The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What is your number 1 concern about racial changes right now?

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeems overall a good thing

Except the 1 token thing
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 1 free race change given... Also REDGUARD MEGABUFF, like everyone that ran stamina already used Redguard...
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    My biggest concern is that the race passive will buff certain classes too much.

Mag Plar will be even stronger in pvp with this passive for example :
    Reduces damage taken by 5% while you are using an ability with a cast or channel time.

And good luck trying to kill a stamplar with this passive on:
    When you deal Direct Damage you have a 15% chance to heal for 1750

Defile
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer. They're outshined by any of their magicka counterparts. No hybrid build is going to get you close to the regen or spell power that they can build toward. Prismatic glyphs/triune jewlery already compensate for the stamina they'd receive.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    They said about balancing races but races still can be splitted in stam and mag.
    Altmer/redguard still bis giving no other option.
    Khajiit and Dunmer as attempt to be hybrid races, losing their former efficiency (stam and mag respectively).

I dont see them as hybrids, i see them as either. Khajjit is an option now for high crit builds mag or stam and i like that. The recov needs work

Darkelf needs to have similar mag/ stam to highelf and redguard otherwise they are going to always beat it. Let redguard and highelf be damage for stam and mag respectively with sustain and darkelf be dps for mag/stam with the benefit of a larger stam pool on a mag build for cc breaks and rolldodge. while Dark elf as a stam build will give magic for any abilities that require that, it might be nice on something like a stamsorc with dark exchange and surge. The passives do need to be larger to make it a decent trade off.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khajit is awful as it seems now. Just remove the health recovery and give kitties 125 stam and mag rec together with spell and wep crit, that would make for interesting build choices.

I second this idea
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t like how Imperials are expected to be a tank race. I was hoping for changes to allow them to be a decent choice for any role. You have to pay extra to play them, so they should have some more flexibility role wise.

And I think the developers description of Imperials is a bit off.
    Edited by Tholian1 on January 18, 2019 5:38AM
    PS4 Pro NA
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As an Altmer main, I am happy. But I am sad that my Dunmer brothers and sisters were gutted. This patch actually reduced magicka DD diversity.

I dont think it reduced it i thinkit just swapped khajiit for darkelf

dark elf needs some love tho
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on January 23, 2019 9:11AM
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like Redguard is still going to overperform compared to the other Stamina races and there won't be any shift in meta because sustain is what is making and breaking builds. I think there needs to be a little more of a damage difference for some of the races to make up for worse sustain.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Flat stats over % i like
    You and me both. I absolutely think this is a step in the right direction.

I've even thought that the Champion Point system would work better if they replaced the percentages with flat values.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wood elf. Some kinda bow perk rather than roll dodge deal would be awesome.

Everything else is what it is.

Khajitt is kinda kewl.

And the nord ulti idea is great just not sure how it will play out. For tanks it will be good.
  • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    ✭✭✭
    I think I can live with the changes that they're making to the races but what I'm most worried about is their numbers/ % to flat value conversion. Their math is so incredibly inconsistent and needs to be triple checked. They aren't comparable among all the races and that's really worrisome.
    New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
    Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
    My little rant I guess?:
      One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
      Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
      Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
      • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
      • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
      • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
      • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
      • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
      • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
      • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
      • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
      • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
      • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
      • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
      • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
      • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
      • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
      • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
      • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!
    • SaintSubwayy
      SaintSubwayy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      the just 1 token story, everybody is angry about.

and ofc the Dunmer mDK synergy beeing rekked.
      I hope they will buff DK as a Class to make up for the lost DMG ect.
      PC EU
      vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Kitty_Quietly
      Kitty_Quietly
      ✭✭✭
      Mostly, I’m just curious how these changes will affect survivability. I have a stam sorcerer character I use for questing and picked argonian a while back partly because that healing done/ recieved was pretty nice. I throw her at world bosses and sometimes it works. Sometimes not. Potion passive ain’t too important when I forget to hit it in time. Lots of other characters, of coarse, but that one is the one I would change.

So I’ll be watching pts forum to see which race would be most forgiving. Looks like a few possabilities right now, which is cool. Seeing a new face on loading screen is fun too. Yeah, I’m sure the pts people will point out more of what these changes mean when they test them.
    • Tommy_The_Gun
      Tommy_The_Gun
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Biggest concern ? Over-nerfing one thing just to over-buff the other...
    • ATreeGnome
      ATreeGnome
      ✭✭✭✭
      My biggest concern is that the 3 Dunmer magicka DPS characters that I have will now be inferior in every way compared to an altmer. Now they will be better suited as stam DPS, which I don't need because I already have max level stam characters for every class. Even if I did need stam characters for those classes, the lack of dunmer sustain passives is likely going to make them mediocre stamina DPS too.

