Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So are you guys happy Vampire Lords/Bloodscions are coming to Eso?

• DarknDarker
    DarknDarker
    ✭✭✭
    if the blood scions truly turn out to be just vamp lord but with a new name, thats a slap in the face of lore , and vampire lords. they NEED to be visually distinct, enough so that you can, at a glance, be like "Yea, thats a Blood Scion, not a Vampire Lord" sadly, they're gonna half-ass it and just give it a new name, im sure
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes I'm happy about this.
    if the blood scions truly turn out to be just vamp lord but with a new name, thats a slap in the face of lore , and vampire lords. they NEED to be visually distinct, enough so that you can, at a glance, be like "Yea, thats a Blood Scion, not a Vampire Lord" sadly, they're gonna half-ass it and just give it a new name, im sure

Nope, the lore checks out. It wouldn't be a slap in the face to anything, sorry to say.

Considering we're literally turned by the very first vampire and we go through a whole ritual as many people have already explained in this thread.
  • devaneiosonho
    devaneiosonho
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen anyone talking about it in this thread, so I'm doing it. At some point during or after the ritual (I don't remember exactly), you receive a copy of Rite of the Scion. Here's what it says:

What is the Rite of the Scion?
    A ceremony wherein a mortal inflicted with vampiris is accepted by the Blood Matron. This mortal obtains her blood and her favor, becoming a Scion.

What is involved in the ceremony?
    A mortal is presented to the Blood Matron by a Scion. The mortal shall take the name Initiate, and the Scion shall take the name of Bloodspeaker.

The Bloodspeaker must first prepare the accursed symbols of Arkay and Molag Bal. Thereafter, the Initiate drinks from the basin of suffering and the basin of loss and learns the history of Lamae Bal. Then, the Initiate profanes the symbols. Once this is done, the Initiate submits to the Blood Matron and is exsanguinated completely. Should the Blood Matron deem the Initiate worthy, she will revive them with her own blood.

What separates a Scion from a mere vampire?
    A vampire is a victim. They are poor creatures suffering from a disease. Scions are blessed by the Blood Matron directly. More potent is their blood. More terrible is their wrath. More beautiful is their visage.

Vampires are their flock, mortals their fare.

Whom does the Scion serve?
    The Scion, child of the Blood Matron, bows to no one. The Mother has broken their bonds. To serve is their choice, but the Mother would see Her children unite and turn their opponents into subjects.

What is the Covenant of the Scion?
    Arkay the Forsaker, we curse you. You left us to suffer in darkness.
    But we survived. And in darkness, we grew.
    Now, we feed upon your followers. We will use their stolen strength to conquer and consume you.
    Molag Bal, Father of Torment, we curse you. You sought to poison us with your blood.
    But we survived. And from your poison, we grew.
    King of Corruption, your children are coming. We will defile and destroy you.
    We step away from the light. We sacrifice the frailty of breath.
    From the dead blood of our Mother, we live unburdened. Her curse is our blessing. Her fury, our grace.

The game just told what happened, so there's no real point arguing over it.
    Edited by devaneiosonho on February 8, 2020 2:41AM
  • DarknDarker
    DarknDarker
    ✭✭✭

Nope, the lore checks out. It wouldn't be a slap in the face to anything, sorry to say.

Considering we're literally turned by the very first vampire and we go through a whole ritual as many people have already explained in this thread.

then why bother changing the name at that point? if all they're doing is chaning the name, it IS a slap in the face. and frankly that lazy as hell too. only way to explain that is by saying in setting that its a poor mimicry of a vampire lord that lacks the real power that v. lords get.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    Noxavian wrote: »

If you're confused by that idk what to tell you.

It's a pretty simple statement with sound logic.

I'm not confused, it's just not logical. She is not the one we got the disease from. They might as well just have done a quest then to become vampires and Lamae is the one that does the biting, instead of having bloodfiends/players.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't seen anyone talk about it in this thread, so I'm doing it. At some point during or after the ritual (I don't remember exactly), you receive one copy of Rite of the Scion. Here's what it says:

A ceremony wherein a mortal inflicted with vampiris is accepted by the Blood Matron. This mortal obtains her blood and her favor, becoming a Scion.

A mortal is presented to the Blood Matron by a Scion. The mortal shall take the name Initiate, and the Scion shall take the name of Bloodspeaker.

The Bloodspeaker must first prepare the accursed symbols of Arkay and Molag Bal. Thereafter, the Initiate drinks from the basin of suffering and the basin of loss and learns the history of Lamae Bal. Then, the Initiate profanes the symbols. Once this is done, the Initiate submits to the Blood Matron and is exsanguinated completely. Should the Blood Matron deem the Initiate worthy, she will revive them with her own blood.

