The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

3 Banners War Future Content Tease?

• MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zardayne wrote: »
    JaZ2091 wrote: »
    Stridig wrote: »
    Since they can't fix the lag, they will just put an end to Cyrodiil?

Yeah for real, might as well have the Imperials recapture it and turn it to a overland zone. Might as well focus on BGs for PvP.

If they did something ignorant like that, I'd be out.

How ever would Zo$ make it without you?
  • Synthwavius
    Synthwavius
    ✭✭✭✭
    This can only mean merging of ps4, xboner and pc end of crown crates, eso going f2p and bankrupt in 1 year

/jk
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sense a completely rework of IC, from before it was Destroyed... Remember the "hints" from the final psijic quest?

So, you think the Psijics (or someone) are going to use the Staff of Towers to poke Akatosh until he has a tantrum resulting in a dragon break that changes the fate of the Imperial City?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Thormar
    Thormar
    ✭✭✭✭
    JadonSky wrote: »
    Yeah I love open world PVP in eso. Yes it has its performance issues that need to be resolved. Maybe what they could do is still have the PVP version and then have a PVE version you can travel to through the main maps. I guess this is where the Dragonbreak everyone is discussing could come in place. The PVP zone would be the dragonbreak (stuck in its own timeloop) then the PVE zone opens up for the new story line.

I would be cool with that
    It pretty much feels like this is what they are going for.
    Putting in place the lore to facilitate a PvE only Cyrodiil Chapter/DLC(s).
    As some have said, given Cyro's size, they might carve it up into several small DLCs.
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Fully ending the Three Banners War makes half the quests in the original 16 zones REALLY wonky story-wise (worse than they are now).
    Notice how you home alliance quests make Cadwells zones improbable, yet they found a way to work around that.
    So in addition to the Dragonbreak device, they'll likely find ways to square PVE Cyro with the contradictions
    in the original zones.
    What if I go north? Disappear.
    Would you come after me?
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sense a completely rework of IC, from before it was Destroyed... Remember the "hints" from the final psijic quest?

So, you think the Psijics (or someone) are going to use the Staff of Towers to poke Akatosh until he has a tantrum resulting in a dragon break that changes the fate of the Imperial City?

Yes.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just got a frightening thought.

The next chapter of PVP: Battle Royale

"A Fortnite of the Scrolls" :s
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't imagine them taking pvp out of cyrodiil after just updating the map. If they do then I'd be done with eso.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's gonna be a dungeon DLC. Or maybe Cloudruler Temple is a new 12 man trial.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't trust Abnur Tharn as far as I could throw a real man his size and weight.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In no way are they removing open PvP Cyrodiil. It's like the only outstanding feature of ESO.

Dragon Break sounds reasonable and it really does look like that but it looks like a Spellcrafting tablet we're going to restore as well. Maybe it's both and somehow intertwined?
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 4, 2019 10:54PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe the next chapter is a PVE Cyro? and maybe there is a dragon break so would explain why there would be two different areas for Cryo? maybe.... :)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each chapter has brought TWO new features to the game. Orc Land (which was in all essence a chapter) brought a single player trial and over world scaling. At the time, I believe this was the only zone that offered that. Of course, a year later the whole world became scaled but at the time of release, that was a major feature with Orc Land.

Morrowind brought BGs and the Warden Class.

Summerset brought a new skill line and jewlry crafting.

Whatever the next chapter is will almost certian introduce two new features, one of which we are all almost positive will be spellcrafting. The other? Who knows at this point. However I am rolling my eyes at the idea that a game developer that cut his teeth in RvRvR combat would cut that portion of the game from "his" game.

That's not happening, sorry kidos.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Tharn will take us to Cloud Ruler Temple, leading to the opening of the first PvP 3-Team Trial...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/277732/cloud-ruler-temple-as-a-pvp-trial-or-as-a-pvp-battleground
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really hope this means a Dragonbreak will happen. ESOs storyline is extremely limited by the fact that we know what happens in the future of this timeline.

| PC / EU |
    | Aspen Greystag, Khajiit Warden, Frosty boi |
    | Healer, Tank, Damage dealer |
    | CP: 1800 |
    | Guilds: Officer at Meridia's Light |
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Tharn will take us to Cloud Ruler Temple, leading to the opening of the first PvP 3-Team Trial...

