Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

WOW "refugees" coming to ESO?

madeeh91rwb17_ESO
madeeh91rwb17_ESO
✭✭✭✭
I am not exactly a MMO fan per se.
But I have heard some sort of tragedy has struck WOW.
And that, that is causing some refugees to come to ESO.

Can someone put more light on the subject? Someone who knows a thing or two about WOW?

Cause if it's true, than that would be awesome.

Example:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=lZimRapH334

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yrT9NYvi7Fg

I think it's high time ZOS pauses the crown store legion for a while and polish the living crap out of the game by working on bugs, lag, CP system etc.
So the players coming to check things out don't get bummed out by stuff.

---
P.S. Give daggers and maces spell crit and spell pen(so necromancers can use daggers :smile: )
Edited by madeeh91rwb17_ESO on March 23, 2019 4:51PM
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WoWsers are fairly easy to spot:

Characters are 'Toons'
    Magicka is 'Manna'
    Trials are 'Raids'

Welcome them. They're leaving a ship that started sinking in 2014.
  • mmcgibbo
    mmcgibbo
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing would make me happier.

Makes my day when I see new players in the game
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mmcgibbo wrote: »
    Nothing would make me happier.

Makes my day when I see new players in the game

Same. And this happens all the time in the guild I joined.

It truly is delightful.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you could technically say that i'm a wow refugee, though I stopped playing wow long before discovering ESO, and then came back to it for a time while still actively playing ESO.

that said. its not there tragedy struck WoW, its that Battle for Azeroth in general has all the issues Legion had, but worse. there is a LOT of gating. everywhere. meanwhile ESO just lets you loose and a world and gates no content.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Jarndyce
    Jarndyce
    ✭✭✭
    If true thats awesome imo. Adding new players is good for the game. Larger playerbase means more revenue for ZOS. More revenue for ZOS means more content development. More content development means more game enjoyment.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome former WoW players! :)
    I wish you the best of luck in your new adventure B)
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi, I'm SkerKro, Former WoWfugee. 3 years on ESO and 4 years WoW free.

And never been happier. ESO actually has a community that is enjoyable, even the bad mean ones are vastly more pleasant. Plus havent been kicked from trials, vets, normals, and guilds for being deaf (unlike in wow, where i was told, thats fine i just need to listen my head phones for instructions, or kicked cause they didnt want to learn sign language despite typing out their reasons to kick me - yes this was normal every day thing for me on WoW when trying to do end game ).

Oh... this isnt AA for WoW? ...

Edit: fat [Chub, saltwater bait] fingers
    Edited by StormeReigns on March 23, 2019 5:43PM
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never played WoW. But I want to say it's a good thing ESO may be inheriting new players from an MMO rather than losing players to an MMO.

Personally I'm over all the doom and gloom.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not a strategy. Just korean mmo levels of grind, timegating, game design that doesn't hold up to modern day and tone deaf developers "you think you don't want it, but you do" and "we know better".
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tradegy*

why "edit" button is gone?
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "You guys all have smart phones, right?" - Clueless game developer

Let's not forget WoWsers bring a wealth of MMO experience with them, which is doubly welcome :)
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Strange I havent seen any Refugee Camps full of undead and panda characters.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    therift wrote: »

Let's not forget WoWsers bring a wealth of MMO experience with them, which is doubly welcome :)

At the risk of derailing link me why they need smartphones? I always thought a mmo with an optional app would be stellar, maybe this will change my mind.
    Edited by max_only on March 23, 2019 6:09PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Characters are 'Toons'
    Magicka is 'Manna'
    Trials are 'Raids'

Hey I say toon but that's thanks to everquest not wow lol
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Characters are 'Toons'
    Magicka is 'Manna'
    Trials are 'Raids'

The only mm I've played is ESO, but I say toons because it's a heck of a lot faster to type than 'characters'.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Characters are 'Toons'
    Magicka is 'Manna'
    Trials are 'Raids'

Not really correct.