A vampire is a victim. They are poor creatures suffering from a disease. Scions are blessed by the Blood Matron directly. More potent is their blood. More terrible is their wrath. More beautiful is their visage.

The Scion, child of the Blood Matron, bows to no one. The Mother has broken their bonds. To serve is their choice, but the Mother would see Her children unite and turn their opponents into subjects.

Now, we feed upon your followers. We will use their stolen strength to conquer and consume you.
    Molag Bal, Father of Torment, we curse you. You sought to poison us with your blood.
    From the dead blood of our Mother, we live unburdened. Her curse is our blessing. Her fury, our grace.

All of this and yet people are still struggling to comprehend the fact that we were turned by the Blood Matron herself and therefore are blood scions.

And therefore blood scions are more rare than vamp lords or at least on the same level.

It's truly entertaining to see how people can't grasp this
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    I haven't seen anyone talk about it in this thread, so I'm doing it. At some point during or after the ritual (I don't remember exactly), you receive one copy of Rite of the Scion. Here's what it says:

*snip*

Now that's a proper and good lore explanation :) . Think I must have missed receiving that book, since the quest doesn't really make it that clear what actually happens to you.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on February 8, 2020 12:31AM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extremely happy about it. Vampire lord transformation is one of the main reasons I go back to skyrim so often. Now with it in eso I can kiss skyrim and the immensely annoying 0kb save bug goodbye.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m very happy about this I love playing a vampire and finally we get the right feeding animation to 🙂
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    What people don't understand about the Vestige is they are a immortal anuic daedric like being. A Soul Shriven a daedra but the vestige has anuic properties that allows him/her to instantly reform at wayshrines. Because of their quasi immortal status. They can get the vampires and werewolf diseases but they cannot and I repeat cannot became a vampire or lycanthrope normally the immortal body fights it. Preventing it from happening. So body is at war with itself. Now for vampirism and lycanthropy to take hold with the vestige they have to go to a pure source that can complete it.

This is why the vestige has to go to Lamae to become a vampire and Hircine to become a werewolf. For the vestige to become a vampire fully they have to receive the blood of Lamae. This isn't optional its a requirement because its the only way the Vestige can become a vampire. Same deal with Werewolves they have to go to Hircine and only he can finish off the Vestiges transformation into a werewolf. Given Molag Bal the Father of Vampires status as the main big bad of the Base game. They don't have you go to him for it for obvious reasons. So they have us go to the Mother of Vampires.

Without Lamae the only other way the vestige can be a vampire is to go to other pure blooded vampire's such as Harkon, Serana and Valerica as they would be the only other powerful pure blooded vampires able to do it and also Verendis would likely refuse you outright.
    Since he refused to turn the Barons wife which played a big role in the whole Rivenspire Questline. With out any pure blooded vampires around only other way is Molag bal and well given what the vestige is to him he would just take you back to Coldhabour and place you back into chains or even take you to his personal house to personally torment for all time you for the trouble you caused him. So the vestige can't go to him for help with it for that very reason
    Without any pure blooded vampires or even Molag Bal to do it then the vestige just cannot become a vampire.

Because Lamae gave the vestige her blood she completed the vestiges transformation and because of this the vestige is a pure blooded vampire. Because of the nature of the soul shriven, they can only receive pure blooded vampirism and can't receive any other form of it. As such all Vestige Vampires are also Pure Blooded Vampires.

Are you aware that the ability for you to respawn post-main quest is just a game mechanic, quests such as those that take place within the Clockwork City very much confirm the Vestige is mortal.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    iiYuki wrote: »
    I think it's silly that everyone will become a vampire lord. A creature renowned for being rare and powerful.
    "Vampire Lords are considered to be the paragon of the species. They are typically pure-blooded vampires who have either received their vampirism through another pure-blooded vampire or Molag Bal himself"

Oh yeah, meanwhile we're converted by the strongest vampire to ever live. The first ever vampire herself.

There is no proof at all she is even that powerful, if you want the strongest Vampire to ever live, it would be one of the protagonists like the Dragonborn as a Vampire Lord.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What people don't understand about the Vestige is they are a immortal anuic daedric like being. A Soul Shriven a daedra but the vestige has anuic properties that allows him/her to instantly reform at wayshrines. Because of their quasi immortal status. They can get the vampires and werewolf diseases but they cannot and I repeat cannot became a vampire or lycanthrope normally the immortal body fights it. Preventing it from happening. So body is at war with itself. Now for vampirism and lycanthropy to take hold with the vestige they have to go to a pure source that can complete it.

