Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gates of Oblivion, the Year of Dagon is coming.

• Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Repeatable content and story-rich content are mutually exclusive on a conceptual level, on a psychological level.

That is fundamentally not true
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thoragaal wrote: »
    Can you believe it, DAGON, IN YOUR OWN HOMELAND!?

Oh god please no. Don't give them idea's ;)
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Thoragaal wrote: »
    Can you believe it, DAGON, IN YOUR OWN HOMELAND!?

Oh god please no. Don't give them idea's ;)

Well we will have to wait and see what they do. Hopefully not something like those two npcs or Stuga.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Aertew
    Aertew
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    Aertew wrote: »
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    Aertew wrote: »
    My guess would be return to black marsh / murkmire for the Q1 DLC dungeons

Q2 skingrad/ manimarco return
    Q3 more badlands/imperial dungeons
    Q4 face off with dagon

The article says new worlds so I'm gonna say maybe we get a new plane to visit like we did in clockwork.

New systems my guess would be the CP rework or a new weapon type

Can't wait to light attack dagon to death after him being hyped up all year as a big bad.

Wooo

They should just do what WoW does and make them dungeon or trial bosses

Because we all know how easy and comfortable it is to enjoy a quest in group content. It's fine to put optional bits of story into dungeons, but only optional ones, not the main big guy.

So you'd rather kill the main bad guy in 3 light attacks and some spammable abilities? I like ESO but playing WoW shows what dungeons should feel like. I like how they incorparate the story in dungeons and raids. Why cant ESO do that? Its a MMO first not a RPG. Also again. They can force pauses when there are characters talking? Honestly fighting some bosses in expansions and DLC felt disapointing

Yes. Because I want to do quests at my own pace. Haven't you seen people rushing through overland quests, including main one, like their ex is chasing them? I'd take a story boss melting at my approach over grouping with those Sonics any day.
    ESO is an Elder Scrolls RPG first and only then MMO. Most of the story content is solo-oriented. No, all the story content is solo-oriented, but some of it leaked into dungeons, that's it.
    There're no dialogues you cannot click through or just ignore NPC talking unless there's a scripted door. Or they'd have to script-stun players on every step and that's honestly doesn't sound like fun.

Edit: quest content isn't supposed to be hard. It's about story, not about skill, it should be accessible to every potato with deeply RP build. And I think that ZOS did quite a nice job separating story and challenge.
    Also I've seen people asking for help with quest bosses, so looks like they are hard enough.

I get what you mean. But there comes at a point where defeating a boss doesnt make them even feel important. It's just off. Like I said before about defeating the story boss in some spammable abilities.

