Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So are you guys happy Vampire Lords/Bloodscions are coming to Eso?

• Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes I'm happy about this.
    Noxavian wrote: »
    What people don't understand about the Vestige is they are a immortal anuic daedric like being. A Soul Shriven a daedra but the vestige has anuic properties that allows him/her to instantly reform at wayshrines. Because of their quasi immortal status. They can get the vampires and werewolf diseases but they cannot and I repeat cannot became a vampire or lycanthrope normally the immortal body fights it. Preventing it from happening. So body is at war with itself. Now for vampirism and lycanthropy to take hold with the vestige they have to go to a pure source that can complete it.

This is why the vestige has to go to Lamae to become a vampire and Hircine to become a werewolf. For the vestige to become a vampire fully they have to receive the blood of Lamae. This isn't optional its a requirement because its the only way the Vestige can become a vampire. Same deal with Werewolves they have to go to Hircine and only he can finish off the Vestiges transformation into a werewolf. Given Molag Bal the Father of Vampires status as the main big bad of the Base game. They don't have you go to him for it for obvious reasons. So they have us go to the Mother of Vampires.

Without Lamae the only other way the vestige can be a vampire is to go to other pure blooded vampire's such as Harkon, Serana and Valerica as they would be the only other powerful pure blooded vampires able to do it and also Verendis would likely refuse you outright.
    Since he refused to turn the Barons wife which played a big role in the whole Rivenspire Questline. With out any pure blooded vampires around only other way is Molag bal and well given what the vestige is to him he would just take you back to Coldhabour and place you back into chains or even take you to his personal house to personally torment for all time you for the trouble you caused him. So the vestige can't go to him for help with it for that very reason
    Without any pure blooded vampires or even Molag Bal to do it then the vestige just cannot become a vampire.

Because Lamae gave the vestige her blood she completed the vestiges transformation and because of this the vestige is a pure blooded vampire. Because of the nature of the soul shriven, they can only receive pure blooded vampirism and can't receive any other form of it. As such all Vestige Vampires are also Pure Blooded Vampires.

Are you aware that the ability for you to respawn post-main quest is just a game mechanic, quests such as those that take place within the Clockwork City very much confirm the Vestige is mortal.

Are you aware that has nothing to do with the fact that Lamae, the first pure blooded vampire, still is the one that changes us?

Are you aware what you said has absolutely nothing to do with what I said?

Face the facts, being the first means nothing in this serious, and no she does not change you, you get infected by a Bloodfiend/Player, that is where you get the Vampiric Disease from, you then profane the shrines of Arkay and Molag Bal, then 4 Vampires drain you, that is how you become a Vampire, Lamae Bal is merely the conductor of the ritual here, she does not make any physical contact with your whatsoever.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Vampire
    Noxiphilic Sanguivoria allows these Vampires to not burn or weaken in sunlight, but instead become more powerful once night falls. They have other abilities as well; some, such as invisibility, they share with other bloodlines. One particular way of acquiring this strand of vampirism is through the Rite of the Scion, a ritual in which a mortal's blood is fully replaced by that of Lamae's.[23] This act turns mortals into Scions, a powerful type of vampire. It is also the only way for a soul shriven to be infected with this strand of vampirism
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Rite_of_the_Scion

The Bloodspeaker must first prepare the accursed symbols of Arkay and Molag Bal. Thereafter, the Initiate drinks from the basin of suffering and the basin of loss and learns the history of Lamae Bal. Then, the Initiate profanes the symbols. Once this is done, the Initiate submits to the Blood Matron and is exsanguinated completely. Should the Blood Matron deem the Initiate worthy, she will revive them with her own blood.

