Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So are you guys happy Vampire Lords/Bloodscions are coming to Eso?

• faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    As a nightblade main I've made a conscious decision not to be vampire despite the speed benefits. I abhor the undead, zombie apocolyplse games in General are not something I look forward to it purchase. I think the Bosmer (me) and Redguard are on the right track either eat your enemies or burn them to ashes so vamps and necromancer's can't raise them. I've no interest in the vampire side of the new content whatsoever. I'll be a casual member of the Dawnguard if it's an option or faction. But delving through the undead? is low low low on my enjoyment level. Too dark too halloween for my taste. I bought this game for primarily for PvP war between Alliances. Wish that would expand. Sea battles boarding parties. I could get behind all new PvP zone. Skyrim vamps? Been there done that. And avoided it as much as possible then and likely will now.
    Edited by faeeichenlaub on February 15, 2020 3:04PM
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • VitaKing
    VitaKing
    ✭✭
    Yes I'm happy about this.
    What people don't understand about the Vestige is they are a immortal anuic daedric like being. A Soul Shriven a daedra but the vestige has anuic properties that allows him/her to instantly reform at wayshrines. Because of their quasi immortal status. They can get the vampires and werewolf diseases but they cannot and I repeat cannot became a vampire or lycanthrope normally the immortal body fights it. Preventing it from happening. So body is at war with itself. Now for vampirism and lycanthropy to take hold with the vestige they have to go to a pure source that can complete it.

This is why the vestige has to go to Lamae to become a vampire and Hircine to become a werewolf. For the vestige to become a vampire fully they have to receive the blood of Lamae. This isn't optional its a requirement because its the only way the Vestige can become a vampire. Same deal with Werewolves they have to go to Hircine and only he can finish off the Vestiges transformation into a werewolf. Given Molag Bal the Father of Vampires status as the main big bad of the Base game. They don't have you go to him for it for obvious reasons. So they have us go to the Mother of Vampires.

Without Lamae the only other way the vestige can be a vampire is to go to other pure blooded vampire's such as Harkon, Serana and Valerica as they would be the only other powerful pure blooded vampires able to do it and also Verendis would likely refuse you outright.
    Since he refused to turn the Barons wife which played a big role in the whole Rivenspire Questline. With out any pure blooded vampires around only other way is Molag bal and well given what the vestige is to him he would just take you back to Coldhabour and place you back into chains or even take you to his personal house to personally torment for all time you for the trouble you caused him. So the vestige can't go to him for help with it for that very reason
    Without any pure blooded vampires or even Molag Bal to do it then the vestige just cannot become a vampire.

Because Lamae gave the vestige her blood she completed the vestiges transformation and because of this the vestige is a pure blooded vampire. Because of the nature of the soul shriven, they can only receive pure blooded vampirism and can't receive any other form of it. As such all Vestige Vampires are also Pure Blooded Vampires.

Are you aware that the ability for you to respawn post-main quest is just a game mechanic, quests such as those that take place within the Clockwork City very much confirm the Vestige is mortal.

Actually your body is made of azure plasm (that stuff daedra in Cold Harbour are Made of) even after you reclaim your soul. So are you really mortal? I don't think so.

• Frozen_Heart246
    Frozen_Heart246
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t know how people haven’t been tired of this whole Skyrim theme all these years ... I’m not happy with Skyrim at all.
    But vampires sound interesting. In addition, this game needs vamps rework for years.
    Vamp Lord looks great on paper but we know how it ends when zos try make new things.

Edited by Frozen_Heart246 on February 15, 2020 6:06PM
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed
    I don’t mind it but I will never be a vampire if the ultimate makes me turn into ugly bat Tarzan.
  • Paradisius
    Paradisius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mixed
    Im looking forward to the general rework of Vampires, but im on the fence regarding the ultimate, I personally hope they add something to either its appearance or combat mechanics to differentiate it from the Skyrim Vampire Lord, otherwise its the same thing but just named differently
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I never played Dawnguard so I know almost nothing about vampire lords except that they exist and have wings. That makes it pretty difficult to have any opinion either way.