Also the game script pauses you in quests anyway? When NPC's are talking you cant really make go by faster or skip it.
  • FalZhardumDin
    FalZhardumDin
    ✭✭
    The city from the teaser looks like Leyawiin to me. I don't see the long Skingrad's bridge. The ruins look ayleid, so maybe Welke or Wendelbeck from TES IV Oblivion?
    Off4lRA.png
    Also the book is not "Mysterium Xarxes". It was written by Mehrunes Dagon and given to Mankar Camoran explicitly to use it as Paradise maker. Camoran was born in 3E 267 so it doesn't work with ESO's timeline (2E 583). It's probably something very similar to "MX" and maybe given with similar purpose - you have what you want and you help daddy Dagon to invade Tamriel in return.
    The argonian ruins part is very strange. Like, I can't easily connect the dots. They look like a pure passage cave to the Badlands, no portals (we already saw them in ESO) and no sigil stones... From the sources I read it's very hard to make the argonian Badland's entrance to work, it's just doesn't make any sense. We know, that proto- and recent- Argonians worship mostly Hists and Sithis. Of course we can find some other ones dealing with Mara and Zenithar but not in Black Marsh.
    I think it probably could be some connection to 2nd Akaviri invasion in 2E 572 (new Akaviri Potentates crown crates hint?). During which we got some argonian warriors called Shellbacks, they helped Dunmers and Nords repel the invasion and maybe they simply took some daedric inspiration from Dunmers on the way back to Black Marsh (Blackwood/Gideon region) and started worshiping Dagon in some old xanmeer-looking ruins? Who knows?
    Also what is more interesting, the three argonians who led the Shellbacks were BATTLEMAGES (new playable class hint?!). We know the names of two of them - Vicecanon Heita-Meen and Keshu the Black Fin, so there is still place for the third one... Maybe she/he is the Dagon's cultist?
    Edited by FalZhardumDin on December 22, 2020 11:25PM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The city from the teaser looks like Leyawiin to me. I don't see the long Skingrad's bridge. The ruins look ayleid, so maybe Welke or Wendelbeck from TES IV Oblivion?
    Off4lRA.png
    Also the book is not "Mysterium Xarxes". It was written by Mehrunes Dagon and given to Mankar Camoran explicitly to use it as Paradise maker. Camoran was born in 3E 267 so it doesn't work with ESO's timeline (2E 583). It's probably something very similar to "MX" and maybe given with similar purpose - you have what you want and you help daddy Dagon to invade Tamriel in return.
    The argonian ruins part is very strange. Like, I can't easily connect the dots. They look like a pure passage cave to the Badlands, no portals (we already saw them in ESO) and no sigil stones... From the sources I read it's very hard to make the argonian Badland's entrance to work, it's just doesn't make any sense. We know, that proto- and recent- Argonians worship mostly Hists and Sithis. Of course we can find some other ones dealing with Mara and Zenithar but not in Black Marsh.
    I think it probably could be some connection to 2nd Akaviri invasion in 2E 572 (new Akaviri Potentates crown crates hint?). During which we got some argonian warriors called Shellbacks, they helped Dunmers and Nords repel the invasion and maybe they simply took some daedric inspiration from Dunmers on the way back to Black Marsh (Blackwood/Gideon region) and started worshiping Dagon in some old xanmeer-looking ruins? Who knows?
    Also what is more interesting, the three argonians who led the Shellbacks were BATTLEMAGES (new playable class hint?!). We know the names of two of them - Vicecanon Heita-Meen and Keshu the Black Fin, so there is still place for the third one... Maybe she/he is the Dagon's cultist?

I have to disagree with you, there is no lore saying that Dagon wrote this for Mankar and his followers, plus I can see the book being far more then just creating a paradise. The pages Martin needed to create the portal were like 2 pages out of a whole book. Which could have a lot more pages and stuff and lore to it. Plus its a Daedric artifact and Dagon could have written it at any time and somehow Markar impressed Dagon to give it to him There is a very high chance that book is in fact the Mysterium Xarxes. Because there is no lore they would be breaking if they used it as next years plot point. All it would do is help expand the lore on the Mysterium Xarxes which is a good thing not a bad thing.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on December 23, 2020 9:20AM
    PC NA
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off4lRA.png

It can't be Leyawiin because Leyawiin is at sea level, not on a hill.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • FalZhardumDin
    FalZhardumDin
    ✭✭
    I have to disagree with you, there is no lore saying that Dagon wrote this for Mankar and his followers, plus I can see the book being far more then just creating a paradise. The pages Martin needed to create the portal were like 2 pages out of a whole book. Which could have a lot more pages and stuff and lore to it. Plus its a Daedric artifact and Dagon could have written it at any time and somehow Markar impressed Dagon to give it to him There is a very high chance that book is in fact the Mysterium Xarxes. Because there is no lore they would be breaking if they used it as next years plot point. All it would do is help expand the lore on the Mysterium Xarxes which is a good thing not a bad thing.
    For sure it's a good thing. I only operate with what I have found. We got the translations from the Imperial Library. We also don't know when Mehrunes Dagon wrote the book.

