Maintenance for the week of September 2:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 4, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 4, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – September 4, 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So are you guys happy Vampire Lords/Bloodscions are coming to Eso?

Thevampirenight
Thevampirenight
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
The selling point of Greymoor seems to be a heavy vampire year. Along with the return of the Vampire Lords themselves. One of the selling points but the transformation is actually being given to us base game. Possibly do to technical reasons. is the New Vampire Lord Ultimate which is going to be called Blood Scion that will be the new vampire ultimate come Greymoor.

We got a good idea of whats been released to us so far as to what the male version of the vampire lord looks like and it will likely look like this for the players too. Here are three pictures one is concept art for it I found on google for the statue. The colored in game looking model also found this on google. I don't if that is the final product or concept art for its in game look. And I posted the image of what they are showing off as the big bad for the chapter.
Now we don't know what the female models look like but since Skyrim Vampire Lords had a female version and given the werewolf lord polymorph in Eso has female models. I think they will include an in game vampire lord female model. Hopefully they have plans for female blood scions since we are getting this from Mother Lamae herself. It seems they are promoting the male version of the vampire lord the most though. Hopefully they will release the female model art soon at some point. So we can see what they are doing on that front.
Hopefully they could even include unique beast race versions of the vampire lord. Like they did with the werewolf lord model. But I doubt they are going to do that with them hopefully they do.

ecc0581d-6db4-4502-82ec-969d20f7f007.jpg?n=Elder-Scrolls_Highlight-Feature-1084_135098-3_1600x600.jpg

wozg3udy51wp.png

unussht0mj2r.png

So are you guys happy about this what are your thoughts?
Edited by Thevampirenight on February 7, 2020 7:21AM
PC NA
Please add Fangs to Vampires.

So are you guys happy Vampire Lords/Bloodscions are coming to Eso? 357 votes

Yes I'm happy about this.
42%
1mirgdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOCarespankerTheryltspecherb14_ESOBeolundSarousseScardyFoxstatic_rechargeNebthet78MitrengaMaximilianwsmith97ub17_ESOTanis-Stormbinderisimsiz755SaelentbellatrixedAhPook_Is_HereHavenDjennku 152 votes
No not happy about this.
19%
ImryllStxDracaneShadowHvoaubrey.baconb16_ESOMuizerGarpleyTX12001rwb17_ESOLivvyOmniDoNaftalMasterSpatulaleeuxEdaphonStreegadsalterIluvrienLylithRi_KhanEdziu 71 votes
Mixed
27%
Anthony_Arndtchuck-18_ESOPinesywenchmore420b14_ESOxaraanNemesis7884Aimoramartinhpb16_ESOAlienSlofDTStormfoxSoupDragonkillingspreeb16_ESOeklhaftb16_ESOkari-pekka.hamalaineneb17_ESOmadeeh91rwb17_ESOstarkerealmJiigenHopfmHidesFromSunSaubon 97 votes
Other
10%
Voryn_DagothDanikatidkNerouynAsysInaMoonlightgitch2VaranaKatahdinShadow_AkulaRaddlemanNumber7anadandybrimstone74barney2525JanTanhideSpacemanSpiff1Fur_like_snowTelvanniWizardShantuFinedaible 37 votes
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed
    I'll have to wait and see how zos implement it.
    I dont necessarily like the idea of there being a bunch of vampire lords running about, but I'm will to go with it if there is a good reason for the blood scion to be.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    Not a vampire guy. This whole year is going to be a slow one in ESO and out.
    Edited by Aptonoth on February 7, 2020 7:20AM
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesnt matter, i have no vamp alts and dont plan any.

But what makes you think there is going to be a female model ?
  • Garethjolnir
    Garethjolnir
    ✭✭✭✭
    To answer your question, yes, very. I can't wait
    Viele grüße aus Germany. Neu Heimat.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The selling point of Greymoor seems to be a heavy vampire year. Along with the return of the Vampire Lords themselves. One of the selling points but the transformation is actually being given to us base game. Possibly do to technical reasons. is the New Vampire Lord Ultimate which is going to be called Blood Scion that will be the new vampire ultimate come Greymoor.

