Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templars far too strong

MuckyBums
MuckyBums
Soul Shriven
Templars. All the purifies. Paired with argonians are far far too strong. There damage is stupid high. Resistances stupid high. They are currently the master class. Pretty much crappy players can pick one up and cause decent players trouble. Most are sword shield. And they can have good stamina pools. They are like sorcs used to be but stronger. I mean who's idea was it to give them 5 purifies over and over. And rune. The class for a long time has out performed all other classes. Everyone accept the people who use them complain . F..All is changed
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mimimimi....

Templars are decent. Been in bad shape for a long time.
  • Ayastigi
    Ayastigi
    ✭✭✭✭
    MuckyBums wrote: »
    Templars. All the purifies. Paired with argonians are far far too strong. There damage is stupid high. Resistances stupid high. They are currently the master class. Pretty much crappy players can pick one up and cause decent players trouble. Most are sword shield. And they can have good stamina pools. They are like sorcs used to be but stronger. I mean who's idea was it to give them 5 purifies over and over. And rune. The class for a long time has out performed all other classes. Everyone accept the people who use them complain . F..All is changed

Plars are fine.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 for Templar’s are fine. If they’re so OP play one and then come back to us with your thoughts. Most magplars use ritual of retribution and stamplars can’t afford to cast extended ritual too often.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    #More stamina to Templars 2019

:)
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Please go and fix this whole post. I’m not going to even bother with replying other than this: You’re as wrong as this whole post.
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with templars is they are slow with no sustain and their skills don't work that great together. Their upside is pocket heal and a cleanse(and rune if you turret). Their healing ult is ok the others don't really out perform meteor or dawnbreaker. The 70% snare on jabs requires the last strike to hit. Magicka javelin only stun for 1.8 seconds. Focused charge only has 22m range in cyrodill. Spear shards only has 25m range. Sun shield isn't really a thing in cyrodill. Sun fire is a different damage type from all their other skills(fire). Dark flare is difficult to land/easy to dodge. Backlash procs Illuminate which is about all I use it for otherwise it is templars version of major sorcery and takes up a gcd. Eclipse procs stun immunity on whoever you cast it on. Radiant Destruction is an iffy channeled damage over time execute.

Templars are worth playing because pocket heal and cleanse if you are magicka.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Templar isn’t overpowered, it’s the most balanced class in the game. Can be excellent in the right hands but with little in the way of carry mechanics that will allow it to perform better than the player behind it. Both Stamina and Magicka variants are viable. And it’s very fun to play. Have been saying it all patch, as a whole, the Templar class in Murkmire is the golden standard for performance.

I don’t think anyone would argue Stamplar is op and based on your post I am inferring your grievances are directed towards magplar. Tanky heavy armor Magplars can be quite cumbersome to take down, but they also often lack damage. I encourage you to go play a light armor dps focused Magplar open world, preferably in solo/small scale contexts or even BGs. Then come back and report how easy it felt and how strong you think Magplar is.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Templar isn’t overpowered, it’s the most balanced class in the game. Can be excellent in the right hands but with little in the way of carry mechanics that will allow it to perform better than the player behind it. Both Stamina and Magicka variants are viable. And it’s very fun to play. Have been saying it all patch, as a whole, the Templar class in Murkmire is the golden standard for performance.

I don’t think anyone would argue Stamplar is op and based on your post I am inferring your grievances are directed towards magplar. Tanky heavy armor Magplars can be quite cumbersome to take down, but they also often lack damage. I encourage you to go play a light armor dps focused Magplar open world, preferably in solo/small scale contexts or even BGs. Then come back and report how easy it felt and how strong you think Magplar is.

Except eclipse. They fudged that skill when they switched it from a ranged reflect bubble similar to dk wings but only affecting a single target to what it is now and still procing cc immunity.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars. . The class for a long time has out performed all other classes.