In short, I'm losing magicka characters that I enjoy playing and gaining stamina characters that I never wanted. Not happy about that.
    • Kadoin
      Kadoin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      My concern? All the whining will get the changes reverted and we stay in the same, boring system we have now. I absolutely hate the stam/mag divide and that it's even pushed into races in the first place. I think changes to address that is the RIGHT direction to move and I'll be disappointed if ZOS abandons their change in focus to appease some people on the forums.

Either way, I won't be changing a single one of my characters' race. I don't care what changes happen, I'm not changing it. I'll find a way to make the most out of the changes when they come, one way or another.

• eso_nya
      eso_nya
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Role imbalance.

I'd like to see passives, that atleast somewhat help every race on every role. e.g. Redguards "reduced cost of weapon skills". Its not bis, its certainly not meta, buuut it will help u a little bit on a magicka redguard healer, because it applies to woe and combat prayer. Stuff like that is cool. Altmers "restore max stat on using class skill", bite me, but thats great on a stam dk tank, for getting more resource out of cookie shield. Those r intresting things u can get to work in your favor.

Argonian potion boost otoh, it is still completely OP, if u use 3 potion speed glyphs and run a superexpensive hybrid build where u blast tri pots on cooldown. For everything else, the racials r meh. That feels like a "look that passive is op in those 2 areas of the game and thus comes at a high price, but well, better stay away from everything else."

Same for bosmer, u can run a pvp dodgemonkey bowbuild, which will be prolly extremely annoying to face, if u overdo it with things like senche, mori, gloom, hunt and tactitian. over the thumb id say the build would be annoying, but not threatening to face and, it looks like the only thing, the racials r good for. in every other area of the game a different race will perform (far) better.

Dunmer, the flameresistant sound nice for a vampire which gives u some of the desperetly needed sustain, but than theres races offering more dmg _and_ also come with sustain. those racials only give stat sticks and nothing cool or unique. prolly the shortest stick of all the changes, as it doesnt even have a single niche and is outperformed by something in all the main areas.

And than there is races, which can shine in so many different aspects, like khajiit. solid (if not best) choice for both mag and stam dd (pve), best (and only) choice for heist/sacraments/crimes, get a little boon for healer, very nice for ganking (thus a good pick for bg, ic, solo cyro). might get outperformed in the one or other aspect, but theres barely anything where u feel bad for a "underperforming" race to a certain type of content.

Not saying nerf it. All the races should feel like that.
      Edited by eso_nya on January 18, 2019 8:57PM
    • Anoregon
      Anoregon
      ✭✭✭
      My main concern is that there are still clear winners and losers for any given role. I thought the whole purpose of this exercise was to remove that and increase player freedom, but really all it did was shift around who is at the top of the totem pole.

Oh, and of course Argonians are still a disaster since Resourcefulness is paradoxically both too strong and the reason they are the worst PvE damage race. It's an idea that doesn't work and it should be replaced by something that can actually be balanced.
      Edited by Anoregon on January 18, 2019 8:49PM
    • Vigawatt
      Vigawatt
      ✭✭✭
      Pet Sorc

I play Dunmer Pet Sorc. To be fair, as a whole people are seeing some positives and negatives for each race. Even some people are happy with Dunmer changes.

But I'm seeing 3 losses I believe.
      1) Changing max magicka to a percentage is a net reduction when a pet sorc focuses on max magicka overall.
      2) Reducing magicka Dunmer have and replacing with health is a further reduction of magicka.
      3) Replacing elemental damage with spell damage reduces effectivity of pets. Pets do damage based on max magicka, not spell damage. And I believe the Volatile familair pulse is a shock ability, and I lose that shock bonus from the Dunmer passive.

I can't speak personally to other classes because this is my only character, but it looks like Dunmer Pet Sorc has an outsized disadvantage compared to the cons other races/classes are seeing. From an overall perspective, it still looks like a net negative for a pet sorc of any race. I'm concerned about the viability of this skill tree with these proposed changes.
    • XiDiabolismiX
      XiDiabolismiX
      ✭✭✭
      The biggest issue for me is the fact that we cannot change the race for free at least once for every character. To me that’s a bait and switch monetization on a better part of the player base.

If ZOS truly cares as much as they say they do on creating more diversity and individualism between races, then they would let us change the characters we’ve been working on for years for free. Anything less is greedy. I think the coffers are running dry and they see this as another payday.

Besides the money grab, I think it’s a cool concept and welcoming change. A lot of these races were unused from the vast majority of us because they just didn’t perform well enough for what we use them for (strictly from a min/max, bis perspective).

