The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you like ESO to finaly add a Dwarven Race to the game.

• cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Absolutely not. It would be the most lore breaking thing they could possibly do. Maybe add more information about them but add them as a playable? No way.
  • Lazarus_Rising
    Lazarus_Rising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    i love that so many people say no to that! The spirit of the elder scrolls fans is still alive and kicking :)
    also known as Overlich.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nah. I've been playing this franchise since Arena released, and really don't want the mystery solved in any way at all.
  • Perdums
    Perdums
    ✭✭
    No
    Watchdog wrote: »
    what is next? The return of the Aedra? Plasma cannons? Spaceships?

You're literally talking about one of Kirkbride's c0da
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Just like someone else said ... just try to fake your Dwemer...
    ...even quick and dirty...
    6sHHA1J.jpg
    ...might...
    cnwa0Os.jpg
    ...be...
    0ZDbkXa.jpg
    ...possible.
    WXR9t7i.jpg
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    6sHHA1J.jpg
    ...might...
    cnwa0Os.jpg
    ...be...
    0ZDbkXa.jpg
    ...possible.
    WXR9t7i.jpg

600px-MW-creature-Dagoth_Ur.jpg
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Not ESO. If the Dwemer are added to the Elder Scrolls universe at all, they would have to be added as a part of the core Elder Scrolls series.
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No.

The Dwemer should remain a mystery.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Nah. They got raptured.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Absolutely Not!
  • UglyTriangle
    UglyTriangle
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Nope. Leave it the way it is.
    Bobo the Cowardly | Warden | Healer/MagDPS
    Spooky-Scary-Skeletons | Necromancer | MagDPS
    Incoherent-Screeching | Nightblade | MagDPS
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Even if they were around, they would probably be antagonists. They weren't the nicest race, to put it mildly. Just ask the Falmer. And, please people, TES Dwemer were NOT short. This isn't a Tolkien fantasy game.

Now that I think about it, the Ayleids were the only race worse than the Dwemer.
    Various settlements became famous for their particular, elaborate method of torturing their slaves, such as "wailing wheels", "gut gardens", "flesh-sculptures", and forced ingestion of hallucinogenic Drugs, as well as nighttime "tiger sport", which involved the immolation of human children.
    Source
    Edited by The_Lex on December 12, 2019 3:31PM
  • Vanathil
    Vanathil
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Well, I don't want the whole race to come back because of lore, and definitely not as playable race, but I voted for yes because I would like to see a main quests that give some clues, visions or some sort that would probably lead for further questions, but also getting an exciting twist for the story :p
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, everyone talking about Lore and ESO LOLOLOL. Do I need to list list the Lore abuse ESO has done to TES in the last 5+ yrs.

There is a reason why the LOREMASTER left ESO. Lolololol

Furthermore there is NOTHING FROM THE DWEMER EVER REVERSING there disappearing. Where you know it’s been hundreds of years in our time but only minutes to them.

Omg Lore argument lololololol .
    Edited by jazsper77 on December 12, 2019 3:50PM
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I say no because it would terribly spoil the sense of mistery around the dwemer race and ruins BUT since ZOS gives a crap about lore and mistery because of $$ (i.e Dragons) then we might have them lol
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    No.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    6sHHA1J.jpg
    ...might...
    cnwa0Os.jpg
    ...be...
    0ZDbkXa.jpg
    ...possible.
    WXR9t7i.jpg

On a little offtopic I wanted to ask where you people got the idea that the Dwemer had a similar skin color to Dunmer.

On all of the content provided by the game devs they seem to have pale, maybe a little yellowish skin (similar to Altmer, Chimer and Ayelid). Just look at Yagrum Bagarn.
    350?cb=20130121174340&path-prefix=pl
    The ghosts also seem pretty pale:
    latest?cb=20150308164851
    And the concept art doesn't have any shading on skin (although I get it could be argued that it's due to it being only a sketch):
    latest?cb=20170514011937

The blue skinned Dwemer from the second post in this thread are just some fanart interpretation. Or am I terribly wrong?
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Michae wrote: »
    6sHHA1J.jpg
    ...might...
    cnwa0Os.jpg
    ...be...
    0ZDbkXa.jpg
    ...possible.
    WXR9t7i.jpg

On a little offtopic I wanted to ask where you people got the idea that the Dwemer had a similar skin color to Dunmer.

On all of the content provided by the game devs they seem to have pale, maybe a little yellowish skin (similar to Altmer, Chimer and Ayelid). Just look at Yagrum Bagarn.
    latest?cb=20150308164851
    And the concept art doesn't have any shading on skin (although I get it could be argued that it's due to it being only a sketch):
    latest?cb=20170514011937

The blue skinned Dwemer from the second post in this thread are just some fanart interpretation. Or am I terribly wrong?