Cloud Ruler Temple would be spectacular, but if they do that then they need to remember to add Storm Talon Temple somewhere in High Rock.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cloud Ruler Temple would be spectacular, but if they do that then they need to remember to add Storm Talon Temple somewhere in High Rock.

For a while now I've of kind of envisioned a series of 3-team PvP Trials in different spots in Tamriel and beyond, but, well, I'm the only one who does and I don't work at ZOS :tongue:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When i first saw this, my jaw literally dropped. Sweet swirling onion rings! This is gona be good! We need/want this! I swear if this turns out to be some kind of sick joke like blizzard announcing the next diablo game on mobile im gona be pissed.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

Makes sense. I have been wondering whether the Staff was a "loose end" or something that was going to be forgotten by time in some dark closet on Artaeum.
  • KarineaStar
    KarineaStar
    Soul Shriven
    Hmm.. we did just put together the Staff of Towers in the Psijic Skill Line, and good old Abnur has the Amulet of Kings, not to mention that amazing Ayleid portal network we saw in Murkmire. There have been theories for a while now that we have been in a form of a Dragon Break since the Soulburst since it broke the covenant with Akatosh others have said the Planemeld did it. Either way interesting teaser.
    Edited by KarineaStar on January 4, 2019 11:57PM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greystag wrote: »
    I really hope this means a Dragonbreak will happen. ESOs storyline is extremely limited by the fact that we know what happens in the future of this timeline.

Yeah, I mean, a *dragon* tablet *broken* in half...

If they do a major revision of the game, it would be carte blanche with a Dragon Break. Then again, some say the Soul Burst is a Dragon Break.

They could basically redesign any part (or every last bit) of the game and it would be covered by that blank check.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.. we did just put together the Staff of Towers in the Psijic, and good old Abnur has the Amulet of Kings, not to mention that amazing Ayleid portal network we saw in Murkmire. There have been theories for a while now that we have been in a form of a Dragon Break since the Soulburst since it broke the covenant with Akatosh others have said the Planemeld did it. Either way interesting teaser.

Still, if this is a "Chapter thing" it pretty much closes the door on Elsweyr, I think. At least for this year. Pretty much closes the door on any specific zone. Makes me think we are going off-Tamriel for a spell. Perhaps literally.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now for the puns...

Maybe they've been working on massive overhaul to fix things that were dragon down the game and this is how they break it to us?

It will be a heart-break for eager fans as I bet ZOS will be dragon this out for a good while.

We will be on the edge of our seats waiting for breaking news, but we wanna know now drag-on it!

Give us a break, waiting to put together the pieces is such a drag on our enthusiasm.

C'mon now... break it down! Heeeeeeee hee... draaaag-on... woooooo! (obscure pop culture reference)

(No, not sorry. You chose to keep reading.)

• Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmm ...could a dragonbreak happening also be a decision related to TES VI? Maybe to erase some ESO lore, or just to link the games.
  • Thormar
    Thormar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I swear if this turns out to be some kind of sick joke like blizzard announcing the next diablo game on mobile im gona be pissed.
    Don't you have a phone?

What if I go north? Disappear.
    Would you come after me?
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well if we take this as a follow-up to the base game and the various things the Vestige has done since foiling the Planemeld, it's an interesting move to revisit the alliance conflict and have our old frenemy Tharn show back up to make some more mischief. (I guess he got tired of hanging out in the Daggerfall Mages Guild.) I've been hoping that at some point we'd have some kind of continuation of that whole plot, especially given the little hints Molag Bal throws out at dolmens that he may not be quite done with the Vestige yet and the fact that Meridia sends us off to experience the other alliances to prepare us for greater things to come. Of course, there's no immediate indication that this has anything to do with Molag Bal, but it does bring us back around to the main conflict of the base game and of course one of the major players in the Planemeld storyline. So as someone who has done all of that and has a history with Tharn and the three alliances, I'm looking forward to seeing how events progress from there.