Role players won’t get it, but it’s no reason to downplay a part of the player base. It’s not like I care that Mumbai Doodleberry likes to cast fireballs as a nord, but I do like to chase bis.
      Edited by XiDiabolismiX on January 18, 2019 9:11PM
    • Galarthor
      Galarthor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      My #1 concern is that the 20% speed buff of Bosmers will result in the same fiasco as the swift jewelry back before nerf where people were too fast for the game to comprehend and as a result were untouchable / invulnerable.
      B/c: New Swift + 20% > Old Swift
    • Twohothardware
      Twohothardware
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Galarthor wrote: »
      My #1 concern is that the 20% speed buff of Bosmers will result in the same fiasco as the swift jewelry back before nerf where people were too fast for the game to comprehend and as a result were untouchable / invulnerable.
      B/c: New Swift + 20% > Old Swift

They should change it to Sprint speed only and if they have to give a small like 4-5% buff to bow damage. Orc is suppose to be one of the faster races yet the Orc 10% speed passive only applies to Sprint.
    • sage2000
      sage2000
      ✭✭✭
      As someone who min-maxes their characters, and has a number of them, my biggest concern by far is the large outlay of money I'll need to make to keep my character's races ideal for their roles and my playstyle.

This expense is compounded by the fact that several of those characters have race-appropriate names, necessitating further cash outlay in the form of name change tokens in order to continue enjoying my characters as I do now.

Others have said it , but I feel the need to say it again: balance changes should not be monetized. To do so is sleazy arm-twisting.

Edited by sage2000 on January 18, 2019 10:20PM
    • pshift
      pshift
      ✭✭✭
      My biggest concern is having to listen to minmax dorks whine about it for the next 6 months.
    • Twohothardware
      Twohothardware
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      sage2000 wrote: »
      As someone who min-maxes their characters, and has a number of them, my biggest concern by far is the large outlay of money I'll need to make to keep my character's races ideal for their roles and my playstyle.

This expense is compounded by the fact that several of those characters have race-appropriate names, necessitating further cash outlay in the form of name change tokens in order to continue enjoying my characters as I do now.

Others have said it , but I feel the need to say it again: balance changes should not be monetized. To do so is sleazy arm-twisting.

They continue to add more character slots so those that are hardcore min/max can simply level a new character if the changes are that big to them instead of buying race/name change tokens.

It takes very little time during the bonus XP events in comparison to the amount of time you're spending playing the game. I used to fully level a character per week when Kyne was popular and that included fully leveling Fighters Guild, ect.

ZOS can't balance the game around the handful of people with 15 characters they want to keep fully min/maxed in rotation. Real Race balancing has been a long time coming.
      Edited by Twohothardware on January 18, 2019 10:38PM
    • AngelaWasp
      AngelaWasp
      ✭✭✭
      I love my main character, she was my first and I play her every single day. I've been through a lot with her. Unfortunately, she's a dark elf magicka warden, which is looking like the worst thing my favourite character could ever have been. It's just been nerf after nerf. There's no way I could change her race, I'm that attached to her. I do have other characters who will be stronger who I could play, but I'm feeling pretty upset tbh.
    • sage2000
      sage2000
      ✭✭✭
      sage2000 wrote: »

They continue to add more character slots so those that are hardcore min/max can simply level a new character if the changes are that big to them instead of buying race/name change tokens.

It takes very little time during the bonus XP events in comparison to the amount of time you're spending playing the game. , ect.

ZOS can't balance the game around the handful of people with 15 characters they want to keep fully min/maxed in rotation. Real Race balancing has been a long time coming.

You're so right, it would be totally awesome to re-roll and grind up not only levels, but skill points, guild lines, alchemy and provisioning, on my whole fleet of characters. Thank you for showing me that because something doesn't concern you, it shouldn't concern me. I'm so grateful you set me straight. Edit to add: Not to mention my fully upgraded mount training on those characters!

A note re: reading comprehension though: I wan't asking ZOS to "balance the game around the handful of people with 15 characters they want to keep fully min/maxed in rotation." I was asking them not to monetize those changes. And FYI: the people with multiple characters they would feel the need to change is far more than "a handful".

"I used to fully level a character per week when Kyne was popular and that included fully leveling Fighters Guild"

Thanks for your interesting suggestion, but I won't spend eight weeks leveling new characters just to get back to where I was before the change. If that becomes necessary, I'll likely just play a different game.
      Edited by sage2000 on January 19, 2019 1:43AM
    • waitwhat
      waitwhat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'm fairly happy with all the changes as well.

The khajiit sustain change makes sense to me because:

1) for most of us it's not a big drop, if any, from 10% added recovery to a flat addition. Especially since the 75 will still be boosted by Mooncalf.
      2) Redguard seems to have taken a sizable damage reduction, as that 10% max stam could easily push them close to if not over 40k stam. I've always said that Redguard and Khajiit need to be better distinguished from one another, and the changes to Carnage + Adrenaline Rush comport well with that. We'll need testing to confirm, but Redguard is clearly the sustain choice while khajiit is the damage choice for PvE dps.
      Edited by waitwhat on January 18, 2019 11:03PM
      PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
      Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
      Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
      Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
      Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
      "Read the ******* lorebook."