Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Upcoming Racial Balance Changes for Update 21

• imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... Most of these don't look good. Some are ok but most like Nimble for Khajiit just looks bad. 75 Stamina and Magicka recovery.... Really???
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be 1 race change token per character, period.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My initial impression is that I don't like it. I didn't like the preamble about freedom, and there's a lot of things that instantly rub me the wrong way like:

Spell Recharge: Restore 575 Magicka or Stamina, based on whichever is higher, after activating a Class Ability. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

I don't have a high elf character, but this description is what I hate about building characters in ESO in a nutshell: stupid arbitrary conditions: why tie racial recovery to using a class ability?

I would have much preferred it if the current system was tweaked.
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LLawlietW wrote: »
    Why was redguard buffed? how does that make sense when they are already considered the best race for stamina dps. and then the second best option khajiit gets nerfed. i just dont understand how that is supposed to make sense at all

I don't have the slightest clue what they were thinking buffing Redguard and then giving Khajiit 75 recovery... Thanks. RIP my stamblade
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding pet sorcs: this batch of changes looks like a massive nerf to max mag stacking pet sorc dps toons.

problem: Pets do not benefit in any way from max spell power.

Currently pet sorcs are ~10-15k dps behind other mag dps specs. This will further become a problem after these racial changes (assuming most pet sorcs are high elves)
  • megageeklizzy
    megageeklizzy
    ✭✭✭
    It feels like Dunmer are being made almost entirely useless. I won't be race-changing mine, as I role-play them, and I am frankly very unhappy with the fact that they will now be far less effective. I hope some of these changes are reconsidered. Many do not make sense from a lore standpoint at all or from a gameplay standpoint in terms of balance. The constant power creep is already bad enough without a major unexpected nerf.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlb1705 wrote: »
    Only one I'm worried about is the Redguard. Given how hard that race is pushed as "The Choice for StamDPS," buffing Adrenaline Rush feels like a mistake.

Is it not balanced by this part though?:
    Exhilaration: 9% Stamina Recovery → Martial Training: Reduces the cost of your Weapon abilities by 8%.

This line is definitely a nerf - not just the difference between 9% and 8%, but the difference between passive recovery and cost reduction to only weapon skills. It sounds like the cost reduction wouldn't apply to things like Surprise Attack, Killer's Blade, Relentless Focus, Razor Caltrops, Resolving Vigor, Rearming Trap, etc.

You forget weapon abilities could also include ultimates.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please start moving away from the need to use actual consumables to take advantage of Resourceful? I was hoping this whole rework would address this problem because it's still the only passive that requires you to go out of your way and spend gold (or time farming) to constantly take advantage of it. Having it be a sustain tool is great and all, but having it come with an out-of-pocket expense makes it extremely costly the longer it's used.
    Edited by Alpheu5 on January 17, 2019 4:26AM
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP Dunmer.

Unless you intend to play a hybrid, there's absolutely no reason to pick Dunmer over Altmer for a mag class.

In the current patch, Dunmer-vs-Altmer was a question of damage-vs-sustain. With the high amount of fire damage at play, Dunmer did slightly higher DPS than Altmer, but Altmer had better sustain. Dunmer had 9% max mag (6%+3%) vs. Altmer's 10%, so that was not a substantial difference.

Now with these proposed changes...
    1. The magicka deficit between Dunmer and Altmer is larger.
    2. Replacing Dunmer's higher flame damage with weapon damage (useful only for a hybrid) means that Dunmer now does less DPS than Altmer (as they have the same spell damage bonus).
    3. Dunmer doesn't have Altmer's sustain.

So whereas in the past Dunmer lost sustain in exchange for slightly more damage versus Altmer, now they've lost sustain and lost damage. So... why would anyone pick Dunmer?

Suggestion: Give Dunmer fire abilities an additional X spell damage. It would make them once again a meaningful alternative to Altmer and is consistent with their lore background.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Skeough11
    Skeough11
    ✭✭✭
    ESO-Elsweyr-Meme-Template.png
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Age Of the Nords,Redguards,Orcs!
  • jlb1705
    jlb1705
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    jlb1705 wrote: »
    Only one I'm worried about is the Redguard. Given how hard that race is pushed as "The Choice for StamDPS," buffing Adrenaline Rush feels like a mistake.

Is it not balanced by this part though?:
    Exhilaration: 9% Stamina Recovery → Martial Training: Reduces the cost of your Weapon abilities by 8%.

