Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So are you guys happy Vampire Lords/Bloodscions are coming to Eso?

• Slimebrow
    Slimebrow
    ✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    iiYuki wrote: »
    I think it's silly that everyone will become a vampire lord. A creature rebound for being rare and powerful.
    "Vampire Lords are considered to be the paragon of the species. They are typically pure-blooded vampires who have either received their vampirism through another pure-blooded vampire or Molag Bal himself"

The player does get their vampirism from a pureblooded vampire Lamae is the reason why the player can become a vampire so it will be received from her. This is also the reason they are going to explain why player vampires are going to able to take on the form.

True...but she also says that the the more her strain spreads the more powerful she gets, so I could say she maybe isn't that powerful enough yet to be a "Vampire Lord" until her strain is spread more throughout Tamriel ? Considering the timeline is set in quite early, IMO it wouldn't make much sense. I would think Lamae would become more powerful over time sorta deal.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes I'm happy about this.
    Flubbles wrote: »
    I think it's silly that everyone will become a vampire lord. A creature rebound for being rare and powerful.
    "Vampire Lords are considered to be the paragon of the species. They are typically pure-blooded vampires who have either received their vampirism through another pure-blooded vampire or Molag Bal himself"

The player does get their vampirism from a pureblooded vampire Lamae is the reason why the player can become a vampire so it will be received from her. This is also the reason they are going to explain why player vampires are going to able to take on the form.

True...but she also says that the the more her strain spreads the more powerful she gets, so I could say she maybe isn't that powerful enough yet to be a "Vampire Lord" until her strain is spread more throughout Tamriel ? Considering the timeline is set in quite early, IMO it wouldn't make much sense. I would think Lamae would become more powerful over time sorta deal.

Its augmenting her power sure and even without all those vampires augmenting her power. Lamae would still be very powerful if not the most powerful of vampires already because of two factors. One shes a Daughter of Coldhabour, Two she is also the first vampire. Given how common the strain is during this era she would likely be at the peak of being one of most powerful vampires in all of Tamriel right now.

She is our introduction to Vampirism so we might never know how truly powerful she is. I really doubt they would ever make it so we have to kill her and we won't because of her role for the vampire quest.
    I'm sure of one thing about her she is powerful and those that underestimate this and cross her die to regret it and likely never make it out alive. The reason why I said Die to regret it instead of live because she could be that deadly of a foe.

I think it would take at least a divine artifact such as Auriel's Bow or the Divine Crusaders relics at least to take her down.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 7, 2020 11:28AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    Back when I used to run a buff tracker add-on I was always amazed how many players were vamps or ww. From what I saw, it was easily the majority. Something doesn't seem right about that to me as far as balance goes and lore-wise. Of course maybe if they hadn't nerfed the hell out of everyone's resource sustain when Morrowind came out, it wouldn't be like this. Either way I'm not in the least interested in a cringe-tastic rehash of a Skyrim DLC.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.

Its augmenting her power sure and even without all those vampires augmenting her power. Lamae would still be very powerful if not the most powerful of vampires already because of two factors. One shes a Daughter of Coldhabour, Two she is also the first vampire. Given how common the strain is during this era she would likely be at the peak of being one of most powerful vampires in all of Tamriel right now.

She is our introduction to Vampirism so we might never know how truly powerful she is. I really doubt they would ever make it so we have to kill her and we won't because of her role for the vampire quest.
    I'm sure of one thing about her she is powerful and those that underestimate this and cross her die to regret it and likely never make it out alive. The reason why I said Die to regret it instead of live because she could be that deadly of a foe.

I think it would take at least a divine artifact such as Auriel's Bow or the Divine Crusaders relics at least to take her down.

Again being the first does not mean jacks***

Miraak was the First Dragonborn and was not as powerful as the Last Dragonborn.

Why would Vampires be any different? if anything Lamae Bal's clan is less evolved then succeeding clans.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    No.

