Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So are you guys happy Vampire Lords/Bloodscions are coming to Eso?

• Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed
    I'm more looking forwards to the new vampire abilities than the vampire scion form. Then again since the scion form exists, and I might use it, I'm just hoping they make it look different from the vampire lord form. They have shown off the vampire lords but still no examples of a player becoming the scion. I still have hope!
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    Vevvev wrote: »
    I'm more looking forwards to the new vampire abilities than the vampire scion form. Then again since the scion form exists, and I might use it, I'm just hoping they make it look different from the vampire lord form. They have shown off the vampire lords but still no examples of a player becoming the scion. I still have hope!

They've unfortunately already confirmed that the Scion form is simply the Vampire Lord Form.

It's a shame that they opted for such a Volkihar ripoff, instead of doing something unique. But alas.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes I'm happy about this.

I think it will look the same but the morphs they might have them look different maybe a different color or maybe one has more redish glow to their eyes I can see something like that being done. Something similar to the Werewolf in this regard.
    If they did make cosmetic differences and it doesn't look like a vampire lord in the way it looks. I would be surprised since they said blood scion a vampire lord one of those guys so we know its going to be a form of vampire lord. Going by what they told us.
    Hopefully maybe better wings for the model if anything then the npc versions. But I suspect we won't see that.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed
    Awwwwwwww, well there goes all my hope....

At least we get new abilities and stuff.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »

They've unfortunately already confirmed that the Scion form is simply the Vampire Lord Form.

It's a shame that they opted for such a Volkihar ripoff, instead of doing something unique. But alas.

Well the Volkihar were said to be a form of vampire living under the ice of frozen lakes basically a underwater vampire. Have to be because under the ice is water given how ice fishing works and under solid ice is moving water. Their abilties to phase through ice and grab someone from underneath without breaking it was mentioned in immortal blood. They turned out one able to drown and two not living below the ice of frozen lakes as Immortal blood claimed. Would be interesting if we could actually see the real Volkihar with Greymoor and I'm not talking about Harkon and his lot of vampires but the real mythical Volkihar. But we will not be seeing much of the Volkihar from what they told us.

I do hope they do include them somehow and maybe actually show off their ice phasing abilties. I do think Zenimax has the ability to do the Ice Phasing ability or at least make them appear like they are coming out of Solid Ice. Do to the way the game works might support it better not sure on that but I think they could do this. Making it work like the Corpses being summoned out of the ground by necromancer abilties. But instead Volkihar Vampires coming out from underneath the ice. They could even call them the True Volkihar while Harkon later wiped them out or something and they went extinct and maybe took upon the name Volkihar to explain it. Would be interesting if they did this.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 7, 2020 4:01PM
    PC NA
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awwwwwwww, well there goes all my hope....

At least we get new abilities and stuff.

Well there is still hope till they release it. i wouldn't give it up just yet.
    PC NA
  • Slimebrow
    Slimebrow
    ✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.

Yup just went the Skyrim him route with it. Would have been nicer to have something else. Probably another type of transformation.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flubbles wrote: »

Yup just went the Skyrim him route with it. Would have been nicer to have something else. Probably another type of transformation.

They could have even just done a full skill line for them add in the abilties without adding the vampire lord but I think they might have been playing this for a while now. If this video is any indication.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njEwh9wxOGA
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 7, 2020 4:55PM
    PC NA
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mixed
    I’m not a huge vampire guy, but this looks like it’ll give people extra incentive to become a vamp in game, so I certainly don’t mind it being added. I’ll at least give it a try.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thokri wrote: »
    Vampire is already strong without hardly any negative sides (I mean more fire damage but that can be fixed with cp).

Although my dk loves killing all the vamps I would love him to able to get even more bonuses against blood-suckers.

I want sunlight damage or something that actually would make so that vamps would have both negative and positive sides unlike currently only getting as bonus damage (in form on extra regen).

That's just complete misinformation. Everyone gets reduced damage from CP whether Vamp or not, so any Vamp Character is still going to be taking 25% more damage from fire attacks than a Non-Vamp character.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    At first I thought it would be nice that vampires would get a makeover in ESO, but most of the changes has left much to be desired. The feeding change I could look past, sure it's different from how it works in other TES games but it's a different strain of vampirism, so sure I can roll with that.

But that ugly edgy vampire lord as ultimate? No. Why did they do that? I thought it was so cringey in Skyrim and now they hade doing a copy of it in ESO? Why couldn't they have made something new and unique for the specific vampirism strain we have in ESO?
    Vampire lords are even supposed to be very rare and only for powerful pureblood vampires, something the player is not despite so many people saying they are. No we did not get it from Lamae, we got it from a bloodfiend or other player, the player vampires are not pureblood.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed
    It all depends on how this will be done, but part of me fears that it will be made "too similar" to how WW works in ESO (basically Vampire Lord will work as "Magicka" WW).
    The other concern is balance. If they will be "heavy handed" they may make it too OP, and as a result Vamp will get nerfed hard in near future, like year from now.
  • Slimebrow
    Slimebrow
    ✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    At first I thought it would be nice that vampires would get a makeover in ESO, but most of the changes has left much to be desired. The feeding change I could look past, sure it's different from how it works in other TES games but it's a different strain of vampirism, so sure I can roll with that.

