Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

What is your number 1 concern about racial changes right now?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What is your biggest issue with race changes right now as proposed?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 1 free race change given. It should be 1 per character, not 1 per account.

Monetizing game balance changes is just plain wrong.
    Options
  • Kenndrah
    Kenndrah
    ✭✭
    I’ll probably cop from flack for it, but overall I really like the changes.

There are only a couple of things I think could be balanced a bit better.

It doesn't make sense to give argonian disease resist and bosmer posion resist, does it? Argonians having posion resist makes more sense with the lore, and I believe bosmer have disease resist as standard in other elder scrolls games? Either both get both or give argonians poison and disease to bosmer.

The bosmer sneak passive change sucks. They've been giving something only useful in pvp. I don't play a bosmer and have no plans to, but I think that's a kick in the teeth.

I'd also like to see the resource sustain khajiit get to be a bit higher. It just seems really underwhelming compared to other races sustain.
    Options
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This a thousand times, many people have even bought character slots and should have more than 10 toons, imagine the cost to fix every single race for a change not under their decisions. Oof
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    What is your biggest issue with race changes right now as proposed?

I have to see how the changes work with skills and stes in a real environment.

The changes to khajiit and dunmer seem interesting if you look at them in an isolated state and at a first sight they give the impression of a plan to enhace hybrid build, BUT, in the current state, any hybrid Altmer will do much better than dunmers and khajiits, just because of the magicka/stamina recovery passive and the extra spell dmg.

Ironically, Pelinal's aptitude will work much better on an Altmer character than in any "hybrid" race.

What bothers me the most is that I have to learn to play again after 5 years...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only regret that it will cost some crowns to try ALL the races, but I like the fact that there are so many appealing choices! I hated being forced to run Altmer on my Sorcs because it was so much better than anything else.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    my wood elves are losing their stealth bonuses.
    Kenndrah wrote: »
    It doesn't make sense to give argonian disease resist and bosmer posion resist, does it? Argonians having posion resist makes more sense with the lore, and I believe bosmer have disease resist as standard in other elder scrolls games? Either both get both or give argonians poison and disease to bosmer.

Same thing I said last night while my friend and I were going through the notes.
    Edited by SpacemanSpiff1 on January 17, 2019 2:35PM
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dunmer having no vaible niche.
    every race has one niche where they´ll be absolutely best - dunmer doesn´t have that.

arguable breton is too onedimensional and the cost reduction could be magica and stamina or all abilities.
    khajiit recs could all be 100 since their specialty has overall less value than straight dmg
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer needs some love, they should be at least be the best choice for mDk.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
    Options
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said about balancing races but races still can be splitted in stam and mag.
    Altmer/redguard still bis giving no other option.
    Khajiit and Dunmer as attempt to be hybrid races, losing their former efficiency (stam and mag respectively).
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m a bit skeptical on the 500 max stam for orcs, that seems really low on paper. Will wait for PTS though but I foresee a huge stamina loss for my PvP Stamplar that has 39k stamina for a wicked PoL.
    Edited by Vapirko on January 17, 2019 2:44PM
    Options
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    They said about balancing races but races still can be splitted in stam and mag.
    Altmer/redguard still bis giving no other option.
    Khajiit and Dunmer as attempt to be hybrid races, losing their former efficiency (stam and mag respectively).

Not true, Redguard is BIS in PvE. In PvP orc and bosmer will be good now. Orc will be better than Redguards in Brawler fights while Bosmer will be better on hit and run builds.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
    Options
  • Fvh09NL
    Fvh09NL
    ✭✭✭
    I only regret that it will cost some crowns to try ALL the races, but I like the fact that there are so many appealing choices! I hated being forced to run Altmer on my Sorcs because it was so much better than anything else.