Now given the fact that ZOS wants people to be able to play whatever they want whenever they want, and in fact goes out of their way to push new players into the most recent chapter whether it makes sense or not continuity-wise, they'll obviously have to structure it so that this chunk of story can technically work even if it's done before the main quest. Which probably means variant dialogue for people who have or haven't done the main quest and alliance storylines yet, but it also means they can't really put a definitive end to the war, unless they come up with some kind of time travel folderol in play for when people then go to do the base game content. Or they just YOLO dragon break it and nothing really matters. :D
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • StrangeForce001
    Hmm.. we did just put together the Staff of Towers in the Psijic Skill Line, and good old Abnur has the Amulet of Kings, not to mention that amazing Ayleid portal network we saw in Murkmire. There have been theories for a while now that we have been in a form of a Dragon Break since the Soulburst since it broke the covenant with Akatosh others have said the Planemeld did it. Either way interesting teaser.

Hmm.. in the psijic storyline wasn’t there a real danger of the the Dragon Break occurring regarding the Staff of Towers? Could this be the artifact Abnur Tharn wants to alter the timeline where the Three Banners War never happened or ended peacefullly risking a Dragon Break?

With Cyrodiil performance having problems, this plot line may allow ZOS to restructure PVP in a similar way to One Tamriel.
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen any of the other ESO streamers mentioning getting anything similar?
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • grizzledcroc
    grizzledcroc
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like if anything they can keep pvp as a instance. Its so dumb people think it actually would go away. If anything this is just progression to the main story which is a welcome thing.They did say they had something special planned for us so lets just wait and see not be unrealistic with theories.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ertosi wrote: »
    There's another possibility, one that Abnur Tharn is just hoping to end the 3 Banner's War by adding a new element to it. So we have 2 big possibilities to what this means:

1. This is truly a teaser that a big event is coming that will end the 3 Banner War. This means there will be a huge PVP event where it will be decided which faction won, once and for all. This will also mean all of the PVP lag we've been facing will be taken to new heights of horridness as even more people flock to Cyrodiil to try to participate in this event.

2. Abnur Tharn has discovered something he thinks might turn the tide for a faction, but in reality, it just means a new game mechanic is being added but besides the new mechanic, it'll just continue being the normal "business as usual" in Cyrodiil. Given Abnur is a very renown spellcaster, and given the appearance of that broken magical tablet in the OP's picture, what could that mean...
    Spellcrafting… Spellcrafting… Spellcrafting!

if we are going to speculate lore, i would say it will deal greatly with the imperials. Abnur tharn is an imperial afterall, and he has made it very clear he is a loyal subject to the empire. He wants to make the empire great again. Anything he does will be just a step towards or a means to restoring the Empire. Keep in mind lore-wise, the events of ESO are about 100years before Tiber Septim(Talos). Its safe to assume the Imperials will not be down for long, if they are going to stay true to lore, they will eventually have to end the three banners war and have the Imperials rise up again via a dlc or chapter and then create another pvp zone/area. As far as which faction wins the war, as i saw in another comment where they just have a huge pvp event and the players ultimately decide which faction wins could be possible, but i dont see ZOS doing that. Keep in mind between all three factions only the Aldmeri Dominion is still in existance up into the current events of TES5:Skyrim. I do not say this because i am biased and typically play mostly AD, but because its true. I didnt realize it until i saw this little fact revealed to me via a youtube channel, i think it was fudgemuppet, or Imperial knowledge. Either way i am excited to see what happens with ESO. It is by far one of the best games ever made and still has infinite potential.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also to everyone complaining about cyrodill lag and lack of fixes, maybe this new chapter might be a way to do away with cyrodil and create a whole new pvp zone