The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Do you consider the new pet p2w

spartaxoxo
spartaxoxo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
And do you have ESO+

Do you consider the new pet p2w 574 votes

Yes, and I have ESO+
15%
Gadamlub14_ESOkennethkatalxaraanIruil_ESOmartinhpb16_ESOaubrey.baconb16_ESOp_tsakirisb16_ESOeovogtb16_ESOIselinnoob in denialSheezabeastGarpleyrelentlessyouthofficialneb18_ESOOmniDoGTech_1Linaleahsly007OlivianderHidesFromSunAdernath 90 votes
Yes, and I don't have ESO+
5%
fastolfv_ESOWhiteCoatSyndromeivanakamarkusHuyenRi_KhanEnOeZHvzedaFfastylTwylaazykOrjixLuckylancerNevascaInaya1MizaelWoodenHeartElectrone_MagnusEchoirVarsojrumple9Fiedelstrich 29 votes
No, and I have ESO+
63%
SirAndyGloryConduit0Saladinchuck-18_ESOSolarikennexxus_ESOGilvothhuntgod_ESOvailjohn_ESOtheyanceyRykothOakmontowls_ESOGalenck37090Acrolascalitrumanb14_ESOInklingsdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOdcam86b14_ESO 363 votes
No, and I don't have ESO+
12%
Nyteshadestevenyaub16_ESOAlienSlofeklhaftb16_ESOdennissomb16_ESOblacksabsub17_ESOGlurinPudinShareeMasty_Spyfalcasternub18_ESOIdinusedem0n1kEdaphonDuskrulerAarlurAnhedonieReverbyRavenvonScuzzman 74 votes
IDK/Prefer not to answer
3%
skriggerElsonsoMasterSpatulaBludAcharnorFearlessOne_2014xxthir13enxxLadyNalcaryaBallcapanadandybrimstone74ZeroXFFd3adpainZacuelArgonianwerecroc212IlisionGnome_SaiyanGrimTheReaper45 18 votes
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are we talking about here? New pet? What does it do?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, and I have ESO+
    Please explain how 5 extra inventory slots is P2W.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leepalmer95

It increases your inventory slots by 5.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, and I have ESO+
    It's not strictly P2W but it's the beginning of the journey towards it. ZOS will see the acceptance of this and will put more and more things in the Crown Store which give the player some kind of advantage in the future no doubt.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    @leepalmer95

It increases your inventory slots by 5.

Its not p2w, but its stlll scummy af.

Nice to know that pets are no longer just cosmetics.

Next you'll see a mount that gives an extra 10% movement speed.
    PS4 EU DC

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, and I have ESO+
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

Because some people want to complain about the smallest things and twist P2W to fit their complaint.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Because some people want to complain about the smallest things and twist P2W to fit their complaint.

Because some people don't like the direction the game could take if people end up ok with this. It's not p2w, yet.
    PS4 EU DC

• myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly do you win with this 5 slots? It helps you to do Malestorm Arena? You can solo a trial? It makes you an Emperor? Maybe you start to DPS like a god? No? So, what do you win at all?
  • WilhelmTheSlayer
    Yes, and I have ESO+
    It's definitely a start and more will come.
    StamDK DD Nord

PC/EU
  • Memnock
    Memnock
    ✭✭✭
    No, and I have ESO+
    I am so confused , how does 5 extra slots of inventory help you win ? P2W would be an item in the coin shop that helps you in pvp or pve ( dungeons , raids , world bosses etc ) do 5% more dmg , on top of the existing gear that that can obtained in the game , or if they streit up sell the damn sets on the cash shop , but with an added boost.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Years of whining: ZOS, make those pets somehow useful!!!
    Outcome: a pet of a negligeable use, just 5 slots changing nothing at all, and new wave of whining: It's a pay to win!!! We don't want it!!!
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Im not mental
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    myskyrim26 wrote: »
    Outcome: a pet of a negligeable use, just 5 slots changing nothing at all, and new wave of whining: It's a pay to win!!! We don't want it!!!

Yes defend your purchase!

Ignore the bigger picture of the direction zos seem to be going. This is just the beginning.

The fact you consider pets before as useless means you missed the point of them, they were cosmetic's only. Same as mounts/ costumes.

Soon there will be mounts giving extra speed, costumes giving more hp.
    PS4 EU DC

• Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and I don't have ESO+

Extra advantage you have on other players that have no means to acquiring other than paying real life. Sounds P2W to me. Same for craftbag, extra character slots and so on. This is why you ESO players get jack *** from this company. You accept any kind of mini-transactions and empower their behaviour.

ESO was really close to becoming F76 fiasco. Don't let bethesda actually try it.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, and I have ESO+
    idk wrote: »

Because some people don't like the direction the game could take if people end up ok with this. It's not p2w, yet.

This is not even close to what P2W is and it is a real stretch to suggest Zos is headed that way. So you are basically supporting what I already said.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes defend your purchase!