For one, everyone running around as vampire lords is just lore breaking and while ZOS might twist things to explain how this is suddenly possible, it doesn't change the fact that it shouldn't be. Not mention thanks to this twisting of lore to make it possible, every vampire RPer and their brother will now be an oh so powerful vampire lord that still hangs out at the local tavern every night just cause that's what vampire lords do after all

Also I have serious concerns that having the vampire lord form will make them modify all the passives and benefits around that (like WW) instead of the constant passive bonuses/debuffs we get now. And while it will be most likely be OP at first to get everyone to use it so they can claim success, I fear it will eventually go the path of WW and well be left with an empty shell of what vampirism used to be about.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    Did whoever design that statue just look at a frontal picture of a Skyrim Vampire Lord without actually checking the creature out ingame?

The whole spine part is missing from the collar, there is no cape so your left with an empty crown and the robe is missing the backpart, they could of at least given you different armor and not a half-baked attempt at what Lord Harkon wears, it is not like you shop at the same clothing store as him, something like a ragged robe around the waist would be perfect so you do not look like a male stripper.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on February 7, 2020 11:51AM
  • Slimebrow
    Slimebrow
    ✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    Did whoever design that statue just look at a frontal picture of a Skyrim Vampire Lord without actually checking the creature out ingame?

The whole spine part is missing from the collar, there is no cape so your left with an empty crown and the robe is missing the backpart, they could of at least given you different armor and not a half-baked attempt at what Lord Harkon wears, it is not like you shop at the same clothing store as him, something like a ragged robe around the waist would be perfect so you do not look like a male stripper.

Yeah also the reason why I hate it soo much. Were does all that gold come from? :l
    Edited by Slimebrow on February 7, 2020 12:07PM
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    We'll see. I wasn't a big fan of vampire lord in Skyrim but maybe they'll implement it in a fun way here.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why would Vampires be any different? if anything Lamae Bal's clan is less evolved then succeeding clans.

Miraak could do stuff the dragonborn couldn't do.
    One he could enslave an entire island and even your character as you slept. Only to wake up working on his project to free himself.
    Two he had powerful versions of the shouts like being able to steal the souls of the dragons not even having to kill them first by mundane means he could just shout and kill them instantly to heal himself from what I can remember. He was leagues above the Last Dragonborn in terms of knowledge and could even come to Tamriel for a limited time just to steal souls from the Last Dragonborn.

Last Dragonborn was a Prisoner hero and Prisoner heroes are not bound to the same rules and thus was able to beat him it was also what allowed the Last Dragonborn to Defeat Alduin. A prisoner hero if they have the right tools can in fact beat anything just like the Vestige was able to beat Molag Bal. But does not mean they don't need the tools needed to do so. To reach Miraak Required a Shout. But if it was any other Dragonborn they couldn't have likely beaten him. That is because it requires a prisoner hero to do that.

Harkon, point of the dawnguard dlc was to stop a prophecy or make it come true in your own way. Auriels bow was also a very important tool needed to even defeat him. Give it to him its almost like a mission impossible fight as the bow is needed to kill his regen damage immunity shield at the alter of Molag Bal that restores him to full health. Auriels bow a divine weapon was vital in his defeat without it the Dragon Born most likely would have failed to defeat him.

Now Imagine the First Vampire the first Daughter of Coldhabour at her full power. I'd say that she would require at least nothing more then the Divine Crusader relics, Auriels Bow or The Amulet of Kings here is why.
    The Divine Crusader relics were needed to defeat the big bad of Oblivion's Knights of the Nine they are relics made by the divines themselves. Each relic offers not only divine protection but also allowed the Hero of Kvatch to stand against a Demigod like Figure named Umaril who was half elf and half Divine. Going by his lore the hero couldn't have been able to beat him without them and he/she was also a prisoner hero who also couldn't defeat Jyggalag without the mantle of madness.

One way or another foes these powerful needs something have a requirement of something in order to beat. To defeat Harkon you needed to have the Bow of Auriel. To Defeat Miraak required you to be Dragonborn. To Defeat Alduin required a Shout that brought Dragons down to the Ground.
    To Defeat Umaril the Unfeathered you had to have the Divine Crusader Relics.
    To Defeat Jyggalag you had to take up the Mantle of Sheogorath.
    To Defeat Dagoth Ur you had to have the tools and use them on the Heart.