And now you certainly have to run Altmer, even Dunmer doesnt come close as a mag dps anymore. Maybe Breton became somewhat more viable, but Altmer is now without a doubt best mag dps.
    Edited by Fvh09NL on January 17, 2019 2:48PM
    Options
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel the Breton 2nd racial change is unnecessary and I would rather keep the high spell resistance than have more recovery on race that already has good sustain. In PvP I value the ability to not to die more than dying with 70% magickapool. Overall the rework is still a much needed buff and I have seen there are players who really like the new 2nd passive too. I just hope the nerf doesnt go over the critical point where Breton pops in front of an Altmer mage as this nerf also hits Breton Shield strength.

About other racials, I think most of the reworks are very good. A few points about Imperials, Khajiits and Dunmers:

Imperial has clearly been remade with a tank role in mind. It fulfulls that role well but I was hoping it would have some versatility.

I like the Khajiit changes, except 75 recovery is pretty bad. They have the worst sustain already on live and these changes are not going to help with that.

The biggest pain point is the Dunmer who used to go toe-to-toe with Altmer as "The best magicka DPS race", now turned into a hybrid that clearly lost to its old rival. This will no doubt upset many end game Dunmer players, which are many. Atleast the 2nd passive needs to be changed. 600hp is not significant and not really supported by lore either. What Dunmer needs instead is either damage, sustain or something unique.
    Edited by Sinolai on January 17, 2019 2:54PM
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thing that bothers me the most is that these changes to Racial Passives have effects which go way beyond combat metrics.

Some of the racial passives that are being deleted from the game have been defining features of those races since ESO began, nearly 5 years ago. I have created character builds, passive RP characterisations and back stories around those passives. I have made a heavy investment in them over the years. I sure many other players have too.

Two of my Dunmer seem to be the worst affected. Both are DK's, one mag, one Pelinal's hybrid. The flame damage bonus is central to their respective builds, and has thus become the corner stone on which I have constructed their characterisations and back stories. The Pelinal's build is already pretty marginal in combat, and may become completely non-viable, even for things like Public Dungeon bosses.

My chief of sneaks is a Bosmer, but it looks like he would now be better suited to the role of sentry rather than ganker. At a stroke he's lost both of the stealth bonuses which together were his entire raison d'être. Not at all sure what I can do with that character now. My Khajiit may have had his claws clipped but at least he can still be a good thief.

I haven't had a chance to check yet, but I'm pretty sure that Argonian poison resistance is referenced in NPC dialogue. IIRC Jee-Lar and Green Venom Tongue both mention it. Looks like the Combat Team have quite literally lost the plot with this one. They certainly seem to be above the lore.

Games are supposed to be fun. Having some of my oldest, most beloved characters mutilated like this is not fun, especially as it seem to be a thing with every update now.
    PC EU
    Options
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

100% agree with this statement. it is criminal to have a massive overhaul to the race passives and not offer free race change per toon. This has to be the #1 priority for everyone playing this game. This is just wrong.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
    Options
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing that bothers me the most is that these changes to Racial Passives have effects which go way beyond combat metrics.

Some of the racial passives that are being deleted from the game have been defining features of those races since ESO began, nearly 5 years ago. I have created character builds, passive RP characterisations and back stories around those passives. I have made a heavy investment in them over the years. I sure many other players have too.

Two of my Dunmer seem to be the worst affected. Both are DK's, one mag, one Pelinal's hybrid. The flame damage bonus is central to their respective builds, and has thus become the corner stone on which I have constructed their characterisations and back stories. The Pelinal's build is already pretty marginal in combat, and may become completely non-viable, even for things like Public Dungeon bosses.

My chief of sneaks is a Bosmer, but it looks like he would now be better suited to the role of sentry rather than ganker. At a stroke he's lost both of the stealth bonuses which together were his entire raison d'être. Not at all sure what I can do with that character now. My Khajiit may have had his claws clipped but at least he can still be a good thief.

I haven't had a chance to check yet, but I'm pretty sure that Argonian poison resistance is referenced in NPC dialogue. IIRC Jee-Lar and Green Venom Tongue both mention it. Looks like the Combat Team have quite literally lost the plot with this one. They certainly seem to be above the lore.