• FalZhardumDin
    FalZhardumDin
    ✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    It could be Skingrad for sure, I am just speculating. The view from the teaser just doesn't work for me. It looks like Nibenay Valley, with a river and two range of hills on each side. The city also looks a lot like Leyawiin looking from Imperial City direction with The Great Chaple of Zenithar towering on the right. Near Skingrad you also have a river but it's further south and from character's perspective in the teaser to get the view with the chaple/castle on the right you would need to look from Kvatch's direction. So it doesn't make much sense for me when you look at topography.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so it isnt just hollywood who is out of ideas. LOL :D
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    na, the foresty/swamp place is probably where city of ash took place. they are probably tying together dagon's involvement

The other day, I was thinking about City Of Ash 2 when the woman we rescue in the dungeon said she had something that belonged to Dagon and that he would come for her. Wonder if we'll see that bosmer woman again too.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    so it isnt just hollywood who is out of ideas. LOL :D

I think the creators have ideas but the people who pay them don't want to spend on anything that's unproven. So they make safe choices. "I don't pay you to think, I pay you to do what I say; remake, reboot, and rehash the thing that already made money."
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For sure it's a good thing. I only operate with what I have found. We got the translations from the Imperial Library. We also don't know when Mehrunes Dagon wrote the book.

Well, we for sure are going to see a good amount of new interesting things with it, and I understand no worries.
    PC NA
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wanna know one of my favorite fights from Skyrim? Morakei or however you spell his name. Because he is insanely good versus magic users and he's one of the final bosses of the college story. Fighting him as a mage is, you're never going to believe this, challenging. But not dark souls hard.

I can tell you've more than likely never had the experience of enjoying and appreciating a good boss fight.

That fight was rough. I had to summon my flame atronach Hot-Pants, to tank the *** so I could range him down. Great fight, awesome quest line.

• VampireLordLover99
    VampireLordLover99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obsidian3 wrote: »
    Wanna know one of my favorite fights from Skyrim? Morakei or however you spell his name. Because he is insanely good versus magic users and he's one of the final bosses of the college story. Fighting him as a mage is, you're never going to believe this, challenging. But not dark souls hard.

I can tell you've more than likely never had the experience of enjoying and appreciating a good boss fight.

That fight was rough. I had to summon my flame atronach Hot-Pants, to tank the *** so I could range him down. Great fight, awesome quest line.

Exactly! Thank you! Might wanna tell @Olauron that. He might have his socks blown off that challenge actually made a fight memorable for someone. In an elder scrolls game oh my!
    Edited by VampireLordLover99 on December 23, 2020 4:50PM
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 3:54PM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they will make it more like this concept art:
    SbAhzwM.jpg
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be Skingrad for sure, I am just speculating. The view from the teaser just doesn't work for me. It looks like Nibenay Valley, with a river and two range of hills on each side. The city also looks a lot like Leyawiin looking from Imperial City direction with The Great Chaple of Zenithar towering on the right. Near Skingrad you also have a river but it's further south and from character's perspective in the teaser to get the view with the chaple/castle on the right you would need to look from Kvatch's direction. So it doesn't make much sense for me when you look at topography.
    It can be Leyawiin, though the same hills (or mountains) seem to be too high in the trailer. Maybe there are some at the Elsweyr border, but in the Black Wood (or if a bit far away - in the Black Marsh)? The hills (mountains) at least are shown on local maps of Malabal Tor and Reaper's March. It's strange.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

After removing a few unnecessary back and forth posts, we would like to remind everyone to keep comments and replies on topic, and to keep the Forum's Community Rules in mind when posting.
    Staff Post
  • VampireLordLover99
    VampireLordLover99
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_KageW wrote: »
    Greetings all,

After removing a few unnecessary back and forth posts, we would like to remind everyone to keep comments and replies on topic, and to keep the Forum's Community Rules in mind when posting.

