The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Streak and convert spamming is a huge issue plaguing this game

• oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Most Sorcerers use Ball of Lightning, which is truly overperforming.

what do you mean over performing? it was nerfed recently stun was removed. what do you want to remove from it
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭

what do you mean over performing? it was nerfed recently stun was removed. what do you want to remove from it

I agree Ball of Lightning is OP now, they should give to it only 50% damage reduction but make it free from cost increase..
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree Ball of Lightning is OP now

it doesnt explain anything
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It neuters magicka projectile builds, much like old wings. You don't hear the forum complaining all day because it doesn't concern melee stamina builds, which are 80% of Cyrodiil.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As I said. It shuts down all ranged magicka builds. You would have to be very foolish to die against a ranged class by using ball of lightning. It is basically impossible.

The reason why it is not overperforming in the current environment, is that almost everyone uses physical damage. Yet Ball of Lightning is another factor why fewer people try and use ranged magic builds. Hence, it should be altered in some ways.
    Edited by Dracane on February 24, 2020 3:43PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

It neuters magicka projectile builds, much like old wings. You don't hear the forum complaining all day because it doesn't concern melee stamina builds, which are 80% of Cyrodiil.

i know how it works ive used it before. it doesnt make sorc invulnerable and bol spam must be paired with shield if one doesnt want to eat an ult in stun while undefended. that combination is hard to sustain in nocp at least and as you have mentioned it useless against 80% of pvp player base. yes it may be helpful against remaining 20% in case of 1vs1 combat which is a rare thing by itself in this game. birds healing is a little bit cheaper than bol so in 1vs1 its maybe better to face damage with shields and heal what comes through or dodge/block. from my personal experience bol was really good as an escape tool from an angry zerg and as a stun against melee players which are 80% of player base as you know. so in my point of view bol was nerfed and i dont see how is it over performing now. lets better discuss a shimmering shield :)
    Edited by oxygen_thief on February 24, 2020 5:26PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

i know how it works ive used it before. it doesnt make sorc invulnerable and bol spam must be paired with shield if one doesnt want to eat an ult in stun while undefended. that combination is hard to sustain in nocp at least and as you have mentioned it useless against 80% of pvp player base. yes it may be helpful against remaining 20% in case of 1vs1 combat which is a rare thing by itself in this game. birds healing is a little bit cheaper than bol so in 1vs1 its maybe better to face damage with shields and heal what comes through or dodge/block. from my personal experience bol was really good as an escape tool from an angry zerg and as a stun against melee players which are 80% of player base as you know. so in my point of view bol was nerfed and i dont see how is it over performing now. lets better discuss a shimmering shield :)

With BoL, you don't have to survive a combo, you can prevent parts of it. All that Matriarch healing is useless if you already died to a burst combo. With BoL lingering, you just need to cast it now and then and it'll absorb enough damage to let you live. And absorbing a Meteor is just lol.
    I agree it's not overperforming on a large scale considering Cyrodiil's current landscape. But under the right conditions, it's poorly designed. Basically, it's a hard counter and those are typically unhealthy for the game.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With BoL, you don't have to survive a combo, you can prevent parts of it. All that Matriarch healing is useless if you already died to a burst combo. With BoL lingering, you just need to cast it now and then and it'll absorb enough damage to let you live. And absorbing a Meteor is just lol.
    you can prevent combos by dodging / blocking/ los and it doesnt require a slot. im not sure about meteor but you dont need to absorb it if you dodge to prevent a stun then block it. i like to dodge as you can see :) i agree that bol has its benefits in certain situations but i think for a well rounded build streak is much better for now
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoL is average, its purely defensive skill, if anything is disgustingly op for defensive skills its mist form its almost like a 4 second CC proof dodge roll and cuts dot damage massively too, which an actual dodge roll doesn’t.
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    JinxxND wrote: »
    All they need todo is make it blockable again, and problem solved, it already got the fatigue reduced a lot which is enough of a buff the unblockable thing without counter play is dumb

After they make other unblockable stuns blockable then is time to make blockable stun

All the other unblockable stuns are melee range and or single target. Not a huge aoe range gap closer/escape tool that can stun entire groups while doing damage. Not even close to balanced.