This is why the vestige has to go to Lamae to become a vampire and Hircine to become a werewolf. For the vestige to become a vampire fully they have to receive the blood of Lamae. This isn't optional its a requirement because its the only way the Vestige can become a vampire. Same deal with Werewolves they have to go to Hircine and only he can finish off the Vestiges transformation into a werewolf. Given Molag Bal the Father of Vampires status as the main big bad of the Base game. They don't have you go to him for it for obvious reasons. So they have us go to the Mother of Vampires.

Without Lamae the only other way the vestige can be a vampire is to go to other pure blooded vampire's such as Harkon, Serana and Valerica as they would be the only other powerful pure blooded vampires able to do it and also Verendis would likely refuse you outright.
    Since he refused to turn the Barons wife which played a big role in the whole Rivenspire Questline. With out any pure blooded vampires around only other way is Molag bal and well given what the vestige is to him he would just take you back to Coldhabour and place you back into chains or even take you to his personal house to personally torment for all time you for the trouble you caused him. So the vestige can't go to him for help with it for that very reason
    Without any pure blooded vampires or even Molag Bal to do it then the vestige just cannot become a vampire.

Because Lamae gave the vestige her blood she completed the vestiges transformation and because of this the vestige is a pure blooded vampire. Because of the nature of the soul shriven, they can only receive pure blooded vampirism and can't receive any other form of it. As such all Vestige Vampires are also Pure Blooded Vampires.

Are you aware that the ability for you to respawn post-main quest is just a game mechanic, quests such as those that take place within the Clockwork City very much confirm the Vestige is mortal.

Are you aware that has nothing to do with the fact that Lamae, the first pure blooded vampire, still is the one that changes us?
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    iiYuki wrote: »
    I think it's silly that everyone will become a vampire lord. A creature renowned for being rare and powerful.
    "Vampire Lords are considered to be the paragon of the species. They are typically pure-blooded vampires who have either received their vampirism through another pure-blooded vampire or Molag Bal himself"

Oh yeah, meanwhile we're converted by the strongest vampire to ever live. The first ever vampire herself.

There is no proof at all she is even that powerful, if you want the strongest Vampire to ever live, it would be one of the protagonists like the Dragonborn as a Vampire Lord.

Unfortunately during this time period the dragonborn doesn't exist.

And I think it's pretty safe to assume she's at least on-par with Harkon because again, she's the first vampire. The first to ever be turned by Molag Bal. To think otherwise is pretty foolish. Who knows, maybe in the new vampire quest line we'll see her do some stuff.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

All of this and yet people are still struggling to comprehend the fact that we were turned by the Blood Matron herself and therefore are blood scions.

And therefore blood scions are more rare than vamp lords or at least on the same level.

It's also interesting considering that it's happening regardless whether they like it or not. The lore's pretty ambiguous here and I can't imagine them scrapping too much of the original lore to update it with the new. I think people just dislike that it's vampires and not vampire hunters.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »

It's also interesting considering that it's happening regardless whether they like it or not. The lore's pretty ambiguous here and I can't imagine them scrapping too much of the original lore to update it with the new. I think people just dislike that it's vampires and not vampire hunters.

Big truuuue!

Although ngl a vampire hunter skill line would be pretty cool too. Still hoping for a mortal world skill line that vamps/werewolves cant be a part of.

But yeah, it really is interesting to see that people apparently think they're going to change what they said they're doing for the rework because a small handful have "lore" issues when lore in the first place has been said to be made to vary depending upon the perspective of the reader. The past lore master himself said that lore is what we make of it. Or something like that idk.

It's just very entertaining to watch countless people be like "uh, ACTually lamae isn't powerful and we have no way of knowing and everyone can't be vampire lords tofktntorpmejdjdie"

Like yeah bud, they're going to call off the changes because of you. Sure. Lol.

It's super entertaining. Even more so when said people are provided perfectly valid in-lore reasons for it, they don't get it. It's like it just doesn't register with them
    Edited by Noxavian on February 8, 2020 2:26AM
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Big truuuue!

Although ngl a vampire hunter skill line would be pretty cool too. Still hoping for a mortal world skill line that vamps/werewolves cant be a part of.

But yeah, it really is interesting to see that people apparently think they're going to change what they said they're doing for the rework because a small handful have "lore" issues when lore in the first place has been said to be made to vary depending upon the perspective of the reader. The past lore master himself said that lore is what we make of it. Or something like that idk.

It's just very entertaining to watch countless people be like "uh, ACTually lamae isn't powerful and we have no way of knowing and everyone can't be vampire lords tofktntorpmejdjdie"

It's super entertaining. Even more so when said people are provided perfectly valid in-lore reasons for it, they don't get it. It's like it just doesn't register with them.