The quest even shows this she uses telekenisis the same thing the player does to lift up someone to feed on them with the straw animation to turn you into a vampire using her own essence and blood. Yes Four vampires drain you but its what Lamae bal does with her hands that turns you into a vampire.
    Watch the video from
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YeUhXh-M_M
    8 minutes 5 seconds in this you can see your character being drained the vampires at the end they turn into into mist and disappear your still levitated up. Red effect the transfer begins as if the corruption transfer begins Lamae rises out of the pool you can see what she does with her hands and see the transfer of her blood into the vampire using telekinesis. This is clearly shown during the quest line. Fact that Lamae gives you her blood its clearly shown in the vampire quest. Its backed up by the lore and the lore book Rite of the Scion and the video. She just uses Telekinesis to do it instead of physically biting you which might change in the revamp to where she might actually bite you I don't know on that but I think that might happen. All I know is the vampire quest is being reworked and so it will be different once Greymoor chapter arrives.

Uh oh @TX12001rwb17_ESO, looks like you've been had. Knowing you though you'll continue to still argue against it despite the evidence being presented literally right there.

Well I rather not argue about it. Well we all have our own opinions. But yeah even though she can't be seen physically giving it to the vestige doesn't mean she isn't. She is just using actual magic the blood line has been able to do like levitate people of the ground but in this case more of a telekinetic transfer to the vestige.

Given the way vampires have to feed right now they don't have the animations in place for a vampire to actually embrace you like Harkon and Serana were able to do to turn a person into a vampire. They will soon though as those are getting added with Greymoor. So that might be why he can't see the transfer going on. But its there just have to pay attention to it and I can understand how players can miss this because well they might think she isn't doing anything but she actually is. So I don't fault him for not seeing it. I don't think some players can unless they actually see whats going on. But what she is doing is transferring it to the player and that can be seen in the animations she is doing with her hands.

Yeah, I get everyone can have their own opinions. I'm more or less just poking fun at the TX guy because he keeps denying that we're turned by Lamae Bal herself despite the evidence being right there. Just having fun is all, no harm here.

Your not turned by her if you use the Crown Store Bite, also jokes do not belong here.

Crown Store Bites aren't lore-based, they're efficiency/timing based because they don't want to go through the quest 5+ times. You're stretching it pretty thin there. They weren't there originally, either.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What people don't understand about the Vestige is they are a immortal anuic daedric like being. A Soul Shriven a daedra but the vestige has anuic properties that allows him/her to instantly reform at wayshrines. Because of their quasi immortal status. They can get the vampires and werewolf diseases but they cannot and I repeat cannot became a vampire or lycanthrope normally the immortal body fights it. Preventing it from happening. So body is at war with itself. Now for vampirism and lycanthropy to take hold with the vestige they have to go to a pure source that can complete it.

This is why the vestige has to go to Lamae to become a vampire and Hircine to become a werewolf. For the vestige to become a vampire fully they have to receive the blood of Lamae. This isn't optional its a requirement because its the only way the Vestige can become a vampire. Same deal with Werewolves they have to go to Hircine and only he can finish off the Vestiges transformation into a werewolf. Given Molag Bal the Father of Vampires status as the main big bad of the Base game. They don't have you go to him for it for obvious reasons. So they have us go to the Mother of Vampires.

Without Lamae the only other way the vestige can be a vampire is to go to other pure blooded vampire's such as Harkon, Serana and Valerica as they would be the only other powerful pure blooded vampires able to do it and also Verendis would likely refuse you outright.
    Since he refused to turn the Barons wife which played a big role in the whole Rivenspire Questline. With out any pure blooded vampires around only other way is Molag bal and well given what the vestige is to him he would just take you back to Coldhabour and place you back into chains or even take you to his personal house to personally torment for all time you for the trouble you caused him. So the vestige can't go to him for help with it for that very reason
    Without any pure blooded vampires or even Molag Bal to do it then the vestige just cannot become a vampire.

Because Lamae gave the vestige her blood she completed the vestiges transformation and because of this the vestige is a pure blooded vampire. Because of the nature of the soul shriven, they can only receive pure blooded vampirism and can't receive any other form of it. As such all Vestige Vampires are also Pure Blooded Vampires.

