The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

3 Banners War Future Content Tease?

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    An interesting, and possibly unrelated, bit of thinking related to the upcoming PVP event. Perhaps they are running Midyear Mayhem now because they know they will not be doing one over the summer. Maybe the upcoming Chapter is a PVP chapter.

.... :'(

Honestly, I don't see them doing a PVP Chapter, but the thought can be extended to a PVP DLC, as well.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    molecule wrote: »
    My friend said that could be a spell crafting tablet? But I need to do more research

Graphics quality is too high for an in-game item.

That image is a standalone render

EDIT - Sorry read that as 'Spell crafting table ' ignore my comments :)

It's not a render, it's an actual physical object.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Maybe this is why we're getting mid year mayhen in january because there wont be any mayhen in june.

I don't think they would remove open world pvp or I least I hope not.... :'( . Sure the performance sucks but I still love the aspect of it.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancy of some kind maybe? After all that is the speciality of the old Tharn man no?

Or yes spellcrafting indeed. Either way Khajiit does not see any mention of islands full of Khajiit in that letter. Too early for that perhaps though.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmmmmmm.....

PVE version (expanded) of Imperial City?

Complete revamp of PvP?
  • nTranced
    nTranced
    ✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    That tablet looks like a dragon that broke... Dragonbreak...

I suppose it could be a dragon, although that didn't enter my mind at first - the horns seemed much longer than usual for TES dragons.

That could mean that Tharn plans a Dragonbreak to end the TBW, but how? A Dragonbreak just means that time doesn't move linearly any more and different competing events can occur and be true at the same time. Possibly every faction will win the war during the Dragonbreak ...?

There have been many requests on this forum to split PVE/PVP because of balancing issues. A Dragonbreak would be one way to achieve that.

In one timeline the Three Banners War not only continues in Cyrodiil/Imperial City but expands to all the provinces of Tamriel making all zones PVP. In the other timeline Abnur Tharn manages to end the Three Banners War and Cyrodiil/Imperial City become PVE zones.

ZOS could then tune gear/skills to each play style in effect creating two concurrent games; a PVP game across all of Tamriel and a PVE game (save dueling/battlegrounds) in the other timeline. Stories, quests, dungeons, trials, lore would be tuned to the Three Banners War expanding beyond Cyrodiil/Imperial City or it being resolved.

Edited by nTranced on January 5, 2019 8:30PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spoiler for Main Quest
    Whatever Abnur Tharn wants, we're going to have to have a talk about that Amulet of Kings he walked off with, first.

@VaranisArano

Remember, though:
    The Amulet of Kings is rendered useless for quite some time since most of the energy was spent out of it.
    Its the principle of the thing. Once bitten, twice shy. If he wants the help of my Vestige, there's going to be a conversation about his behavior (even though he'll probably blow it off because he's an entitled jerk.)

But hey, at least we get more hilarious Tharn quotes.

"I enjoy the company of clever, well informed people. You really should try it some time."

"Your disguise is terrible, by the way. You look like a character from a bad adventure novel."

"It's only a trap if you don't know about it. I assume everything's a trap. Therefore, it's a challenge."
    Tharn is an magnificent ***. Lyris is an DD who would be kicked from any normal dungeon unless group just carry her, no she does not tank you.
    Tharn is one of the people you can admire but also will execute at the end, Rommel during WW2 is an good example.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if that also means that Alfred Molina will reprise his voice acting role ...

Apparently they couldn't get Kate Beckinsale for Summerset, but this seems promising.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancy of some kind maybe? After all that is the speciality of the old Tharn man no?

Or yes spellcrafting indeed. Either way Khajiit does not see any mention of islands full of Khajiit in that letter. Too early for that perhaps though.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

<3
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    I wonder if that also means that Alfred Molina will reprise his voice acting role ...

Apparently they couldn't get Kate Beckinsale for Summerset, but this seems promising.

Oh I didn’t think about that? Would ZoS shell out his fee for a regular dlc? Makes more sense for a chapter just based on this
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »
    molecule wrote: »
    My friend said that could be a spell crafting tablet? But I need to do more research

Graphics quality is too high for an in-game item.

That image is a standalone render

EDIT - Sorry read that as 'Spell crafting table ' ignore my comments :)

It's not a render, it's an actual physical object.

Yeah. ZOS has sent out some physical swag for each chapter. For Morrowind, it was a Vivec Coin, Summerset it was an Ayrenn coin. This is new, though. And snazzy.

They've also been made available at various conventions. So, if you met up with the team at PAX, they were handing out coins there.
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like the war to finish, maybe this is a way of letting Cyrodiil be a PVE zone, but at the same time I'd feel bad for all the players that enjoy open world PVP (I even do sometimes) Maybe there's a way of having both? Or without "factions"?
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll probably still be Cyrodill PVP my hope is they will finally get rid of the garbage 3 way war and make it 1 alliance vs 1 alliance maybe it will be a way to fix PvP? or guild v guild type of PvP would be cool who knows maybe people will get a PVE Cyrodill

On to the letter Abnur Tharn and family live and rule in Nibenay so possibly a Nibenay Valley DLC coming up I'm a big fan of the Imperials so to see more Cyrodillic culture is great can't wait to see more.

Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like the war to finish, maybe this is a way of letting Cyrodiil be a PVE zone, but at the same time I'd feel bad for all the players that enjoy open world PVP (I even do sometimes) Maybe there's a way of having both? Or without "factions"?