So for now I'm waiting to see what ZOS is going to do to introduce them and give me a reason to care. It's entirely possible they'll succeed and then I'll be happy about them being in the game because they make an interesting addition to the story and world. It's also possible they'll just assume Skyrim hype will do their job for them and I'll remain indifferent.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    As a nightblade main I've made a conscious decision not to be vampire despite the speed benefits. I abhor the undead, zombie apocolyplse games in General are not something I look forward to it purchase. I think the Bosmer (me) and Redguard are on the right track either eat your enemies or burn them to ashes so vamps and necromancer's can't raise them.

My only nightblade is a bosmer and I've never wanted to vamp him. Other than on the PTS just to see how vamp looks on a bosmer.

While I'm curious to see what they do with this revamp and know that obviously nightblade is the most vampire appropriate class, even if I like the revamp I still don't want to vamp that character.
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    Just when I thought the lack of innovative content and story writing was lacking on the part of the devs.

First the direct copying of modern day Solitude geography and landscape from modern day, single player Skyrim.

Now the direct cut and paste of the Vampire Lord mesh and texture as well?? Have the creatively challenged F76 devs from Bethesda Austin replaced the ZoS devs and developing ESO now?? SERIOUSLY ZoS. That Vamp Lord skin IS A DIRECT CUT AND PASTE COPY FROM SKYRIM. Given the vast lore and bestiary of TES, couldn't you have come up with a DIFFERENT MQ and world boss for this Skyrim plagerized DLC? ESO is truly on a downward spiral.
    Edited by KyleTheYounger on February 15, 2020 10:45PM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just when I thought the lack of innovative content and story writing was lacking on the part of the devs.

First the direct copying of modern day Solitude geography and landscape from modern day, single player Skyrim.

Now the direct cut and paste of the Vampire Lord mesh and texture as well?? Have the creatively challenged F76 devs from Bethesda Austin replaced the ZoS devs and developing ESO now?? SERIOUSLY ZoS. That Vamp Lord skin IS A DIRECT CUT AND PASTE COPY FROM SKYRIM. Given the vast lore and bestiary of TES, couldn't you have come up with a DIFFERENT MQ and world boss for this Skyrim plagerized DLC? ESO is truly on a downward spiral.

Solitude of Eso doesn't look the same as the Skyrim version for one it looks like there is more to the City then we see in SKyrim but by the time of Skyrim the city had been destroyed at least once because of the Wolf Queen thing so I think we are going to see what it looks like before the Wolf Queen took over and the war that destroyed it. They are doing their own thing with it. They are not just doing a full copy and paste and we will be seeing a new area of Blackreach that is under Solitude and Morthal from what I understand.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 15, 2020 11:08PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

You're faulting them for being true to the single player games?

And geography is not generally speaking very dynamic on this kind of miniscule timescale.
    Now the direct cut and paste of the Vampire Lord mesh and texture as well??

Many of desperately wish they'd be as true to the single player games when it comes to character development, eg. no classes etc.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed
    Um.... the ESO vampire lord texture is completely different and actually looks more detailed than Skyrim's version. Have you seen the vampire lord on the website?
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/updates/chapter/greymoor
    Edited by Vevvev on February 15, 2020 10:55PM
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    I don’t know how people haven’t been tired of this whole Skyrim theme all these years ... I’m not happy with Skyrim at all.
    But vampires sound interesting. In addition, this game needs vamps rework for years.
    Vamp Lord looks great on paper but we know how it ends when zos try make new things.

That's most likely because you play on console, lack a PC, and/or didn't bother to take advantage the thousands of FREE mods on Nexusmods, or of the limited number of Skyrim mods on Bethesda.net site available to console gamers. Because if you had installed any mods you wouldn't have made that statement.