I hated WoW. Did not get past the first month. I called characters toons before stepping foot into WoW. Have also called large group content raids since forever. Trials is just a name in ESO. Raids is large group content, even have run with small groups in Cyro that called what they did raids.

So the above comments about how to spot people from WoW is far from accurate.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

At the risk of derailing link me why they need smartphones? I always thought a mmo with an optional app would be stellar, maybe this will change my mind.

Blizzard recently announced that the next Diablo game would be mobile-only, in front of a crowd of hardcore PC gamers, and when the crowd expressed their dismay at the news, the Blizzard spokesman literally asked them "Do you not have phones?"
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Come on over

image.png
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Characters are 'Toons'
    Magicka is 'Manna'
    Trials are 'Raids'

Saying all those things and never played Wow :neutral:
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkerKro wrote: »
    Hi, I'm SkerKro, Former WoWfugee. 3 years on ESO and 4 years WoW free.

Thats a sick opening rap line, old school!
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In my experience that can be both good and bad. Some of the people I've know who really, really struggled to learn a new game found it difficult specifically because they went into it expecting everything to be just like the last game they played in that genre and then they got confused or stuck any time they came across something which worked differently.

Not saying experience from previous games can't help, it definitely can (I think everyone's first RPG is a bit overwhelming) but you need to remember to pay attention to what this game is telling you as well and not just rely on previous experience.

Nothing to do with WoW, but recently Blizzard announced a new Diablo game which is going to be made for smart phones (previously the series had been on PC) and when it became clear this wasn't a popular move that was their response - like the only reason anyone wouldn't want to play a game on their phone is because they don't have one.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Slack wrote: »

Characters are 'Toons'
    Magicka is 'Manna'
    Trials are 'Raids'

Saying all those things and never played Wow :neutral:

Me too.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From what I have heard battle for azeroth (their new expansion) has sucked. Has been out for like 8 months with not much improvement.

to any wow players, welcome and happy to have you!

if for any reason you jumped on the ps4 na version of eso hmu.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Blizzard recently announced that the next Diablo game would be mobile-only, in front of a crowd of hardcore PC gamers, and when the crowd expressed their dismay at the news, the Blizzard spokesman literally asked them "Do you not have phones?"

Really?! Ffs. That is ridiculous.

Why on earth would you want to play such a game on a bloody mobile?

Idiots.
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Characters are 'Toons'
    Magicka is 'Manna'
    Trials are 'Raids'

I call my characters 'toons' and I've never played a single minute of WoW. Never used the other 2 examples BTW (manna and raid).

But welcome to any and all new players, the more the merrier :D
    Edited by Hamish999 on March 23, 2019 6:33PM
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD
    Rosara Laumont - Breton - Warden Healer - AD
    Do'Darri - Khajiit - Stam Arcanist - AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played wow for a day and eso over 3 years.
  • thedovahmon
    thedovahmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a Korean MMO refugee myself-
    I'd say we welcome the WoW refugees with Stinky arms and open fish!!!... Wait.
    "Voted most likely to reply with a reaction image. According to the Mournhold High School Yearbook."
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »

Idiots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly10r6m_-n8
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a wow refugee per say... only because this didn't exist when wow did. I loved the warlock class because it reminded me of the sorcerer class in ES games.

Man how did they *** it up in ESO though? LOL

But seriously WoW is an old game, surprised it lasted this long and ZoS can take some hints from them in how not to do micro transactions.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »

Idiots.

Would be fine, IF it was cross port/platform. Which diablo fans first thought. Play on the PC, and phone when on the go to keep up with the game. Which would be ridiculously popular and make them insane cash and more players.

But...

"Only for the mobile, no pc port for this ever. You think you dont want this, but we know you do, dont you all have phones anyway..."

Nothing like shooting yourself in the foot to make a point. They just decided to up their rounds from a pistol to double barrel shotgun and aimed for their own knees instead of the foot.
    Edited by StormeReigns on March 23, 2019 6:43PM