The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

What is your number 1 concern about racial changes right now?

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer is the clear winner in terms of magical dps and overall imo. I tought this was gonna be more balanced.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • LjAnimalchin
    LjAnimalchin
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like anybody who knows anything about PvP on stamina toons, and doesn't just zerg all day, is just going to run bosmer. Mobility is king.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players who made many characters with racial passives in mind for their role. We are only getting 1 race change per account, so this leaves those players in a lurch.

I personally play 1 characters (with 7 mules for writs and such) and I don't play Argonian for the racials but because I love the race.

I think they should give 1 race change token per CP160 character so those folks who have many characters and made their choices based on best race for role will have the chance to change them.

I am also for these tokens to expire so you only have a certain amount of time to race change the characters you have to suit the new passives if you want and not end up with multiple tokens left over for use in the far future.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The most problematic part for me personally was indirect nerf to the unsustainable races with enchants halved. If not that particular thing all the changes could be more welcomed, mostly, but when sustain is the king this really cancels most of the changes back to redguard being better (and now bosmer too, maybe even ahead).

The only solution I see is to give absorb enchants a return buff, but not the damage component one. Maybe even exchange all the damage for sustain gain as 400-500dps loss not going to change anything really (that's for stamina, not infused magicka backbar ofc) but this needs to be separated values for mag, health and stam probably.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having to pay to switch races.

A real nightmare. I would love to be able to use new races because I like the changes coming but it kills me that I'd have to pay for that...
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    should be able to change any race that has changed. '

which is all of them.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Health regen builds are dead. Don't care about the rest, they look pretty good.
    PC EU
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just do not like the monetization of core game changes. Just seems wrong to make money off of nerfs, and buffs.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PvE DPS splitup of races and roles.

Magicka Critt based class = Khajiit is the winner
    magicka spell dmg class = Altmer winner, Dunmer 0.5% behind
    - For those that needs help sustain = Breton

Stamina Critt based class = Khajiit winner again
    Stamina wep dmg class = Orc, Dunmer few% under
    - For those that needs help sustain = Redguard

Support:
    Tanking = Nord BiS, Argonian is a decent choice.
    Healing = Argonian still BiS, Breton useful-ish

Useless classes for PvE in next DLC = Wood Elf and Imperial.
    Edited by Kikke on January 29, 2019 12:30AM
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 1 free race change given. It should be 1 per character, not 1 per account.

Monetizing game balance changes is just plain wrong.

This, X infinity.

If you are going to change race attributes, then you need to understand that folk have spent real money to get the characters how they want. Its easy to start down a rout with a character and level them up etc then decide, or realise that you prefer a different race. Ive done this more than once (fool me yes but that isnt the point).

It has to be one race change token per character.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My biggest concern right now is that while racial passives do introduce some diversity (or sometimes put things upside down for existing builds), they also reduce diversity in some other ways. You want to play khajiit? Welcome to being pressed into playing classes with good sustain. Want to be a DK and not be forced into Claw spammable? Then prepare to make sacrifices if you also don't want to run redguard, bosmer or orc. The new passives seem to segregate pairs of race+class, though granted, if sustain issues are solved (like with very good group support), the gap between all classes grew less wide, so that's a good thing.

And again, rooting for better sustain for khajiits. Health regen is the most useless thing in the game (outside of special cases with Troll King), and flat 100 to health recovery is absolutely nothing; I'd distribute that hundred into magicka and stamina regen. That, or bump max stats bonus somewhat higher so that khajiits wouldn't have to reenchant body pieces into health and could sit at 16k+ while running Dubious / Witchmother's, but I realize that it may end up unbalanced. So I'd root for bumping sustain and nothing else, that would open up more classes to khajiits, even those with bad sustain.
  • Kulvar
    Kulvar
    ✭✭✭✭
    The change from % to flat means you can just update your gear to bring more X or Y depending on your race and be as efficient as an other race.

And for those saying 1 race change token per character, I would say it should be only for level 50 characters.