Are you aware that the ability for you to respawn post-main quest is just a game mechanic, quests such as those that take place within the Clockwork City very much confirm the Vestige is mortal.

Are you aware that has nothing to do with the fact that Lamae, the first pure blooded vampire, still is the one that changes us?

Face the facts, being the first means nothing in this serious, and no she does not change you, you get infected by a Bloodfiend/Player, that is where you get the Vampiric Disease from, you then profane the shrines of Arkay and Molag Bal, then 4 Vampires drain you, that is how you become a Vampire, Lamae Bal is merely the conductor of the ritual here, she does not make any physical contact with your whatsoever.

Noxiphilic Sanguivoria allows these Vampires to not burn or weaken in sunlight, but instead become more powerful once night falls. They have other abilities as well; some, such as invisibility, they share with other bloodlines. One particular way of acquiring this strand of vampirism is through the Rite of the Scion, a ritual in which a mortal's blood is fully replaced by that of Lamae's.[23] This act turns mortals into Scions, a powerful type of vampire. It is also the only way for a soul shriven to be infected with this strand of vampirism

The Bloodspeaker must first prepare the accursed symbols of Arkay and Molag Bal. Thereafter, the Initiate drinks from the basin of suffering and the basin of loss and learns the history of Lamae Bal. Then, the Initiate profanes the symbols. Once this is done, the Initiate submits to the Blood Matron and is exsanguinated completely. Should the Blood Matron deem the Initiate worthy, she will revive them with her own blood.

The quest even shows this she uses telekenisis the same thing the player does to lift up someone to feed on them with the straw animation to turn you into a vampire using her own essence and blood. Yes Four vampires drain you but its what Lamae bal does with her hands that turns you into a vampire.
    Watch the video from
    8 minutes 5 seconds in this you can see your character being drained the vampires at the end they turn into into mist and disappear your still levitated up. Red effect the transfer begins as if the corruption transfer begins Lamae rises out of the pool you can see what she does with her hands and see the transfer of her blood into the vampire using telekinesis. This is clearly shown during the quest line. Fact that Lamae gives you her blood its clearly shown in the vampire quest. Its backed up by the lore and the lore book Rite of the Scion and the video. She just uses Telekinesis to do it instead of physically biting you which might change in the revamp to where she might actually bite you I don't know on that but I think that might happen. All I know is the vampire quest is being reworked and so it will be different once Greymoor chapter arrives.

Uh oh @TX12001rwb17_ESO, looks like you've been had. Knowing you though you'll continue to still argue against it despite the evidence being presented literally right there.

Well I rather not argue about it. Well we all have our own opinions. But yeah even though she can't be seen physically giving it to the vestige doesn't mean she isn't. She is just using actual magic the blood line has been able to do like levitate people of the ground but in this case more of a telekinetic transfer to the vestige.

Given the way vampires have to feed right now they don't have the animations in place for a vampire to actually embrace you like Harkon and Serana were able to do to turn a person into a vampire. They will soon though as those are getting added with Greymoor. So that might be why he can't see the transfer going on. But its there just have to pay attention to it and I can understand how players can miss this because well they might think she isn't doing anything but she actually is. So I don't fault him for not seeing it. I don't think some players can unless they actually see whats going on. But what she is doing is transferring it to the player and that can be seen in the animations she is doing with her hands.

Yeah, I get everyone can have their own opinions. I'm more or less just poking fun at the TX guy because he keeps denying that we're turned by Lamae Bal herself despite the evidence being right there. Just having fun is all, no harm here.

Your not turned by her if you use the Crown Store Bite, also jokes do not belong here.

I am surprised nobody has actually brought this up though, the Vampire Lord is the selling point of Greymore is it not? if then why would it get patched into the base game, what would be the selling point of the expansion then?

