Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

WOW "refugees" coming to ESO?

• rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flickering?

A graphics glitch which can make some zones rather migraine inducing at least on PC. From bugs thread:

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZRJ-U38_mI

Depends of location, usually starts after few minutes playing at Cracklorn or Cryodiil but happens elsewhere to lesser extent.

Hopefully it gets fixed some year, preferably before gets worse. Problem being devs apparently do not see it.
    But this if off topic.
  • omarxz11
    omarxz11
    ✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Come on over

image.png

mom i never knew you play eso :neutral:
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    max_only wrote: »
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    therift wrote: »
    "You guys all have smart phones, right?" - Clueless game developer

Let's not forget WoWsers bring a wealth of MMO experience with them, which is doubly welcome :)

At the risk of derailing link me why they need smartphones? I always thought a mmo with an optional app would be stellar, maybe this will change my mind.

Blizzard recently announced that the next Diablo game would be mobile-only, in front of a crowd of hardcore PC gamers, and when the crowd expressed their dismay at the news, the Blizzard spokesman literally asked them "Do you not have phones?"

Really?! Ffs. That is ridiculous.

Why on earth would you want to play such a game on a bloody mobile?

Idiots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly10r6m_-n8

I had a long reply but suffice it to say:

Elder Scrolls Blades is on the way.

Yeah but there's still eso 6 and blades has multiple platforms. They did this one to right.

I thought we had confirmation that Blades would be mobile only. Either way, not going to sweat it too much, as you said, TES6 is also on the way (for sometime in the distant future.)

If i remember correctly Ps4 and xbox port anr on the table and will be release at some point post release just like fallout shelter is now on console
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    rpa wrote: »
    I'd be still playing Wildstar if it had not closed. Was very good game, combat and raids in particular but also a mismanaged, rushed and buggy abortion with much of promised content not materializing. (Lack of content made a grind necessary to keep players playing but grind without substantial content updates is dead end. Too bad.)

I've given WoW about 3 serious tries and each time I quit when I eventually found myself at max level fishing and collecting pets and nothing else. Strange how a game with millions of players and regular content updates can be so dead.

This far ESO has been pretty adequate fix, its a good and fun game even with its weird monetization (I'd gladly sub ESO+ but not only for craft bag / bank space) and flickering (which is not yet that bad out of Craglorn and Cryodiil) and mysteriously convoluted trading system (so I don't trade).

Every game has it's flaws but ESO seems to be alive, mostly playable and be fun to play.

I miss wildstar too. That one was pretty fun.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought we had confirmation that Blades would be mobile only. Either way, not going to sweat it too much, as you said, TES6 is also on the way (for sometime in the distant future.)

If i remember correctly Ps4 and xbox port anr on the table and will be release at some point post release just like fallout shelter is now on console

As far as I know, the initial platforms are mobile (iOS + Android) with other platforms (Windows, XBox, PS4, Switch) still off in the distant future. Blades was going to launch in 2018, too. Unless you consider "launch" to be an iOS closed beta, then plans have changed, so who knows what the current one is. Bethesda is only talking about mobile, at the moment.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    I quit WoW in the beginning of WotLK because it was taking up too much of my life. I really enjoyed the hell out of it and I feel like ESO checks a lot of boxes that I liked about WoW and adds some improvements. The grind of killing 1000 bloodscalp trolls to get 40 bloodscalp ears is thankfully absent. ESO is way more alt-friendly, you don't feel like you are sacrificing everything to start over. I definitely feel like WoW prepared me for ESO and other MMOs and I'll always remember the good times, shout out to anybody from the Perenolde US server!
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    Former WoWian here. Have been GM of a raiding guild, main tank and heals also. I had a rocky start to eso if I may day. Went back to wow for legion. Came back to eso and havent even set foot in BFA even though i bought it.
    Am addicted to eso BGs. Probably the best fun I have had with pvp and my god the skill cap is high.

I think i would be bored with the grind going back to WoW.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A fascinating article on the use of mana...how it developed from a Polynesian concept to video game lore...

http://theappendix.net/issues/2014/4/the-history-of-mana-how-an-austronesian-concept-became-a-video-game-mechanic
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've never played WoW in my life, but I call my characters "toons". Character or toons is like arguing over whether something is a tape or a cassette.
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BfA kinda messed up WoW...somewhat. A lot of people left. Kinda funny to see in WoW General chat "soo which game should I play, ESO or Final Fantasy?"

WoW is...not at a great state right now. ESO however is doing good and Elsweyr is just around the corner. :smile:
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Played WOW for a bit over a year around Catalysm.
    Left because guild fell apart again and I was a bit burned out also Skyrim was released.

