The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What is your number 1 concern about racial changes right now?

• Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My biggest concern is that Nords, Imperials and Argonians are not going to get a significant buff to make them worthwhile to play outside of Tank roles and just remain mediocre because people are blinded by the minute Tank racials they have as though a small buff will break them in any way.
    Edited by Silver_Strider on January 25, 2019 3:13PM
    Argonian forever
  • Lifemocker
    Lifemocker
    ✭✭✭
    I really don’t get this ”dunmer is now hybrid race, it will be bad at everything” nonsense.
    The only difference to altmer is 750 magicka and in the end that isn’t that big of a loss in damage as people make it out to be. It will only make a difference to a handful of groups that only run the best possible for top scores.
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing in particular. Some stuff i benefit from other stuff not...i really don't care about racial passives that much when i create a character and i did most of the vet hm trial content.

Scoreruns isn't something I'm really concerned for so maybe it affects min/max people.
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slightly less sustain options for my argonian sorc tank with the nerfed resourceful passive. They should make dark deal instant cast and make it all stamina over time to bring sorc inline with other classes.
    I've hidden your signature.
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, most of the changes are either good or fair game. Not overly fond of some of them, but they can be managed.

I absolutely despise the stealth bonus being removed from Bosmers, though :/
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest concern is that Nords, Imperials and Argonians are not going to get an significant buff to make them worthwhile to play outside of Tank roles and just remain mediocre because people are blinded by the minute Tank racials they have as though a small buff will break them in any way.
    Imperial should get something. one idea was 2000 magic or stamina depending on that is higher.

Problem is that tanky races would probably be monsters in PvP if getting weapon damage.
    But perhaps Nord should get it as not on cart.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make imperial great again.

Imperial lives matter.
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I show up to my family reunion as a nord, they are going to eat me
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    My biggest concern is that the race passive will buff certain classes too much.

Mag Plar will be even stronger in pvp with this passive for example :
    Reduces damage taken by 5% while you are using an ability with a cast or channel time.

And good luck trying to kill a stamplar with this passive on:
    When you deal Direct Damage you have a 15% chance to heal for 1750

When was 1750 heal for 15% chance ever a problem? There's already puncturing sweeps which heals for far more. You're making mountains out of molehills. Red Diamond is still not good on PTS, just like it hasn't been any good for years. I'm not even sure this would be amazing if Red Diamond had 100% chance. You do realize people can pump out well over 30,000 damage per second. This little piddly heal is a joke. It requires direct attack meaning the jabs gets one proc chance during the whole channel if I understand correctly. Again its a 15% chance. If you want to complain go look at Altmer, Redguard or Orc who have much better self recovery systems with similar mechanics.
    Edited by dodgehopper_ESO on January 25, 2019 1:35PM
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My biggest concern is that Nords, Imperials and Argonians are not going to get an significant buff to make them worthwhile to play outside of Tank roles and just remain mediocre because people are blinded by the minute Tank racials they have as though a small buff will break them in any way.

This is what I feel as well. Everyone freaks out about tanking passives being OP and just glance over the obvious DD benefits (which just work better in this game). I do not think by the way that Imperial Red Diamond is anywhere near as good as Adrenaline Rush or the Orc or Altmer version of the same. These are realiable. Red Diamond is yet again a 15% proc chance which is horrible. Even if the heal were 5000 you could just as soon be full on health when its strikes. Its too unreliable. I'm not sure why they keep doing this to Imperials. It is ironic because I personally feel Imperial is a pay-to-lose race. Make it free so you can balance it guys. Imperial is an iconic TES race anyway why make it something super special? It is not as though we're playing a Maormer, Riekling, Troll, Daedra or whatever people keep suggesting every couple months for extra races.
    Edited by dodgehopper_ESO on January 25, 2019 1:49PM
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is Breton and they got a minor buff and no drastic changes that affects my playstyle. So it could be worse!

I'm not to happy about Dunmer, Bosmer and Imperial changes though. It affects 4 of my alts in a negative way, while we only get 1 free race change coupon. Not really sure yet if I'm gonna just manage and roll with it or pay for more coupons.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen comparisons and logged my characters in on PTS. I am not concerned at all really. I just gripe because I liked health recovery on a nord but it got traded for a different niche and either way; I do not really thing they did enough to make nords more than just a niche race of a different flavor. Other classes have better all around capability between mag and stam or are more specialized in one. It feels like "tank" races are more pigeonholed.
  • Sygil05
    Sygil05
    ✭✭✭
    I'm slightly concerned about resource management on my Dunmer MagSorc, since I already took a hit dropping my magicka to increase my resistances as a result of the Murkmire patch, and it wasn't that great to begin with. I don't think it's the end of the world though, and will wait to see how it pans out in conjunction with the other changes they're rolling out.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My number 1 concern is that I used to be impatient with anticipation about the new content to come.