So yeah I'm sure you would have to have something to defeat something like the First vampire as that would be an epic level boss on levels with Alduin, Harkon, Miraak, Umaril, Jyggalag, Dagoth Ur. Can't just use a weak fire spell or anything you use on trash mobs. No you have to have a weapon or armor or something else to withstand and defeat Lamae that I'm sure of it oh and be prisoner hero. If your a hero without being a prisoner first you are likely to fail against such a foe.
    So yeah you might not understand why I think she is so powerful or why I don't see her as weak. But given the requirements to defeat even a pureblooded Vampire like Harkon. I'd say it would require nothing less then a powerful divine artifact to defeat her.

Edited by Thevampirenight on February 7, 2020 12:50PM
    PC NA
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    We'll see. I wasn't a big fan of vampire lord in Skyrim but maybe they'll implement it in a fun way here.

Hopefully it will be introduced in a fun way and in a way players can enjoy. 🧛 :)
    PC NA
  • Uvi_AUT
    Uvi_AUT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I wont be rolling a Vampire as long as they dont get the ability to sparkle when in direct sunlight.
    Registered since 2014, Customer Service lost my Forum-Account and can't find it.....
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    x48rph wrote: »
    No.

For one, everyone running around as vampire lords is just lore breaking and while ZOS might twist things to explain how this is suddenly possible, it doesn't change the fact that it shouldn't be. Not mention thanks to this twisting of lore to make it possible, every vampire RPer and their brother will now be an oh so powerful vampire lord that still hangs out at the local tavern every night just cause that's what vampire lords do after all

Also I have serious concerns that having the vampire lord form will make them modify all the passives and benefits around that (like WW) instead of the constant passive bonuses/debuffs we get now. And while it will be most likely be OP at first to get everyone to use it so they can claim success, I fear it will eventually go the path of WW and well be left with an empty shell of what vampirism used to be about.

They are not working the passives to work only in Vampire Lord form. From what I know they are not doing that. Will have to feed to benefit from the passives but that is about all. So that will be the only change. Vampire lord will be one ultimate but there will be three other new vampire abilties. So the Vampire lord will likely be independent of those but those abilties work in that form.
    So there will still be constant passive bonuses/debuffs if your well fed. They are not reworking them to work only in the Vampire lord form. Other then reversing how it works it will remain the same as it is now I believe.
    PC NA
  • Uvi_AUT
    Uvi_AUT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    FierceSam wrote: »
    If everyone’s a super powerful vampire overlord, then no one is special.

I thought there were about 3 of them in the whole of Skyrim.... now there will be 3 million of them clogging up everywhere.... like fat arsed Necro ultimates obscuring everyone’s vision of a fight.

You do realize we have about 5 Million Archmages of the Mages Guild? And about as many leaders of the Thieves Guild, Fighters Guild and Dark Brotherhood?
    Registered since 2014, Customer Service lost my Forum-Account and can't find it.....
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.

One he could enslave an entire island and even your character as you slept. Only to wake up working on his project to free himself.
    Two he had powerful versions of the shouts like being able to steal the souls of the dragons not even having to kill them first by mundane means he could just shout and kill them instantly to heal himself from what I can remember. He was leagues above the Last Dragonborn in terms of knowledge and could even come to Tamriel for a limited time just to steal souls from the Last Dragonborn.

Last Dragonborn was a Prisoner hero and Prisoner heroes are not bound to the same rules and thus was able to beat him it was also what allowed the Last Dragonborn to Defeat Alduin. A prisoner hero if they have the right tools can in fact beat anything just like the Vestige was able to beat Molag Bal. But does not mean they don't need the tools needed to do so. To reach Miraak Required a Shout. But if it was any other Dragonborn they couldn't have likely beaten him. That is because it requires a prisoner hero to do that.

