The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Power Surge Change?

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    No radius? What’s the range on the allied heals?

we dont know, the skill doesnt work yet. -
    Power Surge: This ability now triggers off any Critical Strike, instead of only Critical Damage and continues to grant Major Sorcery. The tooltip also mentions its work in progress functionality, which currently is disabled. Please see the known issue section for further details.

Power Surge’s new functionality is incomplete, and will not target allies when it activates. This will be resolved in a future update.

RogueShark wrote: »
    "This heal now heals in an area of effect around you, and can trigger off of any critical strike, rather than only critical damage. Also grants major sorcerery."

So yeah. Way to hugely miss the mark, ZoS. First of all, no mention how much of an 'area around you', but it's focused on you... so GG for using it to supplement kite healing or either healer role in vAS+2. It's also RNG based on crit, which is not a stat healers pump.

Boggles my mind how they can consider this an acceptable 'supplement' for sorc healers.

healers have 30-40% crit and when you are healing groups and have wall down, that is plenty to have the skill proc every second. my mag sorc dps only has ~50% and it heals very consistently. kind of wish tasear was still around to get her thoughts on sorcs getting a group hot after all this time.
  • TheInfernalRage
    TheInfernalRage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    the new tooltips from the pts-

QjcH3Oj.jpg

Thanks mate.

Also, this is the dumbest thing i've ever seen.
    This is significantly worse than the mag blade refreshing path meta. No healers required.

I think by now we should already get the idea that ZOS is trying to get rid of the discrete healer function in a group play. The healer role is currently undergoing a pass and we may have to change paradigm as to what exactly is ZOS transforming the former healer role into. Maybe they'll change it to Support Role instead.
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    It still need to add radious to see if it totally sucks, or not so much.

With Major Sorcery now coming from Soultrap, the skill loses half ot its uses. Being so expensive... could still be used as the magsorc heal?

The question: for PvE which kind of healing will a magsorc find? Options:

- Shield + surge? Seems expensive as hell and again 2 slots. How will it be able to be sustained? Stamsorcs will just use Vigor which is cheap as hell and almost as effective as both Shield and surge, for 4k less resources and 1 GCD less.

- Matriarch healing? Still not cheap at 3k mag, 2 slots for just a heal (the DPS will be minimal).

- Resto staff abilities? Can a PvE Sorc really afford to "lose/waste" 5 skill slots for having heals?

I just need to really wait for the patch go live and see the options. At this time, i dont find any that really fits magsorc the same way, or close to, that Vigor will do for stamsorc.

Oh, stamsorc players, check:
    - better DPS than magsorcs
    - better selfhealing,
    - better survability thanks to better resists,
    - more dodges/blocks/break free

...and now the same lack of identity as magsorc: close to zero :D same class skills used than a magsorc.
    Edited by Saril_Durzam on July 29, 2019 10:07PM
  • RivenEsq
    RivenEsq
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think this ability looks good for healing sorcs as long as the radius is large enough. I'm excited for its PvP group support applications as well, since I already did decent healing with a backbar resto staff, and this should be even better since I ran it for self-sustain anyway. Hopefully they can find a way to make it work properly before live so that it can actually get tested...
    Cheers,
    Ryan "RivenEsq" Reynolds
    CEO & Founder of [KG] Knight Gaming
    @RivenEsq
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They'll probably make it 5 meters and comment that other players are often not that close, like they did with Splitting Soultrap.
    You know, because stacking is more rare in PvP.
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and yeah, ZoS is utterly destroying healers as a role in the game. Please stop giving DDs heals.
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    healers have 30-40% crit and when you are healing groups and have wall down, that is plenty to have the skill proc every second. my mag sorc dps only has ~50% and it heals very consistently. kind of wish tasear was still around to get her thoughts on sorcs getting a group hot after all this time.

It's going to strongly depend on how large the 'area' around the caster is, as the heal is based from where the caster is standing. That position is not always in or near group. It's still not an on-demand, reliable skill, and it's just something you get to just throw on and forget about until it's running out. Not proccing when you need it? Well, not your problem, you can't really help it. Fire and forget. Super fun gameplay.
    And, as another poster pointed out, it's stepping back towards the old NB refreshing path DD-offhealing.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the....ok. ZOS needs a capital investment to purchase a new drawing board. Going back to the old one isn't cutting it
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turning this into an aoe heal is going to make 3 dps dungeon groups even stronger. And grouped sorcs in pvp basically have vigor now.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whoah. It offers sorcery AND brutality? So a stam sorc dps will be laying down 2500 heals per second to the group.

Pretty darned nice.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorcs are going to be able to proc this off vigor and rally crits too. Stam sorc healing is going to be insane with these changes
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's too funny.

If ZoS just officially would come out and say they are killing the healer role - these changes will make a lot more sense.

Also, why did you nerf NB's off heals with funnel to fix the problem of doing good passive healing while you do damage and then add it as an AoE to sorcs doing crits? Seems like someone, especially if anyone was involved in the reasoning behind that changed, should have put a hand up in that meeting.

If you want to help a sorc heal as a role using the fact they are a sorc, give them an actual heal to cast or something, don't tie an AoE heal to just doing damage(crits).
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

QjcH3Oj.jpg

Lmfao i can see it now a swarm of stam sorcs taking vet dungeons and trials all running power spamming aoe crits all infinitely healing eachother love it!
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Stam sorcs are going to be able to proc this off vigor and rally crits too. Stam sorc healing is going to be insane with these changes

Agree.

Was wondering about this in one of my guildchats, i still have two race change tokens, maybe it´s time to leave the magsorc and make it stamsorc, too many advantages and the only real disadvantage, class identity, will be equaled with so many general skills on magsorc bars.

