The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would you like ESO to finaly add a Dwarven Race to the game.

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I'm nowhere near a lore guy, but some things need to remain untouched in this game.
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    lore. looks like someone didn't know that such a thing exists :/
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    Lol, everyone talking about Lore and ESO LOLOLOL. Do I need to list list the Lore abuse ESO has done to TES in the last 5+ yrs.

There is a reason why the LOREMASTER left ESO. Lolololol

Furthermore there is NOTHING FROM THE DWEMER EVER REVERSING there disappearing. Where you know it’s been hundreds of years in our time but only minutes to them.

Omg Lore argument lololololol .

Yeah sorry, but it just wouldn't make sense bud. Might as well ad Ninja Assassin's with laser beams for eye balls, and mechanical sharks that launch missiles.

Those sharks would be awesome if they followed you around in a sharknado. I'm thinking 3 hammerheads but makos could work as well.
    Edited by EvilAutoTech on December 12, 2019 11:15PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It is great to see players in such large numbers rejecting the idea because of what the mystery means to TES and the lore of the game.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No.

I'd sooner play a Falmer
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    idk wrote: »
    It is great to see players in such large numbers rejecting the idea because of what the mystery means to TES and the lore of the game.

And why is that?
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that poll didn't go as OP was hoping. :D
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Royaji wrote: »

And why do you say that?
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And why do you say that?

That.
    I would love to be able to play as a Dwarf
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Yes

And why do you say that?

That.

That what? How do you know what my goal was for posting that poll? It's obvious that you have nothing to add to this discussion. So go troll elsewhere. :D
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And why do you say that?

That.

That what? How do you know what my goal was for posting that poll? It's obvious that you have nothing to add to this discussion. So go troll elsewhere. :D

Ok, dad... :'(
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Well maybe not on Tamriel....but maybe where they all ended up??......the lore is not fully written to what happened to them. Could of been lock away on another part of Nirn or a seperate part of Mundus/Aetherius/Oblivion.....we won't know till be get hit in the face with it...

Then we all will be like....

giphy.gif

@Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    No.

I'd sooner play a Falmer

You would have to play with your eyes shut, you know, just to make it authentic. :wink:

Unless you mean some of the unaffected who managed to slip away from the clutches of the Dwemer during the betrayal and slavery. I don't know how many snow elves actually survived, you do meet 2 in Skyrim (one is a vampire) but Knight-paladin Gelebor did hint it's possible more of his people survived. But saying that, it would still be really odd to see a sudden huge influx of snow elves everywhere.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Why? They don't exist anymore. The ones that do are trapped in Oblivion or something.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The Dwemer are all around you, especially when you're wandering around the ruins of their cities and outposts — you just don't realize it.

How? you ask. When the Dwemer vanished, their corporeal forms were destroyed, but their souls were not. Instead, their souls were forced into the cold, metallic forms of their constructs — and that's where they remain to this day, powering their steampunk creations in a manner they likely never envisioned.

It also explains why the Dwemer constructs are so aggressive when you enter their domains.

:)
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

Lol! Those are midget nords not the superior mer race
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Im all in favor for more races and classes, even if its just a cosmetic option for character builds when it comes to races. I think more variety will always enrich the rpg experience.
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If you want to play a dwarf like race, we have that in Eso, Its called an Orc. Orcs are the closet thing we will ever get to playable Dwarves.

Orc are not they are mostly like
    https://youtu.be/XpqtkuEnH40

The ugliest and savage race of mer...
  • Turgenev
    Turgenev
    ✭✭✭
    No to a playable race.
    Yes... to some options.

I'd quite like to see a flashback quest to the Battle of Red Mountain, where the events take place around you while you pursue a separate objective. You could be there to witness what's in lore first hand, until the Dwemer poof to ash. I'd like that ability to witness where happened to ADD to the mystery, not take away from it. A glimpse of that mechanical god... Hoooie.

Oh, and maybe a skin. That could be neat letting players make their own Dwemer-themed toon a bit more closely/easily. :)
    Turgenev || PS | COH | STO | TSW | ESOProud Member of IRON Phoenix
    "Remember. You chose this death." - Lucifer
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel the outfit and costume system would become an ill fitting nightmare
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, because they are extinct at the time that ESO takes place.