Harkon, point of the dawnguard dlc was to stop a prophecy or make it come true in your own way. Auriels bow was also a very important tool needed to even defeat him. Give it to him its almost like a mission impossible fight as the bow is needed to kill his regen damage immunity shield at the alter of Molag Bal that restores him to full health. Auriels bow a divine weapon was vital in his defeat without it the Dragon Born most likely would have failed to defeat him.

Now Imagine the First Vampire the first Daughter of Coldhabour at her full power. I'd say that she would require at least nothing more then the Divine Crusader relics, Auriels Bow or The Amulet of Kings here is why.
    The Divine Crusader relics were needed to defeat the big bad of Oblivion's Knights of the Nine they are relics made by the divines themselves. Each relic offers not only divine protection but also allowed the Hero of Kvatch to stand against a Demigod like Figure named Umaril who was half elf and half Divine. Going by his lore the hero couldn't have been able to beat him without them and he/she was also a prisoner hero who also couldn't defeat Jyggalag without the mantle of madness.

One way or another foes these powerful needs something have a requirement of something in order to beat. To defeat Harkon you needed to have the Bow of Auriel. To Defeat Miraak required you to be Dragonborn. To Defeat Alduin required a Shout that brought Dragons down to the Ground.

So yeah I'm sure you would have to have something to defeat something like the First vampire as that would be an epic level boss on levels with Alduin, Harkon, Miraak, Umaril, Jyggalag, Dagoth Ur. Can't just use a weak fire spell or anything you use on trash mobs. No you have to have a weapon or armor or something else to withstand and defeat Lamae that I'm sure of it oh and be prisoner hero. If your a hero without being a prisoner first you are likely to fail against such a foe.
    So yeah you might not understand why I think she is so powerful or why I don't see her as weak. But given the requirements to defeat even a pureblooded Vampire like Harkon. I'd say it would require nothing less then a powerful divine artifact to defeat her.

Here is what you fail to realize, in most settings yes the original Vampire is the strongest however in most settings there is also a single Vampire that all Vampires descend from which is why the original is the strongest, in World of Darkness it is Caine for instance, in many others it is Dracula, all Vampires descend from them, in the Elder Scrolls however there are several "Original" Vampires, neither Harkon or Verandis descend from Lamae, there is ZERO reason for her to be stronger, her Vampirism is not more pure then theirs, what makes her so special compared to them?Because she is iconic or infamous due to being the first? that would not mean [snip] when it comes to power.

And no you would not need the Amulet of Kings to beat her, she is not a God, she is a Vampire, not even Mannimarco needs some divine weapon to kill, why would she? or do you think she is more powerful then the most powerful Lich that has ever walked Tamriel?

[Edit for minor profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on February 13, 2020 5:49PM
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets say my fear was to be some magicka werewolf and guess that's how it will be implemented. Have no high hopes but will be nice to be wrong about it.

Yep. Looks like reskinned werewolf lol.

I think it will be more like Overload/Bone Goliath mixed together, in the sense that you can use other non-weapon abilities besides vampire ones, but it will change your light and heavy attacks (like Overload, hopefully with more fluidity), and what your character looks like, with other buff/debuff effects (like Bone Goliath. Not necessarily similar buffs/debuffs)

You'll probably have a buff/cost reduction to your vampire abilities while in Vampire Lord form, however, to further encourage using them while in form.

The reason I think this is because if it were like Werewolf where you can only use the abilities given to you in that form, they would either need to make another 5 abilities on top of the abilities they already have + are making for vampire, or, the abilities they make would need to be balanced around the concept of those abilities only being able to be used (in vampire lord form) as well as being able to be used alongside other abilities (when outside of Vampire Lord form), both options which would be a lot more trouble than just balancing them around being able to be used at any time like normal abilities, just with a nice buff when in vampire lord form.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very. Vampire has been the most neglected line since its creation, its about time, people that are unhappy with it clearly dont realize how much vampirism is part of TES lore.
  • gamergirldk
    gamergirldk
    ✭✭✭✭
    yup very happy. Hope we finally get some good skills not just passives, ppl use it for now
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    Doesnt matter, i have no vamp alts and dont plan any.