We got a good idea of whats been released to us so far as to what the male version of the vampire lord looks like and it will likely look like this for the players too. Here are three pictures one is concept art for it I found on google for the statue. The colored in game looking model also found this on google. I don't if that is the final product or concept art for its in game look. And I posted the image of what they are showing off as the big bad for the chapter.
    Now we don't know what the female models look like but since Skyrim Vampire Lords had a female version and given the werewolf lord polymorph in Eso has female models. I think they will include an in game vampire lord female model. Hopefully they have plans for female blood scions since we are getting this from Mother Lamae herself. It seems they are promoting the male version of the vampire lord the most though. Hopefully they will release the female model art soon at some point. So we can see what they are doing on that front.
    Hopefully they could even include unique beast race versions of the vampire lord. Like they did with the werewolf lord model. But I doubt they are going to do that with them hopefully they do.

ecc0581d-6db4-4502-82ec-969d20f7f007.jpg?n=Elder-Scrolls_Highlight-Feature-1084_135098-3_1600x600.jpg

wozg3udy51wp.png

unussht0mj2r.png

So are you guys happy about this what are your thoughts?

Yup super happy, couldn't be better
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mague wrote: »

Because the Skyrim Vampire Lord had a Male and Female version of the form. Somewhat hoping they will add Unique beast race variants. I don't expect them to give us beast race variants but I do expect them to at least have a female version of the form. Since after all there was one in Skyrim.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 7, 2020 7:27AM
    PC NA
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    Lets say my fear was to be some magicka werewolf and guess that's how it will be implemented. Have no high hopes but will be nice to be wrong about it.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    Lets say my fear was to be some magicka werewolf and guess that's how it will be implemented. Have no high hopes but will be nice to be wrong about it.

Yep. Looks like reskinned werewolf lol.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But those wings need a redesign. Think DK wings ZOS.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If they do put it on a timer hopefully the timer will be off whenever you are in Coldhabour or the hunting grounds. Hopefully something like that could be put into place. If that is what they are doing. I do think vampire abilties will be usable outside the form. But I do think the vampire lord form you will only be able to use vampire abilties with it. Plus its unique claw slash attacks so it won't be fully like werewolf.
    PC NA
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed
    I would have loved if they just revamped (haha) the skill line without the transform mechanic (which is basically a WW like copy) and visuals(i look at you Vampire stage 4)
    But we don't have any information so I'm also excited what the changes may bring.
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    I'm worried Vamps, which already saturate the playerbase, are now going to get some pretty powerful new combat abilities that will make them even more frustrating. They're already bad enough mistforming all over the place.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Cactus_Back
    Cactus_Back
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty happy about it overall. Will be a great addition for one of my characters who I already role-play as an ancient vampire from Atmora.

That being said, where did that second render from the OP come from? That's the first time I see it. Looks like the model has a minotaur skeleton/animation (compare this) which I'm not sure what to think of yet.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty happy about it overall. Will be a great addition for one of my characters who I already role-play as an ancient vampire from Atmora.

That being said, where did that second render from the OP come from? That's the first time I see it. Looks like the model has a minotaur skeleton/animation (compare this) which I'm not sure what to think of yet.

Found it on Google images. I don't know maybe the devs released it somewhere.
    The vampire lord was also seen in the promo video they did when they were doing the greymoor live stream.
    nLQzdHA.png
    Not sure if its a player transformed or an npc vampire lord version of the form.

There is similarities so it might actually be the in game model. I have no idea on that one.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 7, 2020 8:26AM
    PC NA
  • Cactus_Back
    Cactus_Back
    ✭✭✭✭
    The vampire lord was also seen in the promo video they did when they were doing the greymoor live stream.
    Not sure if its a player transformed or an npc vampire lord version of the form.

There is similarities so it might actually be the in game model. I have no idea on that one.

I guess we'll have to wait for more screenshots or videos before making a judgement on that one. I sure hope they don't just recycle old animations just because it's a free base game feature.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I guess we'll have to wait for more screenshots or videos before making a judgement on that one. I sure hope they don't just recycle old animations just because it's a free base game feature.

They are using the wolf mount animations for the Death Hound Mount they might use another creature animnation or skeleton set they already have for the vampire lord. But I do think using sprint in the vampire lord form will take you up a couple of feet and levitating it off the ground have that cool flying animation it had in Skryim.e I do think they will try to be authentic to it as they can possibly be. So we will have to see how they do it. But they might reuse a skeleton model for it when it comes to their attacking animations.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 7, 2020 8:41AM
    PC NA
  • Thokri
    Thokri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed
    Vampire is already strong without hardly any negative sides (I mean more fire damage but that can be fixed with cp).

Although my dk loves killing all the vamps I would love him to able to get even more bonuses against blood-suckers.

