The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Campaign lock

MCBIZZLE300
MCBIZZLE300
✭✭✭✭✭
Can someone explain to me why we cant access the 30 day campaign as a guest on a different alliance? I have half yellow half blue and my yellows are basically useless now apart from the odd battleground or going into the completely dead 7 day campaign. Doesn't this promote playing the game less? I dont understand, surely we should be able to acess the 30 day as a guest on a different alliance and just get no score on lb's. I just want to play on all the characters i spent hours grinding for in a busy campaign is that too much to ask.
Edited by MCBIZZLE300 on June 29, 2019 7:21PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 29, 2019 7:26PM
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can thank the trolls who went to other alliances to be toxic in zone chat, to spy, and to troll with scroll captures.

Even without AP for guesting, there's a fair bit of bad behavior that the outright faction lock makes much harder.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your yellows are only useless for a month. Keep in mind that faction locks were not reintroduced to curtail individual scoring across all your characters in various alliances; locks were reintroduced to counteract the griefing, cheating, and trolling made possible by faction swapping. If people were able to log in as guests on factions other than their primary alliance, it would still be possible to spy with ease, sell scrolls, dump scrolls in water, etc.
    Options
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Your yellows are only useless for a month. Keep in mind that faction locks were not reintroduced to curtail individual scoring across all your characters in various alliances; locks were reintroduced to counteract the griefing, cheating, and trolling made possible by faction swapping. If people were able to log in as guests on factions other than their primary alliance, it would still be possible to spy with ease, sell scrolls, dump scrolls in water, etc.

I just want to play the game. On all my characters at all times, its too late to re introduce this once weve all made different alliance characters. Or atleast give me 1 or 2 aliance change tokens.
    Edited by MCBIZZLE300 on June 29, 2019 7:39PM
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mcb123 wrote: »

I just want to play the game. On all my characters at all times, its too late to re introduce this once weve all made different alliance characters. Or atleast give me 1 or 2 aliance change tokens.

You can play the game. On one faction per month. Alliance change tokens would be nice, true; ask ZOS for that, instead of asking them to change the way faction locks work. Faction locks were reintroduced for a reason.
    Options
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can play the game. On one faction per month. Alliance change tokens would be nice, true; ask ZOS for that, instead of asking them to change the way faction locks work. Faction locks were reintroduced for a reason.

Its a stupid idea, most people just want to fight and have a laugh with their friends. Why am i bieng restricted i dont care about spying and keep flipping whatever. This cuts me off from half of my game and its not ok.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its a stupid idea, most people just want to fight and have a laugh with their friends. Why am i bieng restricted i dont care about spying and keep flipping whatever. This cuts me off from half of my game and its not ok.

Blame the people who abused alliance swapping, then. They’re 100% to blame for this.

P.S. You can still play with friends; you just have to coordinate with each other and decide what alliance you’re playing on any given month.
    Options
  • iris56
    iris56
    ✭✭✭

And then the other alliance will be useless.

I agree OP, its pretty unfair and there is nothing we can really do about it.

It feels pretty bad and unfair to have 9 characters that I can't use in PVP anymore and no way to fix it short of deleting and redoing mages, fighters, horses, crafting, psijic and all the skyshards just to get to where I was before.

And as a funny story, the ONLY time I've ever seen blatant alliance scroll cheating, was AFTER faction lock and the guy did it and started shouting about *&^% faction lock. It messed over my alliance, but it was pretty funny and more power to him. Alliance lock doesn't solve anything, too many people have alt accounts.
    Options
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that the reasons for faction lock are completely imaginary, griefing and spying aren’t made any harder by having the factions be locked.

Meanwhile, playing Videogames with people you like (the realest thing you can get in an MMO) is now difficult and sticky. If you have two separate groups of friends then you have to pick which friends you like more.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well said.
    the faction locks comes from the cheats and exploits and the ability to do those things is blocked by the faction locks.
    i support faction locks, as do many.
    talking about cheats and exploits and explaining them is against the forum rules. you can get warnings and bans from doing that.
    you can still play on your alliance and other alliances, just wait till the campaign ends to do it.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that the reasons for faction lock are completely imaginary, griefing and spying aren’t made any harder by having the factions be locked.

Yes, they are.

Dedicated trolls are gonna troll. But for the average player, are they really going to give up playing for the faction/on the characters they actually like for a month in order to troll the faction they don't?

