Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

what is your LEAST favorite race, and why?

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any elf. Elf weak. Orc strong.

That's why orcs are shoe-horned to one hole in the north of the world and even that hole was won in some drunken duel.
    You should be grateful for Imperials to taking orcs to legions and so they became civilized enough to be on-par with other races.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Orc
    So ugly
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc
    Wing wrote: »
    we have had quite a few favorite race polls, so what's your least favorite.

and remember, why?

-is it mechanics?
    -is it lore?
    -is it appearance?
    -etc.

Not a fan of their looks but that's about it
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    ...Thalmor...
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Argonians
  • Cheezits94
    Cheezits94
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    Bosmer!
    I dislike their lore and the NPC voices so much.
    Plus, they are overhyped on the forums due to their "cuteness" etc, which I think is nothing but cringy because a lot of pictures posted around here show female bosmer with pigtails and childish faces, and they mostly look like young, little girls. Therefor, this whole"bosmers are smol, cute and waifu-material"-hype gives me creeps everytime I read it because of the Lolita/Pedo-wibes I associate with that.

This as well. Bosmer characters with breast-sliders to maximum combined with girly faces and the pigtail hairstyle are horrible. I can't do anything against it, and I am really, really sorry about this, but if I see it, I always picture the player behind it as a single, elderly man who also finds enjoyment of the unhealthy sort in TV shows such as "Toddlers & Tiaras" and "Here comes Honey Boo Boo" :D
    Edited by Cheezits94 on April 28, 2019 2:43PM
    If you can't even spell sets, locations and items, you probably have no clue what you even are talking about.

Tamriel, not Tamerial, Temerial or Tamériál
    Alkosh, not Alkoash
    Dolmen, not Dolman
    Olorime, not Oloramie
    Sorcerer, not Sorceror
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    They look weird.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    PRX and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orc
    Orc, only because I like making attractive characters and it's very hard to make an attractive orc.
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    They’re property.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    I think Argonian wins for ugly over Orc...... don't like lizards in rl, why would I waste game time being one? LOL
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    because stealthy archers near got nerfed out of existence.
    PC EU
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    pzschrek wrote: »
    They’re property.

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Cheezits94 wrote: »
    Bosmer!
    Plus, they are overhyped on the forums due to their "cuteness" etc, which I think is nothing but cringy because a lot of pictures posted around here show female bosmer with pigtails and childish faces, and they mostly look like young, little girls. Therefor, this whole"bosmers are smol, cute and waifu-material"-hype gives me creeps everytime I read it because of the Lolita/Pedo-wibes I associate with that.

This as well. Bosmer characters with breast-sliders to maximum combined with girly faces and the pigtail hairstyle are horrible. I can't do anything against it, and I am really, really sorry about this, but if I see it, I always picture the player behind it as a single, elderly man who also finds enjoyment of the unhealthy sort in TV shows such as "Toddlers & Tiaras" and "Here comes Honey Boo Boo" :D

They are BIS for cuteness
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khajiit
    Every thing really not Bosmer, Dunmer or Argonian. To a point. Like all the races, just like three specific ones more, so dont really bother with the others.
  • Cheezits94
    Cheezits94
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Bosmer!

And this is the cringe I am talking about.. :| I just can't help it. All the "cute lil bosmers" on the forums look like 12-year-old girls and I find it very creepy.
    If you can't even spell sets, locations and items, you probably have no clue what you even are talking about.

Tamriel, not Tamerial, Temerial or Tamériál
    Alkosh, not Alkoash
    Dolmen, not Dolman
    Olorime, not Oloramie
    Sorcerer, not Sorceror
  • EdoKeledus
    EdoKeledus
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    Bosmer and Khajiit [edited to remove baiting commentary]
    Edited by ZOS_RikardD on April 28, 2019 4:41PM
    DC PC EU Vivec
    Daggerfall Convenant Loyalist

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Bosmer!

And this is the cringe I am talking about.. :| I just can't help it. All the "cute lil bosmers" on the forums look like 12-year-old girls and I find it very creepy.

Nonsense, the bosmer will eat you and your opinion
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tie between redguard orc and dunmer....