Ignore the bigger picture of the direction zos seem to be going. This is just the beginning.

The fact you consider pets before as useless means you missed the point of them, they were cosmetic's only. Same as mounts/ costumes.

Soon there will be mounts giving extra speed, costumes giving more hp.

I didn't buy the boar yet, but I will definitely do it - the boar is a perfect COSMETIC pet for upcoming Skyrim. As for 5 slots - my inventory is 150 now, I can barely fill even without ESO+.
  • Strike_Maximus
    Strike_Maximus
    ✭✭✭
    No, and I have ESO+
    More Inventory space is not pay to win.
    If more inventory space is pay to win how is it helping you win? Oh, now that I can carry 5 more things now I get a free pass to win all the BGs, complete all the dungeons and do all the trials by myself!
    People will always run fast to find something to accuse of P2W. At this rate, people will stat accusing crown crates as pay to win because oh this apex mount looks a certain way and when I use it in PVP I can not be seen very well or some bull like that.
    PC/NA/DC

CP 810
    Garin Maximus, Breton, Dragonknight, Confused (Crafter)
    Vertalius Maximus, Imperial, Templar, Tank
    Vistilia Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, Healer
    Stormproof - Rowlan Maximus, Breton, Pet Sorc, DPS (MAIN)
    Theottus Maximus, Imperial, Stam night blade, DPS
    Stedus Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, DPS
    Dexion Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Necromancer, DPS
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO+ is already pay to win in some capacity, if you consider the time saved playing the inventory minigame. But that's ok because you have various levels of skills required to clear whichever part of the game you're into, and the player skills plus character gear/CP is more important in achieving stuff IG. So ESO is, at least right now, not P2W in any real capacity from Zeni's side.
    Only real factors that can count are latency and FPS, but these are (at least partly) on the player's side.
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and I have ESO+
    ITS NOT P2W IN regards to power but to gold making / gear collecting / materials for pots all necessary parts of the game to be at your full potential
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on November 10, 2019 10:45AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally see it as a step down from p2w. The crafting bag is somewhat p2w because it significantly transforms your experience and allows for way more build experimentation without compromising your ability to make coins from arguably the best method of doing so, which is writs/mats. The gameplay advantages a subscription offers is significant.

This option requires no ongoing payment like the craft bag and doesn't provide a significant savings in time if you skip it. It's actually what a nice convenience item looks like since it doesn't significantly alter your game experience. The same can't be said of ESO+
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 10, 2019 10:47AM
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ITS NOT P2W IN regards to power but to gold making / gear collecting / materials for pots all necessary parts of the game to be at your full potential

ESO+, the Banker and the Merchant assistants are P2W IN regards to gold making, not the poor 5 slots thing.
    Edited by myskyrim26 on November 10, 2019 10:47AM
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The boar is giftable that means that 360k gold is the regular price of the new pet. Don't tell me you are not capable of making 360k gold. Just by doing daily writts on all characters every day will grant you that in a week.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and I have ESO+

ESO+, the Banker and the Merchant assistants are P2W IN regards to gold making, not the poor 5 slots thing.

Your 100% right here too see the trend
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and I have ESO+

It'ss between P2W and P2Conveniance.

Simple, you've to pay for it and you can't have it other way (P2W).
    For the moment it's only 5 invo place (P2C), but if people just blindly said "it's ok" we all know how it going to be later, it the same in every mmo when the community start to accept these thing.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, and I have ESO+
    The interesting question for me would be: With this purchase, can the player exceed his max inventory slots (of 110 I believe)?
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and I have ESO+
    BoraxFlux wrote: »
    The interesting question for me would be: With this purchase, can the player exceed his max inventory slots (of 110 I believe)?

YES
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IDK/Prefer not to answer
    I don't know what p2w is anymore.

Just know you guys love to debate what is and isn't p2w.

The rest of us start to roll out eyes and see that you people just argue for the sake of arguing.
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, and I have ESO+
    P2W no

but it is scummy as ***

kinda why i refuse to buy it out of princible

Plus this kinda screams "testing the waters" when it comes to this sorta thing...if the hog goes well then next comes something a little..stronger...say, a hat that gives you +10% at higher rarity drops from crafting nodes...from there, a costume that increases your magicka recovery by 2%..and so on...and so on until eveutally you end up with full on sword of +10,000 weapon damage vaiable now for only 6,000 crowns
    Edited by notyuu on November 10, 2019 2:36PM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and I have ESO+
    Zacuel wrote: »
    I don't know what p2w is anymore.

Just know you guys love to debate what is and isn't p2w.

The rest of us start to roll out eyes and see that you people just argue for the sake of arguing.

Buying anything that gives an advantage over anyone who doesn't buy something that betters you in any aspect of the game
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on November 10, 2019 10:59AM
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, and I have ESO+
    Not pay to win, but maybe a bit unsensitive, yes.
    Anyway, if you have inventory problems, 5 slots are not going to change your life.

P2W would be increasing sustain, damage, resistance, or gold gained.