Most players won't do that. Any time you increase the effort it takes to troll, grief, emp swap, AP farm, or spy, you are going to see less of it, and that's essentially what ZOS did with faction lock.
    Options
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen any Scroll Trolling after faction locks got reintroduced, I'd say they are working as intended.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are unlocked campaigns you can play your other characters on with your friends.
    None are unplayable.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are unlocked campaigns you can play your other characters on with your friends.
    None are unplayable.

Well, you can't swap at the end of the campaign either so the faction lock screwed that up as well......
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    None are unplayable.

Well, you can't swap at the end of the campaign either so the faction lock screwed that up as well......

That was not intended and will be fixed.
    Options
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's now 1 third tamriel. Zos needs to put on an additional 30 day cp unlocked campaign
    Options
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What has faction lock to do with cheats?
    Answer: Nothing

But it kinda shows the what kind of players are in favor of faction locks.

I am not a priori against them but the game do not well with them in the current game state even more the implementation was terrible bad done.

There is only one populated 30 campaign with cp which means you can NOT impose a lock on the faction without making players with chars in all alliance suffer.
    It did not fix anything: population are still unbalanced depending on the time and sometimes even more unbalance than before since some players can no longer help the underdog
    There is no way to temporal switch alliance of a Char to be able to play for the one alliance you chose to play this month(note that a permanent switch would make a lot of new problems)

Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
    Options
  • MojaveHeld
    MojaveHeld
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There seems to be a lot of outright ignorance in this thread, so let's correct that. Yes, scroll-trolling and spying has gone down massively since faction lock was reintroduced. There are still isolated cases of people with alt accounts doing it, but the scale on which it happens has shrunken massively, making the experience much better in Cyrodiil. So everyone claiming that faction lock has been a total failure and hasn't helped to fix that at all is making claims that are outright false. Don't come in here outright lying and expect to be taken seriously. You have to acknowledge that there was an issue and that faction locks have helped to cut down on that problem a lot. All of these angry claims that faction lock is a total failure because you don't like it are just so dishonest. Start from an honest platform if you want to debate the issue, coming in here and lying doesn't help your case one bit, and just makes everyone even less inclined to listen to what you have to say.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Correction, SOME people just want to do that.
    Others DO care about. Spying and keep flipping whatever - which is NOT ok as it ruins their game.

So who's right?

As unfortunately its the guys that miss used alliance swapping that brought this about.

And...get in the 7 day.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loving faction lock. 17 max lvl toons on AD, all of them tier 3. All of them getting those tasty transmute crystals. I’m glad Zenimax has finally started rewarding faction loyalty. Feels good. Also trolling, scroll trolling, ect. Has gone down a lot.

I didn’t list spying because it’s not as useful as people claim. There’s too many variables to make it successful. Also I didn’t mention faction teaming bc factions will converge along the same points on the map, either strategically for a dethrone or just because that’s what the fighting dictates.

Overall great change and I thank Zos for it.

Options
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    khajiitNPC wrote: »
    Loving faction lock. 17 max lvl toons on AD, all of them tier 3. All of them getting those tasty transmute crystals. I’m glad Zenimax has finally started rewarding faction loyalty. Feels good. Also trolling, scroll trolling, ect. Has gone down a lot.

I didn’t list spying because it’s not as useful as people claim. There’s too many variables to make it successful. Also I didn’t mention faction teaming bc factions will converge along the same points on the map, either strategically for a dethrone or just because that’s what the fighting dictates.

Overall great change and I thank Zos for it.

It's kind of pointless telling people how much you love faction lock when it doesn't affect you. If you have 17 AD characters then obviously you're not going to care because you don't have to sacrifice anything. I don't feel rewarded at all for being forced to play 1 faction.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
    Options
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is it pointless? The reward is I was loyal to 1 faction and that’s it. Through losing campaigns (and there were a lot) to winning campaigns. Sure there’s no reward for you, and I can sympathize to a degree. But there’s nothing wrong with a faction loyalist being thankful to zos for injecting integrity back into the game, and recognizing the fundamental error in having campaigns completely open as they did. I wish they’d introduce alliance change tokens for you people with the same complaints.

But my sympathy stops there, zos provided other means to enjoy the PvP side of the game. You can team up with any alliance in BG, you have 7 day campaigns you can flip flop between. Or it just takes some planning between you and the people you play with to decide what campaign to play in that month. Also dueling.