Also, we're 4 months before Elsweyr, things can change. Play PTR and bring it to the devs that some racials needs some tweaks.
    Only when Elsweyr will be about to hit can you tell that "race X is dead"
    Edited by Kulvar on January 29, 2019 1:29PM
    Coward Argonian scholar of the Ebonheart Pact
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Kulvar , racial passives will go live in ~3 weeks with Wrathstone update, give or take, and by then they'll pretty much be set in stone; the upcoming Elsweyr chapter isn't likely to bring any more racial changes.
  • Kulvar
    Kulvar
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Kulvar , racial passives will go live in ~3 weeks with Wrathstone update, give or take, and by then they'll pretty much be set in stone; the upcoming Elsweyr chapter isn't likely to bring any more racial changes.

My apologise, I thought it would be for the Elsweyr expansion.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on my statistical testing so far I do not have any. I have been building my current builds and then applying update 21 racials and there is not much difference.

In most cases you see a small drop in max magika or stamina if your max is around 36k and in increase in weapon or spell power of you are Orc or Highelf. The drop in resources is a bit over 1k.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 1 free race change given. It should be 1 per character, not 1 per account.

Monetizing game balance changes is just plain wrong.

This, X infinity.

If you are going to change race attributes, then you need to understand that folk have spent real money to get the characters how they want. Its easy to start down a rout with a character and level them up etc then decide, or realise that you prefer a different race. Ive done this more than once (fool me yes but that isnt the point).

It has to be one race change token per character.

I was trying to see a decline in threads calling out the Monetizing of the racial passives. I'm glad there are still people out there who care about that aspect of the changes.

Love the changes, hate paying to optimize or to switch to the races I would've picked in the first place. Chose my current races based on the current passives, my choices would've been completely different if I would've started the game today.

If we let this go, they could very do another revamp in a year or so and make you change again.

At 30$ a pop, I am infuriated to no end.
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Imperial went from being approximately the third best Stamina DPS race to being the 6th "best" (i.e. worst viable) Stamina DPS race. There is a rich in-game lore for Imperial being a martial class, and instead they're being turned into some crappy, weak-Tank/weak-DPS mishmash.
    2. Khajiit being magic. WHAT THE HECK?! There is a rich in-game lore for them being sneaky, thieving, stealth cats. Their being magic is absolute, utter nonsense.
    3. One. Race. Token. It's crap.

Edited by FilteredRiddle on February 1, 2019 4:18AM
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay
    Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only giving players 1 free race change, when those same player have multiple CP160 characters affected by ZOS changes, expecting players to pay $$$ for more than 1 race change.

Thats greed.
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to the changes because my Altmer magplar could use more sustain so that I can afford to use buff foods for stamina instead of magicka regen. CC's are my biggest pain point right now. This is much needed change for me.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really concerned about the survivability of my Breton mage, who has already had to face a shield nerf. She's already extremely squishy, and did not need to have any resistances reduced.
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperials. The Red Diamond change is appreciated, yet overall they seem to be the most nerfed race by these changes, and compared to the other race's new passives they feel dull.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont like the Dunmer changes. Other than RP, I dont see a compelling reason to pick them for any specific build, and they have always been my favorite race.

I also still think race changes should be free for a week (keep you stupid tokens). I have at lease half a dozen I will want to change, so despite the fact that I think the proposed changes are mostly very healthy for the game, I still just see a cash grab from ZO$...
  • winterbornb14_ESO
    winterbornb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It KILLs the only other tank play style in the game.

RIP Imperial Health Tank (BlazePlar).

The ONLY reason I purchased the Imperial upgrade.

Killing my main character is a sure way to make me play other games.
  • moonsugar66
    moonsugar66
    ✭✭✭
    I foresee a future where we see lots of some races and scant few of others. How the hell is this “balanced”?

In the years that I have played this game I developed characters of every race. All 10 are CP810 now. ESO seems to have trivialized a part of that effort and that infuriates me. I enjoyed my game play with each of them. I resent being forced change them because of some one else’s whim and not my own.
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Argonians are going to remain shoehorned into healer-only role while also being suboptimal choice for it.

