Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

WOW "refugees" coming to ESO?

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I played WoW for a while - from Cata to mid-WoD.

Came here, at launch, for the first few months then had to leave due to techinical issues.

Played GW2, for a while, then came back here about 20 months ago.

Interestingly, I still feel somewhat like a "WoW refugee" even though it's been five years, now.

So, I left considerably longer ago than the amount of time I played.

Think it's the WoW-induced PTSD that makes it feel that way?
  • Galadius
    Galadius
    ✭✭✭
    therift wrote: »
    WoWsers are fairly easy to spot:

Characters are 'Toons'
    Magicka is 'Manna'
    Trials are 'Raids'

Welcome them. They're leaving a ship that started sinking in 2014.

As a WoW refugee who is GM of my own guild in ESO named "Azerothian Refugee Camp" for me and my GF:

WoW was dying LONG before 2014. I could type a wall of text capable of holding back the Night King for eons if I started telling you why.

Suffice it to say, and in my honest opinion, WoW has been dying quite a long, long time before 2014.
    You wouldn't worry so much about what other people thought about you, if you knew how little they did. - ??
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played WoW and then ESO. Between them both i would play definitly ESO, but i canceled my subscription and i'm playing now heroes of the storm. Why?

I can't stand ESO anymore. The list of Bugs, loading screens, lag in pvp, battlegrounds that never start, crashes and etc etc made me reevaluate why do i play a game that has a terrible performance. There is nothing more I would like to do than play ESO but sadly i had to made an ethical and moral decision over the rest.

My only option now because of the lack of time I have is to play HOS. The pairing system is a nightmare, but it's better than League of legends in terms of addiction and levels of anger you can achieve. At least is a very stable game, with no bugs where you can play in peace a few games and go to bed.

ESO is alive because there is no other MMO that can do it better right now. But is a matter of time till something new and "good" appears and ESO will fall like nothing in matter of months.

Many pro players like Fengrush or Sypherpk already since a long time are not playing it anymore and it has a very good reason. The reason is that anyone that know this game very game and played for a long time knows when enough is enough.
  • elytherial
    elytherial
    ✭✭
    I've been playing WoW for a really long time. It is hard to leave a game where you have invested so much into. I still log on over there daily... just to log off usually in a few minutes. Even while doing weekly guild things, I find myself wanting to switch back over to ESO.

ESO has been a really good time, even if it has been a bit overwhelming. When given so many choices of class/character, I tend to freak out and not know what direction to choose. But that is my own problem which I hope will be remedied soon. :s
  • Laz
    Laz
    ✭✭✭
    I never really left, but I stopped playing often. Though this 8 hour maintenance period has me a bit sad.
    Been around watchin'. Time to start talkin'. - Twitch: twitch.tv/lazisonline
    Prior host of TESO Elite game-play twitch streams