Have a good day.
    Edited by khajiitNPC on June 29, 2019 11:13PM
    Options
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    khajiitNPC wrote: »
    Why is it pointless? The reward is I was loyal to 1 faction and that’s it. Through losing campaigns (and there were a lot) to winning campaigns. Sure there’s no reward for you, and I can sympathize to a degree. But there’s nothing wrong with a faction loyalist being thankful to zos for injecting integrity back into the game, and recognizing the fundamental error in having campaigns completely open as they did. I wish they’d introduce alliance change tokens for you people with the same complaints.

But my sympathy stops there, zos provided other means to enjoy the PvP side of the game. You can team up with any alliance in BG, you have 7 day campaigns you can flip flop between. Or it just takes some planning between you and the people you play with to decide what campaign to play in that month. Also dueling.

Have a good day.

The 7 day campaign is empty and BGs is a completely different type of PvP, especially when you get to high MMR. Sure I can plan to lock to the alliance that most of my friends are locked to but the rest I can't PvP with. My point was that a player who only plays 1 faction is obviously not going to care about not being able to play the other factions as they never intended to in the first place.

I feel like the disadvantages of faction lock outweigh any potential benefits by far.
    Edited by Zevrro on June 29, 2019 11:24PM
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    Other PvP Characters

>156m AP
    Options
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction lock has been a boon just for chat alone. We'd frequently get trolls from other alliances popping up in zone chat to just talk trash. Not to mention you can actually use zone chat as intended now. It's been wonderful to call out where your group is headed next without an opposing zerg waiting for you because of said trolls.

Don't like faction lock? Give a big thank you to all those shady players that ruined it for you.
    Options
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    Faction lock has been a boon just for chat alone. We'd frequently get trolls from other alliances popping up in zone chat to just talk trash. Not to mention you can actually use zone chat as intended now. It's been wonderful to call out where your group is headed next without an opposing zerg waiting for you because of said trolls.

Don't like faction lock? Give a big thank you to all those shady players that ruined it for you.

Do you seriously think there are people spying on which keep your group is attacking?
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    Other PvP Characters

>156m AP
    Options
  • MojaveHeld
    MojaveHeld
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zevrro wrote: »

Do you seriously think there are people spying on which keep your group is attacking?

It has happened, yes. The scroll trolling was a bigger issue, but spying did occur sometimes, usually in peak hours. We know you don't like faction lock, but that doesn't give you license to outright lie about there not being issues that it has fixed.
    Options
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you dont, I'd say you're pretty naive.
    I can't name and shame, but there is a few well know "group leaders" on ps4 that absolutely did this. And I imagine are pretty grumpy they can't anymore. Ran in one of these people's group for a minute, until I saw this happening myself. Left the group in disgust.

So I guess the answer to your question is no..I don't think it.
    I've actually seen it in the group I was in, so I know it happens.
    Edited by Kel on June 29, 2019 11:37PM
    Options
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭

I can't name and shame, but there is a few well know "group leaders" on ps4 that absolutely did this. And I imagine are pretty grumpy they can't anymore. Ran in one of these people's group for a minute, until I saw this happening myself. Left the group in disgust.

If people actually bothered to go to that length to spy then faction lock isn't going to stop them.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    Other PvP Characters

>156m AP
    Options
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    MojaveHeld wrote: »

It has happened, yes. The scroll trolling was a bigger issue, but spying did occur sometimes, usually in peak hours. We know you don't like faction lock, but that doesn't give you license to outright lie about there not being issues that it has fixed.

What is scroll trolling in your opinion?
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    Other PvP Characters

>156m AP
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If people actually bothered to go to that length to spy then faction lock isn't going to stop them.

I feel like this point has already been addressed.

No one expects faction lock to stop 100% of bad behavior.

But it stops a lot of it, because most players who might be willing to pop onto another faction for a night or two of annoying people arent willing to lock themselves to a faction they don't like for a whole month when they could be playing that month with the faction they actually like.

Nor will most players go out of their way to sabotage their own faction when their rewards are 100% tied to their locked faction. There's no benefit to themself by shooting their own locked faction in the foot. Sure, there's a rare few who do it for the pleasure of trolling. But there's no more "Oh, it doesnt matter if I troll AD because I'll get better rewards on my EP and DC toons anyway and if AD hates me, I'll go play EP for a while" type justification. If a player trolls AD, they have to deal with the consequences of that for the month.

It encourages healthy play by imposing more of a cost to being a jerk.
    Options