Yeah I love open world PVP in eso. Yes it has its performance issues that need to be resolved. Maybe what they could do is still have the PVP version and then have a PVE version you can travel to through the main maps. I guess this is where the Dragonbreak everyone is discussing could come in place. The PVP zone would be the dragonbreak (stuck in its own timeloop) then the PVE zone opens up for the new story line.

I would be cool with that
    Edited by JadonSky on January 4, 2019 8:13PM
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A pvp chapter?
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about no?
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they offer the same open world pvp experience im in.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JadonSky wrote: »

Yeah I love open world PVP in eso. Yes it has its performance issues that need to be resolved. Maybe what they could do is still have the PVP version and then have a PVE version you can travel to through the main maps. I guess this is where the Dragonbreak everyone is discussing could come in place. The PVP zone would be the dragonbreak (stuck in its own timeloop) then the PVE zone opens up for the new story line.

I would be cool with that

I don't really see how they could turn Cyrodiil into an interesting PvE map. It was evidently designed for huge PvP battles with large, barren, open spaces. Outside some interesting delves, there is very little to explore, and compared to recent DLC zones it is visually downright atrocious.
    So if they make an alternate PvE Heartland, they basically have to redo the whole map. Which I'd totally dig, but don't see happening.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Three Banners War won't end. They may add something new to it or simple a story with Abnur and/or Amulet of Kings.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akrasjel wrote: »
    The Three Banners War won't end. They may add something new to it or simple a story with Abnur and/or Amulet of Kings.

The wars gotta end sooner or later. I prefer sooner.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knew this was going to happen. Matt said ages ago that ZOS regret doing the three banners war
  • Seenoevil
    Seenoevil
    ✭✭✭
    That's a broken spell book tharn is going to fix with the remaining power of the amulet.

Tharn will fix the bridges to imperial city with an over dramatic spell, but to his dismay he weakens all of tamriel removing cp from the game. Daedra are going to take control of the castles in cyrodil from the weakened alliances. The book will be shattered once Tharn f***s all of tamriel up spreading the pages over tamriel introducing spell crafting into eso.

Turns cyrodil into a huge pve war, alliances must constantly fight back against hordes of daedric forces to stop the spread of the mass invasion.

End the war by uniting the 3 alliances against 1 common enemy. Would make the destructible bridges etc in cyrodil really relevant.

Battlegrounds will receive a 6v6v6 mode with larger maps, more maps and more game modes, Bgs are the future of pvp in eso and with no cyrodil that leaves an entire pvp division of Zos with 100% attention on bg's.(Could even set the scene for competitive eso)

Probably what the racial passive changes are going to be for, introducing racial "only active in Battlegrounds" traits, having a crack at pvp balancing not through skills and gear set choices but by race choice. Gives Zos a completely new playing field for balancing pve and pvp seperately.

My 2 cents
  • BladedMischief
    BladedMischief
    ✭✭✭
    Just gonna throw my comment in here after reading a few of the previous ones.
    Completely ending PvP in Cyrodiil would be a bad move. It would push away a lot of players, no matter how buggy it is at times. It’s still full in there. There’s still huge battles. I know some players that only do Cyrodiil now.
    I’d be quite disappointed if the war did get removed or if it did “end”
    One of the most fun parts of the game imo.
    ~We're a community of adventurers. No matter which banner we fight under~
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone on Reddit said the broken dragon tablet could represent a dragon break. That makes perfect sense and pretty much confirms a PvE Cyrodiil chapter. A dragon break would allow for a PvE and PvP instance to exist simultaneously.

I was sure they were going with Skyrim this year, but it seems they're going to milk the Oblivion nostalgia first.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 4, 2019 8:54PM
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone explain to me what a dragon break is?
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seenoevil wrote: »
    Battlegrounds will receive a 6v6v6 mode with larger maps, more maps and more game modes, Bgs are the future of pvp in eso and with no cyrodil that leaves an entire pvp division of Zos with 100% attention on bg's.(Could even set the scene for competitive eso)

Many people just play ESO because of Cyrodiil. They can't just "close it" without offering a similar open world experience.

@Keylun:
    A Dragon Break is a phenomenon where linear time is broken, and becomes non-linear. The "Dragon" refers to Akatosh, the Dragon God of Time. A Dragon Break not only precedes significant changes in Tamriel, but challenges mortal comprehension. It is a re-alignment of time and space in response to an event which makes the normal continuity of reality impossible. The chaos which ensues is a refrain of the chaos of the Dawn Era. The area that is noticeably affected, and length of the interval measured in the areas not apparently affected, varies with each Dragon Break. Historically, the cause is often attributed to mortals manipulating divine matters.
    Edited by Loves_guars on January 4, 2019 8:54PM
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely ending PvP in Cyrodiil would be a bad move. It would push away a lot of players, no matter how buggy it is at times. It’s still full in there. There’s still huge battles. I know some players that only do Cyrodiil now.

I’d be so disappointed if they end the banners war. But I’m guessing they’d have to release it as ESO 2 since all the trailers and propaganda shows the Alliance War
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love Cyrodiil, in fact it is my favorite thing about this game (not Vivec performance though). Hope they don't remove it!
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keylun wrote: »

I’d be so disappointed if they end the banners war. But I’m guessing they’d have to release it as ESO 2 since all the trailers and propaganda shows the Alliance War

The alliance war hasn’t been a focus since One Tam when they did away with anything that made alliances relevant beyond the color over your head in Cyro.
  • menathradiel
    menathradiel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keylun wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me what a dragon break is?

It's basically an event that allows for multiple versions of the same events to occur simultaneously, sort of like parallel universes.
    Tank Girl