Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Power Surge Change?

• botxa
    botxa
    Soul Shriven
    Obviously, Power Surge will heal in case of a critical hit on the enemy + a critical heal on ally (in this case healing to ally). It is true that there is no radius - it depends on your heal radius
    Options
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically Sorc can drop Entropy and Soultrap and keep whole BG team alive...great.

Also, what Sorc really needed is heal that doesnt require external source that they can run "downstairs" mechanics any of sorts. It's a nice buff for Sorc healers though so I guess Taersar dance in joy right now.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    So basically Sorc can drop Entropy and Soultrap and keep whole BG team alive...great.

Also, what Sorc really needed is heal that doesnt require external source that they can run "downstairs" mechanics any of sorts. It's a nice buff for Sorc healers though so I guess Taersar dance in joy right now.
    What sorc has room to slot surge and two dots tho?

<Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the new power surge ;)
    Options
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This will give people a reason to run sorc dd's in group content. As somebody who can solo most content because of this skill, I can attest to how strong it is.
    If heals from other sorcs can overlap, a 4x sorc dd group will be unkillable
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

DD Sorcerers who no longer slot the Matriarch, and perhaps no longer run pets at all?
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on July 31, 2019 9:17PM
    Options
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The non-pet one?
    Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I guess now its time to let refreshing path do dmg again, as it did in summerset, just seems fair ^^
    Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Those tooltips look insane. 2550 every second for the group, I mean if it has a good radius size. With all of the DOT's going next patch you will crit at least once a second.

This is WAY stronger than Templar cleansing ritual since it is around twice as long and heals every second vs every 2 seconds for ritual. Even cost 50% less. It this goes live the only reason a templar would be favored over a sorc is shards.

So much for standardizing skills. My templars are envious and Sorcerers are very happy.

Oh I forgot to add that surge travels with you and doesn't have to be recast saving even more magic and GCD.🤣
    Edited by Hotdog_23 on July 30, 2019 8:02AM
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but only the power surge will activate on critical healing and damage while crit surge will only activate on critical damage?
    Options
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but only the power surge will activate on critical healing and damage while crit surge will only activate on critical damage?

looks like it, but had no time to test it
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The non-pet one?

The none pet one has 2 slots for not using the pet - and needs a burst heal Dots and hot and surge

Im genuinely curious how sich’s build would look like
    In pvp though
    Edited by Derra on July 30, 2019 8:28AM
    <Noricum>

Options
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still not too sold on the skill.

Major sorcery now is got by using Soultrap, which is mandatory so Major sorcery not needed.

Still expensive and its not a heal on demand; and while the hot is nice, this game battles are rarely going on continuous damage, but spikes. A cheap on demand burst heal or heavy hot are way better. Shield plus this could work but again, two skill slots and due the changes on dots, skill slots now are worth alot.

Not sold on group healing, ZoS should move away from DDs healing the group. There is a full role dedicated to this.

If this skill is what ZoS think that will be the healing skill for Sorc healers, then it´s a fail.
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably best to wait until next week’s PTS patch for a working skill to test ... rather than front load more speculation (or crying) in this forums thread.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 30, 2019 8:59AM
    Options
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagSorc will be the new MagBlade, I see. Well then.
    Options
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    remove the CD, then let surge heals crit, congratulations you just broke the game if you have over 70% crit as surge will proc on itself and heal for nearly infinity :trollface:

but tbh new tooltip above loots quite handy, more healing overall since several stam builds have dots that can heal, aka means vigor on stam sorcs just got a huge buff as it'll heal yourself and teammates for more overall.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

Options
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BGs will be destroyed again because of 4 sorcs.
    Options
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surge is gonna be AoE heal who spread from the caster.
    If it heal the whole group at each crit, it's just to strong right now.
    But if it heal only member when it proc a crit it on it, it's gonna be to unreliable..

They really need to spread healing and damage stat..

