The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

U21 launch day load times and how you can help

• TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    therift wrote: »
    therift wrote: »
    Obligatory 'Can I have your excess stuff' post.

Do you really want that adding to your load time? ;)

I love free stuff, so sure. Send me all your unwanted excess stuff. 48 hour load screen is worth 82,000 deliveries from emptied craft bags. Except that 16,0000 Daedric Thrones guy. He can keep that s**t ;)

I'd send you my stuff.. but I'm really attached to my stuff.. in reality, I feel like I need more stuff.. so, maybe I can haz your stuff!! :)
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ciovala wrote: »
    Thanks for the update! But, why not run some backend job to do this so we don’t have to wait? Just curious... cost more, would take a long time, etc.? Or will returning players have an up to 2 hour login forever?

Would be a bit disconcerting for someone returning a year from now.

While I don't personally have a problem with this as I can log on while working from home, it is a bit much for someone to not be able to play another game because they have ESO hogging their resources updating over 2 hours.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *looks at piles of daedric thrones, lockpicks and writ surveys*

sddefault.jpg#404_is_fine
  • ruikkarikun
    ruikkarikun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loading Screen we all deserve xDD
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In truth, it "is" a necessary evil for the greater good. (Think on it real hard for a moment and look Back at One of The older ProblemS.)
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Vinterskald
    Vinterskald
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up, at any rate :)
    Barra agea ry sou karan.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will be a long, long night for this one …

Khajiit also wonders will dumping any furniture in an inventory into a mostly empty space in, say Coldharbour, help at all?

Also storage chests? These count as inventory yes?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I second this question. Storage chests and furniture are a major concern for me. If it will help to empty my inventory into a storage warehouse I'll take the time to do that, but if not I'd rather not create a cluttered mess somewhere that will be difficult to inventory.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF :|
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I think I am going to screenshot everything I have.
  • victory.immortalb16_ESO
    Minyassa wrote: »

Khajiit also wonders will dumping any furniture in an inventory into a mostly empty space in, say Coldharbour, help at all?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I second this question. Storage chests and furniture are a major concern for me. If it will help to empty my inventory into a storage warehouse I'll take the time to do that, but if not I'd rather not create a cluttered mess somewhere that will be difficult to inventory.

It's a one off thing. Just log in, go and do something in RL and take night or a day off from ESO while it does it's thing. It won't kill you.

Whether storage chests count or not is not material (anything connected to your account would count, I would assume). It's a one off process. Just let it happen.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well honestly i have been threatening to clean up my inventory for 2 years. I might actually do it this time.

Thanks for the heads up.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

It's a one off thing. Just log in, go and do something in RL and take night or a day off from ESO while it does it's thing. It won't kill you.

Whether storage chests count or not is not material (anything connected to your account would count, I would assume). It's a one off process. Just let it happen.

Yah.... though I'm not always sure my satellite will stay connected for up to 2 hours. And all that eats my bandwidth (which is VERY limited) like crazy. Especially if I have to restart because of dropped connect. I'm going to be over limit just on the download.... adding maybe a two hour churn is just going to make it that much worse.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple of hours????

How can the game run so poorly that inventory space and bank space is tied to load screens......... like..... what

Must be using the Fallout 76 coding. :p
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    A couple of hours????

How can the game run so poorly that inventory space and bank space is tied to load screens......... like..... what

Must be using the Fallout 76 coding. :p

Nuh
    there is no coding in Fallout 76, just kludges to see if the unwashed will keep buying... :blush:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a question. What about burn through? I guess we should leave our TVs and monitors off for this to happen or will the screens change so we don't get no burn through? Might sound stupid but have to worry about this on plasma TV. Not sure if LCD TVs are OK or even 4K TVs. Better be safe than sorry and ask. :)
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    Here is a question. What about burn through? I guess we should leave our TVs and monitors off for this to happen or will the screens change so we don't get no burn through? Might sound stupid but have to worry about this on plasma TV. Not sure if LCD TVs are OK or even 4K TVs. Better be safe than sorry and ask. :)

Uh. I just have 24" monitors. I'll minimize the launcher app, and check it once an hour or something, while I do other stuff.
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, clear enough, thanks for the information. I'll start decluttering my bank. I usually don't carry that much with me.
    Looking forward to the new Update!
    Edited by Sylianwe on March 23, 2021 12:00AM
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malfoy wrote: »
    Console XBOX ONE
    SERVER NA
    GT MalekithMalfoy

As I am currently severely ill with bed rest and plenty of time to stare at a load screen, I'd be more than happy to take in any excessive inventory items :D

I'm poor irl and poor in-game, I'd very much appreciate it and you'll be helping yourselves too by helping me and my partner!

