The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So When Is the Heavy Attack Bug Getting Fixed?

Apox
Apox
✭✭✭✭✭
It's been a problem impacting me since before One tamriel with destruction staves. It's well documented and has been reported many times. This bug completely ruins the flow of combat and results in either player or party death, if you're a healer

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/394020/channel-heavy-attacks-bugged

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/239501/heavy-attack-bug-glitch

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/399135/heavy-attacks-not-firing-patch-3-3-8-tested-with-dw-stamina-and-lightning-magicka-on-pc-eu

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/404981/heavy-attack-bug

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/415887/heavy-attacks-with-restoration-lightning-staves-still-have-issues-firing

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400760/heavy-attack-bug-on-xbox

Most seem to be happening with lightning staff i can confirm I'm still getting the issue on pc with a flame staff, playing with a gamepad.

Please zos, can this get a fix?
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had this problem with inferno staff and resto staff on and off for years now too. Just another bug thats become a feature.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never, judging from how long it's existed already.
  • Waynerx8
    Waynerx8
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add if to the "we can't be arsed to fix it" list.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been getting it frequently lately
  • Agobi
    Agobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard a reliable rumor from my roommate's uncle's neighbour that it is happening maybe for sure on the 6th friday in february...

So not long I guess :D

• Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's nothing like trying to use Skills, wondering why they aren't working, and then realizing it's because you're bugged into using a Heavy Attack when all you intended was for a Light Attack. Or trying to weapon swap and being unable to because surprise Heavy Attack.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been something ZOS tried to fix and failed, it happens when you try to weave light attacks with a channel ability or anything with an animation attached that is difficult to cancel.
    They don't know how to fix this like so many other bugs, also they don't care due to the lack of communication.
    Join the movement and boycott the crown store and unsub.
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stebarnz wrote: »
    This has been something ZOS tried to fix and failed, it happens when you try to weave light attacks with a channel ability or anything with an animation attached that is difficult to cancel.
    They don't know how to fix this like so many other bugs, also they don't care due to the lack of communication.
    Join the movement and boycott the crown store and unsub.

It's incredibly frustrating, but i've also been having issues with my eruption and elemental ring as well. I wrote it off as a ping issue, even though I'm only around 100-120 ping, but if this could be from the bug, thats incredibly frustrating.
  • RyvenMDR
    RyvenMDR
    ✭✭
    Is there a video on this? I would like to see it, I've had issues where I'm fighting with 2h going to swap to bow and everything is greyed out and swapping won't work. Is that the bug? Sorry sort of new.
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it'd be hard to see on video. it literally just queues up a full heavy attack by itself, it looks like youre just doing a heavy attack
  • RyvenMDR
    RyvenMDR
    ✭✭
    Apox wrote: »
    it'd be hard to see on video. it literally just queues up a full heavy attack by itself, it looks like youre just doing a heavy attack

Oooh ok. I'll have to watch for it. Thanks for the response. I'll read some more of the posts from the OP.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure they are looking into it, lol. :)
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RyvenMDR wrote: »
    Is there a video on this? I would like to see it, I've had issues where I'm fighting with 2h going to swap to bow and everything is greyed out and swapping won't work. Is that the bug? Sorry sort of new.

I think that might be the sprint bug, If you get that again just double tap shift.
    Another one of the many 'features' ZOS implemented and cannot 'fix'.
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno how a bug can make it into a game thats so gamebreaking that is allowed to go on as long as this one has without being addressed.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I also experience this frequently. The thing is, even if it is something that can't be fix, a little honest communication about game bugs that affect people is better than no communication at all. Unfortunately, as most of us know, ZOS has admitted a lot of room for improvement in that regard.
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reported this bug several months back before I knew just how much of a widespread issue it was and a zos poster actually replied to me, suggesting that I wasnt using the proper gamepad control template. it seems like he didnt even know it existed.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure to do /bug when you have this issue so zos can more data on issue. If we want it fixed then zos has to understand how actually issue is happening.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    never
    at a place nobody knows
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Make sure to do /bug when you have this issue so zos can more data on issue. If we want it fixed then zos has to understand how actually issue is happening.

I did, but bug reports seem to have less characters than a freaking tweet, I tried to explain how it was happening but even after a few sentences I hit the character limit.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why is it a players responsibility to find out how exactly a bug is happening.

And we did that with Shadow image for a few months now and still got no word from Developers.

Some other bugs like an enchant running out causing lag are too easily reproduced for us to have to explain them.
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

Why is it a players responsibility to find out how exactly a bug is happening.

And we did that with Shadow image for a few months now and still got no word from Developers.

Some other bugs like an enchant running out causing lag are too easily reproduced for us to have to explain them.

Blizzard just did this with wow, there have been numerous massive game shaking bugs in the game since BFA Beta, and when the game director did a Q&A, they chose to answer a question about bugs, where they simply said "Nobody ever reported it", which was actual garbage because there was a reddit post with thousands of upvotes of people who personally reported it.

I'd hate to see the same mistake being made in other places
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Look for the fix update on the new and improved ZOS communications forum!
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »

It saddens me to know that there is so little communication, even for something as debilitating and gamebreaking as this.

Id be happy just to hear a zos rep say something about it
  • DedEmbryonicCell19
    DedEmbryonicCell19
    ✭✭✭

It saddens me to know that there is so little communication, even for something as debilitating and gamebreaking as this.

So what exactly is game breaking? I truly would like to know ..
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So what exactly is game breaking? I truly would like to know ..

refer to any of the number of links I included in my OP
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    soon

PC EU
    PvP only
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh it's not a bug but a featore and requires high skill just like animation cancelling!!
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The funny thing about this bug is that it's getting WORSE, not better over time. What is ZOS doing? Are they even aware this bug exists?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The funny thing about this bug is that it's getting WORSE, not better over time. What is ZOS doing? Are they even aware this bug exists?

Ive also noticed some issues spreading to other abilities as well, as a magick dk, when I drop my eruption, every now and then the animation glitches, I place it on the ground and the circle reticle appears then begins closing, I block to animation cancel it, but it also stutters the spell, locking me in a block-walking movement speed and restarting the cast time of eruption, making it take longer than the actual cast time of the spell normally.
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to add my thread that has video of this bug and the probable cause of it.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454244/if-youve-ever-wondered-why-your-attacks-lag-disappear-without-connection-issues

No one replied. It's obviously so hard coded into the combat system that it's simply not cost effective to ever change.
    Edited by Kova on February 22, 2019 10:15PM
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
This discussion has been closed.