Still we had the most fun raid ever, it failed because of drunkenness :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's not forget WoWsers bring a wealth of MMO experience with them, which is doubly welcome :)

At the risk of derailing link me why they need smartphones? I always thought a mmo with an optional app would be stellar, maybe this will change my mind.

Blizzard recently announced that the next Diablo game would be mobile-only, in front of a crowd of hardcore PC gamers, and when the crowd expressed their dismay at the news, the Blizzard spokesman literally asked them "Do you not have phones?"

Idiots.

I am a fan of Diablo...I have no problem with Blizzard making a mobile version...in fact, it would open up a broader audience. That isnt to say that ALL Diablo games must be mobile...its just a foray by Blizzard into a popular market...no reason for fans of the series to pitch a fit.
  • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    ✭✭✭
    WoWsers are fairly easy to spot:

Characters are 'Toons'
    Magicka is 'Manna'
    Trials are 'Raids'

Welcome them. They're leaving a ship that started sinking in 2014.

To be fair, many other games use Mana so people refer to it as that, not Magicka. And games like Destiny have Raids, not Trials. I think Toon is the only fair point. I barely played WoW, but I think of my other characters as toons. Meh
    New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
    Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
    My little rant I guess?:
      One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
      Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
      Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
      • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
      • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
      • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
      • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
      • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
      • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
      • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
      • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
      • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
      • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
      • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
      • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
      • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
      • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
      • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
      • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!
    • Yvarhna
      Yvarhna
      ✭✭✭
      I'm a former wow player, but only really started just before WoD came out, so more a baby wow player. There are certain things I miss from wow, but mostly my feral druid which was my main. I loved my cat so much, but I got burnt out towards the end of Legion, mostly from the raiding schedule with my guild, which was usually 3-4 times a week, sometimes going up to 2am in the morning on week nights. I constantly had to work things around raid nights.

Having already completed my mage tower looks for my druid and Dk, I felt it was a good time to finally say goodbye and take a break. ESO is something my husband and I can casually play together without the strict schedule we faced in wow. I purposefully haven't joined in trial groups because of how much the raiding scene really did burn me out.

I just run dungeons now and that's fine with me. There is plenty to do in ESO and I haven't gotten bored yet. And though I miss my druid, at least I can still be a cat in ESO :wink:
    • Anhedonie
      Anhedonie
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Yvarhna wrote: »
      I'm a former wow player, but only really started just before WoD came out, so more a baby wow player. There are certain things I miss from wow, but mostly my feral druid which was my main. I loved my cat so much, but I got burnt out towards the end of Legion, mostly from the raiding schedule with my guild, which was usually 3-4 times a week, sometimes going up to 2am in the morning on week nights. I constantly had to work things around raid nights.

Having already completed my mage tower looks for my druid and Dk, I felt it was a good time to finally say goodbye and take a break. ESO is something my husband and I can casually play together without the strict schedule we faced in wow. I purposefully haven't joined in trial groups because of how much the raiding scene really did burn me out.

I just run dungeons now and that's fine with me. There is plenty to do in ESO and I haven't gotten bored yet. And though I miss my druid, at least I can still be a cat in ESO :wink:

You can still do normal trial runs with randoms. It doesn't take long. I mean literally 30-40 minutes if people know what they are doing.
      Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    • FlopsyPrince
      FlopsyPrince
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Zacuel wrote: »
      Zacuel wrote: »
      I like how 90% of this thread is about how we refer to our characters. I bet the WoW players don't even care how one refers to their characters.... It's not a big deal guys lol.

It's all the same.

I don't know about in the WoW forums, because I never spent any time there, but in the game, people complained about the use of the term "toon" quite often. I usually saw it in Stormwind City on Scarlet Crusade.

Makes me wonder if people complain for the sake of complaining.

Who am I kidding? Of course they do!

How dare people care about the games they play! They are just complaining to complain! /sarcasm
      PC
      PS4/PS5
    • Mayrael
      Mayrael
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      MaxJrFTW wrote: »
      I guess i'm one of these refugees since i dropped WoW late in 2017 and have been playing ESO since.

Anyways, WoW has been on a steady but slow decline since early 2011. The latest expansion Battle for Azeroth is a complete disaster and at this point only people deeply addicted to WoW remain playing it. Players and content creators are looking for alternatives. Unfortunately ESO has never been able to recover from its rocky launch and i doubt it will be the answer for content creators, but ESO is certainly a much better game than WoW at the moment. It does the job just fine for people looking to play another MMO.

As someone that spent 10 years playing WoW though, i'll never get used to how slow ESO developers are when it comes to addressing bugs and exploits. Back when i played WoW they would literally fix bugs within a couple of hours of finding them.

