Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

WOW "refugees" coming to ESO?

• IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    therift wrote: »
    WoWsers are fairly easy to spot:

Characters are 'Toons'
    Magicka is 'Manna'
    Trials are 'Raids'

Welcome them. They're leaving a ship that started sinking in 2014.

I never played WoW and call magicka 'mana', and trials 'raids'. xD
    Only MMOs ever played ESO & Archeage
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am not exactly a MMO fan per se.
    But I have heard some sort of tragedy has struck WOW.
    And that, that is causing some refugees to come to ESO.

Can someone put more light on the subject? Someone who knows a thing or two about WOW?

Cause if it's true, than that would be awesome.

Example:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=lZimRapH334

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yrT9NYvi7Fg

I think it's high time ZOS pauses the crown store legion for a while and polish the living crap out of the game by working on bugs, lag, CP system etc.
    So the players coming to check things out don't get bummed out by stuff.

---
    P.S. Give daggers and maces spell crit and spell pen(so necromancers can use daggers :smile: )

Wow, if Asmon leaves Wow yeah that's bad ha
  • SFDB
    SFDB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    max_only wrote: »
    "You guys all have smart phones, right?" - Clueless game developer

Let's not forget WoWsers bring a wealth of MMO experience with them, which is doubly welcome :)

At the risk of derailing link me why they need smartphones? I always thought a mmo with an optional app would be stellar, maybe this will change my mind.

Blizzard recently announced that the next Diablo game would be mobile-only, in front of a crowd of hardcore PC gamers, and when the crowd expressed their dismay at the news, the Blizzard spokesman literally asked them "Do you not have phones?"

Really?! Ffs. That is ridiculous.

Why on earth would you want to play such a game on a bloody mobile?

Idiots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly10r6m_-n8

I had a long reply but suffice it to say:

Elder Scrolls Blades is on the way.

And so is TESVI.

At least Bethesda has announced both.

Yep. And unlike the developers of Diablo, Bethesda was clear that Blades is a mobile game. The Diablo developers misled their customers. That room was packed with Diablo fans who had been led to believe they were about to hear about the next Diablo desktop title.

I'd have thrown my smart phone at that smirking clown.

"The next version is only playable by inserting this nobbly controller within the user's rectum."

[boos]

"Do you people not have rectums? What's the problem?"
  • Seminolegirl1992
    Seminolegirl1992
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »

Characters are 'Toons'
    Magicka is 'Manna'
    Trials are 'Raids'

The only mm I've played is ESO, but I say toons because it's a heck of a lot faster to type than 'characters'.

Same. Only MMO I play is ESO and I hate typing "characters." Also easier to say raid.
    @Seminolegirl1992 PC/NA CP 2400+ PVE, PVP, RP, Housing: Tel Galen, Fair Winds, Moon Sugar, Grand Psijic, Forsaken, HOTLC, Bastion, Ravenhurst, Gardner, Alinor, Hakkvild's, Gorinir, Kragenhome, Hundings, & more- feel free to come see!
    Former Empress | Swashbuckler Supreme | Godslayer | Gryphon Heart | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Dro-m'athra Destroyer | Dawnbringer
  • Morbus2
    Morbus2
    ✭✭✭
    WoW player here. I haven't left the game completely, but I rarely log in any more. Almost everything is "gated" and it gets very frustrating. Dev's seem to have completely lost touch with its player base.

So, after about a 5 year absence from ESO I decided to come back and many of the issues and bugs that caused me to leave the game back in 2014 have been resolved.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's going to suck for new players that want to enjoy/experience dungeons.
    Aside from the DLC dungeons, one veteran player can carry you through the whole thing.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Characters are 'Toons'
    Magicka is 'Manna'
    Trials are 'Raids'

Never played WoW.
    Never hung out with anyone who did.

' Toons are ' Toons.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Not a strategy. Just korean mmo levels of grind, timegating, game design that doesn't hold up to modern day and tone deaf developers "you think you don't want it, but you do" and "we know better".

That's true enough. As much as I hate some of the issues in ESO, there are no other decent MMOs at the moment. I tried BDO for quite some time and I'm still not sure if I have a soul left after that grind.