This line is definitely a nerf - not just the difference between 9% and 8%, but the difference between passive recovery and cost reduction to only weapon skills. It sounds like the cost reduction wouldn't apply to things like Surprise Attack, Killer's Blade, Relentless Focus, Razor Caltrops, Resolving Vigor, Rearming Trap, etc.

You forget weapon abilities could also include ultimates.

Ultimate abilities consume ultimate and not stamina, therefore the Redguard passives didn't affect them either before or after these changes.
  • EpicRekkoning
    EpicRekkoning
    ✭✭✭
    Great job - I love the changes!
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ZOS is going to really regret disrupting characters players have played for years to such a high degree.
  • Halke
    Halke
    ✭✭✭
    Skeough11 wrote: »
    ESO-Elsweyr-Meme-Template.png

That is why she was so far behind Tharn trying to run away!
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The previous argonian passives were very well in line with the race's abilities in terms of lore, they weren't "all over the place"... affinity for quick swimming, the body's responsiveness to resource restores/healing, and disease AAAAAND poison resistance. The poison resistance being removed irks me very heavily... While wood elves are getting poison immunity. It's like skyrim all over again with the passives... There's nothing I've ever been able to find in lore that suggests wood elves should have poison resistances that are more effective than an argonian's... heck, argonian intentionally poison themselves as a cultural practice to exercise their immunities. The previous passives for argonians were perfect... you just had to tone them down a notch to bring the power level in line with the other races.
    "Proud purveyor of Cyrodiil Pickles."
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For the people complaining about the changes, it was a long time coming. But I'm still baffled why they're buffing Redguard sustain over nerfing it. You're buffing the other stam races but making the top sustain one ever better?? It makes no sense.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Shezzarrine
    Shezzarrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was really hoping they would either give Imperial something for magicka or give it some sort of stam recovery passive. The passives seem pretty lackluster, for pve that is. I have both a mag and stam dps that are Imperial and was hoping I could change my main dps ok Imperial without it being too much of a loss in sustain/damage but it seems I will have to stick with redguard. Most of the passives can be good for multiple roles but Imperial seems only good for tanking and maybe a little in pvp. Any chance Imperial gets looked at again?
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50% race change token pls or bundle sale!
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... Most of these don't look good. Some are ok but most like Nimble for Khajiit just looks bad. 75 Stamina and Magicka recovery.... Really???

I think many were done to make the stats less important or give some factions a hy

It makes no sense till you realize the old percentage passives were based on your base values. So a 1100 recovery kitty would get 1210. But in the new system they would get 1175 a difference of 35 recovery in exchange to giving mag toons some recovery.

In the end it isn't turning bretons into Stam powerhouses and bosmer into battlemages, but the flat values makes race less important than the gear/weapons/class you select for your role.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see competitive tanks going for score race-changing to Nord for that ultgen...
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • ChrisCachej
    ChrisCachej
    ✭✭
    As someone with 10 max level characters I'm very disappointed by 1 race change. Seems like a money grab, I should be able to change anyone you guys screw up with this change for free.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They buffed it because they nerfed the recovery passive ya doorknob! Don't worry, should be fine
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Alliance Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to be salty or ironic, but how this changes correspond to initial post where they "compared to set bonuses"?
    Obviously, redguard have more "set bonuses" then khajiit and bosmer.
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    I think ZOS is going to really regret disrupting characters players have played for years to such a high degree.

'To such a high degree'

Either the racial passives were so important that this change is toning them down and that's good...or they aren't actually as important as you make them out to be and, well. Follow the train of thought, see where it goes.
  • rockyracoon13
    rockyracoon13
    ✭✭
    RIP My Dark elf lol such a dumb change.
  • ExhumedToConsume
    ExhumedToConsume
    ✭✭✭
    Can't help but feel my Dark Elf Mag DK is getting nerfed.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very good changes except Imperial which are nerf. Khajit magicka and stamima recovery might need some buff.

12% health bonus replaced with 2000 maximum health instead of 2500.

And Red diamond block and bash cost reduction should be passively granted not to be based on proc.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LLawlietW wrote: »
    Why was redguard buffed? how does that make sense when they are already considered the best race for stamina dps. and then the second best option khajiit gets nerfed. i just dont understand how that is supposed to make sense at all. now khajiit has more health recovery than stam... but yea lets buff adrenaline rush

They nerfed the passive recovery
  • Audens
    Audens
    ✭✭✭
    The Dunmer change is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. There is now no reason to choose Dunmer over Altmer for mag DPS. Or for anything really, other than an RP hybrid build.
    unban my first account thanks