The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Templars far too strong

• Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need the 4k damage 30k resists build I keep hearing about :lol::lol:

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it’s possible but you’d probably be running only 32k magicka or worse. Never mind regen.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭

I think it exists sort of. I don't run it anymore because it isn't that reliable. Something like Clever Alchemist/War Maiden/either Molag Kena or Slimecraw. All spell damage jewelry and spell damage enchant on staff. Structured Entropy on both bars for major sorcery. Purifying Light for minor sorcery. Health/Magicka blue text food. Clever Alchemist and monster sets in heavy. Inevitable Detonation and Shatter Soul for damage. It's only good for ranged bombing. With the changes to how projectiles and dodging works you aren't likely to hit anything with Dark Flare even though it hits super hard. You blow through your magicka pool very quickly. You might get 7-8 Inevitable Detonation (before you are OOM with a pot) off and each hits as hard as an ult.

The resists come from heavy armor and Rune Focus. I have no clue why rune focus was changed. When I first saw it I said in zone chat the Templar class representative must be really smart if he got away with that.

That build isn't that great because of lag on cast times and war maiden does nothing to make your heals hit harder. If you try it with spell strategist you will have a hard time hitting your intended target with cast time skills and that set doesn't help your heals either.

Also different skills scale different with spell power. I'm pretty sure Dark Flare increases quicker than Snipe(with weapon power). I don't know how quick Puncturing Strikes scales. If you pop a major expedition/immovable pot and go at someone with sweep you might wreck them I haven't tried it. I doubt it works. A normal build that applies a dot or two first probably works better.

Also I'm pretty sure Inevitable Detonation had a 2.5 second cast time at one point and people complained it was useless because Proximity Detonation so its cast time was reduced. If you get a chain cast off it's like a mobile siege platform. After the first cast I think all following casts are 1 second.
    Edited by Ruckly on December 24, 2018 9:53PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruckly wrote: »

I think it exists sort of. I don't run it anymore because it isn't that reliable. Something like Clever Alchemist/War Maiden/either Molag Kena or Slimecraw. All spell damage jewelry and spell damage enchant on staff. Structured Entropy on both bars for major sorcery. Purifying Light for minor sorcery. Health/Magicka blue text food. Clever Alchemist and monster sets in heavy. Inevitable Detonation and Shatter Soul for damage. It's only good for ranged bombing. With the changes to how projectiles and dodging works you aren't likely to hit anything with Dark Flare even though it hits super hard. You blow through your magicka pool very quickly. You might get 7-8 Inevitable Detonation (before you are OOM with a pot) off and each hits as hard as an ult.

The resists come from heavy armor and Rune Focus. I have no clue why rune focus was changed. When I first saw it I said in zone chat the Templar class representative must be really smart if he got away with that.

That build isn't that great because of lag on cast times and war maiden does nothing to make your heals hit harder. If you try it with spell strategist you will have a hard time hitting your intended target with cast time skills and that set doesn't help your heals either.

Also different skills scale different with spell power. I'm pretty sure Dark Flare increases quicker than Snipe(with weapon power). I don't know how quick Puncturing Strikes scales. If you pop a major expedition/immovable pot and go at someone with sweep you might wreck them I haven't tried it. I doubt it works. A normal build that applies a dot or two first probably works better.

Also I'm pretty sure Inevitable Detonation had a 2.5 second cast time at one point and people complained it was useless because Proximity Detonation so its cast time was reduced. If you get a chain cast off it's like a mobile siege platform. After the first cast I think all following casts are 1 second.

So you have to dbl bar entropy these days? I quit using it a long time ago and went to potions and that certainly would happen now had I not already
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

So you have to dbl bar entropy these days? I quit using it a long time ago and went to potions and that certainly would happen now had I not already

You do it for the 8% health buff. You don't need a lot of skills on your bar if you are playing a ranged bomber since everything that doesn't use your spell power is a waste of magicka. The two above skills and maybe fire rune for the stacked damage and stun are your skill bar(front bar. Back bar is still healing). Dark Flare used to work and was maybe the hardest hitting single target non-ult skill but you won't hit anything with it anymore. I don't put entropy on either bar either anymore because I don't use this anymore. It works against ball groups but there are combinations that work even better.

