Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Please give us back Rapid Maneuver!

• EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to me that the easiest way to give Vigor sooner would have been to just change the requirement from assault level 5 to assault level 3. No other changes would have been necessary.

It would not bother me at all that there is no longer a skill to unlock at assault level 5.
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While not personally affected, and I cannot abide by the people saying that now they're just going to afk in BGs to get it. I also see no reason why they couldn't just move skills about so that these two contested skills were obtained at the earliest possible moment.

The better solution would be to add these and any of the universally applicable skills to the world skill line, and replace them in the PvP skill lines with skills geared towards PvP in particular. It is a universal that many big games, particularly mmos often will try and guide players into activities they don't want to do and I think we can all appreciate that isn't particularly fun.
    silvereyes wrote: »
    CipherNine wrote: »
    And wha'd'ya know?

Crown riding lessons are on offer! :D

Coincidence? Not!

exactly. ZOS doesnt even bother to try and hide it. They aren't even shady about it just put it right out in the open
    Sleazy or shady doesn't really make a difference. I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt before I saw that sale, but it's really hard now.

I guess the Rapids change still could have been genuine, and marketing is just trying to capitalize on it after the fact, but either way, it's a pretty cheap shot.

The sad thing is, they probably think they are being generous by offering money off.

Or the mount packs went on sale as they often do as a normal course of things. It is not in Zos' best interest to alienate the playerbase, so I highly doubt they would say "welp we've taken a skill away from people, now lets blatantly try to sell them mount skill books and skill line unlocks". Whether their response as to the "why" they changed this is genuine I'm sure they have some data that gives them their confidence in doing so. The only thing I can think of as to why they moved the skill in the way they did was that Rapids showed up as one of their performance variables negatively affecting gameplay. They couldn't just outright delete the skill entirely, so they moved it to a point where many would likely not get it.

It sucks and I feel for the people who have a billion toons that are now slower, and I wish they would dramatically overhaul the PvP skill lines to skills just meant for pvp and move a lot of the existing ones to a general purpose line. They could even make it so this line could be leveled via AP or XP.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    Hmmm, over a 7% drop in players on Steam in the past 30 days. Second biggest monthly drop in a year. Coincidence, or reaction to this negative QOL change?

https://steamcharts.com/app/306130

Wow, the free fall is real. Almost 11% drop now.

Any predictions how September will end up?

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if the steam stats even mean anything. It is interesting to see April with a near 93% increase though. I wonder what kind of cataclysmic event could have generated that kind of concurrent play...

I'm not sure if it is possible to look up stats on ESO Plus subscribers, but I think that is a more important figure.

I just moved all of my alts to Vivec, as it is easy to get to pretty much everything there without realizing "Crap! I don't have rapids!"
    I simp for vampire lords and Glemyos Wildhorn
  • Nicole94
    Nicole94
    ✭✭✭
    And wha'd'ya know?

Crown riding lessons are on offer! :D

Coincidence? Not!

I wish I could say I was shocked, but I am not at all.
    I don't know if the steam stats even mean anything. It is interesting to see April with a near 93% increase though. I wonder what kind of cataclysmic event could have generated that kind of concurrent play...

I'm not sure if it is possible to look up stats on ESO Plus subscribers, but I think that is a more important figure.

I just moved all of my alts to Vivec, as it is easy to get to pretty much everything there without realizing "Crap! I don't have rapids!"

I did the same. Also I have noticed that I have 2 characters that I started right before the rapids lazy skill swap. They are both over 30% mount speed now and yet STILL move slower than when they were fresh and had rapids unlocked at level 10. I am sure soon ZoS will offer a "crown cure" for that.

I truly am shocked that they care so little about the players in the game. I have been placed on a warning because they don't like the way I talk to them. Well I don't like the way they treated me, a paying customer, I guess we are both unhappy.
    I never demanded they change the skill back, I never demanded anything except an official response. Just an explanation of WHY Rapid Maneuver could not have STAYED at rank 2 and Vigor moved to Rank 3, both unlocking with tutorial. Or why it had to be the way it is right now, ANYTHING would have been better than ignoring the negative feedback from the PTS and now on live.
    ZoS COULD have said "Thanks for your feedback, we will forward this on to our Dev team!" and that would have been better than what they have done. They have handled this with the same professionalism I would expect from middle school bullies.
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Is there any word on when the Rapids situation will be resolved?
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MrGhosty wrote: »
    It is not in Zos' best interest to alienate the playerbase
    One would think that, yet here we are.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The AP gain is ridiculous right now. Yesterday I got 88K AP in one Keep defense tick. Getting 40K+ is almost common.
  • ruengdet2515
    ruengdet2515
    ✭✭✭
    Solution?
    Look in Crown Store soon. :D
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike0987 wrote: »
    1-2 hours of Cyrodiil (In a good group) and get to level 5. Simple as that.
    This argument could have been made for getting Vigor as well, back when it was Assault level 5. If it's that quick to get, then it wasn't necessary to change it in the first place.
    Now we can't even go into Cyrodiil on a new character at all until we've been training our mount speed for a couple of months, or we'll miss every single battle. Before, you could go into Cyrodiil a whole lot sooner.