I seriously wouldn't mind being locked out of the Fighter's Guild aside from one passive (Intimidating Presence for speed questing where applicable) as a vampire, but I totally get that point of view. There's not a lot going for mortals these days.

But yeah, like I said a few threads back it seems like people are headcanoning their own lore too much into what's already ambiguous at best. This is why they consulted people who can remain unbiased with their headcanons and found a way to approach this properly. Since there's that really pink model that was left in the assets for a while, it also stands to reason that the form was at least talked about (more for content, not so much players). The fact is, most games can and will change the lore over time. With or without our approval. With it already being revealed and people preordered because of it? It's not changing. The same argument went along with necromancers being a class and how it goes against the main quest completely and I'm sure that there was more opponents toward necros than this change here.

But I definitely agree. It's entertaining considering most aren't linking any sort of citation of where they're getting their information from. TES V was made before ESO development wise. Of course the lore is going to conflict outright. That's why they brought in people who specifically deal with vampiric lore, INCLUDING Skyrim's. They said it right there in the stream. Those guys overrule what any of us say. If they found a way for it to exist, then I trust and believe they've found a way. It's the first time in a long time that I've actually trusted ZoS on something.

Also #FixBlastbones.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Big truuuue!

It's super entertaining. Even more so when said people are provided perfectly valid in-lore reasons for it, they don't get it. It's like it just doesn't register with them.

I seriously wouldn't mind being locked out of the Fighter's Guild aside from one passive (Intimidating Presence for speed questing where applicable) as a vampire, but I totally get that point of view. There's not a lot going for mortals these days.

But yeah, like I said a few threads back it seems like people are headcanoning their own lore too much into what's already ambiguous at best. This is why they consulted people who can remain unbiased with their headcanons and found a way to approach this properly. Since there's that really pink model that was left in the assets for a while, it also stands to reason that the form was at least talked about (more for content, not so much players). The fact is, most games can and will change the lore over time. With or without our approval. With it already being revealed and people preordered because of it? It's not changing. The same argument went along with necromancers being a class and how it goes against the main quest completely and I'm sure that there was more opponents toward necros than this change here.

But I definitely agree. It's entertaining considering most aren't linking any sort of citation of where they're getting their information from. TES V was made before ESO development wise. Of course the lore is going to conflict outright. That's why they brought in people who specifically deal with vampiric lore, INCLUDING Skyrim's. They said it right there in the stream. Those guys overrule what any of us say. If they found a way for it to exist, then I trust and believe they've found a way. It's the first time in a long time that I've actually trusted ZoS on something.

Also #FixBlastbones.

No ones player character in the game is actually mortal they are form of daedric vestige that has unique Anuic properties. Technically everyone's character are actually immortals and wouldn't make sense having a unique mortals only skill line because lol the Vestige isn't mortal. However I do support a unique vestige skill line that deals with various passives including unique passive's that works only if your not infected with Lycanthropy or Vampirism maybe like a boost to regen for health, stamina and magicka. Another passive for example could grant a 5% cost reduction in abilties if you are not a vampire or lycanthrope.

This way it would become beneficial to not have the vestige to just go be a become a vampire or lycanthrope to have an edge when players can have one if they don't go that path that involve's hurting or eating people. So having some vestige passives that are unique to the type of hero we are as well to our unique nature wouldn't be a bad idea. I think it will give players something of a boon for not going vampire or werewolf and that wouldn't be bad idea. But a mortals only skill line that can be unlocked by an immortal daedric like being?

How does that make sense to tell you the truth it doesn't. Because if vampires are barred from the fighters guild skill line and lycanthropes then so the vestige for being a daedric abomination.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Big truuuue!

Also #FixBlastbones.

No ones player character in the game is actually mortal they are form of daedric vestige that has unique Anuic properties. Technically everyone's character are actually immortals and wouldn't make sense having a unique mortals only skill line because lol the Vestige isn't mortal. However I do support a unique vestige skill line that deals with various passives including unique passive's that works only if your not infected with Lycanthropy or Vampirism maybe like a boost to regen for health, stamina and magicka. Another passive for example could grant a 5% cost reduction in abilties if you are not a vampire or lycanthrope.

This way it would become beneficial to not have the vestige to just go be a become a vampire or lycanthrope to have an edge when players can have one if they don't go that path that involve's hurting or eating people. So having some vestige passives that are unique to the type of hero we are as well to our unique nature wouldn't be a bad idea. I think it will give players something of a boon for not going vampire or werewolf and that wouldn't be bad idea. But a mortals only skill line that can be unlocked by an immortal daedric like being?

How does that make sense to tell you the truth it doesn't. Because if vampires are barred from the fighters guild skill line and lycanthropes then so the vestige for being a daedric abomination.