Right I said entropy for major sorcery. You want to get entropy off then take a swing or two with detonation or fire rune or whatever you cast before then drink a pot for full magicka then go all out.
    Edited by Ruckly on December 24, 2018 10:22PM
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyways merry Xmas. This worked quite well before murkmire when the lag wasn't so bad and the dodge rules for projectiles were different(and DK tanks are better now then they used to be(at least the EP DK tanks). They stand 5m in front of their group catching casts.)
    Edited by Ruckly on December 24, 2018 10:50PM
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how everyone said their class is in a good spot when it's op. Incap use to cost 50 ultimate and stun, nightblades are one shotting everyone from stealth. "nightblades are fine incap is fine". Sorcs one shotting everyone not in heavy armor with rune cage while at the same time having two huge shields, mobility and minor main "sorcs are in a good spot" now we have magplars able to get 30k resists and close to 4000 spell damage. All the while offering unmatched group utility with purge and a big burst heal. "Templars are in a good spot". If anyone in the forums claim their class is in a good spot that in fact means their class is OP.

This magplar meta is horrible and it just enables these tank groups. On XboX cyrodiil is nothing but magplars and wardens. You never see and stamsorcs, magblades, or magsorcs, you see stamblades but they are all snipers. This is because there is no reason to play one of the "DPS" classes. Why would you get sweaty on a magblade or magsorc when you can just play magplar and have similar damage (way higher AOE damage) while having much higher survivability and at the same time keep your group alive. There really is no benefit to playing nightblade or sorc right now

What is this magplar build with 30k resists and 4k spell damage? Apparently I'm using the wrong build.

Your can run something as simple as fortified brass/spell strategist/blood spawn with infused spell damage glyphs on the jewelry/and infused spell damage glyph on your weapon this will get you really close to 4k with major sorcery active. You can basically switch in any damage set and get really high spell damage or penetration whichever you prefer and inside your rune with bloodspawn procd you will be at right around 30k resist in light armor.

Any magicka build can basically run a set up like this but it's going to be much more effective on a magplar because of the class synergizes. Purge and BoL make it almost impossible to actually kill a magplar with high defenses. Throw in mist form and you have the ability to completely troll players. If magplar has high AOE burst/AOE healing, survivability, and group utility why would I play a nightblade or sorc. While they can match the burst they don't come anywhere near the group utility. I feel that's not balanced at all.
    NyassaV wrote: »
    I'm kinda annoyed that my stamplar can out preform my magblade in almost everyday and I have very little experience with the stamplar in comparison to my magblade but that's kinda it. Templars are fine

Mageblade is super strong. Some might say better than stamplar. This is a learn to play issue if what you say is actually true.

I think most would say magblade is at the bottom of the PvP tier list with magsorc. It's just almost impossible to recover from burst in open world cyrodiil. I still think it's stronger than magplar for actual regulated duels with rules and set bans Because you still have the ability to basically control one opponent with root spam and shade and set bans make it impossible to get ridiculous stats. Once players are allowed to run what they want though magblade becomes middle of the pack at best this patch. A stamplar with ravenger/7th/troll king and bleeds will be better than any magblade build out there at open world or duels.

Mag sorc is another class that is super strong. If people think magblade and magsorc are on the bottom then the other classes must be insane.

Magblades suck open world. 1v1 yeah strong.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    I like how everyone said their class is in a good spot when it's op. Incap use to cost 50 ultimate and stun, nightblades are one shotting everyone from stealth. "nightblades are fine incap is fine". Sorcs one shotting everyone not in heavy armor with rune cage while at the same time having two huge shields, mobility and minor main "sorcs are in a good spot" now we have magplars able to get 30k resists and close to 4000 spell damage. All the while offering unmatched group utility with purge and a big burst heal. "Templars are in a good spot". If anyone in the forums claim their class is in a good spot that in fact means their class is OP.

This magplar meta is horrible and it just enables these tank groups. On XboX cyrodiil is nothing but magplars and wardens. You never see and stamsorcs, magblades, or magsorcs, you see stamblades but they are all snipers. This is because there is no reason to play one of the "DPS" classes. Why would you get sweaty on a magblade or magsorc when you can just play magplar and have similar damage (way higher AOE damage) while having much higher survivability and at the same time keep your group alive. There really is no benefit to playing nightblade or sorc right now

What is this magplar build with 30k resists and 4k spell damage? Apparently I'm using the wrong build.