Also if some ppl wanna make test I'm on PTS
    =>@Orack89
    Edited by Aznarb on July 30, 2019 1:08PM
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

Options
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »
    @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I guess now its time to let refreshing path do dmg again, as it did in summerset, just seems fair ^^

Why? returning implusion is only fair as well since NB now have 10% unamed dmg reduction and all classes have healing buffed.
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

DD Sorcerers who no longer the Matriarch, and perhaps no longer run pets at all?

The sorcerers who dont use pets, use different abilities to cover what they are missing by not running the pet.
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznarb wrote: »
    But if it heal only member when it proc a crit it on it, it's gonna be to unreliable..

=>@Orack89

What are you talking about? Surge heals aren't enough to keep anyone alive, making them AOE isn't going to change that.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still not too sold on the skill.

Major sorcery now is got by using Soultrap, which is mandatory so Major sorcery not needed.

Not sold on group healing, ZoS should move away from DDs healing the group. There is a full role dedicated to this.

If this skill is what ZoS think that will be the healing skill for Sorc healers, then it´s a fail.

Not everyone wants to run entropy/soultrap, and it is good to have options on how to get your buffs. Build diversity.

Agree, looks like ZOS is moving to self healing groups with Templar being damage primary with supplemental heals. Not saying it is good or bad, but they are moving toward healing, tanking, damage components for every class.

Surge is already was a major source of heals for solo sorcs and in pvp. People forget that with the pet meta. I don't think you can push surge tool tips higher, so it will never compete with vigor, but a sorc DD would be able to throw out good supplemental healing now.

Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznarb wrote: »

=>@Orack89

What are you talking about? Surge heals aren't enough to keep anyone alive, making them AOE isn't going to change that.

Not sure if this is serious, but surge heals are incredibly strong on live. You can solo pretty much all content with just surge as your heal. If multiple people are cross healing with this in a trial, it is going to be strong.
    Options
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is beyond all realms of OP. Even with a 5m range. Its a vigor around you at all times.

To all that say that sorc dont have space, they do, you dont need shields when you have 2 or 3 friendos healing you 5k a second. I know it because i run surge instead of shield already in all the content with my mag sorc (all trial HM and arenas).
    Edited by caperon on July 30, 2019 1:47PM
    Options
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh there is no clear way to how they are going to nerf power surge. As it stands right now the shear amount of hps that would come from the ability in group play is pretty insane.

On my Stamsorc build next patch I was getting a 4.1k tooltip for powersurge, which can crit and gain further % modifiers.
    My crit surge tooltip was sitting at 5.2k as a reference. A magsorc running powersurge will also have access to elfborn to modify the crits, where stamsorcs won't.

This takes the same stance as the new vigor, either you take the selfish morph or the group morph. I don't know why zos would release it without anything working/clear. All we can tell right now is generally how zos wants the ability to work, numbers will probably change/lower.
    Options
  • Zalathorm
    Zalathorm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Passive group healing on a DPSing character is ridiculous.

If they want sorcs to do better healing, make a morph that actually benefits healers
    Options
  • delichon
    delichon
    ✭✭
    I believe Critical Surge should have Major Sorcery and proc from critical damage, while Power Surge should proc only from critical healing. But anyway, making power surge an AoE skill is a bad decision. They should better rework Twilight. But maybe it's the best they can do to add AoE heal to sorc before patch go live..
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zalathorm wrote: »
    Passive group healing on a DPSing character is ridiculous.

If they want sorcs to do better healing, make a morph that actually benefits healers

Doing that would remove the last class heal magsorc dps have realistic access to after pet nerf - if they didn’t with power surge.
    <Noricum>

Options
  • liningtonsweldingb16_ESO
    I don’t wanna see another indirect nerf to stam sorcs over this ability tbh..
    Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How big is the radius?
    How many people are healed per tick? Everyone in the radius, a certain few, one?
    Will it be a smart heal?
    Can it be stacked by multiple Sorcs?
    Will it even go live as it is?

Before I don't have answers to those questions I don't fire up the nerf wagon.
    Options