The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So When Is the Heavy Attack Bug Getting Fixed?

• Apox
    Apox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the video link and the theory, hopefully a stray zos badge will stumble across this and pass it on.
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to have gotten worse lately, and it should never have been allowed to go on anywhere near this long.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • Neospell
    Neospell
    Soul Shriven
    yep I would like this fixed as well
    PC/NA Dungeon Runner/PVE Player
    Elf Tickler - Orc/DK- Stam Tank
    Neospell - Breton/Templar - Magic Healer/dps
    Battery Powered Mage - High Elf/Sorc - Magic dps
    Your Baby Daddy - Argonian/NB - Magic dps
    Crystallized Moonlight - Khajiit/NB - Stam dps
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a "bug". It's a "feature".

Besides, I have no idea what you're talking about and I run excursively mag's.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The honest truth is the priorities MattF has for his teams are the source of problems this game experiences.

They are the root of why this game was in such bad shape at launch, the reason the HA bug and GF have not been fixed even though the issues have been around for years. As long as someone as delusional as MattF, who says Zos is killing it at fixing all this stuff, we will continue to see this type of great work for years to come.
    Options
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/hVFgFaZ8Pr0

In the first part of this video, my skills stop working for some reason. I'm using a lightning staff. Even though I have the aiming reticle right on a mob, I can't use my skills.
    Even though I have almost full magicka, some abilities grey out and even the ones that don't grey out can't be used for several seconds. I'm also unable to bar swap.

When will this be fixed?
    My magic 8-ball said ask again later...lol
    🎱
    Options
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can they make money from fixing it ?
    There is your answer..
    Options
  • Tipsy
    Tipsy
    ✭✭✭
    it pays off in the long run yes. Combat is very important and big part of the game.
    And with so many new players trying out the game it can be a deal/no deal for them.
    An optimistic older member might be more forgiving & patient ,but it can't be ignored that lately the bugs keep adding up
    Edited by Tipsy on August 11, 2019 10:37PM
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know when it's not happening.

15822538_1802593350009526_3988493721698602186_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQl-9m_99nqrt1FORWO5BrlV9jhgSppcs5_2xhIiEmmUtRb0LKrmyvR5xNwgN4aeTt8&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=71f7581ff26a534d810628994d87bc11&oe=5DCCCBF5
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • sMuggle
    sMuggle
    ✭✭✭
    Happens all the time in battlegrounds. Toon is hunched over but isn't heavy attacking.. I've seen posts about this since 2016.. Any acknowledgement yet and plans to fix? Seems like a latency issue....
    Options
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the other post with the video: "As you can probably see, changing your target while attacking cause a sudden delay in your animations"

In a game where changing targets can happen very often by accident? Stuff moves around, the game is very fluid that way, so, you might start off aiming at one thing, it moves, another 3 things criss-cross between you and that target, etc, and now you are targeting something else, and not even your fault. Seems this would be a major problem?

Also, any idea if this has anything to do with the odd melee glitchiness where you cannot attack, just stand there twitching for a few seconds? Can't even use abilities? That one really screws with me... I have a really good connection, over 50 mb, with 60-70 ms latency, etc. I'm on console, so hard to test connections to ESO, though =/
    Options
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Omg. I thought I was the only one. Or it was a latency desync issue. So glad I'm not alone with this. I don't feel so stupid now 😂😂😂
    Options
  • PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its true very annoying...
    Options
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not HA bug.

If servers lugs - DPS drops hard.

Skills do not cast, casted skills do no damage, dethinks and etc.

The same HA do no damage.

Server can not calculate to much and we have what we have ... .

Hardware must be upgraded, than game will be fine.
    Options
  • Jamerth
    Jamerth
    ✭✭✭
    "But why would you HA, this game is all about LA weaving!"
    Naaah, i am joking. I use HA a lot and i find this bug game breaking, alongside skills not triggering and bar swap barely working.
    Options
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We have gone ahead and closed this thread down since it is rather old. Please feel free to start a new topic on this subject if you wish to discuss it further.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.