Your can run something as simple as fortified brass/spell strategist/blood spawn with infused spell damage glyphs on the jewelry/and infused spell damage glyph on your weapon this will get you really close to 4k with major sorcery active. You can basically switch in any damage set and get really high spell damage or penetration whichever you prefer and inside your rune with bloodspawn procd you will be at right around 30k resist in light armor.

Any magicka build can basically run a set up like this but it's going to be much more effective on a magplar because of the class synergizes. Purge and BoL make it almost impossible to actually kill a magplar with high defenses. Throw in mist form and you have the ability to completely troll players. If magplar has high AOE burst/AOE healing, survivability, and group utility why would I play a nightblade or sorc. While they can match the burst they don't come anywhere near the group utility. I feel that's not balanced at all.
    I'm kinda annoyed that my stamplar can out preform my magblade in almost everyday and I have very little experience with the stamplar in comparison to my magblade but that's kinda it. Templars are fine

Mageblade is super strong. Some might say better than stamplar. This is a learn to play issue if what you say is actually true.

I think most would say magblade is at the bottom of the PvP tier list with magsorc. It's just almost impossible to recover from burst in open world cyrodiil. I still think it's stronger than magplar for actual regulated duels with rules and set bans Because you still have the ability to basically control one opponent with root spam and shade and set bans make it impossible to get ridiculous stats. Once players are allowed to run what they want though magblade becomes middle of the pack at best this patch. A stamplar with ravenger/7th/troll king and bleeds will be better than any magblade build out there at open world or duels.

Mag sorc is another class that is super strong. If people think magblade and magsorc are on the bottom then the other classes must be insane.

Magblades suck open world. 1v1 yeah strong.

Im better in open world. Smatblade seems better to x1.
  • VagabondAngel
    VagabondAngel
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 light, 1 med, 1 heavy (for undaunted passive)
    38k magicka, 23k health, 13k stam
    30k spell resist, 24k phys resist while standing in rune
    4.2k spell damage with full buffs
    14k spell pen

Squishy if you miss a buff or heal or use too much stam blocking or breaking free but the damage is good.

And no, I didn't get my build from YouTube
    ~ Níamh ~
    ~ Ebonheart Pact ~

~ SatGNU - PC - EU ~
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    14k spell pen

Squishy if you miss a buff or heal or use too much stam blocking or breaking free but the damage is good.

Magicka regen?
    Edited by Synozeer on December 25, 2018 10:52PM
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • VagabondAngel
    VagabondAngel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Synozeer wrote: »
    Magical regen?
    1.4k with a pot active. I usually use spell damage/crit pots on cool down.
    ~ Níamh ~
    ~ Ebonheart Pact ~

~ SatGNU - PC - EU ~
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MuckyBums wrote: »
    Templars. All the purifies. Paired with argonians are far far too strong. There damage is stupid high. Resistances stupid high. They are currently the master class. Pretty much crappy players can pick one up and cause decent players trouble. Most are sword shield. And they can have good stamina pools. They are like sorcs used to be but stronger. I mean who's idea was it to give them 5 purifies over and over. And rune. The class for a long time has out performed all other classes. Everyone accept the people who use them complain . F..All is changed

You may be correct if magic sorc against templars. Mage Templar easily win mage sorcs any day.
    Templars purify all your burst and you die anyway. But NB or DK can surely kill a mage templar especially stam quite easily. If not its L2P issue.
    Hint : Bleed combined with CCs and major defile.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mag sorc is super strong ? Mageblade is top tier in PVP. Mage sorc is definitely bottom tier in all PVE and PVP.

Check the battleground stats and Emps in alliance wars.
    Thats why many sorcs quitted the game forever and AD loses all wars in last place by very huge margin post nerfmire. Only time AD won is post summerset that too very close till last moment. That is for the entire almost a year.
    Thats what wanted for game health . What now ? Can we nerf sorcs for one time ? :D I could see some are still playing mage sorcs.

Only noobs will come in AD and since all pros left for good. Stream the kills and earn huge money. Lets self proclaim ourselves we are pros of the game. Forget the game balance ***. Oh wait , no is there to kill, all I see is only dead horses.