Games are supposed to be fun. Having some of my oldest, most beloved characters mutilated like this is not fun, especially as it seem to be a thing with every update now.

If you find it screenshot issue and post here.
    Options
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm I guess it is that I lost the damage from Stealth on my Bosmer (and stealth detection) with no replacement.

I kind of understand why it was removed but not why I didn't get anything to replace it damage wise (the speed at running away doesn't count).

Also annoyed at losing the fire damage bonus on my dumner mag dk with a Dark elf name that can't be race swaped but at least there is still a spell damage buff but I am now a lot worse.
    Options
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭

This exactly. Players should either get one token for each max level character or be able to change it in game for gold for a limited amout of time, much like skill respecs when these get rebalanced.
    Options
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This exactly. Players should either get one token for each max level character or be able to change it in game for gold for a limited amout of time, much like skill respecs when these get rebalanced.

This. Monetizing game balance is disgusting.

edit: on top of this, these changes seem like a blanket nerf to racial power across the board. Which feels awful and combined with no more cp increases means all our dps is going to go down during a patch.
    Edited by iCaliban on January 17, 2019 4:12PM
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my main concern is not being able to test these changes until the PTS that has them are dropped.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajit is awful as it seems now. Just remove the health recovery and give kitties 125 stam and mag rec together with spell and wep crit, that would make for interesting build choices.
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not being able to play with the characters I love. And since I don't want to delete or race change my toons, if I want to play a particular race/class spec I don't have, I'll have to level a new character. I'm not too worried about it yet, waiting first for the PTS to drop.
    Options
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little disappointed Argonians didn't get anything that would help DPS, as I'm an Argonian MagSorc.

Other than that though, I like most of them. I'm really interested to try an Orc! Maybe I'll make an Orc Stamina Necromancer
    Add a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Veteran players have been alienated and disengaged from Overland since One Tamriel, due to the lack of difficulty, and pushed into dungeons and trials; the minority of content in the Elder Scrolls Online. We can't take the repetition anymore, fix Overland engagement for Vet players. I don't even care if it's not combat related anymore, just make Overland engaging again.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest concern with the proposed race changes is that they do nothing to address the fact that race selection encourages you to play either a stamina or magicka character. We do not accept such 'channeling' into certain roles based on gender in the Elder Scrolls world; why do we accept it for race?
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • Aedrion
    Aedrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    dunmer having no vaible niche.
    every race has one niche where they´ll be absolutely best - dunmer doesn´t have that.

That's right. Every race has one niche.

... Exactly what they wanted to AVOID.

giphy.gif

Options
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an Altmer main, I am happy. But I am sad that my Dunmer brothers and sisters were gutted. This patch actually reduced magicka DD diversity.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 17, 2019 5:26PM
    Options
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first thing I wanted to do in this game was play a cat in a robe with a staff, so against all good sense, I did that. I am therefore extremely pleased that Khajiit now has some magicka love in her racial passives. However, my Dumer DK is confused and bewildered, wondering if it even makes sense to use a fire staff anymore. I've switched to lightning on everyone else, and I really wanted one place where I could shoot a fireball and not feel embarrassed by it. :relieved:
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest concern is that they didn't balance anything.

They just shuffled the imbalance around a bit.

So, even with class rep help and streamer devs they still don't know what they are doing.

To top it off, only offering one race change token (even though I plan to stick with argonian) is a slap in the face to the players. And then putting them on sale in the crown store for only 16% off right after they said races were changing and before the notes were even out is another slap coming right back across the other cheek.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This 1000%
    Options
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest concern is that the race passive will buff certain classes too much.

Mag Plar will be even stronger in pvp with this passive for example :
    Reduces damage taken by 5% while you are using an ability with a cast or channel time.

And good luck trying to kill a stamplar with this passive on:
    When you deal Direct Damage you have a 15% chance to heal for 1750
    Options