They said the Blood Scion was identical but to what extent, in abilities perhaps?

If the Vampire update is patched into the base game without the Vampire Lord then that would leave Vampires without an Ultimate, unless the Blood Scion was not the Vampire Lord but something different, did that thought ever cross your mind?

I can see why, its the way things are coded. See most of the active skill line sets have five abilties and one ultimate. Then a certain number of passives. Way things are set up to introduce the vampire lord as Greymoor might require them to rework the system and add code to prevent its use if you don't have greymoor. So to do it without reworking the system would likely require them to create an all new vampire skill line for the vampire lord.

Technically this would mean there would be two types of vampire in the game. One chapter and one free. Clearly they don't want to go that route so they are working it into base game vampirism. The way its coded might even be why they are replacing the bat swarm ultimate with it instead of just adding the ultimate as an additional ultimate so Vampires would have two ultimates. If they could add it for the chapter I suspect they would. But because of the limitations it will be a base game update instead of being sold in the chapter.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 8, 2020 6:32AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Watch the video from

I am surprised nobody has actually brought this up though, the Vampire Lord is the selling point of Greymore is it not? if then why would it get patched into the base game, what would be the selling point of the expansion then?

They said the Blood Scion was identical but to what extent, in abilities perhaps?

If the Vampire update is patched into the base game without the Vampire Lord then that would leave Vampires without an Ultimate, unless the Blood Scion was not the Vampire Lord but something different, did that thought ever cross your mind?

My guy, diid you not literally just read what @Thevampirenight just said. You are turned by her. End of story. Also the fact you bring up the crown store vamp purchase is genuinely hilarious. But no, they literally said on stream that we'll be able to turn into "one of those guys" whilst pointing at the vampire lord statue. Did you ever think of that? Oh, what am I saying, everything that has been said thus far seems to of gone in one ear and out the other.

I absolutely adore how much you're denying it lol. Keep at it champ. See @Sephyr, this is what Im talking about. I wonder if it's considered trolling at this point?
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wasn't sure how to answer the poll, since I'm interested in vampires but not vampire lords. Vampire lords just seem kinda tacky to me idk, I never really cared for them. But I'm still excited for the other content, especially since one of my mains is a vampire for rp reasons

Well I'm sure the changes will still accommodate vampires even if you don't use the Blood Scion form. So even if the update isn't for everyone. Well I'm sure there will be something in the vampire people will use for their vampires. Since its getting a full ability tree. :)
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 8, 2020 6:43AM
    PC NA
  • Opalblade
    Opalblade
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also hoping there are variations depending on your character's race/gender. They did it with necro's bone goliath transform and the werewolf lord poly so it only makes sense to do that with vampire lords too. Oh, and please, please don't let it be a werewolf clone.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Opalblade wrote: »
    I'm also hoping there are variations depending on your character's race/gender. They did it with necro's bone goliath transform and the werewolf lord poly so it only makes sense to do that with vampire lords too. Oh, and please, please don't let it be a werewolf clone.

I do hope there will be variations with it especially for the beast races. I know they didn't do it in Skyrim but given this is a variant version of the Harkon Family Vampire Lord. I really do hope they add in differant appearances for the form maybe like tails, for Argonian and Khajiit vampire lords. While they are in that form. Maybe the Khajiit version covered in fur with more cat appearance mixed into it, while the Argonians more like a lizard vampire lord like form. Hopefully they'll do this at least to make it more fun and unique.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 8, 2020 6:54AM
    PC NA
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I hope it isn't a complete clone of the werewolf either. Though I do hope they don't clone necro's ult either, if that makes sense? I want them to have access to abilities specifically in vamp lord form, though. Abilities that can't be used outside of the form.