I want sunlight damage or something that actually would make so that vamps would have both negative and positive sides unlike currently only getting as bonus damage (in form on extra regen).
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thokri wrote: »
    Vampire is already strong without hardly any negative sides (I mean more fire damage but that can be fixed with cp).

Although my dk loves killing all the vamps I would love him to able to get even more bonuses against blood-suckers.

I want sunlight damage or something that actually would make so that vamps would have both negative and positive sides unlike currently only getting as bonus damage (in form on extra regen).

Given vampires will have to feed to maintain their undeath, dark stalker passives and also supernatural recovery passives. Using to many of the abilties will likely take you back down to your weakest and more mortal state. Going by how they are doing the vampire changes this could even be enough of a annoyance some players might even drop the skill line. As they no longer have a free passive skill line that you don't have to do anything to maintain just starve yourself. This could balance it out in pvp situations.

This might be another reason for the change as well since they either have to feed get more power or use their abilties and lose that power over time as it reduces your power and makes your more thirsty. With the new changes they are doing the player base will have to upkeep their vampirism while before they didn't now they will have too after Greymoor goes live. Plus drinking the bloody maras might even replace whatever food buffs or drink buffs they are using for their builds and they will have to reapply them each time if they have a better food or drink then the bloody mara they have to drink to maintain their power. So it will have draw backs it won't be just vampires are all powerful they will have to feed to maintain their power.

Even if vampires are powerful in the next update. Its the passives that most people go for and without the ability to keep those up and spamming powerful new vampire abilties at the same time. Having to sacrifice some food and drink buffs or waste them so you can maintain the power in a Pvp Environment . The number of vampires might actually go down in Pvp.

I'm pretty much sure this might happen once Greymoor goes lives. While it might become more common place to see vampires in pve situations it might become less so in Cyrodiil Pvp. Though some might only use the abilties without feeding and gain no real benefit from many of the vampire passives when it comes to playing in pvp zones if they are using one or two for a build and nothing else from the skill line say like Mist form example. Others might stick with using bloody maras so they can maintain their vampirism in pvp situations. Or not use any vampire abilties at all and just use the passives like they do on live while keeping handy a stack of Bloody Mara.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 7, 2020 9:20AM
    PC NA
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed
    More interested in other iconic vamp powers than the transformation TBH.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Given vampires will have to feed to maintain their undeath, dark stalker passives and also supernatural recovery passives. Using to many of the abilties will likely take you back down to your weakest and more mortal state. Going by how they are doing the vampire changes this could even be enough of a annoyance some players might even drop the skill line. As they no longer have a free passive skill line that you don't have to do anything to maintain just starve yourself. This could balance it out in pvp situations.

This might be another reason for the change as well since they either have to feed get more power or use their abilties and lose that power over time as it reduces your power and makes your more thirsty. With the new changes they are doing the player base will have to upkeep their vampirism while before they didn't now they will have too after Greymoor goes live. Plus drinking the bloody maras might even replace whatever food buffs or drink buffs they are using for their builds and they will have to reapply them each time if they have a better food or drink then the bloody mara they have to drink to maintain their power. So it will have draw backs it won't be just vampires are all powerful they will have to feed to maintain their power.

Even if vampires are powerful in the next update. Its the passives that most people go for and without the ability to keep those up and spamming powerful new vampire abilties at the same time. Having to sacrifice some food and drink buffs or waste them so you can maintain the power in a Pvp Environment . The number of vampires might actually go down in Pvp.

I'm pretty much sure this might happen once Greymoor goes lives. While it might become more common place to see vampires in pve situations. I think it will become less so in Cyrodiil Pvp. Though some might only use the abilties without feeding still and gain no real benefit from many of the vampire passives when it comes to playing in pvp zones going into the new chapter update if they are using say Mist form for their builds. Others might stick with using bloody maras so they can maintain their vampirism in pvp situations. Or not use any vampire abilties at all and just use the passives like thy do on live while keeping handy a stack of Bloody Mara.

I don't think they'll tie ability usage to feeding TBH, as that would heavily limit the subclass however I could see them tying passives to it. Which is what I think they'll do. Thus making people who want it for the free passives get turned off
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »

I'm pretty much sure this might happen once Greymoor goes lives. While it might become more common place to see vampires in pve situations. I think it will become less so in Cyrodiil Pvp. Though some might only use the abilties without feeding still and gain no real benefit from many of the vampire passives when it comes to playing in pvp zones going into the new chapter update if they are using say Mist form for their builds. Others might stick with using bloody maras so they can maintain their vampirism in pvp situations. Or not use any vampire abilties at all and just use the passives like thy do on live while keeping handy a stack of Bloody Mara.