I cannot take this comment serious. I am just rofl.

Last time in EU dueling tournament no one even signed up for sorc. No 1 is mageblade. No 2 is DK.

L2P noobs.

Can we delete sorc from game ? How about that ?
    Can we make stam DK to reflect everything for 10 seconds ?

Just give class change token to sorcs and see how many will change immediately. Some people are cancer to this game often look for own personal interests. Who cares ?
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on December 25, 2018 11:42PM
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mag sorc is super strong ? Mageblade is top tier in PVP. Mage sorc is definitely bottom tier in all PVE and PVP.

Thats why many sorcs quitted the game forever and AD loses all wars in last place by very huge margin post nerfmire. Only time AD won is post summerset that too very close till last moment. That is for the entire almost a year.
    Thats what wanted for game health . What now ? Can we nerf sorcs for one time ? :D I could see some are still playing mage sorcs.

Only noobs will come in AD and since all pros left for good. Stream the kills and earn huge money. Lets self proclaim ourselves we are pros of the game. Forget the game balance ***. Oh wait , no is there to kill, all I see is only dead horses.

Last time in EU dueling tournament no one even signed up for sorc. No 1 is mageblade. No 2 is DK.

L2P noobs.

Just give class change token to sorcs and see how many will change immediately. Some people are cancer to this game often look for own personal interests. Who cares ?

Mag sorc is an insanely strong class open world and if you can't see that I don't know what to say.
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    14k spell pen

How much crit res do you have? And if you get knocked out of the rune you lose 50% of 52## and if you can't get back in you're out 1.5 x 52##. That still seems to be quite a bit a resistance in light. Did you include the spell/phys pen that everyone has from CP? I imagine for a CP 160 player it would be more like 25k spell res, 19k phys res in rune; 18.5k spell res, 11.5k phys res no rune.
  • VagabondAngel
    VagabondAngel
    ✭✭✭✭
    How much crit res do you have? And if you get knocked out of the rune you lose 50% of 52## and if you can't get back in you're out 1.5 x 52##. That still seems to be quite a bit a resistance in light. Did you include the spell/phys pen that everyone has from CP? I imagine for a CP 160 player it would be more like 25k spell res, 19k phys res in rune; 18.5k spell res, 11.5k phys res no rune.
    3k crit resist (full impen + some in cp)

Yes bit of loss when knocked off the rune but its cheap to cast and some stam regen when still in it. Stats are just as read from character sheet not including anything else. It can be difficult to manage, particularly outnumbered and if there's any lag.
    ~ Níamh ~
    ~ Ebonheart Pact ~

~ SatGNU - PC - EU ~
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    3k crit resist (full impen + some in cp)

Yes bit of loss when knocked off the rune but its cheap to cast and some stam regen when still in it. Stats are just as read from character sheet not including anything else. It can be difficult to manage, particularly outnumbered and if there's any lag.

Is that with battle spirit buff? If so that is pretty sharp. 23k health with one shield to stack or two if you use healing staff and 1.4k magicka regen.

If you gear swap while mounted and out of combat into heavy and light when you are about to enter combat, and you have a warden in your groups that has high up time on Expansive Frost Cloak, and you front bar frost staff Destructive Impact this looks like it could be fun.
    Edited by Ruckly on December 26, 2018 12:58AM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

L2P noobs.

Mag sorc is an insanely strong class open world and if you can't see that I don't know what to say.

Good at running away, yes. The moment you commit to a fight, that strength is void and the class severely limited.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not very hard to get to 4k spell damage. You can run all defensive sets with just infused spell damage glyphs on your jewelry and weapon and be at 3k SD with major sorcery active. With a gold weapon and 3 spell damage enchants on your jewelry your spell damage will sit at 2100 and if you use infused jewelery instead of arcane you will sit at 2400 spell damage. This is without any spell damage lines from item sets.

So with major sorcery and infused spell damage glyphs the game basically gives you a free 3k spell damage. Now if you start adding spell damage enchants on your back bar weapon you can pretty easily get to 4k SD. This isn't really a templar problem though it's more of a problem with the game in general.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    14k spell pen

Rune now grants you full Major Ward and Major Resolve even when you aren't in the Rune, for the full buff duration of 20 seconds. You get an additional 2640 resists while in the Rune.