Single player Skyrim is still thriving to date because of the likes of 3rd party mods. Some like Nimalten, which have NOTHING to do with the original vanilla MQ. Many which support and enhance the existing game mechanics. Either way, you're not really playing the original game anymore. Installing immersion and environmental mods the likes of Chesko's Frostfall/Campfire, Wet n Cold/Holidays, Vurt Flora Overhaul, Civil War Overhaul etc. Or new world space & quest mods the likes of Falaskaar, Moonpath to Elysweyr, or Beyond Skyrim: Bruma series (all of which are professional quality level DLC that let you play outside the Skyrim map. Or business tycoon/economic mods which let you RP being a humble farmer/miner/trader managing their farm/mine/shop stall into a growing tycoon empire during the day. While giving you the sandbox freedom to freelance as a Vamp Lord/Werewolf at night. Or mega mods the likes of Legacy of the Dragonborn Museum which lets you RP as a Museum Collector. And was made compatible to work with the likes of Arthmoor's Live Another Life mod which lets you decide on whatever your character background is before you play the game.

TL;DR
    The PC modding community have given TES Skyrim (and previous TES games Morrowind and Oblvion) an indefinite shelf life thorugh FREE 3rd party mods. The fact single player Skyrim (i.e. combined legacy Skyrim and Skyrim SE) consistently draws more players and beats ESO in Steam's top 100 on a daily basis is proof of that. An inconvenient fact which first Bethesda and now ZoS couldn't help but notice. So now ZoS has jumped the Skyrim bandwagon in hopes of cashing in on the extended 9yr shelf life Skyrim has enjoyed since release. ZoS figures DRAGONS & VAMP LORDS are the driving force content why Skyrim still remains so popular to date. So now they're directly transplanting this single player content (including ENTIRE CITIES) into ESO.

Which -- just like the cancerous Indrik pandemic they've created in the ESO game world -- further bastardizes TES lore. All thanks to their mad stampede to milk as much money as they can from those impulsive ESO fan boys with the worst compulsive online spending habits in the store. SMH.
    Edited by KyleTheYounger on February 15, 2020 11:12PM
  • devaneiosonho
    devaneiosonho
    ✭✭✭
    What a ridiculous rant. Skyrim was first released nine years ago. You're saying they JUST realized Skyrim is a phenomenon? They were sittin around for years and just NOW decided that they should "milk" Skyrim? Seriously? Try having real arguments, buddy. Not just anything that fits your narrative. This is sad.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    The PC modding community have given TES Skyrim (and previous TES games Morrowind and Oblvion) an indefinite shelf life thorugh FREE 3rd party mods. The fact single player Skyrim (i.e. combined legacy Skyrim and Skyrim SE) consistently draws more players and beats ESO in Steam's top 100 on a daily basis is proof of that. An inconvenient fact which first Bethesda and now ZoS couldn't help but notice. So now ZoS has jumped the Skyrim bandwagon in hopes of cashing in on the extended 9yr shelf life Skyrim has enjoyed since release. ZoS figures DRAGONS & VAMP LORDS are the driving force content why Skyrim still remains so popular to date. So now they're directly transplanting this single player content (including ENTIRE CITIES) into ESO.

They've never been unaware of the added value which mods bring to their titles and which make them tonnes of money.

They've just been really stupid about it.

ESO should have been equally moddable, excluding copyright infringing ones. ZO hosted but privately run servers with players able to mod the game to suit themselves. That would have been super popular and very profitable.

But they didn't go that route. They went the route of charging up the wazoo with super expensive crown store crap to milk the whales.

And Bethesda are screamingly desperate to get players onto SSE to fulfil their ridiculous fantasy of monetizing mods through the laughably named "Creation Club".

Half of Skyrim players are still on vanilla. We know that from steam numbers before Bethesda disabled them for vanilla Skyrim in a vain attempt to hide its continuing popularity. I also find it suspicious that the Skywind mod will require SSE and when I learned that I lost all interest in it.

Some other company - eg. CDProjekt - is going to come along and steal their thunder.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    Nerouyn wrote: »

They've never been unaware of the added value which mods bring to their titles and which make them tonnes of money.

They've just been really stupid about it.

ESO should have been equally moddable, excluding copyright infringing ones. ZO hosted but privately run servers with players able to mod the game to suit themselves. That would have been super popular and very profitable.

But they didn't go that route. They went the route of charging up the wazoo with super expensive crown store crap to milk the whales.

And Bethesda are screamingly desperate to get players onto SSE to fulfil their ridiculous fantasy of monetizing mods through the laughably named "Creation Club".