That puts perspective with this whole thing and why I have not used my magplar for anything but healing for a couple years.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »

All the time i get 300ms/lag. Its just terrible play from my home/where i live. Puncture seems never work, like...to it work, i need 'spam' a key...and, some times this work, some times this dont work. Imagine hit a key and the skill dont work when u need? All the time i have this crap situation. Cuz this, i left my templar. When i use her, just with heavy armor, but is terrible about DMG and resources. To be honest, my best performance its in ocean time zone, when i get 240ms.

#mylifesucks :tired_face:
    Edited by Iskras on December 19, 2018 8:51AM
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread is lol.
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    If I was to sum up the Templar class:

Templars are probably the slowest mobility class in the game, have limited buffs and self preservation compared to other classes. However, in the right hands they have solid dps and heal potential with good cc and counter mechanics making them quite balanced overall.

Definitely not overpowered.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone got swept up 🧹 🧹 🧹
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its so weird because I can one minute read about a templar struggling and the class sucking, to the next minute of them being OP. I feel like they might be both sides of the same coin looking for a carry and templar doesnt really give you that, and yet they counter some of them.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because you struggle against Templars does not in any way mean that they are overperforming. It just means that your particular build (I'm guessing DoT based) is less effective against them. It's a rock-paper-scissors situation, where every class, build and playstyle wipes the floor with some types of opponents and not others.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not sure if trolling or serious...

I'm fairly certain I can use any other class than my mag templar and get better performance out of it right now. Even sorc.
  • pshift
    pshift
    ✭✭✭

Just curious, does anybody in this forum do anything besides whine about how another class/race/ability is OP?
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pshift wrote: »
    Just curious, does anybody in this forum do anything besides whine about how another class/race/ability is OP?

Bretons are op their extra amp gain makes all Bretons emp
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pshift wrote: »

Sometimes they complain how their own OP stuff is useless, niche, underperforming, etc.
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Its so weird because I can one minute read about a templar struggling and the class sucking, to the next minute of them being OP. I feel like they might be both sides of the same coin looking for a carry and templar doesnt really give you that, and yet they counter some of them.

depends if you want to shoot yourself at the leg and play magicka or go stamina...
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Total dark needs a nerf. That is all imo.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »

It just got one
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG finally i can agree with a post!! Tempars are waaay to good all they due is press 1 button to full and i have to start my hole rotation over agan!! So annnoying!!! Also i apply all my dots that take forever too do and they press 1 button and i have to start all over. also they can tank 1435 people like its noting no other class can doo that!! And they just press that on1 beam skill and you are insta dead even from 200 yards away! I cant believe people are defending this class in this thread write now omg im done with this community

OP seems like u r the only reasonable one left i gave u a agree keep fioghing the good fight!!! :):)
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clerics that can heal and purge. What is the world coming to :( .
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss blinding flashes

we all do, we all do lol.
    Edited by Minno on December 19, 2018 8:15PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

It just got one

correct, you cannot be cc'd while in the bubble.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Koolio wrote: »

It just got one

correct, you cannot be cc'd while in the bubble.

I actually thought about this last night while on my NB. Went to run from a zerg and someone put this on me. I was about to break free and was like "no wait. I have cc immunity already and nothing that's going to proc this"

Even if it were UC; It wont hurt that much.

That said; I believe DKs have a legitimate complaint about how their armor passively procs this.
    Edited by technohic on December 19, 2018 10:03PM
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP appears to be in the midst of a rage-stroke BUT as someone who mains templar (mag and stam) I'll say that do think we have the one of the best toolkits of all the classes and Purify is a big part of that. To the extent that Purify is OP it's because it's become easier and easier to stack a bucket of negative effects on somebody. Since that trend continued with this last patch, Purify became even more valuable + stronger relative to replacement abilities.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    A templar needs at least Cleansing Ritual at decent cost Ritual of Retribution is preferable so the damage numbers show where and how many people are behind stuff. It is needed to remove snares/immobilize so a heavy armor magplar can move. If a magplar could substitute Cleansing Ritual for Bolt Escape/Shadow Cloak/Nature's Grasp I would do it since I could get cleanse anyways from alliance war tree.