🙏
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Content is released bugged/broken that has become the norm, I need to wait and see first.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on December 24, 2020 5:25AM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »
    Content is released bugged/broken that has become the norm, I need to wait and see first.

I do hope that isn't the case next year with the chapter.
    PC NA
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We are quick to jump on Skingrad and Dagon and are ignoring a lot of other clues and hints about what else there could be.

Hints that indicate the next Chapter will heavily involve Argonians.
    1. Argonian Companion is either representative of the player or is a character representative of his home - either way that indicates Black Marsh
    2. In the trailer the landscape is mist ridden with the sounds of animals of a swamp or very warm & humid climate.
    3. The Vision shows Black Marsh along with Argonian ruins and architecture.
    4. The "Global Reveal Event" background in the official news post features Limestone with Greenery and Moss. Limestone has been known to form in wetlands near the ocean.
    5. The presence of various Argonian themed crown store items that mention the Imperial City of "Gideon" which is in Black Marsh
    6. Gideon was the Captial City of the original Murkmire zone which was originally going to be an Adventure Zone several years ago but was set aside after feedback on Craglorn. The Murkmire in 2018 was not the one that they originally made - meaning the old one could still be repurposed and called something else with Gideon as its capital.
    7. Gideon is also in a similar position as the the imperial town we see in the CGI cinematic.
    8. Leaks of various upcoming crown store items that are also Argonian themed, like the Wolf-Lizard Pup
    9. The Twitch Account Link Stream Reward is a very Exotic Green Dragon Frog - animals that are found in Hew's Bane and Black Marsh.

Also 2019 was a year where we got both something Familiar (Dragons) and New (Elsweyr) in a Chapter - So I would not put it past ZOS to do the same things again with Argonians.

This is not to dismiss Skingrad as a possibility but to point out that there is actually a lot that could be happening and assuming that this will just be a re-skin of the Oblivion game seems a bit premature when even the little information available indicates more than that assumption.

This next bit is more far reaching BUT it is based on on my observations of the build-up and foreshadowing I have seen in questing from relatively recent previous content.

The Green Dragon Frog is reminiscent of Peryite's form - a six limbed Green Dragon.
    Peryite has been showing up since the Dragon Bones DLC. His influence is most recently felt in Elsweyr with the spread of the Knahaten Flu which originated in Black Marsh, some believe that Peryite is behind the disease. We had several quests in 2019 that dealt with the Flu and Peryite's Cult.

Why is this important? Remember that the news post said
    They’ll be joined by ESO’s Creative Director Rich Lambert and other special guests from the ESO development team to talk about the Gates of Oblivion’s new worlds, challenges, systems, and adventures—all coming in 2021!
    Worlds - Plural.

How does this tie in to Dagon, the Daedric Prince of Chaos & Destruction? Peryite is the Prince of Natural Order - a perfect counterpoint to Dagon. Two Princes that represent two constant forces in Black Marsh, Chaos and Natural Order.

Peryite is also a great follow up from
    Namira, the Scuttling Void who is associated with all things generally considered repulsive - and is heavily a part of the Dark Heart of Skyrim story.

It's a bit of a reach but I don't think it's too far of a reach.

-End of Speculation
  • FalZhardumDin
    FalZhardumDin
    ✭✭
    Off4lRA.png

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker I was somewhat right with my speculations. I even got right the crazy Argonian Mehrunes Dagon cult, the Black Fin, Gideon region and Leyawiin. Did I win something? :hushed:
  • UGotBenched91
    UGotBenched91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did you not know this? we have known Dagon was involved since his model was Datamined alongside a new type of 4-armed Daedra known as a Harbinger.

Ummm.., not all of us follow everything ESO related especially obscure data mined information. Don’t judge but educate my friend.
  • godagarah5000
    godagarah5000
    ✭✭✭
    can we at least finally have the options to play as a dremora, xivilai, and xivkyn? if so im exited for this chapter