Half of Skyrim players are still on vanilla. We know that from steam numbers before Bethesda disabled them for vanilla Skyrim in a vain attempt to hide its continuing popularity. I also find it suspicious that the Skywind mod will require SSE and when I learned that I lost all interest in it.

Some other company - eg. CDProjekt - is going to come along and steal their thunder.

I have several fully modded installs of SLE (for differing types of play-throughs). All of them run perfectly fine with no glitches (thank the goddesses for LOOT!) I'm not moving to SSE, for a couple of reasons: first, I don't like the way it looks, it's too bright (I prefer my gloomy grey original thank you) and I'm not interested in trying to fix it with reshade; and second, I'm NOT going to mess with CC. Yuck.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Um.... the ESO vampire lord texture is completely different and actually looks more detailed than Skyrim's version. Have you seen the vampire lord on the website?

Yeah another differance is the wings though the wing models still are kinda very short the Eso ones have those two black spike things on the wings. The Skyrim Vampire lords didn't have black spikes.
    wozg3udy51wp.png
    600px-SR-skill-Vampire_Lord_%28Male%29.jpg

There is many similarities to them but also differences. So they are using their own models based on the Skyrim Model but its clearly not a copy and paste. They did this one on their own and that can be clearly seen.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 15, 2020 11:45PM
    PC NA
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    Solitude of Eso doesn't look the same as the Skyrim version for one it looks like there is more to the City then we see in SKyrim but by the time of Skyrim the city had been destroyed at least once because of the Wolf Queen thing so I think we are going to see what it looks like before the Wolf Queen took over and the war that destroyed it. They are doing their own thing with it. They are not just doing a full copy and paste and we will be seeing a new area of Blackreach that is under Solitude and Morthal from what I understand.

Really?

Here is Solitude in modern day, single player TES Skyrim (an inside game play shot):

http://ibb.co/Kb3Kh0Y

And the ESO Greymoor version. Hmm. Maybe it's the lighting. Because this rendition of Solitude in the new Chapter really had me fooled.......

http://ibb.co/dbKn4q4

O.K. You must be new around here. Greymoor Vamp Lord version:

http://ibb.co/QpJndQQ

....aaand, the typical Skyrim Vamp Lord (aka Lord Hakron's cousin)

http://ibb.co/pnvTBYs

....and presenting Lord Hakron daedric flesh himself. The original Vampire Lord in modern day Skyrim. You really must be new around here.........

http://ibb.co/DYbkL3C

What a ridiculous rant. Skyrim was first released nine years ago. You're saying they JUST realized Skyrim is a phenomenon? They were sittin around for years and just NOW decided that they should "milk" Skyrim? Seriously? Try having real arguments, buddy. Not just anything that fits your narrative. This is sad.

Have you been living under a rock since 2011? No? Then perhaps reading comprehension isn't your best suit then. Because the /sarcasm> tags were clearly missing in your post. I'm saying the ZoS devs appear to be on some sort of extended writer's block vacation since Summerset Chapter release. Either that or they've become creatively bankrupt and/or completely incapable of EXPANDING the TES universe. Particularly given the 20+ human years of lore the TES franchise has thrived upon. Their Elsweyr release was not only illogical to TES lore, but abhorrent from the blatant marketing they achieved milking the Skyrim dragon trend in the store.

And apparently that wasn't enough. So then they released a yet ANOTHER DLC...drumroll...in SKYRIM of all places. With even more dragons and now the Dawnguard imported Vamp Lords. Who would've thought. Heck, they're probably off to dupe the Dawnguard's armor and sell it as a costume collectible in the store next.....

Seriously, ZoS has had the ENTIRE Tamriel continent as a canvass to create new and completely novel world spaces in. You know. Those parts of the existing ESO map that you can't yet travel to because they're completely blank? Why can't they research the lore and create a new DLC based on hundreds of developer and fan based lore stories? Why the constant regurgitation of previously released single player content? Oh wait. Perhaps Creation Club wasn't making enough money on the single player front....