PS. No that I think of it, why don't we see Dwemer ghosts anymore? They were there in TESIII, but we didn't see them in TESV or ESO.

PS to PS. Sorry, I accidentally quoted myself instead of editing my post. ;(
    Edited by Michae on December 12, 2019 4:19PM
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    No, dwemer are dead. Check the lore.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    wild_kmacdb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No playable dwemer. Although I must admit, a chapter with them as the focus would be fascinating...
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes

"So be the person in Tamriel whom you want to be, coming from the culture you want to role-play, with the belief system that best expresses your character’s personality and background. Whoever you want to be, there’s a place for you here. The lore is yours"

Hey, one can dream...

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoraxFlux wrote: »
    "So be the person in Tamriel whom you want to be, coming from the culture you want to role-play, with the belief system that best expresses your character’s personality and background. Whoever you want to be, there’s a place for you here. The lore is yours"

Hey, one can dream...

That bit of the Loremaster's farewell should probably come with a disclaimer like "No, you can't actually be the Dragonborn because that would render the entire Planemeld and Daedric Wars arc moot the moment you headed into the Imperial City to relight the dragonfires..."

In other words, in its context, "the lore is yours" isn't a statement that you can or should be able to do whatever you want with the lore. Its an acknowledgment that the way we play TES games as fans has an impact on future installments.

So yeah, in one sense, begging for a Dwemer playable race might have an impact on future installments.
    So might everyone begging NOT to have a Dwemer playable race.

The Loremaster's letter: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55715
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 12, 2019 5:26PM
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    There are other races I would rather see, like the maormer or that weird monkey species who are try to imitate elves (can't remember the name).
    Lamias would be pretty awesome as well, just because I would like to slither around smashing people with my tail.

But I think that if they ever will add a new race it would be one from akavir, they exist and they have traveled to tamriel before so it wouldn't be too lore breaking.
    Edited by Freakin_Hytte on December 12, 2019 5:52PM
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Nope, the lore does not allow it.
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    A very big part of what makes Dwemer so interesting is the mystery behind their disappearance. It'd just make no sense for them to come back, especially since the main TES titles take place after ESO.
    | PC / EU |
    | Aspen Greystag, Khajiit Warden, Frosty boi |
    | Healer, Tank, Damage dealer |
    | CP: 1800 |
    | Guilds: Officer at Meridia's Light |
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    why dont u look at the success of the imperial race before adding anymore purchasable races
  • Guyle
    Guyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Michae wrote: »
    6sHHA1J.jpg
    ...might...
    cnwa0Os.jpg
    ...be...
    0ZDbkXa.jpg
    ...possible.
    WXR9t7i.jpg

latest?cb=20150308164851
    latest?cb=20170514011937

Lol the ghost seems pretty pale? Might be because its a ghost. I think you need to get your eyes checked, because both of those images have a distinctly bluish tint common to dark elves. As for why they seem lighter than your average Dunmer, I would have thought one being a ghost and partially see through wouldv'e needed no explanation, but Yagrum Bagarn was afflicted with Corprus disease, which decidedly altered the physical appearance of those that carried it. It even turned some Dunmer into yellowish Elephant Man zombies.

Also, this https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dwemer
  • Xzysts
    Xzysts
    ✭✭✭
    Undecided
    I'd just like to see them in the game similar to how yagrum bagarn was in Morrowind. Like just to see some more of the Dwemer like him that were in different realms would be cool. Maybe we could see one escape from a soul gem? or be in a soul gem and we discover him somehow. Kinda how like that guy trapped himself in one in Skyrim because he wanted to live forever...
    -Goblinu_ESO on YouTube
    Community Discord: hK4dFwE7zZ
    All-class player w/over 5,000 hours across multiple platforms
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    But ESO could explain how Fyr find Bagarn o:)
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    Lol, everyone talking about Lore and ESO LOLOLOL. Do I need to list list the Lore abuse ESO has done to TES in the last 5+ yrs.

There is a reason why the LOREMASTER left ESO. Lolololol

Furthermore there is NOTHING FROM THE DWEMER EVER REVERSING there disappearing. Where you know it’s been hundreds of years in our time but only minutes to them.

Omg Lore argument lololololol .

Yeah sorry, but it just wouldn't make sense bud. Might as well ad Ninja Assassin's with laser beams for eye balls, and mechanical sharks that launch missiles.
    Edited by Goregrinder on December 12, 2019 10:22PM