After doing some quick build testing I came to the conclusion that the 258 spell damage Altmer are getting is more impactful than the 4% healing done. Granted the difference is small, it was like 1974 vs 1930 on the tooltip of Healing Springs iirc, BUT the healing done is a rigid, inflexible boon that only does one thing and is only really relevant for healer, solo players and sometimes tanks while spell damage is more useful, powerful and relevant for everyone but stam DPS.

I'd actually much prefer if argonians had a more widely applicable and wacky passive for their lv50 skill. Maybe something that could compete with the nord's ultimate generation in terms of supportive power while also being generally useful for everyone and not being OP. Maybe something like this
    The Hist Provides: Everytime you heal a friendly target grant them x spell/weapon damage or x primary resource regen or any kind of buff for 6 seconds
    Can apply to you or your pets and can't be stacked

For a lore background I'd say this could kinda reflect how the sap of the Hist tree is said to enchance combat prowess of those who drink it or something
    And what about sustain?
    Argonians have the option for 3600 trigen every 45 seconds (without any potion speed shenangians), which is equivalent to 160 regen in everything. Numberwise sounds decent but trigen is only relevant in solo playing and pvp, for the most case 2/3 of this passive is going to be wasted. Like for example, a healer in dungeon/trial setting will only care about the magicka regen, right? They are going to be keeping their health topped off with their skills and their stamina regen should be enough to sustain the occasional roll dodge. So that means this passive is merely a single 160 resource regen with the added bonus that sometimes it can save you in a pinch.
    Potion speed shenanigans makes it the equivalent of a whooping 343 regen, but let's not forget that you have to give up 2.5 resources and 507 actual regen or 522 spell/weapon damage or a combination (or whatever enchants and traits you have on your jewelry) while also costing you one potion every activation, so does that really worth it?

On the Altmer side of things they get 575 primer resource refund upon using a class skill every 6 second which equals to 191 regen on paper, not sure about practice, the actual number depends on how often you activate a class skill in your rotation. Not much else to say about this, even stamina DDs use at least one class skill so this passive is relevant for everyone.

I'd say that the two passives are actually kinda equal in power level, especially when viewed from the perspective of a pve healer. Altmers have a higher "regen" but argonians have a more flexible skill.

The final difference between the two races is 2k magicka vs 1k magicka + 1k health, but that's like whatever, all it means is that the enchantments are slightly different on the two.
  • Kulvar
    Kulvar
    ✭✭✭✭
    That Argonians are going to remain shoehorned into healer-only role while also being suboptimal choice for it.
    Especially for an update supposed to open more possibilities of race/class.
    I'd actually much prefer if argonians had a more widely applicable and wacky passive for their lv50 skill. Maybe something that could compete with the nord's ultimate generation in terms of supportive power while also being generally useful for everyone and not being OP. Maybe something like this
    The Hist Provides: Everytime you heal a friendly target grant them x spell/weapon damage or x primary resource regen or any kind of buff for 6 seconds
    Can apply to you or your pets and can't be stacked

For a lore background I'd say this could kinda reflect how the sap of the Hist tree is said to enchance combat prowess of those who drink it or something

I think there should be more racials that account for your attribute points distribution in the upcoming update.

• Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This whole emphasis on racial passives feels like another solution in search of a problem.
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer are losing their stealth bonus that is useful in both PVE and PVP and getting stealth detection, which is completely *** useless. Also really glad I never ended up buying that imperial upgrade lol.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only giving players 1 free race change, when those same player have multiple CP160 characters affected by ZOS changes, expecting players to pay $$$ for more than 1 race change.

Thats greed.

@NoMoreChillies It’s 3 race changes and 3 name changes now.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/456728/update-on-race-change-tokens/p1
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

Thats greed.

@NoMoreChillies It’s 3 race changes and 3 name changes now.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/456728/update-on-race-change-tokens/p1

glad they listened
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.