And then there is the completely forgotten Akavir continent, which sadly remains dark and completely unexplored to date by both ZoS and Bethesda. Especially ZoS btw, which was in the best position to introduce said Akavir continent. Why couldn't they have focused on the Akaviri invasion of Tamriel for this new Chapter world space (the way they put out a really decent Summerset/Alinor Chapter?)

No. Of course not. That would take too much time and dev effort. This "new" DLC was business as usual. Exactly the way they immediately jumped the gun with putting out Elsweyer. A move which ticked of a lot of single player TES fan boys, since Bethesda decided to rest TES VI over a decade from now in favor of over marketing the Fallout franchise.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There won't be Dragons in this years content that was last year and we do have The Rift and Eastmarch in the game already and Falkreath Hold as Dlc Dungeon. All they are doing is adding in Haafingar Hjaalmarch and the Reach. That leaves Whiterun Hold, The Pale and Winterhold still open. So with Greymoor we will have six of nine holds in the game.
    Their plans are to do the whole Tamriel that includes all of Skyrim. Then go to Oblivion and explore it. So they got many places they can do. So it was coming at some point. We got Two Islands, A year of Desert now they are doing a year in a snowy and icely environment.

I believe next year they are going to do the zones of Cyrodiil that are not in the game right now. So I think Imperials will be getting some love next year or at least I hope they are.
    PC NA
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    Anyone who actually believes that Greymoor isn't an attempt to cash in on the popularity / nostalgia of Skyrim & Dawnguard is frankly deluding themselves.

The fact that they're turning Noxiphilic Sanguivoria into a Volkihar / Sanguinare Vampiris ripoff is a direct testament to it.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Really?

Here is Solitude in modern day, single player TES Skyrim (an inside game play shot):

http://ibb.co/Kb3Kh0Y

And the ESO Greymoor version. Hmm. Maybe it's the lighting. Because this rendition of Solitude in the new Chapter really had me fooled.......

http://ibb.co/dbKn4q4

O.K. You must be new around here. Greymoor Vamp Lord version:

http://ibb.co/QpJndQQ

....aaand, the typical Skyrim Vamp Lord (aka Lord Hakron's cousin)

http://ibb.co/pnvTBYs

....and presenting Lord Hakron daedric flesh himself. The original Vampire Lord in modern day Skyrim. You really must be new around here.........

http://ibb.co/DYbkL3C

Have you been living under a rock since 2011? No? Then perhaps reading comprehension isn't your best suit then. Because the /sarcasm> tags were clearly missing in your post. I'm saying the ZoS devs appear to be on some sort of extended writer's block vacation since Summerset Chapter release. Either that or they've become creatively bankrupt and/or completely incapable of EXPANDING the TES universe. Particularly given the 20+ human years of lore the TES franchise has thrived upon. Their Elsweyr release was not only illogical to TES lore, but abhorrent from the blatant marketing they achieved milking the Skyrim dragon trend in the store.

And apparently that wasn't enough. So then they released a yet ANOTHER DLC...drumroll...in SKYRIM of all places. With even more dragons and now the Dawnguard imported Vamp Lords. Who would've thought. Heck, they're probably off to dupe the Dawnguard's armor and sell it as a costume collectible in the store next.....

Seriously, ZoS has had the ENTIRE Tamriel continent as a canvass to create new and completely novel world spaces in. You know. Those parts of the existing ESO map that you can't yet travel to because they're completely blank? Why can't they research the lore and create a new DLC based on hundreds of developer and fan based lore stories? Why the constant regurgitation of previously released single player content? Oh wait. Perhaps Creation Club wasn't making enough money on the single player front....

And then there is the completely forgotten Akavir continent, which sadly remains dark and completely unexplored to date by both ZoS and Bethesda. Especially ZoS btw, which was in the best position to introduce said Akavir continent. Why couldn't they have focused on the Akaviri invasion of Tamriel for this new Chapter world space (the way they put out a really decent Summerset/Alinor Chapter?)

No. Of course not. That would take too much time and dev effort. This "new" DLC was business as usual. Exactly the way they immediately jumped the gun with putting out Elsweyer. A move which ticked of a lot of single player TES fan boys, since Bethesda decided to rest TES VI over a decade from now in favor of over marketing the Fallout franchise.