So much the bolded part. This is the worst approach I've ever seen, bugs in ESO that have around half a year can be called "fresh ones".
      Say no to Toxic Casuals!
      I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    • IxSTALKERxI
      IxSTALKERxI
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      GG Blizzard.

iIEJdeP.jpg

Edited by IxSTALKERxI on March 26, 2019 9:07AM
      NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
      Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
      Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
      Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
    • LoboR1
      LoboR1
      Soul Shriven
      I'm another Wow refugee that is brand new to ESO. Played wow since 2005, raided almost nightly from 2006 until 2010 when I burned out. Quit the game at the launch of Cataclysm and did not return until WoD. I've been playing casually since then, but the latest expansion does not hold any magic for me... Hence ESO.

I played Skyrim on the Xbox and loved it, so I figured I'd give this version a shot on PC. I'm only a few hours into the game but am enjoying it a lot... Hopefully this trend continues!
    • therift
      therift
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I think
      GG Blizzard.

iIEJdeP.jpg

Looks like the stock market crashes of 1929 or 1987. Calamitous results.
    • Fake Remedy
      Fake Remedy
      ✭✭✭
      Imagine coming from wow arenas and trying out eso deathmatchs bgs...big ooooof
      Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
      twitch. Fake_Remedy
      discord. fake_remedy#3254
      e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
    • Wildberryjack
      Wildberryjack
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      A lot of the content creators on YT and the streamers are jumping from WoW to ESO also.
      The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
    • Jayne_Doe
      Jayne_Doe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Idiots.

But it's a spin-off and not the next main ES game.
    • max_only
      max_only
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Idiots.

But it's a spin-off and not the next main ES game.

The thread I was replying to was discussing mobile games.......
      #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
      #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
      || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
      ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    • Banana
      Banana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      We have enough children playing eso.
    • U_D_D_I_N_R
      U_D_D_I_N_R
      ✭✭✭
      I am not exactly a MMO fan per se.
      But I have heard some sort of tragedy has struck WOW.
      And that, that is causing some refugees to come to ESO.

Can someone put more light on the subject? Someone who knows a thing or two about WOW?

Cause if it's true, than that would be awesome.

Example:
      https://youtube.com/watch?v=lZimRapH334

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yrT9NYvi7Fg

I think it's high time ZOS pauses the crown store legion for a while and polish the living crap out of the game by working on bugs, lag, CP system etc.
      So the players coming to check things out don't get bummed out by stuff.

---
      P.S. Give daggers and maces spell crit and spell pen(so necromancers can use daggers :smile: )

Sorry i don’t want these refugees to come to eso they destroyed there own game. By moaning on there forums that this expansion is hard and that expansion was way to stale, you’d rather have someone moan about bugs and *** servers on eso than someone moaning about a *** expac you don’t even need to play.
      Edited by U_D_D_I_N_R on May 11, 2019 12:22AM
    • StormeReigns
      StormeReigns
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I am not exactly a MMO fan per se.
      But I have heard some sort of tragedy has struck WOW.
      And that, that is causing some refugees to come to ESO.

Can someone put more light on the subject? Someone who knows a thing or two about WOW?

Cause if it's true, than that would be awesome.

Example:
      https://youtube.com/watch?v=lZimRapH334

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yrT9NYvi7Fg

I think it's high time ZOS pauses the crown store legion for a while and polish the living crap out of the game by working on bugs, lag, CP system etc.
      So the players coming to check things out don't get bummed out by stuff.

---
      P.S. Give daggers and maces spell crit and spell pen(so necromancers can use daggers :smile: )

Sorry i don’t want these refugees to come to eso they destroyed there own game. By moaning on there forums that this expansion is hard and that expansion was way to stale, you’d rather have someone moan about bugs and *** servers on eso than someone moaning about a *** expac you don’t even need to play.

So... based by your logic, it would be safe for possible new players to assume that most of ESO players are entitled braggarts that throw tantrums if they don't get what they want just based by your personal posts alone would be fare right? Since you are on the forums, and fit that generalization pretty much perfectly.
      Not even 1% and to base a game's entire population off of the very vocal minority is simply put, foolish. No matter if the their 1% forum posters maybe more or even less than another forum's 1%. As well with out evidence to support your claim that their entire population fits what you said, is equally as, if not more foolish.
    • Kalgert
      Kalgert
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Banana wrote: »
      We have enough children playing eso.
      What do you mean by this?
    • Ashfen
      Ashfen
      ✭✭✭✭

*The devs destroyed their own game.

And there are already people who always complain about the game here.
    • Tabbycat
      Tabbycat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Something WoW refugees should know:

No, we will never have flying mounts. However, you can teleport all over the place for free.

Shrine to shrine travel is free (if you go to a shrine from the map you pay a fee)

Travel to your houses from the collections menu is free.

Travel to friends and guildies is free.

So, yeah, you shouldn't ever have to pay to portal anywhere so make sure you get the free starter apartment so you can always port yourself out of a sticky situation for free through the collections menu.
      Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
      0.016%