The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

---If you've ever wondered why your attacks lag/disappear without connection issues---

Kova
Kova
✭✭✭✭✭
I've finally found a way to replicate one of the more persistent problems in ESOs combat. Many have noticed since dark brotherhood that if you weave or animation cancel your attacks, they would suddenly disappear. Then at some point everyone had discovered the annoying issue of being stuck in a heavy attack without having pressed anything.

I believe I've finally come across the cause of these issues. The reason why your enchant/posion didn't proc, why you seem to missing out on damage at times, and why your animations seem to be so fetching clunky. It all has to do with how ESO "auto targets" enemies. See the below video:

As you can probably see, changing your target while attacking cause a sudden delay in your animations. After further testing it was revealed that this camera movement actually causes your damage to be delayed while being processed as well.

Why is this a problem? So much of the games combat relies on getting monsters AND players into execute range. Anything that delays that makes for clunky, unresponsive combat and ultimately leaves a bitter taste in the players mouth. In pvp, a highly mobile opponent can unintentionally cause this delay in attack to happen regularly in a fight, leaving the player experiencing the bug completely unsatisfied with the whole experience.

I believe it should be looked into, at the very least.
EP Sorc: Aydinn
AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
EP Stam Sorc: Kós
AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
EP NIghtblade: Aydinn