But what makes you think there is going to be a female model ?

There better be a female model, lol, thatd be pretty messed up if there wasnt. With werewolves its one thing cuz there isnt much diff in wolf anatomy except for sex organs, but no one has those in ESO. Everyone female toon has boobs tho.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Hm, I don't really mind this one way or the other. Vampire-related content doesn't interest me very much, to be honest. I'm looking forward to having more territory to explore, though.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    I'd have voted no if this were before the stream, as it would be theory.

But the vampires are coming now no matter our opinions. So player feelings are irrelevant at this point.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    I have no interest is another transformation skill.

The whole vampire lord is cringey AF. It'll be OP for a bit and then get nerfed into a niche/RP thing like werewolves.
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    No, I'm not thrilled about a legendary and mythical creature being turned into a common minion that is weak, and dies as easily as the common person.

It would've been the same case if Dragons were playable, at least those take a sizeable amount to take down efficiently. But vampire lords? Lol, forever ruined once given to players in an MMO.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Here is what you fail to realize, in most settings yes the original Vampire is the strongest however in most settings there is also a single Vampire that all Vampires descend from which is why the original is the strongest, in World of Darkness it is Caine for instance, in many others it is Dracula, all Vampires descend from them, in the Elder Scrolls however there are several "Original" Vampires, neither Harkon or Verandis descend from Lamae, there is ZERO reason for her to be stronger, her Vampirism is not more pure then theirs, what makes her so special compared to them?Because she is iconic or infamous due to being the first? that would not mean sh** when it comes to power.

And no you would not need the Amulet of Kings to beat her, she is not a God, she is a Vampire, not even Mannimarco needs some divine weapon to kill, why would she? or do you think she is more powerful then the most powerful Lich that has ever walked Tamriel?

She is special in the same way this woman is special to the Dark Brotherhood https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Night_Mother. Lamae is the the Original and also the First Vampire. Harkon is just a copy that Molag Bal made.

Yes Molag Bal created others but they had to prove themselves to him and show their power. Serana mentions this Harkon might be an exception and his Family in Terms of granting very Powerful Vampirism but I don't think Molag Bal makes the effort to grant that much power to a vampires he directly turns. Unless its something really worth his while like the souls and Sacrifices made to him that other vampires wannabes might not be willing to do I don't Verandis did what Harkon did for example I bet he went through it how Serana and her Mother went through it he did after all call him Master since clearly he didn't discriminate against Vivec.

Lamae was created to stick it to a divine. Others did it for immortality or sometimes power. But mainly Immortality. In terms of Power Harkon might be the second most powerful vampire out there. But Lamae I think is still the most powerful because of the symbolic creation that made her a vampire and her status symbol as the first vampire plays a part too.

Given she will be powerful enough to give players vampire lord form should be enough to show how powerful she really is. I still think she would be superior to Harkon but Harkon would in turn would be leagues above other vampire strains like the Order Strain of Cyrodiil. We might never know for sure on it. But it still makes sense Lamae would be the most powerful. While Harkon given how powerful he was might be at least second most powerful unless hes weaker then another Vampire lord we don't know about yet.

Edited by Thevampirenight on February 7, 2020 2:32PM
    PC NA
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    Not interested in vamps or weres; never play them or necromancers. Ick. Not going to be a "bad" year though - I'll just play as I normally do, and wait until the chapter is free next year before doing my explore/grab skyshards thing.
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.

Given she will be powerful enough to give players vampire lord form should be enough to show how powerful she really is. I still think she would be superior to Harkon but Harkon would in turn would be leagues above other vampire strains like the Order Strain of Cyrodiil. We might never know for sure on it. But it still makes sense Lamae would be the most powerful.

Everything in your post is pure conjecture.

You idolize Lamae Bal despite her not doing anything. I find that remarkably odd.

There is no proof, evidence or even suggestions that Lamae Bal is more powerful than any other pure-blooded vampire, in particular vampires whom we've seen first hand capable of far greater feats, than anything we've seen of Lamae Bal.

You think she is more powerful than Harkon, Serana and Valerica. But that is your theory, which there is no evidence or suggestions in favor of.