Now I only fear and cringe at the thought.

Ultra-extra nerfed and signature abilities stripped Mag sorc? Check.

Ever dropping DPS Pet spec (on some of my sorcs)? Check

Dunmer with fire gear and enchant? Check.

Multiple Dunmer magsorcs on one account? Check.

I LOATHE having to pay for 4 (1 is free) race changes just because some random guy out there decided that everything of the characters I love in this game is wrong, bad, and needs to be neutered ASAP.
  • Ciovala
    Ciovala
    ✭✭✭
    Imperials. I don’t understand why it hasn’t been made just a general race that can do anything, but not necessarily ‘meta’. Give them some magicka bonus or something and it would be nice. I saw someone suggest a bonus to magicka or stamina, whichever is higher. :)
    Edited by Ciovala on January 25, 2019 9:29PM
    Looking for a mature and helpful social guild - play PvE, PvP, and like crafting.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Imperial should get something. one idea was 2000 magic or stamina depending on that is higher.

Problem is that tanky races would probably be monsters in PvP if getting weapon damage.
    But perhaps Nord should get it as not on cart.

And yet Orc got 258 Weapon Damage, great sustain and still has some of its Tank properties intact. I mean honestly, I look at Orc passives and compare it to Imperials and I just call complete horse**** on this argument. An Orc would be an infinitely better tank than Imperial because, not only does the 258 weapon damage completely overshadow the 1500 extra Stamina of Imperial in utility but the 4% healing received by Orcs on top of their more reliable sustain proc makes Orc an absolute beast over Imperial in both DPS and Tanking roles.
    Edited by Silver_Strider on January 26, 2019 6:02AM
    Argonian forever
  • Bladewizard
    Bladewizard
    ✭✭✭
    Taking the stealth bonus from my wood elves. I am a solo pve player and taking away my bosmers stealth screws up most of my playstyle. Enough so its a game breaker for me. I have no interest in turning all my bosmer into khajit just so I can continue to play the way I like.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing ... Sooner they revert everything to additive bonuses instead of multiplicative the better for the game in general
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My biggest concern is that ZOS is intentionally nerfing several races. Almost all of the changes where a % increase in a stat is replaced by a flat value result in less of that stat for the player. Imperial is a great example of these nerfs.

For Tough, if you had more than ~17000 Health before placing points into Tough, the change to Tough (from 12% Health Increase to +2000 Health).For an Imperial with about 26000 Health before Tough that translates to over 29000 Health with Tough on the current live server. Once Wrathstone arrives, that total is down to a little over 28000 Health with Tough.

A similar problem exists with Conditioning. For an Imperial with 30000 Stamina on live before Conditioning, that results in 33000 once Conditioning is added. Come Wrathstone, the final total is 32000, another nerf.

Most players with Imperial characters tried to maximize their Health and/or Stamina in their base stats, not their Magicka. These two nerfs are a direct hit to the class's viability. Several other classes took similar hits and yet ZOS somehow thinks this is an improvement. Maybe ZOS thinks it is OK to nerf a class if it nerfs several of them - a safety in numbers sort of trick.
    Edited by LonePirate on January 27, 2019 4:50AM
  • Jabassa
    Jabassa
    ✭✭✭
    Kenndrah wrote: »
    I’ll probably cop from flack for it, but overall I really like the changes.

There are only a couple of things I think could be balanced a bit better.

It doesn't make sense to give argonian disease resist and bosmer posion resist, does it? Argonians having posion resist makes more sense with the lore, and I believe bosmer have disease resist as standard in other elder scrolls games? Either both get both or give argonians poison and disease to bosmer.

The bosmer sneak passive change sucks. They've been giving something only useful in pvp. I don't play a bosmer and have no plans to, but I think that's a kick in the teeth.

I'd also like to see the resource sustain khajiit get to be a bit higher. It just seems really underwhelming compared to other races sustain.

I agree, khajiit could use just a little bit more on that buff, like 100-150 mag and stam, but they do get the crit...
  • Samsquanch
    Samsquanch
    ✭✭
    Buffing weapon or spell damage on some races seems like it will make them less versatile, where as health, Stam, and magicka are useful on all builds.