Mainly because I'd love it if one of the abilities is the power to summon a gargoyle temporarily. That would be so cool.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wasn't sure how to answer the poll, since I'm interested in vampires but not vampire lords. Vampire lords just seem kinda tacky to me idk, I never really cared for them. But I'm still excited for the other content, especially since one of my mains is a vampire for rp reasons

Well I'm sure the changes will still accommodate vampires even if you don't use the Blood Scion form. So even if the update isn't for everyone. Well I'm sure there will be something in the vampire people will use for their vampires. Since its getting a full ability tree. :)

Yeah, it's safe to say that if you're a fan of vampires in ESO regardless of if you like vamp lord or not you'll be getting some new goodies (:

Which is what Im happy about.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Whatever. I expect Vampire Lord be something like this.

uhjiglT.jpg

If they can pull it off good. If they screw it up there's always priest of Arkay option.
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed
    New Blood Scion character idea:
    https://youtu.be/6AXPnH0C9UA
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, it's safe to say that if you're a fan of vampires in ESO regardless of if you like vamp lord or not you'll be getting some new goodies (:

Which is what Im happy about.
    Yeah we are getting new gooodies for them for sure. I am happy about them getting that even if they were not doing the vampire lord :smiley:
    rpa wrote: »
    Whatever. I expect Vampire Lord be something like this.

uhjiglT.jpg

If they can pull it off good. If they screw it up there's always priest of Arkay option.

I wonder if the vampire lord would look good with a top hat and a monocle. While also wearing a fancy suit.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 8, 2020 11:38PM
    PC NA
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I hope it isn't a complete clone of the werewolf either. Though I do hope they don't clone necro's ult either, if that makes sense? I want them to have access to abilities specifically in vamp lord form, though. Abilities that can't be used outside of the form.

Mainly because I'd love it if one of the abilities is the power to summon a gargoyle temporarily. That would be so cool.

Hopefully there will be an ability to summon a gargoyle but I can see this being added into one of the ultimate morphs like they do with werewolves. Hopefully there will be a summon power for something like that for the new vampire. But I think a vampire pet will be more like the necro pets and won't stay with you all the time.
    PC NA
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    We got a good idea of whats been released to us so far as to what the male version of the vampire lord looks like and it will likely look like this for the players too.

All wrong.

Players will not be joining clan Volkihar and will not become vampire lords.

Players vamps are getting a different ultimate vamp transform ability, about which we know nothing.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    We got a good idea of whats been released to us so far as to what the male version of the vampire lord looks like and it will likely look like this for the players too.

All wrong.

Players vamps are getting a different ultimate vamp transform ability, about which we know nothing.

Your right we are not becoming a Volkihar Vampire Lord. But we are are still getting a Vampire Lord transformation. We will be a Scion of Lamae Vampire Lord they are calling it the Blood Scion. It won't be the Volkihar vampire lord but will look almost like the Volkihar Vampire Lord going by its appearance.
    Will be interesting to see how it works though.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 10, 2020 8:50AM
    PC NA
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

All wrong.

Your right we are not becoming a Volkihar Vampire Lord. But we are are still getting a Vampire Lord transformation. We will be a Scion of Lamae Vampire Lord they are calling it the Blood Scion. It won't be the Volkihar vampire lord but will look almost like the Volkihar Vampire Lord going by its appearance.

^This. It's literally here in the stream they posted.

At 22:50 they get into the vampire revamps.
    At 25:10ish one of the guests on the panel asks about why there's a vampire lord statue and they explain that it's going to be the ultimate and literally say it word for word. For those that haven't seen it, there it is.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »

All wrong.

At 25:10ish one of the guests on the panel asks about why there's a vampire lord statue and they explain that it's going to be the ultimate and literally say it word for word. For those that haven't seen it, there it is.

