Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

WOW "refugees" coming to ESO?

• Liferefugee
    Liferefugee
    ✭✭
    therift wrote: »
    WoWsers are fairly easy to spot:

Characters are 'Toons'
    Magicka is 'Manna'
    Trials are 'Raids'

Welcome them. They're leaving a ship that started sinking in 2014.

Eh, those only identify players of early MMOs. I never played WOW, EQ and LOTRO were my games and I say all 3 of those.
  • Ashfen
    Ashfen
    ✭✭✭✭

Blizzard recently announced that the next Diablo game would be mobile-only, in front of a crowd of hardcore PC gamers, and when the crowd expressed their dismay at the news, the Blizzard spokesman literally asked them "Do you not have phones?"

The best moment is when a guy stood up and asked if it was an April fool's joke.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ashfen wrote: »

Blizzard recently announced that the next Diablo game would be mobile-only, in front of a crowd of hardcore PC gamers, and when the crowd expressed their dismay at the news, the Blizzard spokesman literally asked them "Do you not have phones?"

The best moment is when a guy stood up and asked if it was an April fool's joke.

I know right?

I've watched the event a few times on YouTube. Bad as I feel for the gamers in the crowd, there is a bit of dark comedy to be had from just how dumb Blizzard were that day.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The one thing i do miss from WoW is the Hadouken addon. Wish, hope, pleed ESO gets a similar version lol.

https://youtu.be/p6OQZxruzY8
    Edited by StormeReigns on March 23, 2019 7:05PM
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »

Characters are 'Toons'
    Magicka is 'Manna'
    Trials are 'Raids'

The only mm I've played is ESO, but I say toons because it's a heck of a lot faster to type than 'characters'.

Say "chars".
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From one former WoW Player, to the WoW Players joining ESO....

Welcome to ESO Lag!!
    Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkerKro wrote: »
    The one thing i do miss from WoW is the Hadouken addon. Wish, hope, pleed ESO gets a similar version lol.

aw man, they added Geeze to tekken 7 quite some time ago. It's just hadouken/double reppouken spam.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    SkerKro wrote: »

aw man, they added Geeze to tekken 7 quite some time ago. It's just hadouken/double reppouken spam.
    Main reason i enjoyed it, was it drove my wife crazy. I dont have to hear a thing and she did.

She enjoys watching me play ESO, and figured a bit ol'nostalgia for a bit. :smiley:
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jarndyce wrote: »
    If true thats awesome imo. Adding new players is good for the game. Larger playerbase means more revenue for ZOS. More revenue for ZOS means more content development. More content development means more game enjoyment.

If only this were true, but it’s NOT. It also shows how little people actually understand about economics, capitalism, and how corporate culture works in America and the rest of the world.

It’s been proven in trickle down economics and it’s been proven with tax breaks and other methods over the last 30 years.

Companies make the most amount of profit with the least amount of resources spent as possible.

Any increased profits they make from WOW players or anyone else will go directly into the pockets of the CEO and shareholders of the company, an increase in the size of their dividend check, very, very, very little of that money will be invested in the game if any at all.

You forget that Zenimax board of directors and CEO call the shots on where the money goes, ZOS has no say at all. As long as ESO is turning a profit inside the margins they project that money will go to investors not to improve their product.

The content they are creating was already budgeted for and forecasted in the yearly budgets. Everything is planned.

Any increase in profits won’t be spent to improve the game, this has already been proven by ZOS many times. All the influx of money from paid chapters nothing was improved the game still lags and has the same bugs from 2014. That money went to shareholders and in the pockets of the CEO and Zenimax media not to be used to make the game better.

Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashfen wrote: »

I know right?

I've watched the event a few times on YouTube. Bad as I feel for the gamers in the crowd, there is a bit of dark comedy to be had from just how dumb Blizzard were that day.

They forgot their target audience and tried to reuse assets into craving into phone market niche. I blame the suits who cared more about $ then game design. Which should be balanced between two.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not exactly a MMO fan per se.
    But I have heard some sort of tragedy has struck WOW.
    And that, that is causing some refugees to come to ESO.

I don't pay much attention to the Activision/Blizzard/WoW scene, but they recently did a bunch of layoffs.

Layoffs and high profile staff changes tend to bring about doom and gloom. Once vibrant games full of players are suddenly empty of players, even though there has been no change in population. Graphs, figures, numbers, and "facts" need to be collected and shared to show this decline, even if it is a decline in the number of left handed redheads wearing prescription eye wear who play the game between midnight and 1am, only on Thursdays.

My guess is that this is the "tragedy" that has befallen the WoW. Rest in Peace, dear Azeroth.

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmcgibbo wrote: »
    Nothing would make me happier.

Makes my day when I see new players in the game

I LOVE running into new people. It's good to have 'em.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a double refugee...WoW and Neverwinter...
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hamish999 wrote: »

Characters are 'Toons'
    Magicka is 'Manna'
    Trials are 'Raids'

I call my characters 'toons' and I've never played a single minute of WoW. Never used the other 2 examples BTW (manna and raid).

