The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Power Surge Change?

katorga
katorga
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Power Surge’s new functionality is incomplete, and will not target allies when it activates. This will be resolved in a future update.

What the heck did they do to power surge, and how do you have Natch Potes without clearly saying what the change is? And it is going live incomplete?

Am I even reading this right. SO it procs of of any critical, but why is it targeting allies?
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have no idea what Surge is supposed to do but apparently isn't currently doing and will be looked at later.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lmao this is the last week of PTS and most of the patch notes is basically them saying "we'll figure this out later".

ZOS wyd...
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They mentioned changing it to 'add an ability to the sorc kit to compensate for the weakening of springs', so probably its procs can target allies as well, which I don't see how a single target heal will compensate for the loss of aoe healing power but I guess we won't know until people get onto pts or until its fully working.
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope it doesn't turn into a Lotus Flower clone. "Smart heals" and their RNG factor are awful in Battlegrounds.
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jeez it probably smart heals so I'm not even assured of getting my own surge heals as a mag sorc. On the bright side the stam morph already healed more than power surge, and now it heals even more.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it smart heals solo play will be hurt using it if other players show up at a world boss or a pvp encounter.
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess it's supposed to proc from critical heals (specifically from HoTs) and be it a small single target heal? I find it interesting.
    Yes.
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    troomar wrote: »
    I guess it's supposed to proc from critical heals (specifically from HoTs) and be it a small single target heal? I find it interesting.

thats my guess. Strike means anything to me, and since heals can crit, surge will proc off other hots.

That's a huge buff if the case lol.
  • kaizen914
    kaizen914
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not seeing any mention of only proccing on heals
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    troomar wrote: »

thats my guess. Strike means anything to me, and since heals can crit, surge will proc off other hots.

That's a huge buff if the case lol.

Maybe. But it would be nice if they actually said what the actual change is in the notes.
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    kaizen914 wrote: »

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Spell_Critical_(effect)

EDit:
    http://esoacademy.com/critical-strikes/#critical-strike-rating
    "A critical strike in Elder Scrolls Online is when an ability, attack or healing does 50% more damage compared to normal."
    Edited by No_Division on July 29, 2019 8:24PM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Jeez it probably smart heals so I'm not even assured of getting my own surge heals as a mag sorc. On the bright side the stam morph already healed more than power surge, and now it heals even more.

The optimist in me says it doesn't behave that way since the objective of this change was to fill the gap for Sorc Healers missing an AOE HOT, if it only proc's once every second for 1 random person it does not help Sorc Healers the same way the new Budding Seeds helps Wardens which already have Lotus Flower.

My guess is they changed it to proc off ANY CRIT simply so a Sorc healer can reliably proc the effect without damage abilities, but it heals the caster and everyone within a 10m radius or something like that.

If it behaves like Lotus Flower then they missed the mark and it will be very underwhelming.

Can someone log in to get that juicy tooltip?
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    kaizen914 wrote: »

Not "only", but "as well".

Right now on Live it procs only from damage abilities. If we're right after this patch on PTS it will also proc from heals
    Yes.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the heal from power surge crits, do you proc a new heal?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    If the heal from power surge crits, do you proc a new heal?

i am sure that falls within the 1 second per heal from power surge. so no, it will not.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we have no idea what the new functionality is? Didn’t the patch notes say it’s listed yet it only says it isn’t working properly? Wtf.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    So we have no idea what the new functionality is? Didn’t the patch notes say it’s listed yet it only says it isn’t working properly? Wtf.

Well, if I’m reading the patch notes correctly, the tooltip in current PTS explains how they intend it to work, but they’re still working on making it actually work that way. So if someone posts an image of the tooltip we could at least understand what the intent is (cast the heals on a player? Smart heals? Aoe heals? Idk).
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chill guys this is a new strategy to raise expectations and promote real testing so you can find by yourself what the change is lol
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to be highly disappointed if it's basically just power surge but it can proc on allies.
    All that does is irritate people who use it to self heal, and it does literally nothing to help a sorc healer in raid environments. We need an on-demand AoE heal like every other class, not some RNG bull based on crit, which is not a high stat for healers in general.

Waiting to look at the tooltip whenever PTS is back and hoping for the best.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's hope it will behave as all other heals - "smart heals". Then it would be useful as a kind of "normalization".
    Yes.
  • DKMaestro
    DKMaestro
    ✭✭✭
    Surprise - Power Surge no longer heals, But instead applies Minor Vulnerbility to yourself. Happy Natch Potes
    Old man playing. Have a life, a job and only one character, which is grumpy (all the time)
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "This heal now heals in an area of effect around you, and can trigger off of any critical strike, rather than only critical damage. Also grants major sorcerery."

So yeah. Way to hugely miss the mark, ZoS. First of all, no mention how much of an 'area around you', but it's focused on you... so GG for using it to supplement kite healing or either healer role in vAS+2. It's also RNG based on crit, which is not a stat healers pump.

Boggles my mind how they can consider this an acceptable 'supplement' for sorc healers.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    the new tooltips from the pts-

QjcH3Oj.jpg
  • kaizen914
    kaizen914
    ✭✭✭
    That looks very strong
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

QjcH3Oj.jpg

Thanks mate.

Also, this is the dumbest thing i've ever seen.
    This is significantly worse than the mag blade refreshing path meta. No healers required.
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 'new effect' for Power Surge says it heals those in an area around YOU. So it's supposedly centered on the caster. RNG-based heals to people around you in an undetermined area is not a solution to keeping sorc healers on par with other classes.
    Edited by RogueShark on July 29, 2019 9:43PM
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »

QjcH3Oj.jpg

Thanks mate.

Also, this is the dumbest thing i've ever seen.
    This is significantly worse than the mag blade refreshing path meta. No healers required.

That’s how I read it, it’s more like an off healing skill for Sorc DDs.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No radius? What’s the range on the allied heals?
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the range is 28 meters o:)
    Yes.
  • kaizen914
    kaizen914
    ✭✭✭
    Never imagined they would make it heal the whole group