Yep some people might not know yet that this is coming this year or have not payed attention. I think its neat they are doing it but I wonder if its because people kept asking for it or if someone there actually liked the Vampire Lords in Skyrim and decided why don't we find some way to do this? Hopefully one day they will tell us the inspiration behind the decision. Would be most interesting to find that one out.
    But yes for anyone that doesn't know it yet they are actually adding vampire lords and they did confirm it when they did the Chapter Announcement.
    I would really would recommend watching the live stream as they did confirm it for anyone that hasn't watched it yet. I watched it one reason for the chapter and the other for the bat pet when they had the official announcement early this year.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 10, 2020 9:56AM
    PC NA
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

All wrong.

Yep some people might not know yet that this is coming this year or have not payed attention. I think its neat they are doing it but I wonder if its because people kept asking for it or if someone there actually liked the Vampire Lords in Skyrim and decided why don't we find some way to do this. Hopefully one day they will tell us the inspiration behind the decision. Would be most interesting to find that one out.
    But yes for anyone that doesn't know it yet they are actually adding vampire lords. Its in the Live Stream.

I've been wondering if there was talks too, being that there was an actual model somewhere (I just remember seeing a giant purple-ish pink mess that resembled the VL) in the code and it was brought to light with an addon. I can also kind of seeing it as a throwback to Skyrim, to entice that fanbase of that sort of gameplay. Hard to say until Rich comes out with it.

But I definitely think it's neat that they're going into it. I can't stress enough how bored I get with vampirism on live right now. None of the abilities or the ultimate really works for my playstyle mechanically and hearing them talking about mesmerising NPCs or slashing (which could be a spammable?) made me absolutely giddy with joy. While I'd be happy even without the ult, it's a nice cherry on top.
  • Kombinator
    Kombinator
    ✭✭✭
    My main character in other TES games is vampire for roleplay. So being Vampire in ESO seemed obvious. It also makes easier to explain how the hell he survived all those centuries as a Breton.

As for the changes. We will see how it turns out. But the only thing i would really like to have is some sort of combat feed. As tank main templar. Sneaking around is not exactly my primary skill. And the NPC sleeping AI, and feed on sleeping like other TES games doesn't work either.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

All wrong.

Yep some people might not know yet that this is coming this year or have not payed attention. I think its neat they are doing it but I wonder if its because people kept asking for it or if someone there actually liked the Vampire Lords in Skyrim and decided why don't we find some way to do this. Hopefully one day they will tell us the inspiration behind the decision. Would be most interesting to find that one out.
    But yes for anyone that doesn't know it yet they are actually adding vampire lords. Its in the Live Stream.

I've been wondering if there was talks too, being that there was an actual model somewhere (I just remember seeing a giant purple-ish pink mess that resembled the VL) in the code and it was brought to light with an addon. I can also kind of seeing it as a throwback to Skyrim, to entice that fanbase of that sort of gameplay. Hard to say until Rich comes out with it.

But I definitely think it's neat that they're going into it. I can't stress enough how bored I get with vampirism on live right now. None of the abilities or the ultimate really works for my playstyle mechanically and hearing them talking about mesmerising NPCs or slashing (which could be a spammable?) made me absolutely giddy with joy. While I'd be happy even without the ult, it's a nice cherry on top.

I did figure we would at least see a vampire lord polymorph but more as a cosmetic change then an actual vampire lord like they did with the Werewolf Lord Polymorph. But giving it actual flight or maybe properties that make it look like its flying a couple of feet up in the air I wasn't sure on. To be honest I thought they might have canned the idea but I had hoped it would have come to be something later added in like the Werewolf Lord Polymorph. I wasn't expecting them to make it an actual ultimate though.

To be honest I was thinking it was going to be a guild skill line or a new skill line like sword and rune or something this year. but then someone on the mysterious parchment thread made some mention of them doing vampire lords and the new antiquities system and I wasn't sure on that before the Greymoor chapter official announcement. I doubted we would be getting vampire lords turns out that person had very good sourced information. As he was right about the new system they were adding in and also the vampire lord and said he data mined it. So it might be in the actual data right now. So the new changes could also be in the data somewhere.

