The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

3 Banners War Future Content Tease?

• Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    A Dragon Break is a phenomenon where linear time is broken, and becomes non-linear. The "Dragon" refers to Akatosh, the Dragon God of Time. A Dragon Break not only precedes significant changes in Tamriel, but challenges mortal comprehension. It is a re-alignment of time and space in response to an event which makes the normal continuity of reality impossible. The chaos which ensues is a refrain of the chaos of the Dawn Era. The area that is noticeably affected, and length of the interval measured in the areas not apparently affected, varies with each Dragon Break. Historically, the cause is often attributed to mortals manipulating divine matters.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keylun wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me what a dragon break is?

It's a plot device invented by Bethesda to allow for nonsensical things to exist in their games without having to retcon them.

It's basically just an "alternate reality".
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they end the war, what happens to all the quests in every vanilla zone pertaining to the war? What happen to the parley on Stirk? ZOS isn’t going to go rewrite old stories to make newer ones relevant.
    Edited by Anrose on January 4, 2019 9:00PM
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a plot device invented by Bethesda to allow for nonsensical things to exist in their games without having to retcon them.

As someone that read DC comics in the past, I'm so used to it, I even welcome it. Sometimes lore can be too restrictive.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ertosi wrote: »
    There's another possibility, one that Abnur Tharn is just hoping to end the 3 Banner's War by adding a new element to it. So we have 2 big possibilities to what this means:

1. This is truly a teaser that a big event is coming that will end the 3 Banner War. This means there will be a huge PVP event where it will be decided which faction won, once and for all. This will also mean all of the PVP lag we've been facing will be taken to new heights of horridness as even more people flock to Cyrodiil to try to participate in this event.

2. Abnur Tharn has discovered something he thinks might turn the tide for a faction, but in reality, it just means a new game mechanic is being added but besides the new mechanic, it'll just continue being the normal "business as usual" in Cyrodiil. Given Abnur is a very renown spellcaster, and given the appearance of that broken magical tablet in the OP's picture, what could that mean...
    Spellcrafting… Spellcrafting… Spellcrafting!

or it could also mean that a new threat is rising, prob another set of daedric princes but this time they plan something around the Alliances or smth like dat :thinking:
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    I wonder if that also means that Alfred Molina will reprise his voice acting role ...

Apparently they couldn't get Kate Beckinsale for Summerset, but this seems promising.

Ah man I hope we get Abnur voiced by Alfred Molina again. He was amazing as the character.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that much of the original pve zones / quest lines is based on the Three Banners War as well. They'd have a lot of rewriting (or explaining) to do if they end that war...
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please, call those "nonsensical things," by their proper name: Players.

Though, seriously, the entire Dragon Break structure basically exists to retain some kind of coherent narrative in a universe where players can run rampant.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abnur Tharn. Ending the war, or trying to. Colovia expansion with focus (storywise) on retaking the IC? Will this bring a different PvE version of the IC island, separated from the AvA queuing/riding/ganking mess?

Too many possibilities to think about for now.

What if this year's 'expansion' is a complete rework of Cyrodiil itself?
    Edited by Shawn_PT on January 4, 2019 9:35PM
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha knew!

kogYays.jpg
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vrienda wrote: »
    My first thought was that the stone looked like the Dragonstone from bleakfalls barrow in Skyrim. But it looks nothing like that after googling.

I hope they don't do a Dragonbreak. I've always thought of them as the weakest, laziest part of Elder Scrolls Lore.

The events that take place in Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim are all Dragonbreaks.

I would even say that, technically, ESO is during a Dragonbreak. Perhaps Tharn is just coming up with ways to alter the Dragonbreak.

I agree, we are either in a Dragon Break, or right before one. That would explain why the Vestige and the Three Banners War are completely forgotten later.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other logical possibilities include adding or subtracting banners. My guess is they just add a PvP server that is open world/group rather than faction vs faction.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to end the war doesn't mean he will achieve it. Maybe the whole story evolves around Tharn being his usual mad self trying to cause a dragon break so he can claim the Throne and it's up to us to stop him because in the beggining he decieved us into thinking he had a noble cause.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to end the war doesn't mean he will achieve it. Maybe the whole story evolves around Tharn being his usual mad self trying to cause a dragon break so he can claim the Throne and it's up to us to stop him because in the beggining he decieved us into thinking he had a noble cause.

I'm kind of in this camp at the moment, but with some changes in Cyrodiil (albeit small, new outposts, bridges, gates) and looming racial passive changes (whatever they might be), I'm still hopeful that seeing the Alliance War even mentioned as being relevant in the next chapter is a sign of something significant regarding PvP.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Likely this.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Someone on Reddit said the broken dragon tablet could represent a dragon break. That makes perfect sense and pretty much confirms a PvE Cyrodiil chapter. A dragon break would allow for a PvE and PvP instance to exist simultaneously.

