The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NERF SIEGE

• Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I rem right, Srendarr (https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info655-Srendarr-AuraBuffDebuffTracker.html) tracks damage from siege.

Also siege bubble only protects 6 people now.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    SillyGT wrote: »

Shield siege is useless still have gotten 35k cold fire trebuchets on death recap. (Not even a vampire)

I'm 100% sure you never got hit by a cold fire treb for 35K while in a shield siege:

"Create a protective sphere over your location that reduces damage from siege weapons by 35% for 20 seconds.."

A cold fire treb does not hit for 50K...
    Edited by RMerlin on April 17, 2019 3:44PM
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have ran a ball group on eso for 3 years now, and the spreading out is the fastest way to die in Cyrodiil.

Errr... Spreading out is how you survive sieges. I don't play with ball groups, and I have no problem staying alive. Just learn to rely on your personal skills instead of the ball group's heal spam. Or split in smaller groups if you absolutely need to have a healer keeping you alive (tho in this game, every single class can have heals and purges, just balance your build a bit more).

• RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »

Also siege bubble only protects 6 people now.

Another reason for ball groups to stop zergig and start spreading out, or at least splitting up in smaller groups.
    Edited by RMerlin on April 17, 2019 3:39PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siege is way too effective in what it does. It should only apply the status effect on players. Not do any damage, its way to easy to sit in the back and kill an entire group of people just by firing it once. By buffing siege just incentives people to instead of actually engaging in combat with them sit 40+ meters away and aimless siege them to death.

*** if only LESS people can engage in combat causing all these lag.....
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like so much stress and arguing originates with people holding the opinion that Cyrodiil is for PvP (player vs player), when really it has never been that. Dueling is PvP...Street Fighter was PvP...ESO is AvAvA. Personally, I've found that if you take a moment to really absorb that truth, a lot of anger is mitigated about zergs, and people shooting siege and interrupting your solo fights, etc.
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have mixed feelings about siege.
    1: When fighting in groups, it should not be more effective to throw up siege at point blank and shoot them in the face than to go and join the fight.
    2: At the same time, when dealing with a ball group, you need siege, and a lot of it, to keep them from getting into your keep and farming the tower until they feel like leaving.
    Sadly, all you see now is a cesspool of meatbags, oil, coldfire etc sieging the crap out of the front door or wherever the breach is when attacking a keep. With the 30% dmg increase, I expect:
    1: Flipping keeps to take longer
    2: Better chances of defending a keep outnumbered
    3: Zerg v Zerg keep fights to require more than one wall going down
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blinkin8r wrote: »
    With the 30% dmg increase, I expect:
    1: Flipping keeps to take longer
    2: Better chances of defending a keep outnumbered
    3: Zerg v Zerg keep fights to require more than one wall going down
    1&3: Already in Sotha these are the case (excluding pvdoor of course). Even without an emp we see a lot of defended keeps needing two breeches on outer and occasionally on inner.

2: Sure it sounds good but the larger assault groups still have equal access to siege and can put down just as much or more firing into the keep. A single organized group with a few pugs can defend for awhile but the larger zerg outside eventually wins the numbers game (especially with camps). Two organized groups, even with lesser total numbers? Now there’s a chance.

Thankfully siege isn’t being buffed in non-cp, and the 30% buff in cp should bring it in line with what we already see in Sotha.

The boost in d-ticks has been nice but there’s still too much incentive to go pvdoor a keep instead of sticking around and defending.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the increase in siege damage, its very helpful PuGs v ball group.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siege is way too effective in what it does. It should only apply the status effect on players. Not do any damage, its way to easy to sit in the back and kill an entire group of people just by firing it once. By buffing siege just incentives people to instead of actually engaging in combat with them sit 40+ meters away and aimless siege them to death.