The change was made in Wolfhunter, and is really the reason magplars can spec more into damage than they could before.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just love how so many people think magplar is so easy to have damage and tankiness. They are talking out their butts because 90% of the magplars I see in Cyrodiil are weak damage that can only block, cleanse, and BoL builds (which by the way are very killable, especially as many of them think 10K stamina + witchmother's is a good idea) who only get KBs by Xv1ing with RD. Because when we ride out horses to a flagged keep, there are all these solo open world templars out there cutting off reinforcements waiting to kill us because they class is easy-peasy OP damage+tankiness all in one package, right?

The class has been frustrating for years to play and when ZOS finally reforms them such that it's at least possible to play them competitively without wanting to throw your computer out this window, people are complaining because they're so used to the class being one-dimensional and nonthreatening. It's no wonder ZOS has such a consistent track record with nerfing stuff.

It’s a safe bet that people also still die to these tanky low damage magplars becuse they need to L2P. That magplar throws on skoria or thorvokins or whatever and let’s the procs and some dots/jabs do the work. Then BoL to full because their opponent doesn’t know how to heal, CC or just walk away without dying. Then it’s to the nerf forums.
    Edited by Vapirko on December 26, 2018 4:42AM
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this talk about 30k resists and 4k spell damage....all i gotta say is been there, done that. I call this one the Juggernaut.
    Screenshot is from Murkmire PTS, before Murkmire was released, in PvE land, so no battlespirit hp buff.

THEJUGGERNAUT.png

This build was the one i came up with before my 40k magicka 5k spell damage light armor build video.....this one might be better, depending on who you talk to :P Tankier for sure.

Happy holidays, enjoy :P
    Edited by Akinos on December 26, 2018 8:58AM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    All this talk about 30k resists and 4k spell damage....all i gotta say is been there, done that. I call this one the Juggernaut.
    Screenshot is from Murkmire PTS, before Murkmire was released, in PvE land, so no battlespirit hp buff.

THEJUGGERNAUT.png

This build was the one i came up with before my 40k magicka 5k spell damage light armor build video.....this one might be better, depending on who you talk to :P Tankier for sure.

Thats a pretty solid set up. But I’m assuming that picture is with alchemist and a berserker glyph up? Its only gonna have those numbers 1/3 of the time at most. I think there’s an important distinction to be made between consistent vs instanced stats. Not to knock your build at all, I think you’re a great theorycrafter. I just don’t think snapshots of builds at highly specific moments are very valuable when it comes to discussions on balance, as it’s not really reflective of overall performance. Especially if clever alchemist is in the mix. You really can hit similar numbers on every single class.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    e
    NBrookus wrote: »
    14k spell pen

Rune now grants you full Major Ward and Major Resolve even when you aren't in the Rune, for the full buff duration of 20 seconds. You get an additional 2640 resists while in the Rune.

The change was made in Wolfhunter, and is really the reason magplars can spec more into damage than they could before.

That sounds broken. I thought it was still 6 seconds. Anybody can run through your rune and get the same buff. I've been using Balance for armor buff since it is the best way to remove stuck in combat bug but 20 seconds of Major Resolve and Major Ward for 1k magicka and you can stand in the rune for 4 second and get that back where other classes have to spend 4k magicka for the same buff!? The Templar class representative should go into politics if he can get that through.
  • VanHalen
    VanHalen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »

THEJUGGERNAUT.png

Why so many stamina? Which drink?
    Edited by VanHalen on December 26, 2018 9:50PM
    YouTube channel
    EU server

TESO-SETS.RU - Инструмент для поиска и подбора сетов
    TESO-SKILLS.RU - База скиллов с Рейтингом эффективности и демонстрацией работы
    sets.teso.pro/en - Tool for selecting sets for creating builds
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still looking for this super templar. The best I have come up with is Rattlecage/Skooma Smuggler/Domihaus/Molag Kena. It seems to be the most well rounded heavy templar that can heal and nuke with mobility and survive bow ganks and survive most melee ganks and immobilize with a frost staff with 1.5k magicka regen after a potion and you can use a cyrodill magicka potion instead of a swift potion to get a longer major expedition buff and the magicka potion counts towards sustain. It isn't a killer it's more like glue that holds a group together.