I was sure they were going with Skyrim this year, but it seems they're going to milk the Oblivion nostalgia first.

This is where I'm at without official word yet. An "open/portal" Dragon Break (not sure exactly how they work) that has both a PVP Cyrodill as we currently have and a new peaceful PVE Cyrodiil bringing ES:IV Oblivion into ESO for it's 5th anniversary. Fully ending the Three Banners War makes half the quests in the original 16 zones REALLY wonky story-wise (worse than they are now).

Edited by Dominoid on January 4, 2019 9:57PM
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They Dev's are reading this thread and laughing out loud I'm sure ...or are they... hmm :D
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Someone on Reddit said the broken dragon tablet could represent a dragon break. That makes perfect sense and pretty much confirms a PvE Cyrodiil chapter. A dragon break would allow for a PvE and PvP instance to exist simultaneously.

I was sure they were going with Skyrim this year, but it seems they're going to milk the Oblivion nostalgia first.

This is where I'm at without official word yet. An "open" Dragon Break (not sure exactly how they work) that has both a PVP Cyrodill as we currently have and a new peaceful PVE Cyrodiil bringing ES:IV Oblivion into ESO for it's 5th anniversary.

I suppose if they wanted to end of the open world PVP in the game, this would be one way to start that. I can't see them keeping a PVE Cyrodiil as a single zone, though. I would expect it to be at least three zones, with loading screens. One for each former alliance.

I don't think a dragon break is necessary, though. Seems like overkill. I believe that Cyrodiil and the Three Banners War is so far outside of the main stream that they really don't need to explain it. Just end the war, but let players still zerg in Campaigns until they get bored and leave for lack of attention. That seems to be working pretty well, without a dragon break.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s Tharn doing here.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I called it; IC will be revamped to be the new Cyro with smaller pops.

Normal cyro will be entirely PVE with IC and BGs being the only major PVP modes ;)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As Rich Lambert said, they're gonna enjoy watching us put all the pieces together!
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PEACE in Tamriel from the evil and self-absorbed Abnur?!!
    Trickery!

There shall be no peace, only DC dominance!

*Kidnapps Abnur, steals his evil plans*

For the Covenant!
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    As Rich Lambert said, they're gonna enjoy watching us put all the pieces together!

Yup, and they are going to enjoy watching it. :naughty:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, as long as the covenant ends up winning, doesn't really matter :p

As someone that read DC comics in the past, I'm so used to it, I even welcome it. Sometimes lore can be too restrictive.

have you ever read any of the "Elseworlds" stories?

I love superman as a bad guy...I mean he is an alien after all...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 4, 2019 10:03PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seenoevil wrote: »
    That's a broken spell book tharn is going to fix with the remaining power of the amulet.

Tharn will fix the bridges to imperial city with an over dramatic spell, but to his dismay he weakens all of tamriel removing cp from the game. Daedra are going to take control of the castles in cyrodil from the weakened alliances. The book will be shattered once Tharn f***s all of tamriel up spreading the pages over tamriel introducing spell crafting into eso.

Turns cyrodil into a huge pve war, alliances must constantly fight back against hordes of daedric forces to stop the spread of the mass invasion.

End the war by uniting the 3 alliances against 1 common enemy. Would make the destructible bridges etc in cyrodil really relevant.

Battlegrounds will receive a 6v6v6 mode with larger maps, more maps and more game modes, Bgs are the future of pvp in eso and with no cyrodil that leaves an entire pvp division of Zos with 100% attention on bg's.(Could even set the scene for competitive eso)

Probably what the racial passive changes are going to be for, introducing racial "only active in Battlegrounds" traits, having a crack at pvp balancing not through skills and gear set choices but by race choice. Gives Zos a completely new playing field for balancing pve and pvp seperately.

My 2 cents
    tenor.gif?itemid=5187365
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abnur was the overlord of Nibenay, and there are still more Nibenese places that could open up, like Bravil or Leyawiin.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few months ago, Zenimax added a loadingscreen barrier around Bravil in Cyrodiil without ever saying why. Could this be in preperation for future dlc/chapter? I've also been told that it was to prevent people from carrying scrolls into the town, so this could just be a coincidence :confused:
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooooh, well color me interested. I hope it has nothing to do with PvP though.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sense a completely rework of IC, from before it was Destroyed... Remember the "hints" from the final psijic quest?
    Edited by Karmanorway on January 4, 2019 10:15PM
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JaZ2091 wrote: »
    Stridig wrote: »
    Since they can't fix the lag, they will just put an end to Cyrodiil?

Yeah for real, might as well have the Imperials recapture it and turn it to a overland zone. Might as well focus on BGs for PvP.

If they did something ignorant like that, I'd be out.