Edit: ...and then there are days that I enter Cyrodiil and remember why I left lol. God I hope they re-work CP soon.
    Edited by JaJaLuka on March 24, 2019 12:31PM
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Characters are 'Toons'
    Magicka is 'Manna'
    Trials are 'Raids'

I'm not WOWser, but i use those words, especially mana which is common term in fantasy genre, i don't know why in TES mana is always called "magicka", what a nonsense.
  • asuzab16_ESO
    asuzab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I've played both WoW and ESO continuously since their releases and I still like them both, ESO for its questing, lore and RPG elements, WoW for its combat, end game and overall more polished experience. To me, they complement each other very well as where one does very well, the other one tend to lack. I wish that one of them would do things perfectly well but since they don't, I've been be playing both for years now.

However, I have been spending a lot more time on ESO recently because with BFA, Blizzard has been pushing in a direction that I've been critizing for years : more repeatable content, more time gating, more RNG instead. ZOS understood the message when players complained about the stupid timegating of the Dark Brotherhood DLC but Blizzard didn't and made a whole extension out of it, pushing me to invest more time in ESO.

That said, there are a lot of things in WoW that ZOS should take example of, like raid content but mainly polishing. Every single time I log back on ESO after playing WoW, I am absolutely shocked with how unpolished this game is. It is not normal to have so many memory, fps, latency and loading screens issues, especially when the game seems to be doing great with a lot of new players and a new expansion coming. I can clearly see players being turned away because of that amateurism and I hope ZOS addresses these issues in the following months because if they do, I strongly believe that they have a chance to make ESO a better MMO than WoW ever was.
  • sillydeb
    sillydeb
    Soul Shriven
    I came to ESO from DC universe online.

It was like seeing color for the first time.
  • alanmatillab16_ESO
    alanmatillab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The WoW players have been here for years, why do you think there is an obsession for damage meters and crying for nerfs when a different class does 2% more damage.
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoW is *** now and has been going downhill since cataclysm, its end game RNG but on a scale ESO hopefully will never know.
    Imagine farming in a dungeon for a set that might drop at CP160 but it might also drop at CP161-CP180+, it might drop with an enchant but it might also drop with 2, its trait might range from useless to required to play your spec, imagine every BiS piece having <1% drop chance, the entire end game of wow is basically grinding CP, but think having to grind infinite levels of CP rather than the 3 tiers we have in ESO; 160, 300 & current cp cap.

People in ESO complain about CP and sets but go play wow and you would realise how good the game has it.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • Gretzel
    Gretzel
    ✭✭✭
    I quit WoW 6 years ago. Over-rated to hell and back. I wish everyone would leave it.

[edited to remove bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_RikardD on March 24, 2019 2:50PM
    Sorc dps / DK tank / Templar healer - Xbox NA - Black Marsh Legion - cp 270
  • Stonen80ub17_ESO
    We called them toon/characters, Mana and Raids in EverQuest WAY before WoW.
  • L0rdV1ct0r
    L0rdV1ct0r
    ✭✭✭

WoW started to die on catalysm. If you see any chart, you will see that wow lost every RPG element. ESO is not good in RPG elements as previous games, but compared to other mmos, is an amazing game.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am not exactly a MMO fan per se.
    But I have heard some sort of tragedy has struck WOW.
    And that, that is causing some refugees to come to ESO.

Can someone put more light on the subject? Someone who knows a thing or two about WOW?

Cause if it's true, than that would be awesome.

Example:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=lZimRapH334

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yrT9NYvi7Fg

I think it's high time ZOS pauses the crown store legion for a while and polish the living crap out of the game by working on bugs, lag, CP system etc.
    So the players coming to check things out don't get bummed out by stuff.

---
    P.S. Give daggers and maces spell crit and spell pen(so necromancers can use daggers :smile: )

Blizzard put WoW on rails for the sake accessibility. I wouldn't think of prior WoW players as "refugees". That's a little dramatic. I can safely say that I mostly just got bored with WoW, starting back in WoD when Blizzard went in their ill-conceived crusade against flying. Pathfinder made it worse.

I figured that if I'm going to have to run around on foot everywhere I go, I might as well do it in a game with better combat and character customization mechanics. Er go, I now spend the bulk of my time and money on ESO instead of WoW.

Zos really should send a thank you letter or something to Blizzard for all business that Blizzard sent their way...
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More players mean that servers gonna burn.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only MMO I play is ESO and I hate typing "characters."

