The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

U21 launch day load times and how you can help

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so bottom line here: I'm NOT spending the next 2 days screenshotting inventory over 21 toons. I'm just not. If stuff goes away..... well it is what it is. Gear is easy in this game. And so is crafting mats. Since gear and mats are my real "wealth" - if some of it gets lost, it's not that big a deal to replace.

The BIG deal is.... bandwidth. I'm going to have to beg wildblue for help, not to throttle me, etc etc ad infinitum ad nauseam.

Pretty sure they're going to laugh. And then just throttle me anyway. Which means that playing will be even more unfun than normally.
  • Mygalomorpea
    Mygalomorpea
    ✭✭✭
    *stares at mountain of surveys and maps*... Poop.... Then there is also the stack of potions, poisons and foodstuff that each toon has to speed up daily writs... All 15 toons... And my stash of monster helms and shoulders with most unique weights... :'(:(
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the information! :)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kids - this is what it looks like when developers make business decisions.
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Monsieur wrote: »
    Out of interest, why can’t this be done during normal maintenance - Why does it have to be activated upon login?

Because some developer said it had to be done this way and probably made a big effing deal about it.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hell yeah
    at a place nobody knows
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what your are saying is, if you want your daily login from Sunday's fresh. You best get it before the downtime cause you might not be back in time to get it before the nest fresh on Monday evening.

well, forewarned is better than blind ignorance. :/
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • rebrur2
    rebrur2
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Console question:
    We have two different playstations in our home and 4 ESO players. Will this load screen just be for each account, or each console, or each account on each console?
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the warning. I wonder how guildbanks will be affected? I have three all to myself. And the 10 accounts necessary to unlock the guildbank. But only three :D craftbags.
    Halcyon Black
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I hope the load screen doesn't kick us off for inactivity during this, as it has in the past.. It's pretty frustrating to have to babysit a load screen by swirling the mouse around every 2 minutes to avoid being kicked off. :#
    love is love
  • KittyHazWares
    KittyHazWares
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Does this count for our craftbags also?

Or is it character/bank inventory only?

Thank you =)
    Xbox One NA
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wherew0lf wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Does this count for our craftbags also?

Or is it character/bank inventory only?

Thank you =)

I would bet good money that it includes craft bags, since the craft bag is effectively just an extension of your inventory (and the original post includes bank space, which is directly comparable to the craft bag, just on a smaller scale). In fact, if I had to guess, I'd wager that the craft bag will probably take up the bulk of time, since there are no limits to how many things you can store there.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm perhaps it will be best to take a mini holiday and see how this pans out before risking everything I possess.
    It sounds like there will be a lot of processing going on and if everybody initiates this process at the same time, I suspect that will be the key factor effecting the load time length.
    Based on just speculation, I would think waiting a few day and doing this after everyone else will be the biggest factor in minimizing both the load time and also potential for problems.
    "Sure, sounds good..... you go first though!"
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • wayfarerb14_ESO
    wayfarerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I would also like to know if housing items in furnished houses will slow down the process. I mean, there's not much that can be done about that, but still! It would be good to know either way!
    Just in case, I'm placing all the furniture I had in my bank and inventory!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inklings wrote: »
    I'm guessing since storage chests are more or less an attachment of our inventory(code wise) that they will also effect this?
    Think they are related to your house and not invetory / bank.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Orillion
    Orillion
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the warning, at least i won't fear my computer has died (again)
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turgenev wrote: »
    Another thought: How will this impact the "come back to Tamriel" free weeks you guys like to do? Someone who's been away for six months decides to give us a try again, they login, and suddenly their login takes potentially hours, with no clear indication as to why?
    That might be an problem however I think this is more related to number of players logging in than inventory
    Or more accurate (players logging in) * (players total inventory and bank)

As so many players will log in after the update it will be an long queue.
    If you wait until middle of night it will be way faster as few are logging in.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well fudge, I’m screwed here. I have every storage container available full to capacity, I have a bursting bank, and 180/200 inventory on my main. My sub is lapsed atm so I’m carrying crafting crap. Looks grim from here.

Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That said, the length of the load screen could vary anywhere between 5-10 minutes to a couple hours. We understand this is far from ideal and is frustrating on launch day, but it’s a necessary evil just this one time.

giphy.gif
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • SwedishMini
    SwedishMini
    ✭✭✭
    Next Monday with the PC launch of Update 21, we’ll be implementing some code related to ESO’s database that will allow us greater flexibility with updates and maintenance as it continues to grow over time.

Does this mean you'll have an easier time introducing class change?
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A couple of hours????

How can the game run so poorly that inventory space and bank space is tied to load screens......... like..... what

Kind of sounds like the excuse for the storage limits in Fallout 76.

So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Right, time to sell a load of stuff I guess. I'm keeping my levelled soul gems though.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the number of items that we have in our crafting bags will affect the total migration procedure time ?
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or how about you do this during the literal maintenance? What does my local download have to do with your server database?
    That would increase the maintenance time a lot as they also had to do it on inactive accounts and accounts who simply would not log in on Monday. so 6 hours or more donwtime.
  • zsitvaij
    zsitvaij
    ✭✭✭
    I play on both PC NA and EU with a lot of stuff in bank and craft bag on both. If I launch the game on two computers, one for each server, can I parallelize this downtime or will I be banned for some ToS violation?
  • the_other_Alice
    the_other_Alice
    ✭✭✭
    That would increase the maintenance time a lot as they also had to do it on inactive accounts and accounts who simply would not log in on Monday. so 6 hours or more donwtime.
    The ETA for the maintenance is 7h already and while I´m sure it would add up to this, it would still be the better version - have maintenance for 24h for all I care but don´t tie it to a loading screen where I am forced to let my computer run preferably doing nothing else and hoping it won´t crash, kick me ot of the login queue or crash the entire server cause too many people try to get online at the same time...
    ""I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it. CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE. "
    (Terry Pratchett)
    “If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
    ( Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass)

"I don't think..."
    "Then you shouldn't talk", said the Hatter.”

(Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland)
    - Gildenleitung Not like the Otters -
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭
    if only the maintenance is over at 3 PM GMT+1, and a loadscreen of a couple of hours (makes 6PM)...
    totally fine with that...

thx for heads up
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
  • Fadfadet
    Fadfadet
    ✭✭
    fgoron2000 wrote: »
    i just wish that ZOS would revisit here again and respond to some more of the questions that players have posed, so that they could properly prepare, as ZOS specifically recommended that they do...

@ZOS_GinaBruno, whaddya say, Gina?

1 - Will there be a separate first long load on each server, or will the first login on either side address both servers? They are separate inventories as well as collections, so it would be good to know this.

2 - Will presence or absence of addons affect the long loadscreen, especially ones that have anything to do with inventory?

3 - Will you be suspending the inactivity timer? If not, will you at least be marking the spot of disconnection, so that logging back in does not have to start at the beginning again, but instead just pick up where it left off?

4 - Will you be counting each individual item even in stacks, or will stacks be counted as single items? Beyond that, what about the large size stacks in the crafting bag? Some of the older players would certainly have tens of thousands of various items, so would each of those stacks still be counted once, or need to be counted one piece at a time?

Thanks so much, after all, it was you guys who said to us that we should clear out some of our inventories, and some answers to the above would help us make the most of our time before maintenance starts, to do it most efficiently.

Those are really good questions, that are coming every time I've seen it discussed.
    I'll add one : What about the guild banks? Would that count as well ?
    Please please pleaaaase answer them so we can prepare accordingly.
    Edited by Fadfadet on February 23, 2019 11:21AM
    EU - PC
    Co-GM de la guilde francophone Les Bâtonnets de Poisson
    Gloire au Domaine !
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    ... That said, the length of the load screen could vary anywhere between 5-10 minutes to a couple hours. ...
    :|
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• ValkyriesWolf
    ValkyriesWolf
    ✭✭✭
    So, what in the German thread was said: stacks count as stacks, as far as I understood. So stack up if you can. The item count on different items and stacks will be more crucial. Furthermore the ZOS person, Kai, said that tje craft bag counts as well. He also said he assumes houses will count somehow as they are linked inventory wise to our account as well, but isn't sure about that. So probably yes, it will count chests and houses as well, but perhaps not if we're lucky.
    Metal forever \m/