That being said, I live in EU yet game on NA, will this influence my loading time?

Sounds like the load times will only be influenced by how much "stuff" you have. Since I have lots of stuff, on 21 toons.... well, I'd guess that sends me down the river with no means of locomotion....
  • SageSecret
    SageSecret
    ✭✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Last time I had been away for a while it took me THREE DAYS to get back in.

I have three Notable Houses filled to the brim, five other houses, several full storage chests and eight characters. I paid to max the inventories on a lot of my characters.

I have no idea how many items are in my ESO Plus materials inventory, but I've been playing for years so I assume it is quite big.

I also have an intermitted sudden logoff that Comcast can't seem to fix.

So yes, this is a big deal. :s

Marketing 101 don't punish your heavy users.
    Edited by SageSecret on February 23, 2019 2:04AM
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So let me get this straight. I am supposed to empty my bank? and my characters? to where? Thanks to YOUR system of Binding items to my account and my characters i can't exactly move the gear and other items that i have accumulated over 3 years worth of game play. Also Thank you for telling people that they can cause me undue lag by sending me spam emails in game to fill up my mailbox.
  • Shady_Knights
    Shady_Knights
    ✭✭✭
    So let me get this straight. I am supposed to empty my bank? and my characters? to where? Thanks to YOUR system of Binding items to my account and my characters i can't exactly move the gear and other items that i have accumulated over 3 years worth of game play. Also Thank you for telling people that they can cause me undue lag by sending me spam emails in game to fill up my mailbox.

Yeah...and why do we have so many items accumulated, especially around crafting? Is it one where you design the game to try and make it so that the unlimited craft bag is desirable for those that continue to sub and those that don't get all their storage overwhelmed.

Rather than ask each of us to clean up all these items for you, wouldn't the approach be to rationalize the amount of crafting materials in the game?

There's heaps of opportunity to optimize the amount of gear that goes into storage. Maybe start there first before asking your player base to manually do this work for you.

• therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It will be the Mother of All Load Screens.

Kind of looking forward to just to be able to tell my grandchildren that yes, I was there.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thou shalt not hoard....

Except of course it's what I DO. In any game, and IRL.... The MINUTE I get rid of something whether real or virtual, I immediately need it....
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have about 8 toons with absolutely full inventories , a full bank and also full mail thanks to pvp rewards. I guess I'll just log on and watch LOTR in the meanwhile. Either way thanks for the heads up.
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Time to send a few thousand surprise gifts to some of my friends. o:)
  • itsalexagain
    itsalexagain
    Soul Shriven
    I think I'm going to pass out, there was a reply in the German forum that says that craft bag inventory DOES count :s (Also mentions that variety of different items is more critical than huge stacks)
    Der Handwerksbeutel zählt ebenfalls zum Inventar von daher werden ESO Plus Mitglieder garkeine Chance haben, komplett aufzuräumen. Allerdings ist das nicht so ausschlaggebend, da eine große Anzahl verschiedener Gegenstände viel kritischer ist als ein hundertfach vorhandener Gegenstand.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up @ZOS_GinaBruno

Will we lose some bank / house chest or inventory items ?

Do we need to take screenshots of our inventories ? just in case ?

Edited by Morgul667 on February 23, 2019 2:53AM
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next Monday with the PC launch of Update 21, we’ll be implementing some code related to ESO’s database that will allow us greater flexibility with updates and maintenance as it continues to grow over time.

Can we get an actual answer whether or not there is any likelihood of this process wiping out people's inventory items, be they in backpack, bank, craft bag, or storage? And if that possibility exists, what's the plan should people lose items?

Do we need to screenshot everything we own or will you accept data files from addons like Inventory Insight?
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does the game need to be connected to the internet during this process?

The entire reason behind the slow load is the server scanning and indexing your stuff as part of a database update, so yes, you definitely need to be connected to the internet.
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on February 23, 2019 7:44AM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill see you guys in about a week then.....
    Beta tester November 2013