Its not that they could do it the lore clearly talks about what they are. They could implement the Akaviri races and Imgas. They just don't want to do it until Bethesda does or Bethesda is preventing them from showing their actual appearance. Zenimax won't do Akavir unless Bethesda does I'm afraid. Given how they basically put Akaviri in Masks if they did show them and made every other person half breed descendants that look like Imperials well that shows how they have done a lot to tip toe around actually showing them.
    Imga are more like intelligent Altmer worshiping Apes that could easily be done. I don't know why they are afraid of Showing them unless they are being held back and prevented from doing so from Bethesda or want they Bethesda to implement them first. But I think it might be a mix of both on that one as well.

Well I do know some players are upset they are doing what they feel is a reskin of Single player content. But sometimes a bit of Nostalgia sells. This is a business and like all Businesses work to get money. I would love to see them do the Akaviri races and actually show them off I think Zenimax could have great creativity when it comes to it. But they also have to Answer to Bethesda and have to go to them first on some things they do. Some storyline ideas they had got canned. Zenimax really wanted to do Sea Sloads but Bethesda I think said no to them on that when it came to Vanilla I think because of the storyline plot they had. Finally we got to see a Sload in the game. So they do have to still Answer to Bethesda and likely Todd Howard Himself.

Given they were able to do Dragons and now Vampire lords I think they got full permission from Bethesda on that. So they are not without oversight and Bethesda does consider Eso to be canon.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 16, 2020 12:58AM
    PC NA
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.

^^
    THIS. Seems a LOT of decision making ppl were fast asleep at the helm when ZoS first decided on the subscription based model. And AFK when ESO went to an ESO Plus subscription afterwards.

Which is why they've doubled down on the store as of late.
    Actually, you can still get Oldrim player traffic and stats on Steam's db site. This internal site lists EVERY game on Steam regardless of game's popularity:

All game genres:
    https://steamdb.info/

Oldrim:

http://steamdb.info/app/72850/graphs/

Skyrim SSE:

http://steamdb.info/app/489830/graphs/
    Sadly, I have to agree with you. CP2077 is looking to annihilate several AAA titles this year.

• Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well there are times I'm happy about this and sometimes I feel mixed. For some reason, don't get me wrong I do like they are adding vampire lords but I kinda worry about their direction a little bit when it comes the feeding and appearance. Like for example, the feeding and being more like a Sith lord that is kinda bothering me but also some part of me likes that and another part of me wants to see something like this. Their power split so they don't have it all at once powerful when feeding powerful when not feeding. So a duelistic curse that prevents you from going full potential. Instead of a power fantasy I think it should be both a blessing and a curse.

Start out at stage four needing to feed having a message you awaken from your dream. Starting out with no benefits but just weaknessess and the thirst starting out your new unlife. As you feed you lose your undeath passsive(after its unlocked) once out of stage three but you in turn regen and your regen is strongest at stage one. So a duality between looking mortal and being powerful from the blood you drink from not having the regen power but your undeath making it so you are more savage and able to survive. I would like to see it something like this. Having to choose between the powerful Undeath passive vs having powerful regen. Can't have both at the same time.

So I kinda wished vampirism would look like this below. At stage four have the most powerful version of undeath while at stage one having the most powerful form of supernatural recovery. Stage two a weaker form of Supernatural recovery and at stage three a weaker form of the undeath passive. So your balanced out in a unique duality of power. So you have to choose between one beneficial passive or another. So vampirism would mirror itself the more thirsty you are or the most full you are.