Ugh... Really? They do so little damage that to die from a siege engine you would need to be naked.
    Besides there are indicators that show you if you are going to be hit by a siege engine.
    Your idea is so stupid that either you are trolling or you play this game with a touchpad using your nose only.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is an mmoRPG. Its like the role-playing aspect goes right over peoples heads. I'd rather see people settings up siege and having fun then hear everyone complain about siege. Its an AvAvA experience. Like those who say "ill never use siege" are just some wanna-be's. Play the game and have fun with the overall experience. This is a video game. I don't care what you do with your time in Cryodill, as long as its immersive.

Siege also should be op. Its a freaking catapult. Its not like your getting one-shot by these things. Honestly crank it up to 2.0, direct hits with the projectile do 2x damage.
    Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on April 19, 2019 3:21AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    Siege
    • Siege damage in CP-Enabled Campaigns will now hit approximately 30% harder than prior update adjustments. Damage in No-CP Campaigns remains the same.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5972679/#Comment_5972679

Siege is getting a buff in the next update.

Which is a terrible idea because it’s already broken op.

• RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    this game is catering to casual players way too much. I don't care if you like to siege and zerg, that's up to you. but you shouldn't be able to endlessly sit behind a siege and hit one button for 30 mintues and kill whole groups.

yeah siege is supposed to hit hard but 30k treb? 15k oils? if you want to talk about irl siege would hit hard then why is a meatbag doing 15k damage AND a healing debuff? because in irl they were used to spread disease not for damage.

siege is very powerful right now and does not need a 30k buff. the siege is hitting so hard already that people don't push into keeps which makes the fights last 30+ minutes until everyone hits a load screen and dies
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    RedGirl41 wrote: »
    this game is catering to casual players way too much. I don't care if you like to siege and zerg, that's up to you. but you shouldn't be able to endlessly sit behind a siege and hit one button for 30 mintues and kill whole groups.

Why doesn't one single person out of that group charge into that person using a siege, instead of cuddling with the rest right into the big giant red circle that's slowly appearing?
    RedGirl41 wrote: »
    yeah siege is supposed to hit hard but 30k treb? 15k oils? if you want to talk about irl siege would hit hard then why is a meatbag doing 15k damage AND a healing debuff? because in irl they were used to spread disease not for damage.

Trebs don't hit for 30K, neither do oils hit for 15K...

I don't know what game some of you guys are playing. The numbers you guys are posting don't even reflect reality. I did a lot of keep defense yesterday, and on average, when hitting 10-20 different ennemies during a siege with my oils (I usually run either two or three oils at a time), maybe one single person per keep defense died to my oil.

My Killer Blade does more kills than that.

So if your entire group dies to one single siege, you must be playing a different game from the rest of us, because I definitely don't observe that.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor zerg balls, siege is getting buffed.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yummm. Deep-fried zerg ball. Just like granny used to make.
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blobing is way too effective in what it does. It should only apply the status effect on players. Not do any damage, its way to easy to sit in the back and kill an entire group of people just by firing it once. By buffing Ball Groups you just incentivize people to instead of actually engaging in combat, sit in a ball and aimlessly blob them to death.

Fixed
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • LuciusOctavio
    LuciusOctavio
    ✭✭✭
    I drop siege all the time in every battle, and if you smart, you would too. It is an additional weapon that will only cost you a small amount of AP to inflict massive damage.

Its the most effective way to seperate a Zerg, thus giving your team the ability to challenge a Zerg. It can help you defend Keeps through counter siege. Trust me, when you want to stop a ram, you want Fire Oils working at 110%.

If a group of mages are coming at you, you want lightning ballistas, if Stamwardens at the gate oil catapults, want to debuff. Scatter shot. Need to open a door, Rams, need to take down a wall ballistas and trebuchets.

Siege is a powerful ally and friend, not an enemy.

A siege in need, is a friend indeed.

• Silverhand2156
    Silverhand2156
    ✭✭✭
    Ball groups are adorable :)

Pretending to be the best elite players around yet screaming and whining about litterally anything that's somewhat effective against them
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buffing siege affects ball groups less than anyone else on the map, actually.

Think about it.

A half decent ball group just has to have another player or two switch to purger.

Done.

Fixed the problem.

