Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please give us back Rapid Maneuver!

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Safora13 wrote: »
    I don't understand why ZOS would want to force people to play in ways they don't enjoy in order to get skills.
    vvv
    Alhatariel wrote: »
    I will buy the skillline for the 6 that missed their rapid. Its a lot of money but PvP is really not my cup of tea.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Anthony_Arndt
    Anthony_Arndt
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for being off-topic.

My concern is that can we have rapid maneuver as sort of passive or auto-slotted skill when we're on the mount?

It's really annoying to swap that skill on and off frequently when traveling and fighting.

If you're on PC there's a nice AddOn called "Assist Rapid Riding" that puts it on your bar whenever you mount up and keeps it there as long as you are mounted and don't have the buff active. As soon as you use it, Rapid Maneuvers is swapped back for your normal skill until the buff wears off again. I use it on all my characters.

But sweet gods, it was a royal pain to get all my characters up to Assault 5 to be able to keep it. Only my main was that high by the time this change went live and I had to grind out the rest of them from 2 or 3.
    ”Fusozay Var Var”: ”Enjoy Life”
    Life is short. If you have not made love recently, please, put down this book, and take care of that with all haste. Find a wanton lass or a frisky lad, or several, in whatever combination your wise loins direct, and do not under any circumstances play hard to get. Our struggle against the colossal forces of oppression can wait.
    Good. Welcome back.
    We Khajiit live and fight together, and our struggles will not end very soon, likely not in our lifetimes. In the time we have, we do not want our closest comrades to be dour, dull, colorless, sober, and virginal. If we did, we would have joined the Thalmor.
    Do not begrudge us our lewd jokes, our bawdy, drunken nights, our moonsugar. They are the pleasures often denied to us, and so we take our good humor very seriously.
    Outfit slots are disgustingly expensive.
  • Zephiran23
    Zephiran23
    ✭✭✭✭
    ]

Rapids is considered a convenience, not a necessity. Many players, myself included, do not find it useful enough to take up a valuable slot on their skill bar. ZoS is happy with the change and nothing is going to be reverted or switched around.

For consoles this is definitely true. For PC there are addons that enable you to automatically slot it when you mount up, click to use and then remove it after an interval. It's not a foolproof system and you can start fights with 1 of your skills unexpectedly unavailable.

For all of those on these pages saying they never use it, I'm wondering how many are on console or don't use the addon?
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a console player I use it a ton, we have 2 skill bars, and not everyone cars about perfect rotation. If I need the slot I switch it out, then switch it back after I'm done. I'm not doing trial progression groups all the time.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zephiran23 wrote: »
    For all of those on these pages saying they never use it, I'm wondering how many are on console or don't use the addon?

I play on PC and I have never used it and never intend to. I just don't care to rush around at everything I do. I play to relax and enjoy myself, not to pressure myself into cramming as much content as possible in while playing.

PCNA
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R31BeZN.png

This MUST change

Change the requirements to 2 or 3. Everyone will be happy. Simple as that.

There is no excuse as to why they cannot do that.
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • allhailskippy
    allhailskippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh hey, look at this months daily rewards. A bunch of speed boots books.

I wonder why we might need those >:(
    Hireling Wanted! - An Elder Scrolls Tale https://hirelingwanted.com
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they knew the change would have a negative impact for some players, so they are providing these to help.

This change wasn't made to hurt players. It is a minority who were negatively affected by it, and many many more who benefitted by now having Vigor. ZoS isn't sitting around looking for ways to hurt the playerbase.
    PCNA
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Maybe they knew the change would have a negative impact for some players, so they are providing these to help.

This change wasn't made to hurt players. It is a minority who were negatively affected by it, and many many more who benefitted by now having Vigor. ZoS isn't sitting around looking for ways to hurt the playerbase.

The problem is some of us worked for it on multiple characters. I already spent the time grinding. I now can not play with something I already spent time in game working towards.

Secondly. Vigor has no use for magicka players. The only toon I have that is stamina is a farming character, and if they made magicka sets with sneak and speed increases, he'd be magicka too.

• thangkha
    thangkha
    Soul Shriven
    I support to revert the level requirement for rapid maneuver, I personally won't create another toon, because of this new lvl 5 requirement.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    The problem is some of us worked for it on multiple characters. I already spent the time grinding. I now can not play with something I already spent time in game working towards.

You didn't grind for Rapids before. It was pretty much just handed to you for doing very little.

Raideen wrote: »
    Vigor has no use for magicka players.

No one said it did. It was implemented for stamina players and no one ever said otherwise.

Moving fast for 30 seconds does not in any way affect normal gameplay and is most useful in Cyrodiil where you can't get around by using wayshrines or other means. Players who actively PvP will have no problem earning this and will benefit from others in the group using theirs in the meantime.

ZoS has announced in this thread that they are happy with the change and don't plan to change it. They also have not made any statements about considering a compromise. This is the reality.
    PCNA
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fear not folks! You no longer have to grind out Rapids! Your mount will be just as slow with Rapids as without!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/551133/is-it-me-or-major-gallop-from-rapid-maneuver-doesnt-work-after-patch

Kidding aside (I know Gina responded that they are looking into it), I guess it's not too surprising that Major Gallop somehow got broken during a major/minor buff update patch. It's such a neglected buff, buried in a single skill under rank 5 Assault.

The optimist in me is hoping that this bug will help the devs realize how strange it is that this buff has only a single source, and maybe someone will push to get it normalized with the other buffs that have potions and item sets associated with them.

The pessimist in me fears that they will be unable to get the bug fixed as a major buff at all, and will just get rid of Major Gallop entirely and replace it with a unique skill buff.

Edit: Fixed typo to read "unique skill buff" instead of "unique set buff".
    Edited by silvereyes on November 3, 2020 7:37PM
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The riding lessons from this month's login rewards are completely useless for making any of my characters move faster, so they don't help me at all because I can't make new characters anymore anyway (not that I would ever want to after the Rapids change, of course!). All my characters' horses are fully trained. Nevertheless half of them can only crawl about these days. Only a few months ago they used to travel at what passes for decent speed in this game and they could get to harrowstorms, or dolmens before they were beaten. On the rare occasions they were in Cyrodiil, they could keep up with a group. Now they're completely useless outside of doing crafting writs. Thank you. :(
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joerginger wrote: »
    All my characters' horses are fully trained. Nevertheless half of them can only crawl about these days... Now they're completely useless outside of doing crafting writs.

I find it very frustrating when I read things like this. Many players have never used rapids yet we enjoy the game fully. There is nothing you can't do without rapids.

Wanting something is not the same as needing it.
    PCNA
  • allhailskippy
    allhailskippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joerginger wrote: »
    All my characters' horses are fully trained. Nevertheless half of them can only crawl about these days... Now they're completely useless outside of doing crafting writs.

I find it very frustrating when I read things like this. Many players have never used rapids yet we enjoy the game fully. There is nothing you can't do without rapids.

It's amazing how opinionated you are about a feature that you admittedly do not use.
    Hireling Wanted! - An Elder Scrolls Tale https://hirelingwanted.com
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I play on PC and I have never used it and never intend to. I just don't care to rush around at everything I do. I play to relax and enjoy myself, not to pressure myself into cramming as much content as possible in while playing.

This is exactly how I feel. Riding speed at 60 is really fast enough. I'm a take it slower and smell the flowers sort of person. So I've never slotted Rapids at all. I still think it would be really great if ZOS gave it back to y'all though.
  • Noggin_the_Nog
    Noggin_the_Nog
    ✭✭✭

I find it very frustrating when I read things like this.

Sometimes I like to walk around, looking at the scenery and picking the daisies or cornflowers. I did once join a role-play group and they did not use rapids at all. I do Delves/Pledges and Trials and in only one Trial do I use rapids. So I agree that some players do not use rapids at all - I'd guess around 30% of players.

Today I used the last hours of the Witches Event to grind Dolmens. Need the rings to decon/level one alts crafting skill. Most players I saw were using rapids - I'd guess around 80%. Without rapids I would not have reached each dolmen in time to get a reward. Here rapids is an essential skill.

Yesterday I spent several hours in PvP land, both CP and under level 50. In CP campaigns rapids is essential, it's a big zone, and even in a group you can be isolated and need rapids to get to objectives quickly. No rapids equals no AP. In under level 50 several of my alts do not have rapids unlocked - it's impossible for them to reach objectives, and resign myself to sitting in keeps waiting for the action to come to me. They used to have rapids and could keep up with the action, but now they are severely hampered. In PvP land rapids is an essential skill.

Vigor for me seems an odd skill. I've tried it on all my Stamina alts - both DD and Tanks, but never kept it on their skill bars. I agree that some players do use Vigor, but not all players. Let's say 50% of players are stamina and being generous 50% of those use vigor - so that means 25% of players are using Vigor. For some It could be an essential skill and I'm pleased for them that it is available earlier..

The title of this thread is 'Please give us back Rapid Maneuver!'. I agree with this. Rapids is an essential skill for many players and is currently far too high in the PvP rank skills. It should be available much earlier as there are many things you cannot do without it.

Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on November 4, 2020 12:20AM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running around trying to get to dragons in Elsweyr is almost impossible without Rapids, especially if your speed isn't maxed. If your speed is 30 or below and you don't have Rapids, it's pretty impossible.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That wasn't my intention. I know a lot of people like this skill, and want this skill, and have gotten so used to using it all the time that they feel like they are being hindered from enjoying the game without it. But just say that then. That is as valid a reason for wanting it back as any. Making claims that the game is unplayable now isn't accurate and may turn away some players who may otherwise support their cause.
    Edited by SilverBride on November 3, 2020 9:58PM
    PCNA
  • Noggin_the_Nog
    Noggin_the_Nog
    ✭✭✭

That wasn't my intention. I know a lot of people like this skill, and want this skill, and have gotten so used to using it all the time that they feel like they are being hindered from enjoying the game without it. But just say that then. That is as valid a reason for wanting it back as any. Making claims that the game is unplayable now isn't accurate and may turn away some players who may otherwise support their cause.

Thank you for saying that.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

All players wanting to use Rapids were negatively affected, and no one benefitted from the change.
    Because the change we are talking about is not pushing Vigor forwards.
    The change they made, and the change that only hurt people without having a positive effect for anyone at all, was pushing Rapids back to Assault 5.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After removing a handful of comments, we would like to remind everyone that all posts should be kept civil, constructive, and within the guidelines of the rules. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    So with the Markarth Update they lowered it to Assault 3 right?

Is Lagodiil still a unplayable mess with the testing?

Have you ever been in a Turkish Prison?

• warabi
    warabi
    ✭✭✭
    Obsidian3 wrote: »

It's still at rank 5 when I checked in game just now.
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    warabi wrote: »
    Obsidian3 wrote: »

It's still at rank 5 when I checked in game just now.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

It should be at Rank 2 or 3!
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • WoodenHeart
    WoodenHeart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just log in for the daily reward, notice I no longer have Rapids, and log back out in frustration.
    It's been that way for weeks now. :( I don't want to play in slow motion.

It really is time to find a new game, one which I enjoy instead of one that keeps removing things I like (and have gotten used to over the years).
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just log in for the daily reward, notice I no longer have Rapids, and log back out in frustration.
    It's been that way for weeks now. :( I don't want to play in slow motion.

It really is time to find a new game, one which I enjoy instead of one that keeps removing things I like (and have gotten used to over the years).

Same with me. Two of my three accounts are inactive now (and ESO+ cancelled) and I’m barely playing the third account. I am obviously not getting over losing what to me is an essential skill that I’ve been using on all my many characters since closed beta. All the other constant nerfs haven’t helped, either.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here. I play on both PC servers but have never used any add-ons and have never used Rapids on any of my 40+ characters. I rarely use mounts as they get in the way of harvesting and I'm never in a rush to get anywhere. On the other hand, one or two of my characters are making good use of Vigor which I had never used prior to this change.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Same here. I play on both PC servers but have never used any add-ons and have never used Rapids on any of my 40+ characters. I rarely use mounts as they get in the way of harvesting and I'm never in a rush to get anywhere. On the other hand, one or two of my characters are making good use of Vigor which I had never used prior to this change.

I rarely use my mount either, because I just can't pass up all the good crafting mats that are everywhere. The only time I mount up is if I am heading to a Harrowstorm or a World Boss, and 99% of the time I get there in time just using sprint.

I actually did an experiment recently while doing writs. I sprinted to the next crafting station the same time another player was getting on their mount to rush over. We both got there at the same time. I was able to duplicate these results every time I tested it.

Players need to stop claiming that the game is at a crawl, or in slow motion, or completely unplayable without rapids. It's not. It's just slower than what they have gotten themselves used to. And it is in no way even close to unplayable.
    PCNA
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't believe people are still complaining about this. Everyone in my non-PVP guild earned Rapids back within days of the change, getting rank 5 is ridiculously easy and fast and in most cases doesn't require even seeing another player, let alone engage with them. As for the fellow sitting in the keep, I earned rapids back on 4 level 10 alts following a zerg around when I had 10 ride speed. Yeah, I arrived late to the party every time, but not so late I missed those huge ticks that granted me the skill back within about an hour and a half each.

I still have 2 alts with no rapids, but trained their mounts to 60 and they are plenty fast enough for all PVE content. Heck, I had 5 level 50 characters before I even knew rapids was a thing , it is definitely *not* a requirement to enjoy the game or even needed outside of Cyrodiil IMHO.

I want vampire/werewolf skills, but don't want to be a vampire or werewolf,
    I want the mage guild skills, but don't want to spend my life reading mage books,
    I like Dremora, I don't want to kill them to get the fighters guild skills,
    I want the Psijic skills, but don't want to do that quest line,
    Etc... Is EARNING rapids somehow different that any of those things?
    Edited by Kwoung on November 7, 2020 6:23PM
This discussion has been closed.