They also don't ramp up their costs, fail on uneven terrain and force a 180 upon you which is impossible on console.
    If we're balancing, then put those on the other CCs. You'll quit in a day.

I would gladly take streak for turn evil/fear for all the utility and the cc it provides.
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All they need todo is make it blockable again, and problem solved, it already got the fatigue reduced a lot which is enough of a buff the unblockable thing without counter play is dumb

After they make other unblockable stuns blockable then is time to make blockable stun

All the other unblockable stuns are melee range and or single target. Not a huge aoe range gap closer/escape tool that can stun entire groups while doing damage. Not even close to balanced.

They also don't ramp up their costs, fail on uneven terrain and force a 180 upon you which is impossible on console.
    If we're balancing, then put those on the other CCs. You'll quit in a day.

I would gladly take streak for turn evil/fear for all the utility and the cc it provides.

I can see the utility, but you don't want the CC if you have Turn/Fear. Mind the 180!
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    you can prevent combos by dodging / blocking/ los and it doesnt require a slot. im not sure about meteor but you dont need to absorb it if you dodge to prevent a stun then block it. i like to dodge as you can see :) i agree that bol has its benefits in certain situations but i think for a well rounded build streak is much better for now

Those things stamina and reactive (except for LoS, which is something else entirely). BoL can be applied at will and does its job. And you can use it more often. It can really make you quasi unkillable against mag projectiles.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those things stamina and reactive (except for LoS, which is something else entirely). BoL can be applied at will and does its job. And you can use it more often. It can really make you quasi unkillable against mag projectiles.

You forgot to burst his bubble that neither Meteor's stun nor damage is dodgeable.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You forgot to burst his bubble that neither Meteor's stun nor damage is dodgeable.

That would be cruel!
    D=
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Streak has a 33% per cast penalty, not 50% :)

Wow ridiculous, no wonder I see people spam it 4 times in a row like its nothing

... People slatted it to be equivalent to a mag dodge roll. So now it's equivalent to a dodge roll. Streak is an incredibly niche ability, and honestly if you play and get good at a sorc, you may find you won't even put it on your bar. Imo this is arguably the most over-complained about skill in the game, and it's mobility is what makes playing the class fun and gives it character.
    Edited by Cathexis on February 25, 2020 4:20AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Streak is the last good ability Sorcerer has left. Everything else was overnerfed.
    And in pvp, Streak is not even the issue. Most Sorcerers use Ball of Lightning, which is truly overperforming.
    Purges you of roots and slows and grants you immortality against all ranged magicka builds by absorbing projectiles.

Be glad of those few using streak still. At least you can kill those.
    Also; if Zenimax wants to force Sorcerers into melee range with this, then that is absolutely fine. Sorcerer is not suited to be in melee range, yet that is where Streak is usable offensively. So it is good they have something for this situation.

And oh gods! It is but a stun. Break free from it and be done with it. The Sorcerer needs a moment to turn around after streaking through you to follow up with crystal shard or something else. By that time any decent play has already broken free. And curse and meteor alone have never killed anyone on their own.

Posts like this... wow. You should really try playing other classes sometime. Almost all sorc skills are better than other class skills across the board.

Being ‘unkillable’ is only the baseline for being a good ability in sorc’s minds.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Sneakers
    Sneakers
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Streak is the last good ability Sorcerer has left. Everything else was overnerfed.
    And in pvp, Streak is not even the issue. Most Sorcerers use Ball of Lightning, which is truly overperforming.
    Purges you of roots and slows and grants you immortality against all ranged magicka builds by absorbing projectiles.

Also; if Zenimax wants to force Sorcerers into melee range with this, then that is absolutely fine. Sorcerer is not suited to be in melee range, yet that is where Streak is usable offensively. So it is good they have something for this situation.