Redguards have to many exagerated features like cant have a certain face without a head like a potato i made a rihanna look a like but sure enough the right face wrong head shape makes it impossible to get the look i wanted. Also mechanically kinda tired of them still being the absolute sustain champion for stamina.

Orcs i wish didnt have the watermelon cranium would a head wotdh slider kill ya?Or atleast give us tusk size options short medium long etc.

Dunmer that perma anger brow just kills it doesn't matter how soft angular young old they look like they've been trying to burn a hole in an argonian's head with a stare for 700 years without blinking.
  • Čičiliusku
    Čičiliusku
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Was never fan of cats, so the khajiit are not in favour to me. Even more when a big chunk of their culture is dedicated to steal whatever isn't nailed on.

This bird is watching you from afar
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer
    Odd little fellas. Their cannibalism and ultra tree hugging doesn't help. Most elves like nature, but bosmer **really** like nature, just to much. Also yeah their appearance...it's just odd.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Altmer
    Wing wrote: »
    Iluvrien wrote: »
    Altmer. Every time.

All of the arrogance, none of the effectiveness.

Dunmer are similarly snooty, but there is an understanding that they can, and will, feed you your own nose if you get cheeky. Altmer just prance off with their nose in a sling.

that's funny I cannot stand dunmer, I didn't really mind them too much and knew that a lot of TES3 fanboys exist. but man after playing the morrowind expansion, I just cannot for the life of me stand them, there will never be a time or game or any kind of mechanic buff that will get me to play that race.

high elves I don't really care for but I understand.

I guess I have to hold my hand up as TES3 fanboy.

That said, it is important to remember that the Vvardenfell we see in ESO:Morrowind is very different to the one we see in TES3. The Dunmeri as a people are also portrayed in a similarly different fashion.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonian
    Awh damn I meant to press khajiits
  • Vasoka
    Vasoka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    Khajit, shortly followed by Argonians. Literally races for furries and other questionable people.
  • SewerFairy
    SewerFairy
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer
    Dunmer are damn ugly and I really don't like their society. They are mean and false. And their cruelity to Khajiit and Argoniens ist terrible.
    But Ashlanders are ok. Their lore ist somehow cool. :)

Dunmer are nearly followed by Bretons. Their lore is trash and they are really a boring race. But their race passives are nice.
    Their look is mainly ok on the NPCs. But many players create especially female Bretons with chubby babyface and giant botox-bomb-boobs... that looks horrifying! :s
    PC - EU
    Aldmeri Dominion - Legacy of Heaven
    Altmer: Sidahan die Windgängerin -Altmer - TempHeal / Miralangwe die Erlöserin - MagickaSorc / Nalaniel die Bestatterin - MagickaDK / Sindare die Stürmische - MagickaNB / Lithere die Unbeugsame - WardenHeal
    Khajiit: Kasiragi Ja'Ajirr - Khajiit - StamNB / Koji'Rou Ja'Ajirr - Khajiit - StamDK / Thamuk Ja'Ajirr - Khajiit - StamSorc / Nawil Ja'Ajirr - Khajiit - StamTemp / Zuri-daro Ja 'Ajirr - Khajiit - StamWarden / Kaouri-Jo Ja'Ajirr - TempHeal
    Andere: Firune Eulenschatten -Bosmer- NBTank / Ysolsa Seelenbrecher -Nord- DKTank / Jewa Klingensang -Nord im Pakt- WardenTank
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    we have the Dark elf, the High elf, and the wood elf.
    after that everything else is just not good.
    no other way to describe it.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer!

You are speaking like it's something bad.
    So in your opinion it's better to waste time in MMORPG while being 24-25 years old, literally age when person has most IRL possibilities and freedom in his/her entire life? ;)
  • Amanuensis
    Amanuensis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yikes. Some of the responses in this thread are very revealing.
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orc
    Between this and Argonian. I just find them both reaaaally ugly :x
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer
    Two words... Vanus Galerion. Was not a huge fan of altmer to begin with, but that God awful voice makes me want to uninstall the game.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    was ok, till @ZOS decided to nerf/balance classes....................