In theory "alt" is easier, possibly faster, to type on a keyboard than "toon". :smile:

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In theory "alt" is easier, possibly faster, to type on a keyboard than "toon". :smile:

but toon can refer to both main and alt :D
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    Tia413 wrote: »
    you know, I honestly don't get the hate for pandas. 1. they were part of the lore since warcraft 3 and there are references to Chen back in Vanilla WoW. 2. they are fun to play

that said... WoW and ESO have more in common than existence of quests and pvp, but they ARE very different games in many aspects. ironically, whenever I go back to WoW, I miss so many things I have in ESO... like better travel, more open, less gated world, outfit system (costs notwithstanding, ESO outfit system is leagues above what WoW has), housing, heck even character designer. so... yeah :P

Why so serious..... I was trying to make light of the possible reason I can't even play ESO right now. The lag here lately logs me off the game almost as fast as I get on. ESO+ days just going to waste.

I was just trying to have some fun.

Geez...chill plz :):):)

I.. thought I was pretty chill? O_O (at least in this thread, in event tickets thread, I truly have no chill :P ) and I mean.. there is a lot of hate for pandas out there for some reason :/ if it made sense with a lore, I actualy wouldn't mind playable pandas in ESO.. but.. it doesn't actualy make sense unless they just shove them in and that would be... awkward O_O

Well Tamriel has cat people, lizard people and ape people (the Imga) (as well as goblins, trolls, hagravens and many other humanoid races) and Akavir has monkey people, snake people, tiger people as well as dragons, the kamal 'snow demons' and who knows what else, so a race of humanoid pandas who could one day be player characters in a game wouldn't actually seem that far-fetched. If anything I think it'd be easier to fit into TES than it was in Warcraft.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

but toon can refer to both main and alt :D

So can "alt" because no one really cares that it is your "main". Well, at least, I don't. :smile:
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how 90% of this thread is about how we refer to our characters. I bet the WoW players don't even care how one refers to their characters.... It's not a big deal guys lol.

It's all the same.
  • Commancho
    Commancho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jarndyce wrote: »
    If true thats awesome imo. Adding new players is good for the game. Larger playerbase means more revenue for ZOS. More revenue for ZOS means more content development. More content development means more game enjoyment.
    The greatest issue of ESO is performance and quality of content, not lack of it and there is no revenue which could change it untill someone in charge there won't realise this simple fact. Actually I think that flow of new players would make things worse, because increased revenue would make ZOS think they are doing things right, while we can surely expect more lags and generally hosting issues due more stress in the peak hours.
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Played wow for a day and eso over 3 years.

That was an expensive day :P
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • Nemeliom
    Nemeliom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Digiman wrote: »
    But seriously WoW is an old game, surprised it lasted this long and ZoS can take some hints from them in how not to do micro transactions.

I agree wow did great. But ESO micro transactions are not an issue. It mostly is a cosmetic thing. And if you ever want an item hidden behind a dlc dungeon, you can pay 1 month, get your items + get some crowns etc. In wow you have to pay every month.
    Baradur Morker - Level 50 Bosmer Nightblade
    Le-Duck - Level 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Boom-Stormer - Level 50 High Elf Sorcerer
    Nemeliom the Great - Level 50 Redguard Warden
    Crazy Little Maggie - Level 50 High Elf Templar
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Characters are 'Toons'
    Magicka is 'Manna'
    Trials are 'Raids'

ive never played wow and everyone ive every played with uses those terms

Interesting. I never heard those terms until I started playing with WoWsers. :)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zacuel wrote: »
    I like how 90% of this thread is about how we refer to our characters. I bet the WoW players don't even care how one refers to their characters.... It's not a big deal guys lol.

It's all the same.

I don't know about in the WoW forums, because I never spent any time there, but in the game, people complained about the use of the term "toon" quite often. I usually saw it in Stormwind City on Scarlet Crusade.
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first MMO was WoW but it started to go downhill bad during WoD and has only gotten worse. I started looking for a new game to play a while back and found ESO. Honestly I was a bit put off by there being no free trial but the game came highly recommended so I decided to buy it and give it a go. Do not regret it.

As for WoW, BfA looked interesting but all I can say now is thankfully I bought it with gold and not real cash because I unsubbed two weeks in. Yeah it's THAT bad. Players are abandoning that sinking ship by the millions and instead of listening to the players they keep doubling down on what is driving everyone away. Brilliant. After the XP ban debacle of this free-to-play weekend that they're doing right now I can't ever see supporting a company like them again.

I recommend ESO, FFXIV, and even GW2 to all WoW players if they want a better, more fun gaming experience. As for WoW, no king rules forever my son... bye Felicia.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Na0cho
    Na0cho
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much any mmo that was referenced in this thread is ***.

Did you people not play true mmos?

Ultima Online
    Darkfall
    Dark age of Camelot.

Also if you say toon instead of char I can’t be messin wit ya.