And oh gods! It is but a stun. Break free from it and be done with it. The Sorcerer needs a moment to turn around after streaking through you to follow up with crystal shard or something else. By that time any decent play has already broken free. And curse and meteor alone have never killed anyone on their own.

Posts like this... wow. You should really try playing other classes sometime. Almost all sorc skills are better than other class skills across the board.

Being ‘unkillable’ is only the baseline for being a good ability in sorc’s minds.

You do give up a slot either for damage or a stun, so it has a trade off.

I agree it is hard to die on a mag sorc if you have 2x shields at 10k each (in cyro) together with pirate skeleton and BoL. You have to let people kill you to die really.

But you sacrify a stun or an offensive ability. Todays meta/pvp environment kinda forces a magsorc to have:

Crystal shards + curse + ele wep + endless fury + meteor/overload to have enough burst to drop someone DURING a stun moment.

Meteor is 99% useless unless you stun the moment it connects, since everyone blocks it and takes 0 dmg. I am not exagerating when I say meteor is useless unless it is on a stunned target that has no time to both break and block.

So ye there is that. I like BoL more then streak but without streak I can't kill people. If I slot flame clench to knock people about they insta break free from it (not the same knockback like old dizzy or leap for some reason) and I notice I lack damage to finish people that I do get down to 15-25%.

Templars, DKs, Necros all have enough heals to go from 1% to 100% in like 2 GCD. And NBs just stealth away as soon as you touch them without a stun on them.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sneakers wrote: »

I agree it is hard to die on a mag sorc if you have 2x shields at 10k each (in cyro) together with pirate skeleton and BoL. You have to let people kill you to die really.

But you sacrify a stun or an offensive ability. Todays meta/pvp environment kinda forces a magsorc to have:

Crystal shards + curse + ele wep + endless fury + meteor/overload to have enough burst to drop someone DURING a stun moment.

Meteor is 99% useless unless you stun the moment it connects, since everyone blocks it and takes 0 dmg. I am not exagerating when I say meteor is useless unless it is on a stunned target that has no time to both break and block.

So ye there is that. I like BoL more then streak but without streak I can't kill people. If I slot flame clench to knock people about they insta break free from it (not the same knockback like old dizzy or leap for some reason) and I notice I lack damage to finish people that I do get down to 15-25%.

Templars, DKs, Necros all have enough heals to go from 1% to 100% in like 2 GCD. And NBs just stealth away as soon as you touch them without a stun on them.

Sorcs have two of the strongest burst heals in the game:
    1. Matriarch heal for pet sorcs is the strongest burst heal in the game. If you’re playing a max mag build it’s a higher tooltip then breath of life... by a lot. The issue is it’s expensive and requires a pet, the only heal that can be larger is rally at max time, including ults.
    2. Dark conversion is a strong burst heal, but it can’t be block cast

I’m not saying sorcs are OP, I think they’re fine, but some classes don’t even get burst heals. Saying sorcs are weak is ridiculous.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 25, 2020 2:14PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Play a templar and no Sorcerer can harm you. Play a Dragonknight and no Sorcerer can harm you.
    Other classes excel at countering the entire Sorcerer strategy. Purge, Scales etc.

You are delusional if you think that Sorcerer is above other classes. It was at one point and that was 3 years ago.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Sneakers
    Sneakers
    ✭✭✭
    Sneakers wrote: »

Sorcs have two of the strongest burst heals in the game:
    1. Matriarch heal for pet sorcs is the strongest burst heal in the game. If you’re playing a max mag build it’s a higher tooltip then breath of life... by a lot. The issue is it’s expensive and requires a pet, the only heal that can be larger is rally at max time, including ults.
    2. Dark conversion is a strong burst heal, but it can’t be block cast

I’m not saying sorcs are OP, I think they’re fine, but some classes don’t even get burst heals. Saying sorcs are weak is ridiculous.

Doubt anyone claims it to be weak.

But if you run with:

BoL + Matri thats 2 defensive slots taken on backbar and 1 on ur offensive bar.

Backbar: BoL, Dark conv, ward, matri, boundless storm thats 5/5.