But that ugly edgy vampire lord as ultimate? No. Why did they do that? I thought it was so cringey in Skyrim and now they hade doing a copy of it in ESO? Why couldn't they have made something new and unique for the specific vampirism strain we have in ESO?
    Vampire lords are even supposed to be very rare and only for powerful pureblood vampires, something the player is not despite so many people saying they are. No we did not get it from Lamae, we got it from a bloodfiend or other player, the player vampires are not pureblood.

You know If the ULTI was transforming into a gaint bat I would have been more on board with it but this just feels unnecessary IMO. Sure I like they are getting the reworks but don't copy and paste Skyrim for the sake of whaling more people into this.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mixed
    Excited to try it, not excited to see the literal apex of vampirism brought from legendary beast to commonplace shapeshift. Guess it hinges on how zos does this.
  • RD065
    RD065
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Neither or. I don't do Vampire stuff so it doesn't bother me or concern me.
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate these Flea Dogs, but I'm afraid they might get an upgrade as well.
    200px-ON-npc-Balorgh_02.jpg

Beware of the Werewolf King. >:)
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    iiYuki wrote: »
    I think it's silly that everyone will become a vampire lord. A creature renowned for being rare and powerful.
    "Vampire Lords are considered to be the paragon of the species. They are typically pure-blooded vampires who have either received their vampirism through another pure-blooded vampire or Molag Bal himself"

Oh yeah, meanwhile we're converted by the strongest vampire to ever live. The first ever vampire herself.
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed
    I'm excited for any new content concerning vampires honestly. Especially a skill line rework. I have an itchy feeling this will be nothing more than a magic version of a werewolf. We shall have to see. But my biggest fear is that they will buff the new vampire skill line to get people to get people to buy the update then 3 months later need it to the ground. They have a track record for doing this.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nope, we got it from Lamae. The lore master said it himself, sorry.

That's why you don't get access to the powers until you talk to her.

• Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What people don't understand about the Vestige is they are a immortal anuic daedric like being. A Soul Shriven a daedra but the vestige has anuic properties that allows him/her to instantly reform at wayshrines. Because of their quasi immortal status. They can get the vampires and werewolf diseases but they cannot and I repeat cannot became a vampire or lycanthrope normally the immortal body fights it. Preventing it from happening. So body is at war with itself. Now for vampirism and lycanthropy to take hold with the vestige they have to go to a pure source that can complete it.

This is why the vestige has to go to Lamae to become a vampire and Hircine to become a werewolf. For the vestige to become a vampire fully they have to receive the blood of Lamae. This isn't optional its a requirement because its the only way the Vestige can become a vampire. Same deal with Werewolves they have to go to Hircine and only he can finish off the Vestiges transformation into a werewolf. Given Molag Bal the Father of Vampires status as the main big bad of the Base game. They don't have you go to him for it for obvious reasons. So they have us go to the Mother of Vampires.

Without Lamae the only other way the vestige can be a vampire is to go to other pure blooded vampire's such as Harkon, Serana and Valerica as they would be the only other powerful pure blooded vampires able to do it and also Verendis would likely refuse you outright.
    Since he refused to turn the Barons wife which played a big role in the whole Rivenspire Questline. With out any pure blooded vampires around only other way is Molag bal and well given what the vestige is to him he would just take you back to Coldhabour and place you back into chains or even take you to his personal house to personally torment for all time you for the trouble you caused him. So the vestige can't go to him for help with it for that very reason
    Without any pure blooded vampires or even Molag Bal to do it then the vestige just cannot become a vampire.

Because Lamae gave the vestige her blood she completed the vestiges transformation and because of this the vestige is a pure blooded vampire. Because of the nature of the soul shriven, they can only receive pure blooded vampirism and can't receive any other form of it. As such all Vestige Vampires are also Pure Blooded Vampires.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 7, 2020 8:39PM
    PC NA
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed
    Not really happy or unhappy about it - mostly indifferent. Kind of like I was about the necromancer class. Will I find it fun and interesting? Sure, undoubtedly... but it isn't the sort of thing I really get exited about.

Blackreach on the other hand...
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    For me its not about the vampire, or witch theme. I am interested in the more gothic setting and tone and looking for a home that will reflect that.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    i dont care
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mixed
    It’s a werewolf knockoff now

And an ugly one to boot, at least the dogs can be slightly appealing if you squint
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mixed
    Depends on how its implemented in game.

Personally never really like the whole Vampire Lord transformation added to Skyrim.

I am happy they are reworking the Vampire skill line though but still want to see what the all the changes will be and toying around with them on my character before I make up my mind as to whether I like them or not.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    Noxavian wrote: »

66-661421_jackie-chan-wtf-meme-jackie-chan.png
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No not happy about this.
    I've never liked vampires.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »

66-661421_jackie-chan-wtf-meme-jackie-chan.png

If you're confused by that idk what to tell you.

It's a pretty simple statement with sound logic.
  • devaneiosonho
    devaneiosonho
    ✭✭✭
    Why is being turned by Lamae so unbelievable, people? I don't get it. You really think a normal vampire need the whole ritual thing? Before the ritual we didn't even had powers, just a body afflicted with a disease that never completely took over.

On Daggerfall you DIE before completely turning. Now, on Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim you only need to sleep after some time. It's quite obvious we're not some random vampire.
    Edited by devaneiosonho on February 7, 2020 10:10PM
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    The selling point for me is more forested and snowy areas. Although that nice cgi trailer of the nord smacking the vamp helps ;)
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.