I don't think they'll tie ability usage to feeding TBH, as that would heavily limit the subclass however I could see them tying passives to it. Which is what I think they'll do. Thus making people who want it for the free passives get turned off

I was talking about the abilties making you more thirsty on live right. Right now if you use an ability like for example vampiric drain and your in stage two and just got to stage two. Each stage progresses by itself every six hours. With each use of a vampire ability 30 minutes gets taken off the 6 hour timer clock. Each cast giving you only so many uses till it takes you to stage three. With the new system you use vampiric drain it will still take 30 minutes off of the 6 hour clock but now it takes you back down to stage two instead of taking you to stage four. So you will go from stage three to stage two now under the greymoor changes and keep using the vampire abilties from there you will go back to stage one and back to your most mortal pretty look.

This is what I was referring too here casting the abilities will still switch your stage but instead will weaken you instead of making you grow stronger. They might remove this from the abilties but I don't know if they are going to do that they might have talked about doing that if I remember correctly. I hope they don't because well it gives incentive to feed. If they don't change that aspect of it pretty sure several people will be dropping in pvp. Players might actually complain about the abilties weakening them since they won't be able to keep their stage four up. Since using vampire abilties will take you down if you don't pay attention to stage one.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 7, 2020 9:44AM
    PC NA
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    If everyone’s a super powerful vampire overlord, then no one is special.

I thought there were about 3 of them in the whole of Skyrim.... now there will be 3 million of them clogging up everywhere.... like fat arsed Necro ultimates obscuring everyone’s vision of a fight.

• Slimebrow
    Slimebrow
    ✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    Again, I don't like the idea of a bunch of Vampire Lords running around. I just wanted to play a typical drudge Vampire. IMO Vampire Lords should be more of an NPC special thing. They could have come up with a better ultimate than a transformation...

Leave the transformations to WW.

Also the stubs coming out from its back have always put me off vampire lord...either turn them into proper wings or just don't bother. Like what purpose do they serve?
    Edited by Slimebrow on February 7, 2020 10:25AM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    If everyone’s a super powerful vampire overlord, then no one is special.

I thought there were about 3 of them in the whole of Skyrim.... now there will be 3 million of them clogging up everywhere.... like fat arsed Necro ultimates obscuring everyone’s vision of a fight.

I think it will depend on how good the ultimate is.
    If it isn't that great they might not even use it. So who knows what they are doing with it. We will have to wait and see.
    PC NA
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »

Because the Skyrim Vampire Lord had a Male and Female version of the form. Somewhat hoping they will add Unique beast race variants. I don't expect them to give us beast race variants but I do expect them to at least have a female version of the form. Since after all there was one in Skyrim.
    Hope for an beast version, the werewolf lord polymorph has an beast version.

Else it will be hard espesialy for Agonians loosing their heavy tail.
    Edited by zaria on February 7, 2020 10:10AM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mixed
    Never cared for it personally. I hate the stupid, scabby, pointless wings.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'm quite heavily invested in Vampires. The current functionality and aesthetics are absolutely central features of some of my characters. I don't want them broken.

Arbitrary game changes have broken some of my characters in the past. Changing Stam DK's to poison knights and taking the stealth and in-stealth damage bonus away from Bosmer completely screwed a couple of my characters already.

I guess I'll have to see what we're going to get given, but I'm not looking forward to it at all.
    PC EU
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    I think it's silly that everyone will become a vampire lord. A creature renowned for being rare and powerful.
    "Vampire Lords are considered to be the paragon of the species. They are typically pure-blooded vampires who have either received their vampirism through another pure-blooded vampire or Molag Bal himself"
    Edited by iiYuki on February 7, 2020 6:59PM
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    iiYuki wrote: »
    I think it's silly that everyone will become a vampire lord. A creature rebound for being rare and powerful.
    "Vampire Lords are considered to be the paragon of the species. They are typically pure-blooded vampires who have either received their vampirism through another pure-blooded vampire or Molag Bal himself"

The player does get their vampirism from a pureblooded vampire Lamae is the reason why the player can become a vampire so it will be received from her. This is also the reason they are going to explain why player vampires are going to able to take on the form. So they pretty much got that covered.. The Pure blooded bit at least.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 7, 2020 10:51AM
    PC NA
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah baby, very hyped
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."