The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Solo dungeon mode, please

• Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

This was addressed in the op. They said that in post one. They have found like minded people and explained the obstacles they still face.

Explain to me how having a no reward story mode will hurt you.

This is a multiplayer game. If you want to take limited dev resources to suddenly make specifically group-oriented content soloable you are by default removing resources from other aspects of the game. There is no argument here, its simple fact - a dev team is a finite resource. You don't just wave a magic wand and suddenly have 'no reward story mode'. There are things that go into this along the lines of concepting, developing, implementing, and testing. Is it a monumental change and resource sink? Nope, but it is a resource sink and I'd like to see that put towards basically any area in the game rather than dumbing down the group content which is already sorely outpaced by all the great solo content the game already offers.

I'm all for solo and casual play but there is already plenty of it. I'm POSITIVE the devs are not going to hold back story content for the new arc from players who want to experience it. Many of the dungeon storylines already tie in to main storylines if you're paying attention, but missing them doesn't change anything.
  • Olith
    Olith
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Olith wrote: »
    Krayl wrote: »
    I think the only one living in a fantasy world is the one who wants a game developer to declare their MMO as dead and change all their group content to be soloable when the majority of the game is quite literally solo content.

Are you really saying introducing an additional solo mode is the same thing as "declaring their MMO dead"? How's that?

Apparently he's comparing what happened with SWTOR....

It seems so, but was that really cause and effect or simply coincidence? I can't see how an additional mode that should appeal to some players (while the others could ignore it completely) would "kill the game".
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    double post fun.
    Edited by Krayl on January 17, 2019 12:59AM
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Olith wrote: »
    I think the only one living in a fantasy world is the one who wants a game developer to declare their MMO as dead and change all their group content to be soloable when the majority of the game is quite literally solo content.

Are you really saying introducing an additional solo mode is the same thing as "declaring their MMO dead"? How's that?

Apparently he's comparing what happened with SWTOR....

Except it didn't.

Amusingly enough, Bioware introduced solo flahpoints as a part of the Shadow of Revan xpac. The "prelude" flashpoints had originally been intended as 4-player group content with a lot of story scenes in between to link them up. The whole Revan story would have made no sense without them. So, as a feature, Bioware introduced Jesus Droid, bundled some decent starter gear packs, and used that series to prepare every player for the newest content.

JMHO, the Prelude is some of the most engaging storytelling I've experienced in an MMO. Along with a couple of the vanilla storylines and Ziost, it's one of my favorite parts of the game.

The flashpoints were hugely popular and players clamored for more. From what I understand, making more flashpoints soloable didn't happen until level sync and the restructuring of the vanilla game to speed people into KOTFE.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Further, I find it very difficult that anyone who has tried cannot get a group that is willing to go slow so someone can see the story. I know this is false because when my group runs with only 3 and we use GF to fill the group we go slow if someone has picked up the quest.

If you do it then everyone must do it....
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Further, I find it very difficult that anyone who has tried cannot get a group that is willing to go slow so someone can see the story. I know this is false because when my group runs with only 3 and we use GF to fill the group we go slow if someone has picked up the quest.

We can only speak for ourselves. If it looks like someone is doing the quest I'll observe and wait. If someone says they need the quest i'll wait and even make sure to remind them not to miss anything (its easy to do sometimes). I've had people do the same for me when running through dungeons. Not everyone is the worst.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

We can only speak for ourselves. If it looks like someone is doing the quest I'll observe and wait. If someone says they need the quest i'll wait and even make sure to remind them not to miss anything (its easy to do sometimes). I've had people do the same for me when running through dungeons. Not everyone is the worst.

You need to pug more. It all too often goes like this.

"Hi, doing quest pls".

*rest of group is now up to 1st boss*

"You need to keep up"

*Mad sprint through dungeon*

*Leader disbands group before quest can be handed in*

Source? I pug all the time.

Good for you for waiting though. I do too, and always ask if anyone is looking for gear at the end. But I am definitely atypical. Half the time 1-2 people leave the group before "Activity Complete" fades from the screen.

Edited by Mr_Walker on January 17, 2019 1:13AM
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that the dev time needed to produce this, while a definite concern, isn't as large as some might think. Currently when they are showing off new dungeons, ZOS disengages aggro and can instakill whole sections of a dungeon. This existing functionality could become the basis of a story mode.

On entering a dungeon, you could have the option of choosing story mode before engagng any mobs. Player groups, in addition to grouping specifically for story mode, should have a ready check for it in dungeon. If that choice is made, you forfeit all set drops and XP. You can walk past all trash mob groups. Once you are done exploring a boss room, you can drop the non-aggroed boss instantly. Any dialogue with NPCs remains in place. And at the end of the dungeon, you get the skill point, sure. I'm cool with that, even if others aren't.

Developing this for every existing dungeon would be a sizable chunk of time. But the tools to do it are already there.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »
    I think that the dev time needed to produce this, while a definite concern, isn't as large as some might think. Currently when they are showing off new dungeons, ZOS disengages aggro and can instakill whole sections of a dungeon. This existing functionality could become the basis of a story mode.

On entering a dungeon, you could have the option of choosing story mode before engagng any mobs. Player groups, in addition to grouping specifically for story mode, should have a ready check for it in dungeon. If that choice is made, you forfeit all set drops and XP. You can walk past all trash mob groups. Once you are done exploring a boss room, you can drop the non-aggroed boss instantly. Any dialogue with NPCs remains in place. And at the end of the dungeon, you get the skill point, sure. I'm cool with that, even if others aren't.

Developing this for every existing dungeon would be a sizable chunk of time. But the tools to do it are already there.

That would be.... PERFECT. As I said, I don't even care about the skill point - don't need 2, 3, 4 more. But just to get to see the story/read the dialogue without issues.... that would be wonderful.
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »

That would be.... PERFECT. As I said, I don't even care about the skill point - don't need 2, 3, 4 more. But just to get to see the story/read the dialogue without issues.... that would be wonderful.

Agreed :smile:
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    myskyrim26 wrote: »
    Please READ the post before posting commets, not just title

And again. PLEASE READ before commenting. PLEASE.

Dear ZOS,
    A lot of lore already hidden in 4-player dungeons. It is even worse for the Wrathstone dungeons, as they are a part of the story. Please make a solo dungeon mode for players, who are not able to do dungeons in a group.
    Let this solo dungeon mode be purely story oriented: no sets, no motifs, no achivements, no skillpoints - nothing that could make this mode a kind of a cheating one. Nothing to grind. It should not be a part of Undaunted pledges and whatever else - juts a story to do.

The fallacy of the argument starts with this first paragraph.

We have seen the occasional thread asking for solo mode. Even starting off that it is purely for fun but goes on wanting more challenge and more rewards.

So we can pretend that is not the case as this request is doing what is says, but we cannot ignore the truth.

I expect Zos can see through this false argument easily.

Just because people have different ideas of the extra details of how solo mode could work in their suggestion doesn't mean that they all want different things, the core suggestion is just for being able to see the story at their own pace. Whether they still get the skill point, whether there's set drops, or achievements is extra and preference, and I'm sure that even if you didn't get any of that (or heck, even XP) in Story Mode, people would be satisfied enough at least with just the ability to do the story content at their own pace. The very reason the suggestion is even appearing so frequently right now is because of the fact that these new dungeons will be interconnected to this year's story, so don't pretend to act like you think they all secretly don't care about the story and all they really want is just to get easier ways to grind sets and get skill points.

There's a difference between looking for people to go slow in the dungeon with you, to actually being able to go at your own pace. Finding a group means asking around, setting up times that you can all do it, which is a hassle on its own that you don't need to go through for other story content in the game. Once that's all said and done there might still be some differences in how slow each person wants to go (one just wants to read the dialogue, another wants to be able to listen to it and get all of the side dialogue, another wants to do that and read all of the notes scattered in the dungeon, and the 4th person wants to do all of that plus RP slow walk and take screenshots of things in the dungeon). Not having a solo mode means some of these people will be compromising things that they enjoy about the questing experience, all because...what? What really is the reason to be against it? I still don't know what that is.

I help run a guild where one of the main things we offer is story-mode style dungeons for people so I can already tell you that the definition is interpreted differently for each person from all of the runs we've done, and that the solution we provide is just a bandaid fix to a problem that should have a better solution built in-game. I won't have trouble finding a group to do these dungeons at a slow enough pace, nor have any trouble with the difficulty even if it's like Dragon Bones or Wolfhunter Normal difficulty, but just because I have a solution for myself doesn't mean I feel like I should deny others a chance for a better one for them just because "I already have a solution that's good enough for me, so it should be good enough for you."

And as for the PUG stuff, it's not fair to your group that you need to feel obliged to go slow throughout the dungeon and waste your free time for them because they didn't have the option of having a story mode version of the dungeon, and not fair to them because now they may have to feel pressured and feel like they're slowing you down in the first place, which may even mean they're just doing the minimal stuff they wanted rather than getting the full experience they were hoping for as well. It's also not fair to the other people in PUGs who don't want to (nor will) go slow for story-moders and end up having a dead weight player (or more) in their group because of that, slowing them down, and of course just a bad time all around for the story-moders too in that situation. If there's a potential solution that solves both of those problems, really, why not do it?
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Hi, doing quest pls".

"You need to keep up"

Good for you for waiting though. I do too, and always ask if anyone is looking for gear at the end. But I am definitely atypical. Half the time 1-2 people leave the group before "Activity Complete" fades from the screen.

yep.

serious talk though.

suggestions on how solo mode can be implemented while using minimum of resources. via utilizing mechanics already in game

idea 1

emperor/meridia buff. you know that one penultimate mission of the vestige story? the buff that also as far as I know works very similarly on a player who gets crowned emperor in Cyrodill. give players an option to slelect a dungeon with that buff enabled. this will allow a player to effectively solo any normal dungeon in a game as their health AND damage would be significantly buffed. there are some mechanics where you need other players to free you, etc, as far as i know, they don't actualy one shot you on normal mode with even a modicum of healing, and so they would just be something to wait out

idea 2. in some of the quests, you have an npc companion, helping you in combat. if i remember correctly in vestige story, you can even pick which role said npc is going to perform. tank, healer, or damage dealer (3 different npc's each performing one of the roles

in solo dungeon, you get to pick out that sort of npc to go along with you. make them strong enough so that they can help compensate for lack of full group.

starting a dungeon in this mode - disables all loot. literally, no loot is dropped from any mobs or bosses. this should take care of the whole "too easy to get sets etc" concern. skill point quest IS the thing that can be done in normal mode, but not decorative trophies or gear or vendor trash from mobs.

minimum rework required. maximum result.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robo_Hobo wrote: »

Dear ZOS,
    A lot of lore already hidden in 4-player dungeons. It is even worse for the Wrathstone dungeons, as they are a part of the story. Please make a solo dungeon mode for players, who are not able to do dungeons in a group.
    Let this solo dungeon mode be purely story oriented: no sets, no motifs, no achivements, no skillpoints - nothing that could make this mode a kind of a cheating one. Nothing to grind. It should not be a part of Undaunted pledges and whatever else - juts a story to do.

We have seen the occasional thread asking for solo mode. Even starting off that it is purely for fun but goes on wanting more challenge and more rewards.

So we can pretend that is not the case as this request is doing what is says, but we cannot ignore the truth.

Just because people have different ideas of the extra details of how solo mode could work in their suggestion doesn't mean that they all want different things, the core suggestion is just for being able to see the story at their own pace. Whether they still get the skill point, whether there's set drops, or achievements is extra and preference, and I'm sure that even if you didn't get any of that (or heck, even XP) in Story Mode, people would be satisfied enough at least with just the ability to do the story content at their own pace. The very reason the suggestion is even appearing so frequently right now is because of the fact that these new dungeons will be interconnected to this year's story, so don't pretend to act like you think they all secretly don't care about the story and all they really want is just to get easier ways to grind sets and get skill points.

There's a difference between looking for people to go slow in the dungeon with you, to actually being able to go at your own pace. Finding a group means asking around, setting up times that you can all do it, which is a hassle on its own that you don't need to go through for other story content in the game. Once that's all said and done there might still be some differences in how slow each person wants to go (one just wants to read the dialogue, another wants to be able to listen to it and get all of the side dialogue, another wants to do that and read all of the notes scattered in the dungeon, and the 4th person wants to do all of that plus RP slow walk and take screenshots of things in the dungeon). Not having a solo mode means some of these people will be compromising things that they enjoy about the questing experience, all because...what? What really is the reason to be against it? I still don't know what that is.

I help run a guild where one of the main things we offer is story-mode style dungeons for people so I can already tell you that the definition is interpreted differently for each person from all of the runs we've done, and that the solution we provide is just a bandaid fix to a problem that should have a better solution built in-game. I won't have trouble finding a group to do these dungeons at a slow enough pace, nor have any trouble with the difficulty even if it's like Dragon Bones or Wolfhunter Normal difficulty, but just because I have a solution for myself doesn't mean I feel like I should deny others a chance for a better one for them just because "I already have a solution that's good enough for me, so it should be good enough for you."

And as for the PUG stuff, it's not fair to your group that you need to feel obliged to go slow throughout the dungeon and waste your free time for them because they didn't have the option of having a story mode version of the dungeon, and not fair to them because now they may have to feel pressured and feel like they're slowing you down in the first place, which may even mean they're just doing the minimal stuff they wanted rather than getting the full experience they were hoping for as well. It's also not fair to the other people in PUGs who don't want to (nor will) go slow for story-moders and end up having a dead weight player (or more) in their group because of that, slowing them down, and of course just a bad time all around for the story-moders too in that situation. If there's a potential solution that solves both of those problems, really, why not do it?

Very well put. I hope the devs get it....
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numerikuu wrote: »

Dear ZOS,

So the overreaching wants of the few should outweigh and negate the wants of the many? Isn't that in itself a fallacy? It's also very judgemental of you to disregard every other peoples wants--including op's post--because someone else is greedy with their wants.

What op wants is what the majority of us want for story mode. Overland difficulty/normal fungal 1 difficulty, no gear drops or drops disabled altogether. That's it. A mode in which we can enjoy the story content. A mode that won't effect you and your group negatively in the slightest.

What? It is clearly a gigantic assumption you are making about the numbers of players interested in this. We cannot even call this thread beating a dead horse because this idea has had such little interest.

Eventually this could happen. It happened in SWTOR when they destroyed the game and had to for keeping interest and that it became much harder to form a group.

It is also a falsehood that players cannot form a group with the intent of going slow in a dungeon to enjoy the storyline. Heck, Guilds, especially social casual guild are great for just that reason, but it can also be formed from Zone.

The entire premise of this thread seems more to be about wanting to avoid grouping altogether.
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

"Hi, doing quest pls".

"You need to keep up"

yep.

serious talk though.

suggestions on how solo mode can be implemented while using minimum of resources. via utilizing mechanics already in game

idea 1

emperor/meridia buff. you know that one penultimate mission of the vestige story? the buff that also as far as I know works very similarly on a player who gets crowned emperor in Cyrodill. give players an option to slelect a dungeon with that buff enabled. this will allow a player to effectively solo any normal dungeon in a game as their health AND damage would be significantly buffed. there are some mechanics where you need other players to free you, etc, as far as i know, they don't actualy one shot you on normal mode with even a modicum of healing, and so they would just be something to wait out

idea 2. in some of the quests, you have an npc companion, helping you in combat. if i remember correctly in vestige story, you can even pick which role said npc is going to perform. tank, healer, or damage dealer (3 different npc's each performing one of the roles

in solo dungeon, you get to pick out that sort of npc to go along with you. make them strong enough so that they can help compensate for lack of full group.

starting a dungeon in this mode - disables all loot. literally, no loot is dropped from any mobs or bosses. this should take care of the whole "too easy to get sets etc" concern. skill point quest IS the thing that can be done in normal mode, but not decorative trophies or gear or vendor trash from mobs.

minimum rework required. maximum result.

This would totally work for me too. Both techniques have worked well in other games-- and elsewhere in this one.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk - I do want to avoid grouping altogether, because with the lag I deal with all the time, grouping is.... totally non-optimal. Oh, not for me. Or at least - only because I get dropped and can't get logged back in before whatever it is has been finished by the others....

It's because someone with satellite as only connection CANNOT be classed as a "reasonable" member of a group for group content.

Listen honey - AU players are upset with 250ms lag. My lag is ten times that on a GOOD day. So yeah. I want a story mode option in the WORST way....
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be amazing to be able to have solo versions of vet hard mode for all the dungeons. A whole bunch of recent DLC achievements are sitting in my list simply because it is nigh on impossible to find a good group at the times I am able to play.
    I've hidden your signature.
  • Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    @myskyrim26

I wholeheartedly agree with your post. As a solo-player (medical issues) in this game, Rift, and WoW, there are just certain things I can't do because I don't raid. Now, I did go back in WoW with my lock and Big Blue, and solo'd everything I could, but it wasn't the same because my character out-leveled the dungeons/raids. And eventually, I had to stop because I couldn't take on the packs of elites.

I've tried a few dungeons in this game, but I can't make it work because sooner or later you run into packs of elite enemies and it's game over.

I can solo kill most bosses in this game as long as I have the room to maneuver around and can kite them, if necessary (I have two characters who completed the game). It just takes me a little more time (48 minutes for the last boss).

I used to be able to take on packs of 4-5 (regular) enemies in this game, but when Morrowind was released, they changed the AI of the magsorc's pet, and that became a lot harder.

Anyway, enough of my issues. I hope they do this, but I doubt it will happen.

• ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please zos this would actually give me a reason to buy the dlc dungeons, or even just run through them with eso plus. I hate having to sprint through dungeons without getting to experience the story/quest if it's one I need to group up to do due to it's difficulty or things that can't be done solo. To this day I still have no clue what's going on in direfrost keep or imperial city prison.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For most dongeon i dont realy care but now they are putting main story in a dongeon and it wont work for most people

Remember how craglorn miserably failed?

People who what to quest/read/explore want to do it at their pace, meanwhile peaple who whant to do do group content couldln't care less about it

Either give story mode for dongeon or keep the main story quest out of them and while we are at it stop making these pathetic excuse of a dlc called dongeon pack and give us true content something worth more than 1 hour and an half of content
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4. Guildmates do agree to do a dungeon with me. Sometimes they even give some time for me to make screenshots of dialogues. Sometimes. But the rest of the time they just rush through a dungeon. I don't want to rush! Dungeons are beautiful, I want to enjoy them! I don't want to make dialogue screenshots, I want to LISTEN to them!

I couldn't agree more, although I'll add that I'd like to do public dungeons / delves solo. It's pretty anti-climatic when you fight hard to get to an end boss, and maybe even get through a third of his hp... when someone else walks in and one shots him, netting you all of the achievements and glory without having to do anything. I personally do not find that fulfilling.

Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For most dongeon i dont realy care but now they are putting main story in a dongeon and it wont work for most people

Remember how craglorn miserably failed?

People who what to quest/read/explore want to do it at their pace, meanwhile peaple who whant to do do group content couldln't care less about it

Either give story mode for dongeon or keep the main story quest out of them and while we are at it stop making these pathetic excuse of a dlc called dongeon pack and give us true content something worth more than 1 hour and an half of content

I remember Craglorn. So I guess the dissenters in this thread want me to have to wait 2 years before someone pulls their head to their shoulders and separates the story of the two tablets from the dungeons. Story in this game has never been tied to group content, and when they try it, they fail miserably.

The stream specifically said the 2 dungeons are needed to get the tablet halves. They showed the tablets at the end of the dungeons being guarded by Imperials and Cultists.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • haloufe007
    haloufe007
    ✭✭✭
    dunjon is not a highway is a museum of history
    4 times a year we have DLC with lots of dungeon
    the company takes care of crafted them
    I personally believe in everything I see and hear and it gives me more pleasure than having a piece of stuff.
    you said it's against the social ...il the funur there is no social with the smartphone
    you want a social then we can do at least dunjon with a difficulty of 2 people and remove the mechanisms that requires the presence of 2 people
    I think that 2 person by dunjon is social
    and let us fight solo bat Most important enjoyed the museum
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dear ZOS,

To all who want to post some answer like "find friends", "find a guild", "learn to play", please read this: I play since 2016. I tried hard to find people like me to do dungeond for a story. And here are the results:
    1. We are 4 and we all want to do a dungeon for a story. I'm a tank. Other players are: a healer who sees a restoration staff for the first time and 2 DDs running around a dungeon like mad chickens. These people never did dungeond before, and will never practice - they are focused on quests only. They don't want to spend their time learning how to play in a group.
    2. I found 3 people who agree to change their playstile. We live in different countries - thus it is hard to set a time for dungeon runs or practice. More - even if we all 4 are online, these players are busy doing something. As, you know, there are a lot things to do. And the most bad thing: I can be forced to log off at any moment because of my job.
    3. Many players who want to do dungeon stories refuse to change anything. As a master crafter, I offer them free sets, food, glyphs. I try to explain their skills gently. I try to explain dungeon mechanics. But solo players are SOLO players. They don't want someone to be a leader. They don't want to learn a crazy rotation piano, they don't listen to a team mechanics. "I'll go see what's there!" - types my teammate in chat. I start typing "No" in respond, but the teammate is already dead, and mobs are running at us.
    4. Guildmates do agree to do a dungeon with me. Sometimes they even give some time for me to make screenshots of dialogues. Sometimes. But the rest of the time they just rush through a dungeon. I don't want to rush! Dungeons are beautiful, I want to enjoy them! I don't want to make dialogue screenshots, I want to LISTEN to them!
    5. I tried to do dungeons solo with a petsorc. My results: Fungal Grotto 1 and another "beginners" dungeon with a spider boss. I know - some players can do a lot of dungeons solo. Not me, unfortunately.

I assure you - I've made every effort to find players like me. A lot of people want to do dungeon stories, and it is impossible to become a team. Please @ZOS, give us a possibility to enjoy dungeons!
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

No , and, MMO. Skyrim is over there
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it should have a solo option where half your content releases are dungeon only ESPECIALY when you tie overreaching story for the entire year TO THEM.. it devalues ESO plus and it discourages people who would rather buy DLC's outright - from buying them.

I stopped paying for ESO+ because i didnt think dungeon DLCs were worth it because I can't do them solo. Because I then don't have a crafting bag I keep getting frustrated by clutter when I play, so now I rarely play anymore.

Kind of weird that dungeon DLCs have made me stop playing the game. Never really though about it before.
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Aurayna
    Aurayna
    ✭✭✭
    I too would love proper solo dungeons ! None of my friends play this game and frankly think I am bonkers, mainly because I am an older player.

Although I like to be pleasant to players and help if needed I am not really wanting to make friends as my life is complete in that respect.

So I do the normal random dungeons but do get fed up with other rushing through the dungeons or leaving before it is finally completed as others have pointed out.

That is expected so I don't complain but just wish it was different, so I could enjoy the game to the full.
    PC - EU
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To all who say " it is about avoiding grouping". Go get 3 teammates and do a dungeon story. Listen to all the dialogues, explore the dungeon slowly. Than come back here and post your results.

Doing a dungeon for gear or fun is great in a group. Doing a dungeon for a story is IMPOSSIBLE in a group. I tried to create a group - a static, temporary, or to run a dungeon here and now since 2016. Long enough, don't you think?
    Edited by myskyrim26 on January 17, 2019 10:04AM
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There seems to be a fear among the group-oriented players here that implementing this feature would cause less people to queue for group dungeons and make finding a group harder, but are those for whom this feature would be helpful really the kind who a) are queuing for dungeons on a regular basis already and b) people you would want to run with?

Remember, I want to read all the quest dialogue. Also, my characters are almost all unoptimized RP builds. Can I bring my Bosmer MagSorc? How about my Nord Werewolf StamWarden?

Trust me, you don't want me in your group. You'll be happier if I'm by myself in story mode. ;)
  • SirCassiusClay
    SirCassiusClay
    ✭✭✭
    Solo mode for story? Sure.

Skill point and sets should remain in group dungeons.

sets sure, skill point should be available in solo dungeon becasue inability to finish quests, unless you get lucky is PART OF THE PROBLEM WITH GROUP DUNGEONS RIGHT NOW

random fun fact.

I don't know how it is on other platforms and servers so I'm speaking from a PC EU perspective. Despite the language barrier we have here, this never happened to me and I have 8 characters. When I queue alone, I communicate nicely, tell people exactly what I want and there will be a person or two to wait at the end. Always.

Yes it should be common sense for people to wait after the quest without a bloody reminder but that's just how a lot of people are nowadays. Impatient and egocentric. Sometimes they forget you were doing the quest because they were being distracted by the children or they're drunk/stoned or listening to music instead of game dialogue or their mother told them to shut down the pc immediately and so on. *** happens.

If I were a developer I wouldn't put the skill point into story mode because it removes one important incentive to run normal dungeons for a good amount of players. They do it once for the SP and don't care about the sets because most of them are trash tbh.

If you meant an additional SP for the Story mode then again I'd have to disagree because the story should be its own reward. Instanced story content with overland difficulty should not be rewarded well, if at all.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There seems to be a fear among the group-oriented players here that implementing this feature would cause less people to queue for group dungeons and make finding a group harder, but are those for whom this feature would be helpful really the kind who a) are queuing for dungeons on a regular basis already and b) people you would want to run with?

Remember, I want to read all the quest dialogue. Also, my characters are almost all unoptimized RP builds. Can I bring my Bosmer MagSorc? How about my Nord Werewolf StamWarden?

Trust me, you don't want me in your group. You'll be happier if I'm by myself in story mode. ;)

Exactly this!
    A lot of players are kicked from dungeons because they seem unfit to others!
    And more - most of story-oriented players don't even try to do group dungeons. My friend is a solo player. He plays almost as long as me, as it was me who told him about all the wonders ESO provides. But he never agreed to try a dungeon, even with me! He said: I do it myself or I don't do it at all. So, such players never queue, they never become a part of any random or pre-made group.
    Instanced story content with overland difficulty should not be rewarded well, if at all.

I agree. If I want a reward - be it a skillpoint or gear, I'll do a regular 4-player dungeon. It is not hard to find a group for a reward purpose. The story mode should not be rewarded.
    Edited by myskyrim26 on January 17, 2019 12:15PM