Front bar you have 4 slots left:

Frag, spammable, curse and last spot left for debuff/fury/stun.

I have ran this myself and it is hard to die but you cant kill ppl with it, u lack stun or burst dmg. You also give up on crit surge for mayor sorcery so u need to pot that = no tri pot = vulnerable to stuns (lower stam rec etc)

Vs templars, necros, wardens they cure ur curse.
    Vs nbs they stealth as soon as you damage them.

All I am saying is running bol matri ward has a cost. A big one :)
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamsors generally use Hurricane and a subset of Streak, Dark Deal, and Bound Arms. Magsorc potentially use almost the entire skill line-up.

The combination of stamsorc's kit gives mobility for defense and sustain, which permits two damage sets in medium setup. Until Bound Arms they have nothing else really from the class other than passives. Those are unique powerful active skills that are powerful for a good reason.

Point i if considering changing Streak or Convert, it more important to consider the impact upon stamsorc rather than magsorc.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Play a templar and no Sorcerer can harm you. Play a Dragonknight and no Sorcerer can harm you.
    Other classes excel at countering the entire Sorcerer strategy. Purge, Scales etc.

You are delusional if you think that Sorcerer is above other classes. It was at one point and that was 3 years ago.

Do yourself a favour and switch classes. If you actually think that you aren’t playing a sorc well, and playing other classes will make you a better player.

Sorc’s main issue is it’s filled with players who’ve only played a sorc and have no perspective. No one in their right mind who’s played multiple classes thinks sorcs are weak.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 25, 2020 4:39PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭

Do yourself a favour and switch classes. If you actually think that you aren’t playing a sorc well, and playing other classes will make you a better player.

Sorc’s main issue is it’s filled with players who’ve only played a sorc and have no perspective. No one in their right mind who’s played multiple classes thinks sorcs are weak.
    Also no one who play other class will Say mág sorc is op om current patch
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have I said that Sorcerers are weak? All my sorcerer playstyles are dead, that is true. But my answer to that was to stop pvping and now it is fine.

I like Templar and Necromancer much more. I think they fullfill the role of a ranged mage and a summoner better than Sorcerer at this point. I only stick to Sorcerer because I have 32k achievement points on it and lots of memories.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No secret, I have more PVP hours on a sorc than any other class. I was recently on hiatus for a few patches and just came back about a month ago. First thing I did was to put a mag and stam of each class on the 30 day PVP board, both for crystals and for science.

Stop it with the sorc nerf threads already. It just makes you sound like a bad player. Sorcs are actually in a great spot at the moment. Powerful, but not OP. That should be the goal of any class from a design standpoint. Admittedly, streak feels to function better than it used to. It is a reliable stun, but I still wont call it OP. There are plenty of reliable stuns in this game. The cost is right about where it needs to be. You can use it off cooldown like any other stun, but it does get expensive if you repetatively spam it. DC can be interupted, and CC immunity is a thing.

The other thing to consider about streak is that it requires a ranged class to come into melee range to stun. If you know how to play to that, countering a sorc is just not that hard. I like playing my sorc better than a lot of classes, but to be candid, I don't really fear them on the battlefield. I am sure part of that is because I know their pitfalls better than most, but acting like sorcs are juggernauts in our current tank meta is laughable.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop it with all the crys for nerfs. Geezus you guys never stop.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JanTanhide wrote: »

they will stop when sorcs will left with light attacks only
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    JanTanhide wrote: »

they will stop when sorcs will left with light attacks only

This qq topic is just sorc escape nerf it
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also no one who play other class will Say mág sorc is op om current patch

Yes, magsorc is not OP. It is top-tier class sharing this position with magplar, stamplar, stamden and stamcro. Thus, there is no necessity to nerf streak or sorc. There is necessity to buff/tweak other 7 specs.
  • oneway123
    oneway123
    ✭✭✭
    barely any sorcs and Nbs in cyro these days. Because of all this qq’ing. Keep it up and we’ll be fighting all necro/wardens/and stam dks. And no one will ever die! Now that’s fun, right?