Seems like an issue.
  • Aedrion
    Aedrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That this means we'll never see actual diversity within races by means of racial morphs.
    I fear that ship has sailed and we're on a raft held together by spit and prayers.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my concern is the way khajit has jumped up the magicka tree while the bosmer is being pushed down the stamina one. Bosmer needs better racials than the purported changes.

i hope they can implement a better racial such as gain 1800 max magicka and stamina while a pet is active. or perhaps gain 250 magicka and stamina whenever a pet deals critical damage.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Kulvar
    Kulvar
    ✭✭✭✭

It doesn't make sense to give argonian disease resist and bosmer posion resist, does it? Argonians having posion resist makes more sense with the lore, and I believe bosmer have disease resist as standard in other elder scrolls games? Either both get both or give argonians poison and disease to bosmer.

I don't understand that.
    Black Marsh is renown for its diseases that kills almost anyone who come in except Argonians.
    Argonians also were the only ones immune to the Knahaten Flu.
    Disease resistance fits Argonian like a glove !

Coward Argonian scholar of the Ebonheart Pact
  • susniand
    susniand
    ✭✭
    Lifemocker wrote: »
    I really don’t get this ”dunmer is now hybrid race, it will be bad at everything” nonsense.
    The only difference to altmer is 750 magicka and in the end that isn’t that big of a loss in damage as people make it out to be. It will only make a difference to a handful of groups that only run the best possible for top scores.

There is much bigger diference than just 750 magicka, dunmer has no sustain, therefore you must implement it gear somewhere, where altimer can gear up straight full damage.

By those changes dunmer magicka dragonknights have been hit by nerfbat the most.

If dunmer would get like 50 (yes only 50) magicka AND stamina regen, that would go a long way.
  • Lifemocker
    Lifemocker
    ✭✭✭
    susniand wrote: »
    Lifemocker wrote: »

There is much bigger diference than just 750 magicka, dunmer has no sustain, therefore you must implement it gear somewhere, where altimer can gear up straight full damage.

By those changes dunmer magicka dragonknights have been hit by nerfbat the most.

If dunmer would get like 50 (yes only 50) magicka AND stamina regen, that would go a long way.

Well they don’t have any recovery now either do they? And people seem to do just fine. And magicka dragonknight shouldn’t be just a dunmer class, isn’t that one of the reason why they are doing these changes.
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    The thing that bothers me the most is that these changes to Racial Passives have effects which go way beyond combat metrics.

Some of the racial passives that are being deleted from the game have been defining features of those races since ESO began, nearly 5 years ago. I have created character builds, passive RP characterisations and back stories around those passives. I have made a heavy investment in them over the years. I sure many other players have too.

Two of my Dunmer seem to be the worst affected. Both are DK's, one mag, one Pelinal's hybrid. The flame damage bonus is central to their respective builds, and has thus become the corner stone on which I have constructed their characterisations and back stories. The Pelinal's build is already pretty marginal in combat, and may become completely non-viable, even for things like Public Dungeon bosses.

My chief of sneaks is a Bosmer, but it looks like he would now be better suited to the role of sentry rather than ganker. At a stroke he's lost both of the stealth bonuses which together were his entire raison d'être. Not at all sure what I can do with that character now. My Khajiit may have had his claws clipped but at least he can still be a good thief.

I haven't had a chance to check yet, but I'm pretty sure that Argonian poison resistance is referenced in NPC dialogue. IIRC Jee-Lar and Green Venom Tongue both mention it. Looks like the Combat Team have quite literally lost the plot with this one. They certainly seem to be above the lore.

Games are supposed to be fun. Having some of my oldest, most beloved characters mutilated like this is not fun, especially as it seem to be a thing with every update now.

If you find it screenshot issue and post here.
    Kulvar wrote: »

I don't understand that.
    Black Marsh is renown for its diseases that kills almost anyone who come in except Argonians.
    Argonians also were the only ones immune to the Knahaten Flu.
    Disease resistance fits Argonian like a glove !

Yeah and so does poison resist. They are highly resistant to both.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall I am pretty “whatever” about the changes. The exception is bosmers losing their stealth, that has got me so annoyed it’s ruining my vacation.
    Edited by BlueRaven on January 28, 2019 2:57PM
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    Just hope Khajiits gets buffed even more when Elsweyr releases. Bring Moon Sugar and Skooma back as usable items! #KhajiitMasterRace

But honestly, just wish they removed Racial passives at all since it's an MMO, maybe keep them, but making them more the same, so it doesn't matter which race you pick. Race should be just for the looks and not because "this race is stronger" imo.
    -
    Edited by Craziux on January 28, 2019 3:56PM
    [Outfits] Hide More Armor Slots?
    Cast your vote and make it happen!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    ,<* Explorer of Tamriel since Beta *>,
    Hours spent in-game: 7500+ #NoLife
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC: