The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

3 Banners War Future Content Tease?

• Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If this ends up being a Dragon break I hope this could also mean updates to the alliance zones to make them seem like they aren't stuck in the past. I believe that breathing new life into some older content is almost if not as important as adding new content if done correctly.

Now I wouldn't consider myself a lore expert or anything and I don't know the exact amount of time that has passed in the game since launch but its always seemed weird to me that after all this time all those places I have previously helped in my adventures are still plagued with the same problems. Shouldn't those places have cleaned up the mess after the problem was solved? A good example and something I really liked was in Orsinium when we progressed through the story the city was slowly being built and by the end of it the city was developed and new statues were put up.

I know that this would be complicated because it would basically divide the player base between people who have done the content and people who haven't but the updated zones could be treated as new zones while still keeping the old zones that people can go back to if they want. That's where the dragon break could come into play as a way to kind of keep the player base together without removing older content and having new people miss out it. (like what WoW did with cataclysm which is why I can't get into that game)

Some examples of what I would like to see come to ESO in the near future:
    • Complete removal of Dark Anchors from the alliance zones since we stopped the planemeld so the anchors should have been permanently destroyed with them. (correct my if I am wrong)
    • Updated towns and cities similar to how Orsinium worked. After you complete a zone and progress through the game the cities can begin rebuilding i.e. Camlorn is longer infested with werewolves and the city is rebuilt and becomes a new area for things like crafting, guild traders, etc.
    • New story quests and delves for the zones with new problems to solve and new things to discover.

These are just some of my opinions on what would be cool to add to the game. Feel free to add some more :)

By the eight I hope your right, I would love to see that come to pass
    Stridig wrote: »
    Since they can't fix the lag, they will just put an end to Cyrodiil?

How to kill half your fan base

They wouldn’t get rid of it, you could still have a pvp and pve instance running separately. No need to panic, after all, this game is packed with time shifting shenanigans. Also this may give comfort. Once, my guild did an experiment in Elden Root to try to work out how many seperate instances there were of just that zone, bit complex but one of our members manages a server farm. We capped out at three hundred.. there were over three hundred totally seperate versions of of the same zone all running at the same time. Doing the same for pvp land would not be impossible by any means. After all, burying the pvp zone would be a rather extreme way of fixing the lag 😎
    Edited by Integral1900 on January 5, 2019 11:39AM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come to think of it, if they add a PvE Imperial City, the Arcane University would be a great place for spellcrafting ... with a good rationale why it hasn't been accessible until now.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they end cyro pvp I'm 100% out the door
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the 3 banners war ended everyone came home and PvP fighting broke out across all of Tamriel. ;)
  • rewjack
    rewjack
    Soul Shriven
    A few months ago, Zenimax added a loadingscreen barrier around Bravil in Cyrodiil without ever saying why. Could this be in preperation for future dlc/chapter? I've also been told that it was to prevent people from carrying scrolls into the town, so this could just be a coincidence :confused:

Could you send me the link please? I'd like to see it also :)
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancy of some kind maybe? After all that is the speciality of the old Tharn man no?

Or yes spellcrafting indeed. Either way Khajiit does not see any mention of islands full of Khajiit in that letter. Too early for that perhaps though.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

All I heard was Necromancy and I am now excited.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    I got a mail saying: A package with FedEx is on the way to you, and it's from Zenimax, I guess it'll be something like that too..
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Callous2208
    Callous2208
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just hope whatever it is, it's tuned waaay down on the difficulty. According to another thread on the first page, overland questing content and mobs are already quite a challenge even for experienced, high cp players. :D
    Edited by Callous2208 on January 5, 2019 1:58PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is how I see it...

The tablet is a broken dragon. It represents a Dragon Break. Somewhere, somewhen Abnur Tharn wants The Vestige to go do something momentous with him that involves a Dragon Break. Like fixing the multiple parallel timelines caused by the 3 alliance questlines so that in future the game can progress along a single timeline. My guess is that Abnur Tharn wants to resolve the present multiple timelines, and all their possible outcomes, into the single most advantageous future timeline where the three banners war has ended and where he can make a start on rebuilding his beloved Empire (but it's obviously not going to be the time of peace that he's hoping for). The Elder Scrolls are likely to be involved.

When the idea of Chapters was introduced to the game Matt also mentioned that there would be "annals" as well. What I'm expecting as one of the outcomes of this update is a time portal into the next annal of ESO, which may be a few years forward in time from 2E 583. After that I expect all future content releases to be in the time period of that future annal. Where that time portal initially puts us on the map in the new annal is anyone's guess at this stage. I expect the time portal will allow player characters to move back and forth between old ESO and new ESO.

If new ESO, in the new annal, has no open-world PvP then I would be fine with that if it allowed the game to move forward in other ways. AvAvA always has been a bit of a ball and chain.

I don't see any link between that broken tablet and spell crafting, other than wishful thinking. The marks seem more suggestive of the background swirls on an Elder Scrolls to me. I don't think spell crafting is ever going to happen. Evidence suggests that it's just too much added complication for the combat system to handle, especially in PvP, which it is already at breaking point, if not beyond.
    PC EU
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is how I see it...

The tablet is a broken dragon. It represents a Dragon Break. Somewhere, somewhen Abnur Tharn wants The Vestige to go do something momentous with him that involves a Dragon Break. Like fixing the multiple parallel timelines caused by the 3 alliance questlines so that in future the game can progress along a single timeline. My guess is that Abnur Tharn wants to resolve the present multiple timelines, and all their possible outcomes, into the single most advantageous future timeline where the three banners war has ended and where he can make a start on rebuilding his beloved Empire (but it's obviously not going to be the time of peace that he's hoping for). The Elder Scrolls are likely to be involved.

When the idea of Chapters was introduced to the game Matt also mentioned that there would be "annals" as well. What I'm expecting as one of the outcomes of this update is a time portal into the next annal of ESO, which may be a few years forward in time from 2E 583. After that I expect all future content releases to be in the time period of that future annal. Where that time portal initially puts us on the map in the new annal is anyone's guess at this stage. I expect the time portal will allow player characters to move back and forth between old ESO and new ESO.

If new ESO, in the new annal, has no open-world PvP then I would be fine with that if it allowed the game to move forward in other ways. AvAvA always has been a bit of a ball and chain.

I don't see any link between that broken tablet and spell crafting, other than wishful thinking. The marks seem more suggestive of the background swirls on an Elder Scrolls to me. I don't think spell crafting is ever going to happen. Evidence suggests that it's just too much added complication for the combat system to handle, especially in PvP, which it is already at breaking point, if not beyond.

Possibly. Could also just allow for individual pieces of new content access through portals so they can get past the "everything has to fit within a few short years" limitation. I wouldn't mind traveling to ancient Yokuda, for example.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Faulgor wrote: »
    My friend said that could be a spell crafting tablet? But I need to do more research

Probably just a summoning circle thing. I assume the goat demon represents Molag Bal?

I would hope they are not leaning on MB again since he should still be licking his wounds. Considering we supposedly handed him a blistering defeat I think it would show a lack of creativity if they used him an a major antagonist this early on. I thought the IC appearance was not very creative.

Overall the post above is interesting.
    My thought for a long time was to bring him back, at first seemingly as the main villain again, but instead as a forced temporary ally. If the Court of Bedlam had lasted longer, that could have been an excuse to get his help.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oberstein wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    xaraan wrote: »
    My friend said that could be a spell crafting tablet? But I need to do more research

People just won't let that go, every update "Spellcrafting is coming."

But I have to admit that I thought the same thing when I saw it. Some were saying dragonbreak because it's a broken tablet with a dragon on it, but I just thought spellcraft tablet.

If you revisit the old 2014 Spellcrafting video https://youtu.be/3LkeMacg-b0 the similarities are very obvious. Starting at 54:00 or at 57:40 you can see that the symbols on the tablet from the Twitter pic and the QuakeCon video are very similar.

Not similar at all.

They are. It's just a different type of rune but if you can't see the similarity you blatantly ignore it.

In my other thread somebody already pointed out that the Twitter pic tablet looks identical to a thing that is already in the in game data files but not yet available. And it's pretty much a Spellcrafting related item.

Just look @ZunaRoath post (thanks for pointing that out!):

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/451528/speculation-chapter-iii-what-do-we-know-suspect-expect/p3
    ZunaRoath wrote: »
    Just a thing I just found. Nothing too official since it comes from the Essential Housing Tools addon. But in the addon, in the FX you can place at your home, there's one called "Sigil, Tablet", the symbol it places is exactly the same from the broken tablet on the Tweet. The symbols from this addon are grabbed directly from the game itself, so it is safe to say this one symbol was already in the game, I can't also find the textures of this symbol in the addon folder. This makes me think that this indeed will bring Spellcrafting.

HGJG1gu.jpg

vLj5gZN.jpg

Edited by Seraphayel on January 5, 2019 2:38PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come to think of it, if they add a PvE Imperial City, the Arcane University would be a great place for spellcrafting ... with a good rationale why it hasn't been accessible until now.

Their initial plan for a Spellcrafting hub was Eyevea (that place everybody has already forgotten) but the Arcane University sounds even better!
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    The 3 banner war will not end because Talos hasn't even been born yet...

Dragon Break. Anything is possible

That is one of the reasons I hope they don't use Dragon Break as a crutch. It's lazy and leads to bad stories and writong.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So TES gets it's Kelvin timeline now? Can we please call it the Wrobel timeline?
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • ralphylauren
    ralphylauren
    ✭✭✭
    On another note ZOS please stop with the favoritisms b.s. all subs should get this loot also 😢
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is one of the reasons I hope they don't use Dragon Break as a crutch. It's lazy and leads to bad stories and writong.

Maybe @lordrichter , that's a valid concern. But it could also open things up. Like, new quests where you enter fragmented timelines in which things are similar but not the same. Like the show Quantum Leap, where you repair time. Or more accurately maybe like Sliders. Fragments of time that are alternate realities, bubbles of potential that could possibly supplant or threaten the stability of the main timeline.

If done in a thoughtful and creative way, then perhaps Tharn, realizing a Dragonbreak has occurred with the Soul Burst, wants to put the pieces back together and maybe along the way revise things a little. That could see whole new zones, old zones with the stories totally reimagined, new trials and even new forms of instanced content, carte blanche to go anywhere:
    • Here is a world where Molag Bal won, so you help the resistance in the merged Tamriel that has been melded into Coldharbour (which includes many "monsters/enemies" like trolls, Maormer, former Worm King supporters, etc.) while searching for some piece of something, time energy, etc. that can repower the Amulet of Kings.
    • Here is a world where the Veiled Heritance defeated Queen Ayrenn as per the vision the new main sees while walking the path of the Dark Moon, and the results didn't exactly work out so great for the other alliances. Again, searching for another piece of something, or bit of time energy, or some arcane reading/scan, etc. to repower the AoK for some scheme of Tharn's.
    • Here is a world where the Akaviri weren't defeated and pushed on toward Cyrodiil, causing even more chaos and maybe even preventing or delaying Molag Bal's scheme for the Planemeld. Repeat the section on being part of a larger mission.
    • Etc.

It would also allow for a quasi-main story to go on that is not limited by linear time in a single timeline. You would go through portals to these other versions of Nirn, and maybe beyond Nirn, so the original world (what we have now) and it's current stuff is untouched.

Thus, if people enjoy the new content, great. If not, or if some don't like the story or lore twist, it was just a lost timeline.

edited: type-ohs
    Edited by tinythinker on January 5, 2019 4:46PM

• Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Their initial plan for a Spellcrafting hub was Eyevea (that place everybody has already forgotten) but the Arcane University sounds even better!

That's an interesting idea.

I've been pondering the whole idea of maybe finally getting Spellcrafting, but there's always been one big problem for it... Necromancy, which the players want and all of the major groups teaching magic frown on, if not outright ban. Be it the Psijics or Mage's Guild, you're going to get kicked out for dabbling too much into Necromancy around them.

When thinking of which group or NPC would introduce Spellcrafting, I never considered Abnur Tharn. He doesn't give two hoots what kind of magic anything is - power is power - and he specializes in Necromancy. He's the perfect guide to introduce all of it at once without any bias.

Should Spellcrafting instead be introduced to our players by another group like the Psijics or Mages Guild, it would have to start off sans-necromancy to stay lore friendly. In those cases, Necromancy would be best introduced via follow up DLC by a new group, much like how the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood DLCs were. Such a thing would be a ton of fun, but having Abnur introduce it would be a great way to bypass all that fuss.
    Edited by Ertosi on January 5, 2019 3:31PM
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all missed the mark,

Bethesda is sending out invitations to their cousin ZOS's community partners and representatives for the first round of beta testing on TES VI.

And you all missed out ;)

Edit: They are also now under NDA, so what ever they are saying to you is a lie :)
    Edited by Casdha on January 5, 2019 3:39PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• angelncelestine
    angelncelestine
    ✭✭✭✭
    On another note ZOS please stop with the favoritisms b.s. all subs should get this loot also 😢

Right! They could have at least sent us that sub a nylon version ;-)
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ertosi wrote: »

I've been pondering the whole idea of maybe finally getting Spellcrafting, but there's always been one big problem for it... Necromancy, which the players want and all of the major groups teaching magic frown on, if not outright ban. Be it the Psijics or Mage's Guild, you're going to get kicked out for dabbling too much into Necromancy around them.

When thinking of which group or NPC would introduce Spellcrafting, I never considered Abnur Tharn. He doesn't give two hoots what kind of magic anything is - power is power - and he specializes in Necromancy. He's the perfect guide to introduce all of it at once without any bias.

Should Spellcrafting instead be introduced to our players by another group like the Psijics or Mages Guild, it would have to start off sans-necromancy to stay lore friendly. In those cases, Necromancy would be best introduced via follow up DLC by a new group, much like how the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood DLCs were. Such a thing would be a ton of fun, but having Abnur introduce it would be a great way to bypass all that fuss.

I really like this!

Wouldn't Necromancy just be part of Conjuration like in Skyrim? I am not that deep into ES lore. Or was it frowned in ESO timeline and just accepted centuries later?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They would have to change the vanilla content to reflect the changes in Cyrodiil. It would also kind of require a change in the storyline of a lot of the alliance questlines. All of which I dont see them doing. Making an alternate timeline/reality where the war has ended would only make things even more confusing for new players what with the new chapter tutorials and trying to get to the vanilla zones main story.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Maybe @lordrichter , that's a valid concern. But it could also open things up. Like, new quests where you enter fragmented timelines in which things are similar but not the same. Like the show Quantum Leap, where you repair time. Or more accurately maybe like Sliders. Fragments of time that are alternate realities, bubbles of potential that could possibly supplant or threaten the stability of the main timeline.

If done in a thoughtful and creative way, then perhaps Tharn, realizing a Dragonbreak has occurred with the Soul Burst, wants to put the pieces back together and maybe along the way revise things a little. That could see whole new zones, old zones with the stories totally reimagined, new trials and even new forms of instanced content, carte blanche to go anywhere:
    • Here is a world where Molag Bal won, so you help the resistance in the merged Tamriel that has been melded into Coldharbour (which includes many "monsters/enemies" like trolls, Maormer, former Worm King supporters, etc.) while searching for some piece of something, time energy, etc. that can repower the Amulet of Kings.
    • Here is a world where the Veiled Heritance defeated Queen Ayrenn as per the vision the new main sees while walking the path of the Dark Moon, and the results didn't exactly work out so great for the other alliances. Again, searching for another piece of something, or bit of time energy, or some arcane reading/scan, etc. to repower the AoK for some scheme of Tharn's.
    • Here is a world where the Akaviri weren't defeated and pushed on toward Cyrodiil, causing even more chaos and maybe even preventing or delaying Molag Bal's scheme for the Planemeld. Repeat the section on being part of a larger mission.
    • Etc.

It would also allow for a quasi-main story to go on that is not limited by linear time in a single timeline. You would go through portals to these other versions of Nirn, and maybe beyond Nirn, so the original world (what we have now) and it's current stuff is untouched.

Thus, if people enjoy the new content, great. If not, or if some don't like the story or lore twist, it was just a lost timeline.

edited: type-ohs

I have jet to see a universe or franchise where this didn't lead to complete failure. (Those that are built around different timelines from the ground up excluded of course.)
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really like this!

Wouldn't Necromancy just be part of Conjuration like in Skyrim? I am not that deep into ES lore. Or was it frowned in ESO timeline and just accepted centuries later?

Conjuration included summoning ghosts, skeletons, and undead in Morrowind and Obilivion as well. Skyrim was just the first one to let us actually raise dead NPCs.

I assume ESO did not include it because the main and faction quests have a lot of necromancer enemies and because the limited class skills means that the devs chose to focus Sorcs as the lightning/conjured/daedra summoning aspects of destruction and conjuration.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe, but it could also open things up. Like, new quests where you enter fragmented timelines in which things are similar but not the same. Like the show Quantum Leap, where you repair time. Or more accurately maybe like Sliders. Fragments of time that are alternate realities, bubbles of potential that could possibly supplant or threaten the stability of the main timeline.

[...]

The Star Trek transporter. A convenient means to wrap things up when the story became inconvenient, but also the cure to just about any story line. It became a device that traveled between universes, cured illnesses, created a crisis and then repaired them, and generally was the answer to every problem in the Star Trek universe. The writers allowed it to be come the lazy option. Eventually, it became such a preferred solution that the transporter had to be the most fragile technology in the universe, so that it could be broken or not working. I am pretty sure I remember some Star Trek TV episodes where the broken transporter was the reason the episode filled the whole hour.

Dragon Breaks have the potential to be the same thing. They have already been used, but right now, they are rare and specialized. If they start to resolve things like the Three Banners War, then they become the answer to everything. A writer can always write some cagey story to justify them being used.

This is why I SMH at people who suggest that ESO happens during a Dragon Break. That is a pretty bad solution to their "issues" with ESO, but resolving the Three Banners War with one would be a joke. It would be a "jump the shark" moment in Elder Scrolls Lore. Of course, they could always fix it with another Dragon Break. :neutral:
    Edited by Elsonso on January 5, 2019 5:08PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • menschikov2
    menschikov2
    ✭✭✭
    I think all the People from the balancing Team would quit when they had to balance the huge number of Skills which would be possible with spellcrafting. Must be a Horror to try this when they have already more then enough to do with the normal skills which are already in the game :D:D:D
  • Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    Oberstein wrote: »
    xaraan wrote: »

People just won't let that go, every update "Spellcrafting is coming."

But I have to admit that I thought the same thing when I saw it. Some were saying dragonbreak because it's a broken tablet with a dragon on it, but I just thought spellcraft tablet.

If you revisit the old 2014 Spellcrafting video https://youtu.be/3LkeMacg-b0 the similarities are very obvious. Starting at 54:00 or at 57:40 you can see that the symbols on the tablet from the Twitter pic and the QuakeCon video are very similar.

Not similar at all.

They are. It's just a different type of rune but if you can't see the similarity you blatantly ignore it.

In my other thread somebody already pointed out that the Twitter pic tablet looks identical to a thing that is already in the in game data files but not yet available. And it's pretty much a Spellcrafting related item.

Just look @ZunaRoath post (thanks for pointing that out!):

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/451528/speculation-chapter-iii-what-do-we-know-suspect-expect/p3
    ZunaRoath wrote: »
    Just a thing I just found. Nothing too official since it comes from the Essential Housing Tools addon. But in the addon, in the FX you can place at your home, there's one called "Sigil, Tablet", the symbol it places is exactly the same from the broken tablet on the Tweet. The symbols from this addon are grabbed directly from the game itself, so it is safe to say this one symbol was already in the game, I can't also find the textures of this symbol in the addon folder. This makes me think that this indeed will bring Spellcrafting.

HGJG1gu.jpg

vLj5gZN.jpg

I don't think this symbols related to spellcrafting. Stop saying spellcrafting when you saw every symbol.
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think all the People from the balancing Team would quit when they had to balance the huge number of Skills which would be possible with spellcrafting. Must be a Horror to try this when they have already more then enough to do with the normal skills which are already in the game :D:D:D

You mean the one guy with a rotating door of ever changing interns? Yeah, he won't be missed.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe, but it could also open things up. Like, new quests where you enter fragmented timelines in which things are similar but not the same. Like the show Quantum Leap, where you repair time. Or more accurately maybe like Sliders. Fragments of time that are alternate realities, bubbles of potential that could possibly supplant or threaten the stability of the main timeline.

[...]

The Star Trek transporter. A convenient means to wrap things up when the story became inconvenient, but also the cure to just about any story line. It became a device that traveled between universes, cured illnesses, created a crisis and then repaired them, and generally was the answer to every problem in the Star Trek universe. The writers allowed it to be come the lazy option. Eventually, it became such a preferred solution that the transporter had to be the most fragile technology in the universe, so that it could be broken or not working. I am pretty sure I remember some Star Trek TV episodes where the broken transporter was the reason the episode filled the whole hour.

Dragon Breaks have the potential to be the same thing. They have already been used, but right now, they are rare and specialized. If they start to resolve things like the Three Banners War, then they become the answer to everything. A writer can always write some cagey story to justify them being used.

This is why I SMH at people who suggest that ESO happens during a Dragon Break. That is a pretty bad solution to their "issues" with ESO, but resolving the Three Banners War with one would be a joke. It would be a "jump the shark" moment in Elder Scrolls Lore. Of course, they could always fix it with another Dragon Break. :neutral:

Ummm, my take doesn't resolve the war, so...?????

Tharn may *want* to do so, but that can just be a plot device to start assisting him with his machinations. It doesn't actually have to work. The regular timeline and the war can continue while the former Vestige is off in other versions of Tamriel.

In any case, ZOS are the ones hinting at something involving a Dragon Break with the broken dragon tablet and a prior announcement about piecing things together. My own comment was on how that could lead to new avenues for creative content without messing up the base game.

• Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has anyone seen any of the other ESO streamers mentioning getting anything similar?

*checks mail*

indir.png