I'm not continuing this debate in yet another thread, until you've actually provided any sizeable amount of evidence to your claims, which I know that you cannot, because it doesn't exist in Elder Scrolls setting.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.

Here is what you fail to realize, in most settings yes the original Vampire is the strongest however in most settings there is also a single Vampire that all Vampires descend from which is why the original is the strongest, in World of Darkness it is Caine for instance, in many others it is Dracula, all Vampires descend from them, in the Elder Scrolls however there are several "Original" Vampires, neither Harkon or Verandis descend from Lamae, there is ZERO reason for her to be stronger, her Vampirism is not more pure then theirs, what makes her so special compared to them?Because she is iconic or infamous due to being the first? that would not mean sh** when it comes to power.

She is special in the same way this woman is special to the Dark Brotherhood https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Night_Mother. Lamae is the the Original and also the First Vampire. Harkon is just a copy that Molag Bal made.

Yes Molag Bal created others but they had to prove themselves to him and show their power Serana mentions this Harkon might be an exception and his Family in Terms of granting very Powerful Vampirism but I don't think Molag Bal makes the effort to grant that much power to a vampires he directly turns. That unless its something really worth his while.
    Lamae was created to stick it to a divine. Others did it for immortality or sometimes power. But mainly Immortality. In terms of Power Harkon might be the second most powerful vampire out there. But Lamae I think is still the most powerful because of the symbolic creation and her status symbol as the first vampire.

Given she will be powerful enough to give players vampire lord form should be enough to show how powerful she really is. I still think she would be superior to Harkon but Harkon would in turn would be leagues above other vampire strains like the Order Strain of Cyrodiil. We might never know for sure on it. But it still makes sense Lamae would be the most powerful.

The Nightmother is not an Assassin, she is literally a corpse that speaks with Sithis, I do not see how you could possibly make a connection, it sounds like your starting to make excuses and symbolic Creation does not give you the knowledge to cast a certain spell, what part of that escapes you?

BTW when last did you do the Vampire quest?

She does not even turn you into a Vampire, you get infected by a Bloodfiend/Player, then you profane the Shrines of Arkay and Molag Bal and then 4 Vampires drain you at the same time and then you become a Vampire, she only appears after you have transformed, there is a reason for why we should not have the form, only first or second generation Vampires should have it we are neither.

All she does is tell you to submit to her in the Black Pool which is not her Blood, Vampire Blood is not Black, the poster above is right, all you do is idolize her despite her showing zero evidence that she is even as strong as any other pure-blooded Vampires, there is no evidence that she even knows any spells, she could be a melee fighter for all we know, hell she is probably not even a fighter at all.

Now Lord Harkon as stated by Valerica has had hundreds of people try to slay him and that was in the time she was with him and remember she had been in the Soul Cairn for a millennia so it is possible Harkon has slain hundreds upon hundreds of would be Vampire slayers over thousands of years and had never once been defeated., now that is a feat, he was a King and if it is symbology you seek then what is more symbolic then a King fearing mortality and making a deal for eternal life that led to the Sacrifice of 1000 souls to what is essentially the TES version of the Devil?
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on February 7, 2020 2:44PM
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted for I'm happy about this but its' more along the lines of its something new and different. I enjoyed the year of the Dragon, so I hope this next chapter is just as good.
    ~ Cheers
  • Irfind
    Irfind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed
    Thannazzar wrote: »
    More interested in other iconic vamp powers than the transformation TBH.

^this B)
    PC EU no CP PVP
    EP Irfind - Stam NB Dunmer
    EP Iswind - Mag Warden Dunmer
    EP Ko'runa Silberklaue - Mag Temp Khajiit
    EP Eldrid Hagal - Mag DK Dunmer
    EP Feyne R'is - Stam Sorc Dunmer ...with Bow
    EP Wynn Loraethaine - Mag NB Dunmer
    AD Runare Loraethaine - Stam Sorc Altmer
    AD Skadi Hagal - Stam DK Khajiit
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »

Everything in your post is pure conjecture.