But remember; I specifically said Vampire. The reason being is that you can hide your lycanthropy. The vestige can hide the fact that they're the vestige (which there is ambiguous lore with that as well, let's not forget that). Vampires in it's current form? It can't. It's not specifically upon the Daedric sense. It's upon the actual principles of the Guild as a whole. They simply kill vampires and werewolves where they're outed. Without the added additions? That same argument can be applied;

How does that make sense that a vampire can climb the ranks of the Fighters Guild, let alone join without ever being discovered? That's not an easy feat to do, no matter how hard you headcanon.

Furthermore, just because I'm fine with it doesn't mean that it's a perfect solution I'm advocating for, it means literally how it's said that I'm seriously fine with it. Let's not put words in other people's mouths.
    Edited by Sephyr on February 8, 2020 3:47AM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Big truuuue!

Also #FixBlastbones.

But remember; I specifically said Vampire. The reason being is that you can hide your lycanthropy. The vestige can hide the fact that they're the vestige (which there is ambiguous lore with that as well, let's not forget that). Vampires in it's current form? It can't. It's not specifically upon the Daedric sense. It's upon the actual principles of the Guild as a whole. They simply kill vampires and werewolves where they're outed.

I don't think they will ever add guild expulsion and being a vampire was not grounds for expulsion from the fighters guild in Oblivion. Also if they do that they might as well add to expulsion from the fighters guild for being seen resurrecting from a soul gem and transforming into a werewolf. But they are not a dawnguard or religious order. They are a neutral merc guild. Who is obligated to be Neutral. They are neutral and that is one of the reasons the group invaded Coldhabour in the alliances stead along with the mages guild. Given desperate times they require all the aid they have to deal with the crisis going on. I doubt they will turn away those willing to help. Also there is vampiric members of the fighters guild as random fighters guild npcs.
    So there can be members that obviously seem to be vampires.

I think it would be too much code to program an expulsion system and also the uproar by the community possibly the pvp community and pve community would be something that would be another factor in why they shouldn't do it. This is after all a an mmo and they have to be mindful of this fact. Now I would not mind them adding into a new passive maybe a rework of the soul skill line and renaming it Vestige and then adding more passives which are exclusive to remaining lycanthrope and vampire free which would be a good solution.
    But I just think that discriminating against vampires alone would be stupid if they went that route. I think being a vestige and lycanthrope should also be grounds for expulsion.

Anyways this is about vampire lords so lets back on topic. Well if they did add an expulsion system then I think transforming into a vampire lord should qualify for sure. As well as being seen transform into a werewolf. But only if seen doing this by members of the fighters guild. Then having to do a quest to regain membership. Like maybe gathering materials or something or helping members with tasks.

Edited by Thevampirenight on February 8, 2020 3:56AM
    PC NA
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Big truuuue!

Also #FixBlastbones.

But remember; I specifically said Vampire. The reason being is that you can hide your lycanthropy. The vestige can hide the fact that they're the vestige (which there is ambiguous lore with that as well, let's not forget that). Vampires in it's current form? It can't. It's not specifically upon the Daedric sense. It's upon the actual principles of the Guild as a whole. They simply kill vampires and werewolves where they're outed.

I don't think they will ever add guild expulsion and being a vampire was not grounds for expulsion from the fighters guild in Oblivion. Also if they do that they might as well add to expulsion from the fighters guild for being seen resurrecting from a soul gem and transforming into a werewolf. But they are not a dawnguard or religious order. They are a neutral merc guild. Who is obligated to be Neutral. They are neutral and that is one of the reasons the group invaded Coldhabour in the alliances stead along with the mages guild. Given desperate times they require all the aid they have to deal with the crisis going on. I doubt they will turn away those willing to help. Also there is vampiric members of the fighters guild as random fighters guild npcs.

I think it would be too much code to program an expulsion system and also the uproar by the community possibly the pvp community and pve community would be something that would be another factor in why they shouldn't do it. This is after all a an mmo and they have to be mindful of this fact. Now I would not mind it being added into a new passive maybe a rework of the soul skill line and renaming it Vestige and then adding more passives which are exclusive to remaining lycanthrope and vampire free which would be a good solution.
    But I just think that discriminating against vampires alone would be stupid if they went that route. I think being a vestige and lycanthrope should also be grounds for expulsion.