But welcome to any and all new players, the more the merrier :D

I call my characters "toons" because of Roger Rabbit
    PC EU
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange I havent seen any Refugee Camps full of undead and panda characters.
    Gratewood has an refugee camp for Argonians, it has been there since launch with the same Argonians still in it.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    max_only wrote: »
    "You guys all have smart phones, right?" - Clueless game developer

Let's not forget WoWsers bring a wealth of MMO experience with them, which is doubly welcome :)

At the risk of derailing link me why they need smartphones? I always thought a mmo with an optional app would be stellar, maybe this will change my mind.

Really?! Ffs. That is ridiculous.

Why on earth would you want to play such a game on a bloody mobile?

Idiots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly10r6m_-n8

I had a long reply but suffice it to say:

Elder Scrolls Blades is on the way.

#FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's not forget WoWsers bring a wealth of MMO experience with them, which is doubly welcome :)

At the risk of derailing link me why they need smartphones? I always thought a mmo with an optional app would be stellar, maybe this will change my mind.

Idiots.
    And they messed up, Bethesda announced an new mobile TES game, they also announced TES6.
    Nobody complained. Even if TES6 is long ahead.

FO76 drew some controversy however.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Idiots.

Yeah but there's still eso 6 and blades has multiple platforms. They did this one to right.
  • Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a Diablo refugee. Like me I am sure wow players are grieving at their loss of the love of their game (or loss of connection with blizzard?). I am sorry for your loss and my thoughts are with you.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Typical tone deff developers.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jarndyce wrote: »
    If true thats awesome imo. Adding new players is good for the game. Larger playerbase means more revenue for ZOS. More revenue for ZOS means more content development. More content development means more game enjoyment.

If only this were true, but it’s NOT. It also shows how little people actually understand about economics, capitalism, and how corporate culture works in America and the rest of the world.

It’s been proven in trickle down economics and it’s been proven with tax breaks and other methods over the last 30 years.

Companies make the most amount of profit with the least amount of resources spent as possible.

Any increased profits they make from WOW players or anyone else will go directly into the pockets of the CEO and shareholders of the company, an increase in the size of their dividend check, very, very, very little of that money will be invested in the game if any at all.

You forget that Zenimax board of directors and CEO call the shots on where the money goes, ZOS has no say at all. As long as ESO is turning a profit inside the margins they project that money will go to investors not to improve their product.

The content they are creating was already budgeted for and forecasted in the yearly budgets. Everything is planned.

Any increase in profits won’t be spent to improve the game, this has already been proven by ZOS many times. All the influx of money from paid chapters nothing was improved the game still lags and has the same bugs from 2014. That money went to shareholders and in the pockets of the CEO and Zenimax media not to be used to make the game better.

Ah, my skeptical friend, how little you know how capitalism works. I know you won't like to hear this, but painting capitalism and corporate culture with such a broad brush is prejudiced, perhaps even bigoted. Things are nothing like you believe. I feel for you, though.
    Edited by therift on March 23, 2019 9:29PM
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Characters are 'Toons'
    Magicka is 'Manna'
    Trials are 'Raids'

I use toons and raids just cos it's easier and catchier than the alternatives. Magicka I just call Mag though (pronounced Maj)
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Idiots.

And so is TESVI.

At least Bethesda has announced both.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Characters are 'Toons'
    Magicka is 'Manna'
    Trials are 'Raids'

This is so true, I call my characters “toons” and call trials “raids” all the tine. And I have been playing ESO since beta. :D
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Idiots.

Yeah but there's still eso 6 and blades has multiple platforms. They did this one to right.

I thought we had confirmation that Blades would be mobile only. Either way, not going to sweat it too much, as you said, TES6 is also on the way (for sometime in the distant future.)
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Checks whether Blizzard or Activision shows up in the intro of the game*

Phew

To play this game on a mobile phone :/ pure nightmare.
    I'd like to drink my beer next to a screen the size of my eyesight area (well, almost), for relaxation and immursiun.

Damned.

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats what the dev of the Command and Conquer mobile game said to the audience at E3.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Idiots.

I thought we had confirmation that Blades would be mobile only. Either way, not going to sweat it too much, as you said, TES6 is also on the way (for sometime in the distant future.)

It won't be PC but it was not just mobile. I recall switch was option but there's was showcase how it will cross over from different systems. Then again only half awake when watched announcement.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Idiots.

And so is TESVI.

At least Bethesda has announced both.

Yep. And unlike the developers of Diablo, Bethesda was clear that Blades is a mobile game. The Diablo developers misled their customers. That room was packed with Diablo fans who had been led to believe they were about to hear about the next Diablo desktop title.

I'd have thrown my smart phone at that smirking clown.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a WoW and RIFT refugee. I played WoW from 2006 to 2013, saw the handwriting on the wall with the stuff that was going on with WoD and the "no flying in new content" thing; I canceled 7 accounts (renewing every six months) and have never been back.

Ditto with RIFT though I was only there from 2013 to 2016, and I honestly don't remember now what was the last straw, but there are some things I just won't go along with. I only had 5 accounts to cancel there.

A good RL friend started talking about his fun playing ESO on a forum I run. And his screenies were just GORGEOUS. So here I am....