Anyways I do hope the Slash attack they mentioned is usable outside of the vampire lord form. But it could even be ultimate exclusive I don't know on that one. It could work like the one Dk skill they have in the game as well. Hopefully Mesmerizing gaze will allow vampires to feed on people or creatures without having to sneak.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 10, 2020 10:46AM
    PC NA
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed
    Vamps need a rework...
    But I can’t help but to expect zos to f it up
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Vampires...Meh

New area to explore.... B)
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

All wrong.

Uh oh Joe, looks like you're the one that is all wrong.

Players *are* getting a vampire-lord transformation for their ultimate. As mentioned above, it is literally said on stream. We won't be joining the VOlkihar clan though, thankfully vampire lord isn't a clan-specific thing.

We know a good bit about the transformation ability too! Like how it's going to be called a Blood Scion, but look very VERY similar to a vampire lord. Some might be able to argue this might be more powerful than the vampire lord we become in Skyrim.

I'd recommend at least watching the live stream before coming in here and calling people wrong, friend. :)
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vamps need a rework...
    But I can’t help but to expect zos to f it up

Well it will be interesting for sure to see what it looks like with the rework. People might be annoyed they have to feed but otherwise I think they will keep the passives the same.
    Either way I think they will still be considered more Viable then Lycanthropes and hopefully lycanthropes can be given some love as well. Since they are also involved with the new chapter.
    PC NA
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    Vampire lore was killed for me when it became the goth teenager Twilight thing a decade ago. I've never been a fan of them in ESO but I do love the Skyrim setting so I'm looking forward to the other aspects of the chapter.

At least it's better than a year of "This one" this and "This one" that. Ugh. Those drippy Russian accents can stay in Elsweyr!
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so HYPED!!! I just do not want the Vampire Lords/Bloodscions to have gold jewelry when you transform into them, that makes no sense. I want a naked malformed vampire lord monster looking model, maybe have some rags logically from your clothes, but please do not have fancy jewelry on the transformation. :#
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flubbles wrote: »
    iiYuki wrote: »
    I think it's silly that everyone will become a vampire lord. A creature rebound for being rare and powerful.
    "Vampire Lords are considered to be the paragon of the species. They are typically pure-blooded vampires who have either received their vampirism through another pure-blooded vampire or Molag Bal himself"

The player does get their vampirism from a pureblooded vampire Lamae is the reason why the player can become a vampire so it will be received from her. This is also the reason they are going to explain why player vampires are going to able to take on the form.

True...but she also says that the the more her strain spreads the more powerful she gets, so I could say she maybe isn't that powerful enough yet to be a "Vampire Lord" until her strain is spread more throughout Tamriel ? Considering the timeline is set in quite early, IMO it wouldn't make much sense. I would think Lamae would become more powerful over time sorta deal.

Its augmenting her power sure and even without all those vampires augmenting her power. Lamae would still be very powerful if not the most powerful of vampires already because of two factors. One shes a Daughter of Coldhabour, Two she is also the first vampire. Given how common the strain is during this era she would likely be at the peak of being one of most powerful vampires in all of Tamriel right now.

She is our introduction to Vampirism so we might never know how truly powerful she is. I really doubt they would ever make it so we have to kill her and we won't because of her role for the vampire quest.
    I'm sure of one thing about her she is powerful and those that underestimate this and cross her die to regret it and likely never make it out alive. The reason why I said Die to regret it instead of live because she could be that deadly of a foe.

I think it would take at least a divine artifact such as Auriel's Bow or the Divine Crusaders relics at least to take her down.

Again being the first does not mean jacks***

Miraak was the First Dragonborn and was not as powerful as the Last Dragonborn.

Why would Vampires be any different? if anything Lamae Bal's clan is less evolved then succeeding clans.