That's why I said I was fine with it, but it's not the solution to the actual problem. What you or I think is rather irrelevant which was the entirety of my post. What we say plain and flatly does not go. We don't make any decisions on the lore, only what our characters do and react to. That is the prime basis of roleplay as a whole. That's why I said I was fine with it. Just because I'm fine with it doesn't mean that I can snap my fingers and make it happen, or would. I'm not arguing that if they should or not. I think you're getting mixed messages here, as if I wanted to argue advocacy for it, I'd make a separate thread for it. Simply saying it in passing does not equate a calling to arms of advocacy. It's not that big of a deal, my dude.
    Edited by Sephyr on February 8, 2020 3:57AM
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    I wasn't sure how to answer the poll, since I'm interested in vampires but not vampire lords. Vampire lords just seem kinda tacky to me idk, I never really cared for them. But I'm still excited for the other content, especially since one of my mains is a vampire for rp reasons
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
    Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Big truuuue!

Also #FixBlastbones.

I think it would be too much code to program an expulsion system and also the uproar by the community possibly the pvp community and pve community would be something that would be another factor in why they shouldn't do it. This is after all a an mmo and they have to be mindful of this fact. Now I would not mind it being added into a new passive maybe a rework of the soul skill line and renaming it Vestige and then adding more passives which are exclusive to remaining lycanthrope and vampire free which would be a good solution.

That's why I said I was fine with it, but it's not the solution to the actual problem. What you or I think is rather irrelevant which was the entirety of my post. What we say plain and flatly does not go. We don't make any decisions on the lore, only what our characters do and react to. That is the prime basis of roleplay as a whole. That's why I said I was fine with it. Just because I'm fine with it doesn't mean that I can snap my fingers and make it happen, or would. I'm not arguing that if they should or not. I think you're getting mixed messages here.

Maybe I am sorry about that.
    I'm fine with them leaving it how it is as well. I know players do want to have some exclusive mortal only thing. It would be nice if they could add an actual cross bow skill line and actual cross bow weapons like Dawnguard. But I think they are holding off on doing something like that or maybe its not on their bucket list. Maybe they could a Dawnguard like group to satisfy that Niche of the community. Who knows maybe when they do Central Skyrim they will bring them in. A Dawnguard like Skill Line might have to deal with a more vampire hunting focus. But they would have to create unique abilties for it that are not already in the Fighters Guild Skill Line.

But given Fighters guild skill line exists that have their iconic weapon and the lore on the Dawnguard where they were banished from the Rift or became vampires and then terrorized the rift till their destruction. Going by what Isran said about them. That could be another reason why they are not being added.

Hopefully they will bring in references or even add in some members that do vampire hunting and we can help them out with some of those quests. If they are doing vampire lords they might as well do something for those that loved the Dawnguard Vampire Hunters. So hopefully we will get that at some point. Hopefully some form of the Dawnguard can be added to the game. Even if they are not completely join able maybe a unique quest chain to help them hunt vampires would be just as great which would allow the player to unlock a Dawnguard Uniform based on the Skyim Dawn Guard Uniform and unique outfit styles.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 8, 2020 4:09AM
    PC NA
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    x48rph wrote: »
    No.

For one, everyone running around as vampire lords is just lore breaking and while ZOS might twist things to explain how this is suddenly possible, it doesn't change the fact that it shouldn't be. Not mention thanks to this twisting of lore to make it possible, every vampire RPer and their brother will now be an oh so powerful vampire lord that still hangs out at the local tavern every night just cause that's what vampire lords do after all

Also I have serious concerns that having the vampire lord form will make them modify all the passives and benefits around that (like WW) instead of the constant passive bonuses/debuffs we get now. And while it will be most likely be OP at first to get everyone to use it so they can claim success, I fear it will eventually go the path of WW and well be left with an empty shell of what vampirism used to be about.

They are not working the passives to work only in Vampire Lord form. From what I know they are not doing that. Will have to feed to benefit from the passives but that is about all. So that will be the only change. Vampire lord will be one ultimate but there will be three other new vampire abilties. So the Vampire lord will likely be independent of those but those abilties work in that form.
    So there will still be constant passive bonuses/debuffs if your well fed. They are not reworking them to work only in the Vampire lord form. Other then reversing how it works it will remain the same as it is now I believe.

We'll see. I'm pretty sure no one outside the ZOS dev team really knows what is truly happening so anything else is pure speculation around the small hints and info they've given us so far. I hope they don't but I'm certainly not holding my breath over it as look how they reworked and buffed WW so they could sell a DLC and then spent the next year nerfing it into oblivion to the point you hardly see them used.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe I am sorry about that.
    I'm fine with them leaving it how it is as well. I know players do want to have some exclusive mortal only thing. It would be nice if they could add an actual cross bow skill line and actual cross bow weapons like Dawnguard. But I think they are holding off on doing something like that or maybe its not on their bucket list. Maybe they could a Dawnguard like group to satisfy that Niche of the community. Who knows maybe when they do Central Skyrim they will bring them in. A Dawnguard like Skill Line might have to deal with a more vampire hunting focus. But they would have to create unique abilties for it that are not already in the Fighters Guild Skill Line.