Even if they made a game in the timeline when they were alive I am not sure that is a good idea. Part of what makes them so interesting is that they are history and we only know bits and pieces, and we need to make some theory about how they really lived.

If they make them alive then that mystery part dissapears.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Member berries time,
    latest?cb=20150226094659

Yagrum Bagarn is a resident of the Corprusarium and the last known living Dwemer. He is infected with Corprus, and can only move around with the help of a modified Centurion Spider's lower half. He is a good friend of Divayth Fyr, a powerful and ancient mage who oversees the Corprusarium and Tel Fyr. Yagrum is also the author of Tamrielic Lore.
    History

During the First Era, Yagrum Bagarn was a Master Crafter working for the Dwemer Chief Tonal Architect Kagrenac. When the Numidium was activated in 1E 700, it caused the Disappearance of the Dwemer. Bagarn was in an undescribed Outer Realm at the time and was not affected.[1]

He later returned to Nirn and went to Vvardenfell. At some point, he contracted Corprus, which caused his body to deform and bloat and went under the care of Divayth Fyr.[2] He still researches about what happened to his race, although so far without success. He has recorded his work in the hope that it may be of some benefit to other Tamrielic races

Basically we can meet HIM and perhaps some other if we so happen to hall in some other plane of existence.
  • The_Drop_Bear
    The_Drop_Bear
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Would you like to see a Dwarven or the Dwemer race get added to ESO? We know there are Dwarven ruins in the game. I would love to be able to play as a Dwarf :)

I think its funny seeing so many folk commenting with views the the effect of "no, they dont exist any more in lore, they are from the past".

As if ESO does not exist in a world of magic, multiple dimensions, spirits, gods... but nah, bringing the Dwemer back would be totally unrealistic!

Dragons vanished. Now they are back. It really isnt an issue to bring back the Dwemer in some form, should ESO/ZOS wish to, they can create a fitting story arc and explanation to do so I am sure.

Personally I do not feel strongly about it either way. But I have always wanted to know what happened and always thought it was strange that ESO locked out one of the fantasy genres main races from its game.

In the Bethesda anniversary stream last year Todd straight up said they are not bringing the dwemer back as it is better to leave them as a mystery.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Would you like to see a Dwarven or the Dwemer race get added to ESO? We know there are Dwarven ruins in the game. I would love to be able to play as a Dwarf :)

No:
    1. They are gone from Tamriel, all but one
    2. They look exactly like ALTMER as they are same race as Altmer and Chimer.
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    It's bad enough to have dragons in 2E, don't ruin the lore anymore.
    I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    366 votes so far, OP touched in some serious taboo topic. :D
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    EIGHTS wrote: »
    The Redguard game featured a dragon (Nafaalilargus, to be exact) and also took place in the Second Era. This would mean that ES lore was ruined as early as 1998 ;).
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Undecided
    Yes. All kinds of yes. I role-play that anyway as it is.

But no. It wouldn't really be that impactful or meaningful in Elder Scrolls Online. Especially since they wouldn't add the beards. THE BEARDS!
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    EIGHTS wrote: »
    The Redguard game featured a dragon (Nafaalilargus, to be exact) and also took place in the Second Era. This would mean that ES lore was ruined as early as 1998 ;).

The reported scattered presence of a handful of dragons on Tamriel is a very different thing to them being present everywhere in numbers, and seen by everyone.

Presence =/= abundance.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

I think its funny seeing so many folk commenting with views the the effect of "no, they dont exist any more in lore, they are from the past".

As if ESO does not exist in a world of magic, multiple dimensions, spirits, gods... but nah, bringing the Dwemer back would be totally unrealistic!

Dragons vanished. Now they are back. It really isnt an issue to bring back the Dwemer in some form, should ESO/ZOS wish to, they can create a fitting story arc and explanation to do so I am sure.

Personally I do not feel strongly about it either way. But I have always wanted to know what happened and always thought it was strange that ESO locked out one of the fantasy genres main races from its game.

It's not a fantasy main race in this case though. The Dwemer are not short fat people that are great smiths. They are just another form of elf that lived in cities, a lot of the time underground for isolation and research ( and being near power sources).

They most likely looked like the Chimer/Aldmer with golden skins.

This is the ghost of one of their blacksmiths

TR-creature-Radac_Stungnthumz.jpg
    Edited by LMar on December 13, 2019 4:54PM
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"