This is 100% about them wanting to sell riding lessons and the Alliance War skill line. I refuse to buy either now.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on September 17, 2020 5:34PM
  • BeefcakeManwich
    Ride training books are on sale in crown store!
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    The AP gain is ridiculous right now. Yesterday I got 88K AP in one Keep defense tick. Getting 40K+ is almost common.

Did they fix it so that it actually applies to your Assault/Support rank, as well as the campaign ranking, rather than just being an "AP as currency" buff?
    The Moot Councillor
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings everyone!

We've removed some posts from this thread given their baiting nature. We understand that everyone has their own opinions they want to express, but we also want the forums to be a constructive platform for ESO and its community.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Did they fix it so that it actually applies to your Assault/Support rank, as well as the campaign ranking, rather than just being an "AP as currency" buff?

Kind of.

It is supposed to work now for healing/killing players, taking outposts/keeps/resources, but not for repairing walls, doing quests, etc. (you know, all the things that have been recommended to PVEers who hate the thought of PVP to do).
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    esotoon wrote: »

Kind of.

It is supposed to work now for healing/killing players, taking outposts/keeps/resources, but not for repairing walls, doing quests, etc. (you know, all the things that have been recommended to PVEers who hate the thought of PVP to do).
    Imo, repairing or questing isn’t a very effective use of time if you hate pvp, even if it were doubled. It’s slow and very low ap.

I think zos should just give rapids back, but if you want to take advantage of the testing event, you would be best off campaign surfing for one that has a lopsided balance in your faction’s favor and then lfg in zone chat. If a zerg is active, you’ll get an invite in a few minutes. If none are available when you check, try a different time.

Riding with a zerg is so easy, you can do it without any special gear or build planning, and if you die, someone will res you. The ap gains are too ridiculous to waste time doing anything else.

It’s still over an hour of your life that could have been spent doing something more exciting than a slow horse simulator, but it’s still the fastest way to guarantee you get rapids back.
  • JoeCapricorn
    JoeCapricorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am probably not going to be posting in this thread any longer

My mom passed away.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems to work. All my characters are rank 10, but the extra AP is now applying to the alliance rank where last week it didn't.
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My mom passed away.

Sorry to hear that. :( Condolence to you and your family.
  • Nicole94
    Nicole94
    ✭✭✭

My mom passed away.

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you are ok. Take care.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh look.......

7 characters lost rapids due to the change.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My mom passed away.

I'm so sorry for you and your family. I'm sending good thoughts for all of you. Please, keep safe, and be well if you can.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

My mom passed away.

I’m very sorry to hear that 😔
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even then, 60 speed feels too slow. I like Rapids just to go faster. I just like going faster.]

<insert i am speed meme>

edit: noooo, bad time to try and be a clever clogs. Hope you’re okay.
    Edited by Astrid on September 19, 2020 4:12AM
  • TaffyIX
    TaffyIX
    ✭✭✭

My mom passed away.

Sorry to hear that.
    Breton Templar
    Daggerfall Covenant
    EU Megaserver
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I doubt the very unpopular rapids change will be mentioned in the live stream. If it is I'm betting it will be laughed off.

I'll come back to the game if it's changed back (or they take up one of the suggestions that they happily ignored), quite happy doing other things until then. Shame as I played since Beta and really love the game. But standing by my principles and all that malarkey.

JoeCapricorn - sorry for your loss.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No mention of it in the live stream. I guess there's no concern about how players feel about it.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    No mention of it in the live stream. I guess there's no concern about how players feel about it.

I'm waiting to see the patch notes for the PTS, but I'm not holding my breath.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, no there was not.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • FinrodMacBeorn
    FinrodMacBeorn
    ✭✭✭
    From a mod statement in the German parallel thread, the devs are aware that many players are upset, and they will have another look at the situation.

However, you really should not expect something during the next pts cycle which has been more or less finalized weeks ago. Except for the quite unlikely case that they just revert the change or lower the alliance rank required for rapids ...
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This thread is still a thing? I just took 3 level 10's crafting daily chars in crafted gear out over the weekend solo and each earned it in less than an hour. My guild also hosts a weekly Cyro run and everyone that comes, mostly PVE characters in PVE gear, usually get everything they need, Rapids, Warhorn, etc... Most of them were scared of Cyro at first, then they saw how easy it is and that even if you do die, someone will rezz you generally and there are no consequences anyways, so they all end up having fun and joining weekly on different characters to get multiple 50 transmute stone rewards for the campaign. Not to mention we get enough rewards of the worthy to open one a day all week for the additional transmute stone rewards, which usually adds up to about 150 extra transmute stones a month.
This discussion has been closed.