But given Fighters guild skill line exists that have their iconic weapon and the lore on the Dawnguard where they were banished from the Rift or became vampires and then terrorized the rift till their destruction. Going by what Isran said about them. That could be another reason why they are not being added.

Hopefully they will bring in references or even add in some members that do vampire hunting and we can help them out with some of those quests. If they are doing vampire lords they might as well do something for those that loved the Dawnguard Vampire Hunters. So hopefully we will get that at some point. Hopefully some form of the Dawnguard can be added to the game. Even if they are not completely join able maybe a unique quest chain to help them hunt vampires would be just as great which would allow the player to unlock a Dawnguard Uniform based on the Skyim Dawn Guard Uniform and unique outfit styles.

You're fine. Perhaps this'll be an easier way to lay things to rest. My being fine with it is a compromise. I'm willing to let lore go and put the bar on the ground so that all ZoS can do is raise it from there. They don't exactly have the best defining moments with new classes, skill lines, and content related to them aside from the base game if we're strictly going on performance and reliability (broken abilities, etc). Many of them have rooted controversies that are still being debated years later. Literally years later. I don't see them adding anything of the nature, so I'm willing to make that compromise knowing the likeliness of it happening are pretty much zilch. For one FG performs fine as is and yeah, it would gate content which they don't want to do either. I'll be very surprised if they talk about adding something like that in.

That being said, it'd be nice to see something different. Maybe bounty boards in Cyrodiil/IC for enemy vampires and werewolves. More PvE engagements like actual FG members hunting down those at that are at their strongest and most obvious/wolfing out in towns. People making passing comments about your appearance. Things we notably see in other TES games. Aside from that, I'm not going to overhype it because there's not that much that's been revealed and there's more questions than answers that we're getting and based on former instances something got an overhaul? Again; I have to lower the bar to the ground in order to stay excited about it.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.

Are you aware that has nothing to do with the fact that Lamae, the first pure blooded vampire, still is the one that changes us?

Are you aware what you said has absolutely nothing to do with what I said?

Face the facts, being the first means nothing in this serious, and no she does not change you, you get infected by a Bloodfiend/Player, that is where you get the Vampiric Disease from, you then profane the shrines of Arkay and Molag Bal, then 4 Vampires drain you, that is how you become a Vampire, Lamae Bal is merely the conductor of the ritual here, she does not make any physical contact with your whatsoever.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Face the facts, being the first means nothing in this serious, and no she does not change you, you get infected by a Bloodfiend/Player, that is where you get the Vampiric Disease from, you then profane the shrines of Arkay and Molag Bal, then 4 Vampires drain you, that is how you become a Vampire, Lamae Bal is merely the conductor of the ritual here, she does not make any physical contact with your whatsoever.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Vampire
    Noxiphilic Sanguivoria allows these Vampires to not burn or weaken in sunlight, but instead become more powerful once night falls. They have other abilities as well; some, such as invisibility, they share with other bloodlines. One particular way of acquiring this strand of vampirism is through the Rite of the Scion, a ritual in which a mortal's blood is fully replaced by that of Lamae's.[23] This act turns mortals into Scions, a powerful type of vampire. It is also the only way for a soul shriven to be infected with this strand of vampirism
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Rite_of_the_Scion

The quest even shows this she uses telekenisis the same thing the player does to lift up someone to feed on them with the straw animation to turn you into a vampire using her own essence and blood. Yes Four vampires drain you but its what Lamae bal does with her hands that turns you into a vampire.
    Watch the video from
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YeUhXh-M_M
    8 minutes 5 seconds in this you can see your character being drained the vampires at the end they turn into into mist and disappear your still levitated up. Red effect the transfer begins as the corruption transfer starts happening Lamae rises out of the pool you can see what she does with her hands and see the transfer of her blood into the vampire using telekinesis. This is clearly shown during the quest line. Fact that Lamae gives you her blood its clearly shown in the vampire quest. Its backed up by the lore and the lore book Rite of the Scion and the video. She just uses Telekinesis to do it instead of physically biting you which might change in the revamp to where she might actually bite you I don't know on that but I think that might happen. All I know is the vampire quest is being reworked and so it will be different once Greymoor chapter arrives.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 8, 2020 5:43AM
    PC NA
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Noxiphilic Sanguivoria allows these Vampires to not burn or weaken in sunlight, but instead become more powerful once night falls. They have other abilities as well; some, such as invisibility, they share with other bloodlines. One particular way of acquiring this strand of vampirism is through the Rite of the Scion, a ritual in which a mortal's blood is fully replaced by that of Lamae's.[23] This act turns mortals into Scions, a powerful type of vampire. It is also the only way for a soul shriven to be infected with this strand of vampirism