Stage Four -75% health recovery, +25% dmg from fire, -21% ability cost, monstrous appearance Criminal Act. Undeath Passive Reduces your damage taken by up to 33% based on your missing Health while you are below 50% Health. Savage Feeding passive After feeding, your target is off balance and stunned for 4 seconds.
    Stage Three -50% health recovery, +20% dmg from fire, -14% ability cost, poor appearance. Undeath Passive Reduces your damage taken by up to 33% based on your missing Health while you are below 30% Health. Savage Feeding passive After feeding, your target is off balance and stunned for 2 seconds.
    Stage Two +50% health recovery, +15% dmg from fire, -7% ability cost, fair appearance. Supernatural Recovery Passive Increases Magicka and Stamina recovery by 5%.
    Stage One +75% health recovery, +5 dmg from fire, -5 ability cost, attractive appearance. Supernatural Recovery passive Increases Magicka and Stamina recovery by 10%. Dark Stalker Passive Ignore the Movement Speed penalty while in Crouch. Decrease the time it takes to Crouch by 50% during the night.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 17, 2020 7:56AM
    PC NA
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed
    I'm mixed. Vampires in ESO are so grotesquely hideous-looking that I can't ever bring myself to become one simply on that principle. you can't save Nirn if you ain't cute.

But on the positive side... Skyrim! while I am a TESV fan like most people, ESO was the game that made me fall in love with Nords and Skyrim, and so I'm excited to see them again. Hopefully they keep it interesting, and hopefully we can have the option to fight off the vampire threat rather than join it.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    Zulera301 wrote: »
    I'm mixed. Vampires in ESO are so grotesquely hideous-looking that I can't ever bring myself to become one simply on that principle. you can't save Nirn if you ain't cute.

But on the positive side... Skyrim! while I am a TESV fan like most people, ESO was the game that made me fall in love with Nords and Skyrim, and so I'm excited to see them again. Hopefully they keep it interesting, and hopefully we can have the option to fight off the vampire threat rather than join it.

> ESO was the game that made you fall in love with Nords and Skyrim, and so I'm excited to see them again.

You mean Skyrim made you fall in love with Nords and Skyrim?
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zulera301 wrote: »

Skyrim Dawnguard did allow you to join up with the vampires but outcome basically remained the same. Either way, plus if you completed the Vampire Side Serana says something that might hint at the future of the Vampires.
    What will you do now? "I'm not sure. I'll probably stay here, for as long as they'll let me. I think we can rebuild here. Make my family's legacy something more respectable. Of course, if you've got any more adventures planned..."
    So I could see her reforming and making the vampires into something more then the monsters they were before. I think they wouldn't be able to go up against her.

As Everyone's Favorite Tes 5 Dragon says What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    It would be neat if the vampires had someone to guide them to a better path.
    Paarthurnax was able to overcome his evil nature with great effort and though he committed horrible crimes he was able to somewhat redeem himself. Though he could become a threat again, but he worked so hard to overcome his evil impulses and he can teach the Dragons to do the same.

But anyways they will not have us join up with the vampire bad guys I can't see them doing that this time around. We will likely be siding with the Ravenwatch again in the new chapter. Which are a respectable group of Vampires who overcome their need to kill and feed on willing subjects or criminals which makes them unique.
    I really do hope we see that dynamic and if the Ravenwatch are an important part of the story one of the options could be that they will reform the Grey Moor vampires to be more respectable. So it will be very interesting and I hope they do something like that here. Just like Paarthurnax going to attempt to get the dragons to follow the way of the Voice at the End of Main Storyline of Skyrim.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 18, 2020 12:33AM
    PC NA
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    was hoping for were-penguins

oh well

:#
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    was hoping for were-penguins

oh well

:#

I personally was hoping they would do werebears. I had thought they might do a guild skill line or that sword and magic skill line. Or something this year like that personally but we are getting Blood Scions/Vampire Lords instead. So hopefully it will turn out well. Still kinda disappointed they have still not added playable werebears.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 18, 2020 3:48AM
    PC NA
  • Túrin_Vidsmidr
    Túrin_Vidsmidr
    ✭✭✭
    Mixed
    Dawnguard 2.
    They could do it right with originality or just blatantly reskin the Skyrim DLC. We'll see.
    The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dawnguard 2.
    They could do it right with originality or just blatantly reskin the Skyrim DLC. We'll see.

I think its not going to be like Dawnguard. Other then well the vampire lords being involved. I think it will be more like Dracula and Ravenloft
    PC NA
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm just hoping WW will also get a rework during the year. also i really hope we get some more creepy monsters for this darker new episode <3