The above build vs the speed and burst of sorcs and nbs. You need sorcs and nbs in your group to kill stuff. DKs to tank and melee burst. Wardens to do their stamina combination that they do. Does the warden have a class rep they seem like they need more depth?

Footnote: Rattlecage because 350 spell damage and sorcery buff since the only way for a templar to get it is entropy or a pot and Rattlecage lets you use pots when it is convenient instead of chugging them to keep the buff up. If I did chug pots I would probably use Kagrenac's Hope instead because fast res and similar stats.
    Edited by Ruckly on December 26, 2018 9:56PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m so confused, this thread says Templar’s are far too strong.

And then here’s this other thread that says Tempalrs are terrible.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/450775/when-did-templar-got-the-shaft#latest

They cant be both. Is it possible that the OPs of each of these threads just need to L2P? Maybe it’s not the class, maybe it’s you? If you want to play an all dot build which is pretty cheesy as well, then you have to accept that one class is a direct counter to that just like Magicka DKs can directly counter ranged Magicka NBs or Bow builds. So either adapt your build to incorporate some direct damage attacks that you can use in conjunction with your dots, or learn how to fight around it. They’re not going to nerf Templar’s just to deal with one specific type of build.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    e
    NBrookus wrote: »
    14k spell pen

That sounds broken. I thought it was still 6 seconds. Anybody can run through your rune and get the same buff. I've been using Balance for armor buff since it is the best way to remove stuck in combat bug but 20 seconds of Major Resolve and Major Ward for 1k magicka and you can stand in the rune for 4 second and get that back where other classes have to spend 4k magicka for the same buff!? The Templar class representative should go into politics if he can get that through.

"Anybody can run through your rune and get the same buff. " No, they can't. It's a self-buff only. Only Warden has a armor buff that also buffs allies.

You know nightblades get their armor buff for free as a passive, right? In the case of templars, Rune is armor buff + sustain. Other classes have other sources of class sustain. For example, DKs have battle Roar, Wardens have Netch (which is FREE), etc. Other classes also have armor buffs with additional benefits. Sorcs get theirs with major expedition, DKs get theirs with 12% extra healing and some damage.

The armor/sustain buffs are pretty comparable across classes when you look at how it all works together. (Sorcs could use a little love here.) Before this change, templars were the only class who had to stay in or return to their rune for a very basic buff.

Balance is a bad choice for an armor buff for a low mobility class whose strength is healing. Don't help your enemies put you in execute range, especially not while steel potato is so strong. And you are giving up your only source of sustain in your class. I would honestly choose Chudan over Balance... and I wouldn't choose Chudan.

You've said things like light armor templar is bad, but it really truly is not. I've had all my mag toons in light for a at least 2 years and wouldn't go back to heavy the way the game is now. There are SO many options now with jewelry crafting. You can make light tankier, but it's really hard to give heavy the penetration and crit.

Magplars are in a lovely, viable spot with real choices to make about tanky versus damage versus healing. Since Summerset I haven't felt like I was gimping myself for playing magplar, but it's also not my strongest class spec.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskras wrote: »
    Heimpai wrote: »
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    MuckyBums wrote: »
    Templars. All the purifies. Paired with argonians are far far too strong. There damage is stupid high. Resistances stupid high. They are currently the master class. Pretty much crappy players can pick one up and cause decent players trouble. Most are sword shield. And they can have good stamina pools. They are like sorcs used to be but stronger. I mean who's idea was it to give them 5 purifies over and over. And rune. The class for a long time has out performed all other classes. Everyone accept the people who use them complain . F..All is changed

Templars are definitely better than magdens, stamdks, and sorcs but have you ever tried a magdk, stamden, or any nightblade?

Are you saying magblade is better than templars? 🤔

...to some situations, maybe. Cyrodill its a 'open world'. About fight, PVP/Duel, Templar seems better at this moment.

Yes open world.
    Edited by Drdeath20 on December 27, 2018 6:32AM
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    14k spell pen

Every class can do this fully buffed in heavy and they dont need to wear rattlecage or waste a potion on spell power potion.

Edit: your wearing clever alchemist and using spell power pots. Thus no invisibility, speeding or unstoppable. You can get ~the same numbers with every class but you will have class access to major sorcery soo you can use much better potions.
    Edited by Drdeath20 on December 27, 2018 7:05AM