You idolize Lamae Bal despite her not doing anything. I find that remarkably odd.

There is no proof, evidence or even suggestions that Lamae Bal is more powerful than any other pure-blooded vampire, in particular vampires whom we've seen first hand capable of far greater feats, than anything we've seen of Lamae Bal.

You think she is more powerful than Harkon, Serana and Valerica. But that is your theory, which there is no evidence or suggestions in favor of.

I'm not continuing this debate in yet another thread, until you've actually provided any sizeable amount of evidence to your claims, which I know that you cannot, because it doesn't exist in Elder Scrolls setting.

I don't, but I also can't see how a man that is at best maybe second to Lamae can be more powerful either. Just because he had power hungry issues and was a complete mad man that wanted to destroy the sun can be more powerful then the first ever vampire that to me doesn't make sense. Not only is she is the first but she is acknowledged by the Cyrodiil Vampires that might not even be of her own bloodline.

Yes Molag Bal created others but they had to prove themselves to him and show their power Serana mentions this Harkon might be an exception and his Family in Terms of granting very Powerful Vampirism but I don't think Molag Bal makes the effort to grant that much power to a vampires he directly turns. That unless its something really worth his while.
    Lamae was created to stick it to a divine. Others did it for immortality or sometimes power. But mainly Immortality. In terms of Power Harkon might be the second most powerful vampire out there. But Lamae I think is still the most powerful because of the symbolic creation and her status symbol as the first vampire.

The Nightmother is not an Assassin, she is literally a corpse that speaks with Sithis, I do not see how you could possibly make a connection, it sounds like your starting to make excuses and symbolic Creation does not give you the knowledge to cast a certain spell, what part of that escapes you?

BTW when last did you do the Vampire quest?

She does not turn you into a Vampire, you get infected by a Bloodfiend/Player, then you profane the Shrines of Arkay and Molag Bal and then 4 Vampires drain you at the same time and then you become a Vampire, she only appears after you have transformed.

The Nightmother isn't the only Nightmother of the Guild but is the only one worshiped or idolized by many of the Members. Just as Lamae is above all Pure blooded vampires because she is the first and it plays in their religion. You don't see Serana and Family mentioned in this book for example Manifesto_Cyrodiil_Vampyrum. For sure given the clan differences from Lamae's Official bloodline shown in Eso she might not be behind the Cyrodiil Order vampire but she is acknowledged as being the reason why all vampires exist for she was brought forth to spite Arkay.
    Just as the Nightmother was the reason why the Dark Brotherhood exists and is the Mother and Founder of the Dark Brotherhood. Molag Bal and what he did to Lamae are the reason why all vampires exist and that is part of their religion. Just as the Night Mother is to the Dark Brotherhoods Religion Lamae is to the Vampire Religion. Molag Bal is honored for bringing forth the Blood Matron and is worshiped as if she is the sole reason why they exist.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Manifesto_Cyrodiil_Vampyrum

To Kin-father Molag Bal, who brought forth the Bloodmatron Lamae to spite Arkay, we owe our existence, as do all vampires, though not all honor Him. For him we revel in the feast, and acknowledge the gift adrift in our veins

Also the vampire quest I did last night and she does give you her blood the lore acknowledges this if you watched her do that thing with her hands and then red going all around you that was her transferring her own essence into you. This is right after the four vampires drain you. Then after that she says shes I offer you a gift and then sends you after the Cultists in the crypt.

Edited by Thevampirenight on February 7, 2020 3:09PM
    PC NA
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Irfind wrote: »
    Thannazzar wrote: »
    More interested in other iconic vamp powers than the transformation TBH.

^this B)

Well Vampire lord might be the most iconic Elder scrolls ability but the others are something I'm looking forward to seeing as well. I hope we get that bat teleport thing seen in the Trailer. And the Memorize ability is also of most interest makes me wonder if we will get a summon gargoyle ability since that was one thing the vampire lord was able to do but I think that might be more like the Necromancer Summon only lasts for so long.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 7, 2020 3:11PM
    PC NA