Too bad Q4 will bring passives overhaul and i feel Sorcs will get (again) nerfed there. Stamsorc faring great due most stamina classes using general skills, and sorc passives are good.

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i am in awe of all the people saying that this change is going to make the dps meta worse. i mean, what sorc has power surge on their bars? i mean i have it but i am a cheapo, most dps sorc will not have the bar space to run it to get the best dps.

look at all the parses for the new pact, you will be losing a ton of dps because you not be able to slot one of the newly buffed dots for it.

i mean, look at this parse-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6mho25B63I

all the skills there are doing at least 7% dps. are you willing to drop at least 7% dps as a dps to run this skill?
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on July 29, 2019 10:35PM
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭

QjcH3Oj.jpg

Lmfao i can see it now a swarm of stam sorcs taking vet dungeons and trials all running power spamming aoe crits all infinitely healing eachother love it!

OMG, our time has finally come.

Even if it is just for one week on PTS and with a non-functional skill :D
    Yes.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »

QjcH3Oj.jpg

Thanks mate.

This is significantly worse than the mag blade refreshing path meta. No healers required.

Path of Darkness was a skill NBs had slotted anyway. Respeccing to Refreshing Path was a minor DPS loss for a major healing gain.

Sorcs don't have Power Surge slotted in most raid builds except places where they have to survive without a healer. They're going to have to drop a skill, which will be a significant DPS loss in this new all-DoT meta.
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭

we dont know, the skill doesnt work yet. -
    Power Surge: This ability now triggers off any Critical Strike, instead of only Critical Damage and continues to grant Major Sorcery. The tooltip also mentions its work in progress functionality, which currently is disabled. Please see the known issue section for further details.

Power Surge’s new functionality is incomplete, and will not target allies when it activates. This will be resolved in a future update.

RogueShark wrote: »
    "This heal now heals in an area of effect around you, and can trigger off of any critical strike, rather than only critical damage. Also grants major sorcerery."

So yeah. Way to hugely miss the mark, ZoS. First of all, no mention how much of an 'area around you', but it's focused on you... so GG for using it to supplement kite healing or either healer role in vAS+2. It's also RNG based on crit, which is not a stat healers pump.

Boggles my mind how they can consider this an acceptable 'supplement' for sorc healers.

I have him in a trial guild. Can ask
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Easy fix for those concerned.

Surge:
    • Invoke Meridia's name to gain Major Brutality and Major Sorcery, increasing your Weapon Damage and Spell Damage by 20% for 33 seconds.
    • While active, dealing a Critical Strike heals you for 2000 Health. This effect can occur once every 1 second.
    • Add Major Sorcery to base ability.

Crit Surge:
    • Invoke Meridia's name to gain Major Brutality and Major Sorcery, increasing your Weapon Damage and Spell Damage by 20% for 33 seconds.
    • While active, dealing a Critical Strike heals you for 3300 Health. This effect can occur once every 1 second.
    • Morph: Increased healing.

Power Surge:
    • While active, activating a Critical Heal, heals you and your allies for 2550 Health within 15m of yourself. This effect can occur once every 1 second.
    • Morph: Reduces cost and heals in a 15m area around yourself, but only activated from other critical healing sources.

This is basically a similar balance to the Vigor Morphs. 1 For self healing, 1 for group healing, removing damage and focusing on crit healing means power surge is semi-exclusive to healers. Make all morphs give Major Sorcery and Brutality. All morphs should dynamically scale with highest stats.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^did you just make that up?
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^did you just make that up?

Sorry if that wasn't clear. That's just a proposition.

It's too hard for ZOS to write clear patch notes so I see the confusion lol.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, looks really powerful but highly depends on radius / range.

Reminds me of Necro‘s Tether healing skill.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think I've ever heard the term "activating a critical strike". New players won't be able to tell the difference.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait. You're telling me that after nerfing the magblade DD's group heal potential with the gutting of Funnel and making Refreshing Path do not damage, they're going to give sorc DDs a group healing potential greater than what magblades had pre-Nerfmire?

ROTFL
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ccmedaddy wrote: »

Absent this change or some other, sorcerers are useless in groups in Update 23. So I like the possibility that playing my sorcerers will actually make sense.

• Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i am in awe of all the people saying that this change is going to make the dps meta worse. i mean, what sorc has power surge on their bars? i mean i have it but i am a cheapo, most dps sorc will not have the bar space to run it to get the best dps.

look at all the parses for the new pact, you will be losing a ton of dps because you not be able to slot one of the newly buffed dots for it.

i mean, look at this parse-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6mho25B63I

all the skills there are doing at least 7% dps. are you willing to drop at least 7% dps as a dps to run this skill?

Yes. I'd drop 7% of my dps to run 2 tanks and 10 dps.
    That build is a skelly warrior parse build. It's unsustainable without parse food, don't take these 90k+ builds as gospel.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vermethys wrote: »
    I hope it doesn't turn into a Lotus Flower clone. "Smart heals" and their RNG factor are awful in Battlegrounds.

These is no cap and no targetng system on the skill from what I read on pts. I think the new crit surge will healing miltiple people on single proc each time caster crit, and that is next lvl ***. If it goes live, in PVE at least, any sorc in the group using crit surge will make the group unkillable since only 1 sec cooldown and heals for 2500 each tick. I think it's zos way to bring about sorc healers.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 sorcs use Power Surge in BGs.
    Can you kill 4 sorcs?
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would not rejoice as a sorc at all, as we're all remember how as strong group healing ended up with magblades being on their current spot.
  • doopt
    doopt
    ✭✭
    Remember when magblades’ refreshing path and funnel health were gutted because of massive passive healing while contributing to the highest dps for all mag?

Now, here we are, with huge passive healing given to one class as part of your push “standardization.”