The quest even shows this she uses telekenisis the same thing the player does to lift up someone to feed on them with the straw animation to turn you into a vampire using her own essence and blood. Yes Four vampires drain you but its what Lamae bal does with her hands that turns you into a vampire.
    Watch the video from
    8 minutes 5 seconds in this you can see your character being drained the vampires at the end they turn into into mist and disappear your still levitated up. Red effect the transfer begins as if the corruption transfer begins Lamae rises out of the pool you can see what she does with her hands and see the transfer of her blood into the vampire using telekinesis. This is clearly shown during the quest line. Fact that Lamae gives you her blood its clearly shown in the vampire quest. Its backed up by the lore and the lore book Rite of the Scion and the video. She just uses Telekinesis to do it instead of physically biting you which might change in the revamp to where she might actually bite you I don't know on that but I think that might happen. All I know is the vampire quest is being reworked and so it will be different once Greymoor chapter arrives.

Uh oh @TX12001rwb17_ESO, looks like you've been had. Knowing you though you'll continue to still argue against it despite the evidence being presented literally right there.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Watch the video from
    8 minutes 5 seconds in this you can see your character being drained the vampires at the end they turn into into mist and disappear your still levitated up. Red effect the transfer begins as if the corruption transfer begins Lamae rises out of the pool you can see what she does with her hands and see the transfer of her blood into the vampire using telekinesis. This is clearly shown during the quest line. Fact that Lamae gives you her blood its clearly shown in the vampire quest. Its backed up by the lore and the lore book Rite of the Scion and the video. She just uses Telekinesis to do it instead of physically biting you which might change in the revamp to where she might actually bite you I don't know on that but I think that might happen. All I know is the vampire quest is being reworked and so it will be different once Greymoor chapter arrives.

Uh oh @TX12001rwb17_ESO, looks like you've been had. Knowing you though you'll continue to still argue against it despite the evidence being presented literally right there.

Well I rather not argue about it. Well we all have our own opinions. But yeah even though she can't be seen physically giving it to the vestige doesn't mean she isn't. She is just using actual magic the blood line has been able to do like levitate people of the ground but in this case more of a telekinetic transfer to the vestige.

Given the way vampires have to feed right now they don't have the animations in place for a vampire to actually embrace you like Harkon and Serana were able to do to turn a person into a vampire. They will soon though as those are getting added with Greymoor. So that might be why he can't see the transfer going on. But its there just have to pay attention to it and I can understand how players can miss this because well they might think she isn't doing anything but she actually is. So I don't fault him for not seeing it. I don't think some players can unless they actually see whats going on. But what she is doing is transferring it to the player and that can be seen in the animations she is doing with her hands.
    PC NA
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Watch the video from

Well I rather not argue about it. Well we all have our own opinions. But yeah even though she can't be seen physically giving it to the vestige doesn't mean she isn't. She is just using actual magic the blood line has been able to do like levitate people of the ground but in this case more of a telekinetic transfer to the vestige.

Given the way vampires have to feed right now they don't have the animations in place for a vampire to actually embrace you like Harkon and Serana were able to do to turn a person into a vampire. They will soon though as those are getting added with Greymoor. So that might be why he can't see the transfer going on. But its there just have to pay attention to it and I can understand how players can miss this because well they might think she isn't doing anything but she actually is. So I don't fault him for not seeing it. I don't think some players can unless they actually see whats going on. But what she is doing is transferring it to the player and that can be seen in the animations she is doing with her hands.

Yeah, I get everyone can have their own opinions. I'm more or less just poking fun at the TX guy because he keeps denying that we're turned by Lamae Bal herself despite the evidence being right there. Just having fun is all, no harm here.

• TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.

Watch the video from

Yeah, I get everyone can have their own opinions. I'm more or less just poking fun at the TX guy because he keeps denying that we're turned by Lamae Bal herself despite the evidence being right there. Just having fun is all, no harm here.

Your not turned by her if you use the Crown Store Bite, also jokes do not belong here.

I am surprised nobody has actually brought this up though, the Vampire Lord is the selling point of Greymore is it not? if then why would it get patched into the base game, what would be the selling point of the expansion then?

They said the Blood Scion was identical but to what extent, in abilities perhaps?

If the Vampire update is patched into the base game without the Vampire Lord then that would leave Vampires without an Ultimate, unless the Blood Scion was not the Vampire Lord but something different, did that thought ever cross your mind?
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on February 8, 2020 6:13AM