The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jay-Zina Bruno

• Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is awesome! How can you not laugh :D:D
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    I read this as she feels sorry for those with lag cause this is a 99MB patch that fixes only one issue.

Yup. This patch contained one small performance update in a world where there is much more to do.

"Implemented some small optimizations to framerate when the game is set to Ultra graphics settings."

Id be surprised if that helped lag much as I think most of us have turned graphics down hoping to help rather than run Ultra.

graphic settings aren't even the cause of lag to begin with. Its the server load and netcode issues.

I've tested running 1080p low and 4k ultra in cyrodiil, difference is minimal.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    I read this as she feels sorry for those with lag cause this is a 99MB patch that fixes only one issue.

Yup. This patch contained one small performance update in a world where there is much more to do.

"Implemented some small optimizations to framerate when the game is set to Ultra graphics settings."

Id be surprised if that helped lag much as I think most of us have turned graphics down hoping to help rather than run Ultra.

graphic settings aren't even the cause of lag to begin with. Its the server load and netcode issues.

I've tested running 1080p low and 4k ultra in cyrodiil, difference is minimal.

A lot of people confuse FPS and latency, but both are used when talking about "lag". Technically accurate or not, the distinction is beside the point. It is a performance fix. A small one.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »
    This is awesome! How can you not laugh :D:D

I'm neither amused nor mad. I was mad plenty last night which is once of the worst nights for lag on a weekly basis. I got over it by basically some trash talk banter which is not generally my thing, but it was fun none the less. What I am not over is I can see a definite decline in people who provide me with my favorite content in this game, and a lot of it has to do with lag and a lot of them are likely to get very upset if they read that patch note.

TL;DR: Other people are content that make MMOs. People I play against and I am sure, with; tend to be salty, highly aggressive people and will not take the joke well. Meaning even less content for me.
    Edited by technohic on December 10, 2018 2:33PM
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only imagine how long Gina has been innocently waiting for a 99MB patch just to use this line thinking, "Man, this is great. Everyone is gonna love it!"... and then the internet did what the internet does and threw a butthurt tantrum.

Gina, keep it up.
    Everyone else, knock it off.
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    live with it ppl. the lag is here to stay. by the time they fix it we'll all be playing AoC. don't forget - 18th of dec is an open test. make sure you register for 200fps and <100 ping.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I liked the joke, and I think the reference means we got a bit of lag improvement in this patch and they acknowledge more needs to be done.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel bad for all those people who can't even pull away from their seriousness for a few minutes and share a laugh.

Life's short. It doesn't have to be miserable.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    Is it snowing? These snowflakes taste salty.

Rap notes got a good chuckle outta me.

Same. Trying to just be fun - c'mon guys - we know we don't want Gina touching the code - she's here to entertain (and probably a bazillion other things....)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good joke, no need to drain it. Any grown person should be able to realize that Gina is a community manager, not a dev. There wouldn't be a goddan thing she could do if she wanted to fix your lag in Cyrodiil.

And that's not even the point. Joke would still be good even if it came from a dev, because a joke is all about being a joke. If people stopped making jokes just because someone would be offended, world would be such a bleak place.
    PC|EU
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people stopped making jokes just because someone would be offended, world would be such a bleak place.

When the internet mirrors real life.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    *Mic drop*
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel bad for all those people who can't even pull away from their seriousness for a few minutes and share a laugh.

I would love to laugh but my abusive relationship with ZOS only allows for tears.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »

I would love to laugh but my abusive relationship with ZOS only allows for tears.
    Then end the relationship and find a better one for your mental health.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

If only it was that easy to just end an abusive relationship.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

If only it was that easy to just end an abusive relationship.
    Moving away from an analogy which is pretty sensitive, it's reasonably easy to walk away from an MMO if you find it's having negative effects on you and you don't have legitimate addiction issues.

I was exactly in this position a couple of years ago where ESO was making me miserable. I was surrounded by people who were toxic and just ranted about the game/ZOS for every detail, which made me get more riled up.
    I went cold turkey for six months, found better more positive circles to hang around with and came back to the game with a fresher perspective.

It did wonders for my love and enjoyment of ESO as well as my mental health. Sometimes if you love a game you need to take a step back and remember why you love it, if you find that love is no longer there then it's pointless making yourself miserable playing it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You only have 99 megabytes eh? I feel bad for you son. :p
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice to get some clarification but the last sentence ('If you having lag problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 megabytes and this patch is one.') makes me wonder if Gina even wrote it or her account was hacked by a joker. Something is very off.

Gina is normally quite lucid. The above sentence is not only confusing but an English teacher would rip it apart on several counts.

*scratches head*

Edited by AcadianPaladin on December 10, 2018 4:11PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice to get some clarification but the last sentence ('If you having lag problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 megabytes and this patch is one.') makes me wonder if Gina even wrote it or her account was hacked by a joker. Something is very off.

Gina is normally quite lucid. The above sentence is not only confusing but an English teacher would rip it apart on several counts.

*scratches head*

This one understands it is an intentional slight alteration of some well known musical lyrics by a bard of some sort yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Shewolf075
    Shewolf075
    ✭✭✭
    Made me laugh at first because of the cheek it, then I thought I expect no less concerning lag issues being taken seriously.
  • DovahkiinHeart
    DovahkiinHeart
    ✭✭✭
    [Beatboxes]
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't take this as an attack on the customers (Players). I take it as light hearted fun on her part. Don't you guys think that she is most likely the main focal point of hundreds if not thousands of people's complaints? I cannot tell you how many times I have seen her name attached to threads. She gets it. She knows the issues.

Thank you Gina for the laugh!
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm dumbfounded she's as patient as she is with all the BS flying around on any given day. I couldn't and wouldn't do the job.

If this is the worst 'offense,' I'm pretty sure everyone will be ok. Besides, taking her birthday away does nothing for the underlying issue.

Does everyone get spun up when subtle humor gets added in with other patch notes?
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on December 10, 2018 4:31PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Thlepse
    Thlepse
    ✭✭✭
    WTB sense of humor to cure all the saltiness asap.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    Is it snowing? These snowflakes taste salty.

Rap notes got a good chuckle outta me.

This.

People these days are so soft.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It reminds me
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjPnA9Cx4hY
    It was also funny at that time.
    Edited by Juhasow on December 10, 2018 4:49PM
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats really funny is those that get offended recreationally usually wind up getting what they want.

Now this poor lady has to weigh and measure tone to not appear insensitive to those who use indignation as a source of entertainment.

Things that are nice, have them we can not.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lizard_PNG5.png 10g
    602f55ea2d0e727895edd8a7719c08c1.jpg15g
    Horned-Lizard-Transparent-PNG.png 20g

• Deohjo
    Deohjo
    ✭✭
    What a lovely community "We" have.
    not many people understand "Who" made it. not OP.

Its a simple.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya heard me
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on December 10, 2018 5:00PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
This discussion has been closed.