Except Miraak was more powerful than the last Drgonborn.
    You won because Herma Mora favored you and gave you a boost.
    Had he not done that you would have lost

Also Vampires and Dragonborn work totally different from one another
    It is fair to say that within the lore Lamae Bal (who amassed an army of vampires to fight Molag Bal) is one of, if not the most, powerful vampires in Elder Scrolls.
  • Asys
    Asys
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    now vamp gonna be the "new" like WW was some time ago.Bet is gonna be Really great like WW was. Cant believe people still is so stupid jumpin the hype wagon.

now go buy some in the clown store

I need TP for my ***!
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flubbles wrote: »
    iiYuki wrote: »
    I think it's silly that everyone will become a vampire lord. A creature rebound for being rare and powerful.
    "Vampire Lords are considered to be the paragon of the species. They are typically pure-blooded vampires who have either received their vampirism through another pure-blooded vampire or Molag Bal himself"

The player does get their vampirism from a pureblooded vampire Lamae is the reason why the player can become a vampire so it will be received from her. This is also the reason they are going to explain why player vampires are going to able to take on the form.

True...but she also says that the the more her strain spreads the more powerful she gets, so I could say she maybe isn't that powerful enough yet to be a "Vampire Lord" until her strain is spread more throughout Tamriel ? Considering the timeline is set in quite early, IMO it wouldn't make much sense. I would think Lamae would become more powerful over time sorta deal.

Its augmenting her power sure and even without all those vampires augmenting her power. Lamae would still be very powerful if not the most powerful of vampires already because of two factors. One shes a Daughter of Coldhabour, Two she is also the first vampire. Given how common the strain is during this era she would likely be at the peak of being one of most powerful vampires in all of Tamriel right now.

She is our introduction to Vampirism so we might never know how truly powerful she is. I really doubt they would ever make it so we have to kill her and we won't because of her role for the vampire quest.
    I'm sure of one thing about her she is powerful and those that underestimate this and cross her die to regret it and likely never make it out alive. The reason why I said Die to regret it instead of live because she could be that deadly of a foe.

I think it would take at least a divine artifact such as Auriel's Bow or the Divine Crusaders relics at least to take her down.

Again being the first does not mean jacks***

Miraak was the First Dragonborn and was not as powerful as the Last Dragonborn.

Why would Vampires be any different? if anything Lamae Bal's clan is less evolved then succeeding clans.

Oops, wrong again. Sorry to say.

As many others have pointed out and you're seemingly ignoring them.

Nonetheless, it doesn't really matter what your opinion on it is. Stay mad for 0 reason, it's happening regardless.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asys wrote: »
    now vamp gonna be the "new" like WW was some time ago.Bet is gonna be Really great like WW was. Cant believe people still is so stupid jumpin the hype wagon.

now go buy some in the clown store

Well it might be great or even better then werewolf we don't know yet. I do think they might have it buffed up past their standards for a little while but then bring them down later. So we don't know what they are doing with it yet but since they are went out of the way to include and add in Vampire Lords. I do think they do want players to at least play with it.

Hopefully they do buff up Werewolves so they can be as they were before the bleed nerfs and pack leader nerf. So they can be as par as the vampire lord will likely be. So both sides can be happy. Will be interesting to see Vampire Lords vs Werewolves in Batllegrounds.

Or another thing that could be a possibility which I hope isn't the case at least when it comes to werewolves as they should also receive love. Vampire lords could be balanced but still be a far superior transformation not only better but also keeping werewolves as they are now. and maybe they won't do nerfs to the vampire lord if its balanced right. Leaving Werewolves in the dust and peasants to the Vampire Master Condition. Maybe going a more Underworld approach where Vampires are masters and werewolves are peasants or slaves.

Hopefully both transformations will be equally viable. But we will have to wait and see.

Edited by Thevampirenight on February 12, 2020 1:26AM
    PC NA
  • VitaKing
    VitaKing
    ✭✭
    I really wonder if that blood scion form will have horns. I mean Harkon had horns and that model posted here has them too, but LDB did not.