What about everyone else? What do they do? Die in the 3rd breach they made.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good so they know how to buff siege properly. it already hits super hard in non CP and needs NO buff there.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    NERF SIEGE 33k cold fire trebuchet (not vampire) is so broken. Most brain dead way to play. Siege should be used on structures only. Using it to kill players takes no skill.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NERF SIEGE 33k cold fire trebuchet (not vampire) is so broken. Most brain dead way to play. Siege should be used on structures only. Using it to kill players takes no skill.

What's the matter you stray too far from your pocket healer again? lmao
    Edited by TequilaFire on April 28, 2019 8:13PM
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »

Think about it.

A half decent ball group just has to have another player or two switch to purger.

Done.

Fixed the problem.

Purger won't save you from burst damage that a siege engine can provide. During the "siege bug week" I haven't seen even a single ballgroup.
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve had this thoughts since launch. If you look at the date this post was posted it was one day before patch notes were released. Only applying the status effects on people is extremely strong already. Having already one shot potential and applying debuffs is over powered.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Again, for the last time: Cold Fire Treb hits for 10-15K, not 33K... You are definitely not getting one-shotted for 33K by these. You visibly don't know how to read the Death Recap screen.
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Think about it.

Done.

Fixed the problem.

Purger won't save you from burst damage that a siege engine can provide. During the "siege bug week" I haven't seen even a single ballgroup.

You know that players can deal burst damage as well against a group? Yeah, i know. It is mind blowing. You actually can play with others together to beat other groups of players instead of camping behind a siege weapon.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Listen to this guy... he thinks the game will be better without siege weapons that can kill a player and players that need small groups of people to defeat them. That's what happens when you get into college on an invisible rowing team.
    Lethal zergling
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Think about it.

Done.

Fixed the problem.

You know that players can deal burst damage as well against a group? Yeah, i know. It is mind blowing. You actually can play with others together to beat other groups of players instead of camping behind a siege weapon.

Really? Players can burst down other players? Wow! I didn't know that! All this time when I used any of my combos I thought enemies died of magical butterflies infesting their intestines. Thank you for this information :D

Now lets be serious - don't you think it's kinda broken when 4 good players shoot one guy with their best combos and that guy just stands and keeps ignoring them because there is a bunch of healers giving him at least 20k healing every second?
    I have been in a situation like that. A ballgroup took position on a castles wall, placed trebushets and kept firing them at the inner keep. Their healers where mitigating all damage. All of it. My combo that kills 90% of players in Cyrodill (noCP) didn't even scratch his armor.

Furthermore camping behind your siege engines is actually a bad idea, even if those siege engines are overpowered. During the siege bug week the smart, veteran PvPers were fighting in front of friendly siege engines. They were keeping the line drawn by the siege fire while other smart PvPers were flanking enemy players and enemy siege engines operators.
    Sieges were just drawing lines on the battlefield and preventing stacking. Fights were decided with actual player versus player combat. If anyone died to a siege engine it was either because of lag which kills in other situations as well, or because they weren't good enough to roll dodge.

Siege
    • Siege damage in CP-Enabled Campaigns will now hit approximately 30% harder than prior update adjustments. Damage in No-CP Campaigns remains the same.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5972679/#Comment_5972679

Siege is getting a buff in the next update.

Which is a terrible idea because it’s already broken op.

"Broken op"? Are you serious? All you need to do is press one button. ONE BUTTON! To completely and totally mitigate all of siege damage. And it's not like you have to do it in a split second. No! You have more than enough time.
    Furthermore that siege has quite a long reload time. You can literally burst someone down if you are good, before they reload. Or use a CC to completely rpevent the siege operator from firing for a while.
    And you know where it is going to shoot at. You can literally see where the siege engine is pointed to.
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem is large groups that outnumber smaller groups will set up 20/20 open field to kill them. Instead of actually fighting them. Using things like siege shield and purge is completely useless when there’s 30 people on siege shooting at a tower. Siege does way to much damage. Having it do more damage is not a good idea at all.