The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Jay-Zina Bruno

Ash_In_My_Sujamma
Ash_In_My_Sujamma
✭✭✭✭✭
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think she's more like Hugo.
    PC|EU
  • Burtan
    Burtan
    ✭✭✭✭
    lmao
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Faunter on December 11, 2018 2:01AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So awesome. :joy:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Burtan
    Burtan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Making fun of customers is always good for business.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burtan wrote: »
    Making fun of customers is always good for business.

33d.jpg
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gfs
    Edited by Nifty2g on December 10, 2018 12:04PM
    #MOREORBS
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    qQ97FB1.jpg
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love how zos makes fun of customers on 4 year old problems <3 when I'll be ceo of my company I want to be like this!
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love how zos makes fun of customers on 4 year old problems <3 when I'll be ceo of my company I want to be like this!
    Turelus wrote: »
    33d.jpg
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    *ZOS Customer Relations meeting*

"What can we do to improve communication and relations with our community?"

"Acknowledge the performance issues and bugs which are still in the game!"

"Write an open letter to the community apologizing for the lack of communication and promise to improve it!"

"Make fun of an issue which has been causing players to quit the game!"
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's a horrendous attempt at a joke. It betrays a lack of understanding of what lag is. You need bandwidth to download a patch. Latency (lag) is not an issue there. Worse, the tacit assumption is that lag is caused by the customer's Internet connection, not ZOS servers, and we all know that's false when it comes to the regular prime time Cyrodiil lag. This abdication of responsibility just underlines how clueless ZOS are. I don't think she's even aware of what she just said.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

hey, at least she's being honest :trollface: In all honesty I really laughed reading this, though considering the the performance issue is an open wound for years I don't know if this ''joke'' is going to be taken well or not.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 10, 2018 12:47PM
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it snowing? These snowflakes taste salty.

Rap notes got a good chuckle outta me.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was funny
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I chuckled. Its funny.

I just wish it werent the only official comment on lag for some time. Especially since ZOS just acknowledged that the "fix" of typing your own name in the guild roster search can improve some people's performance issues.

I can both enjoy the joke and ruefully acknowledge the woeful inadequacy of official commuication about performance issues which the joke unintentionally highlights at the same time.

So keep up the funny patch notes comments, Gina! (Also, more official comments about long-standing performance issues would be nice too!)
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 10, 2018 1:01PM
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I chuckled. Its funny.

I just wish it werent the only official comment on lag for some time. Especially since ZOS just acknowledged that the "fix" of typing your own name in the guild roster search can improve some people's performance issues.

I can both enjoy the joke and ruefully acknowledge the woeful inadequacy of official commuication about performance issues which the joke unintentionally highlights at the same time.

Same here, well said.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know whether it needs any elaboration, but I took my magplar into large scale PvP two days ago. I jabbed a keep guard in the middle of a large fight and he would not die, because only about 1 in 5 of my jab pokes connected with him while we were stationary in front of each other with no other enemies in the jabs. Cyrodiil PvP literally does not work! I can be in a zerg ball with my templar, thinking that my AOEs are cotributing to the damage, but most of them don't. The visuals are fine. They give the illusion that something is happening, but it's not. As a long time solo / Imperial City player this is just shocking. I always knew Cyrodiil was laggy, but I never realised how truly broken it is until this day.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people in this thread need a hug. People are taking this far too seriously - is performance in the game in need of improving - yes.
    Does that mean that at no point can anyone at ZoS attempt to have some light hearted banter? Of course they can, this isn’t making fun of paying customers it’s a (for me) funny bit of humour in what must be a dry task in writing patch notes each week.
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone who is salty about this:
    giphy.gif

The sentence is clearly worded in a way that implies this patch addresses some of the lag issues...
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not mad about it but it is a bit inappropriate to joke about something that is causing a lot of people to stop playing. I cant see this helping moods.

But; to add to the joke; you can report her post for trolling. lol All fun and games
    Edited by technohic on December 10, 2018 1:12PM
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read this as she feels sorry for those with lag cause this is a 99MB patch that fixes only one issue.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its okay to make some jokes but lag is such a hot topic here.

Players loosing friends cause they quit due to horrifying lag, unable to play after work and so much frustration that comes from lag and then having a Community Manager making fun of this problem doesnt feel good.

I always thought that zos devs want to make the game good and actually improve lag/fps but just gets an straight no from their bosses but this shows the opposite sadly. Is there still hope something will ever get better? Or do we now also need to live with zos employees making jokes of the customers problems?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    I read this as she feels sorry for those with lag cause this is a 99MB patch that fixes only one issue.

Yup. This patch contained one small performance update in a world where there is much more to do.

"Implemented some small optimizations to framerate when the game is set to Ultra graphics settings."

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I highly doubt that Gina is being rude and only meant it as a joke, I laughed.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup. This patch contained one small performance update in a world where there is much more to do.

"Implemented some small optimizations to framerate when the game is set to Ultra graphics settings."

Id be surprised if that helped lag much as I think most of us have turned graphics down hoping to help rather than run Ultra.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Id be surprised if that helped lag much as I think most of us have turned graphics down hoping to help rather than run Ultra.

Again, with the "small change" theme being discussed.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why we can't have nice things
    1Een.gif
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems to be more proof that no one is connecting performance issues to lost revenue.

Stop buying crowns if you arent happy with how this game performs. THAT MEANS YOU TOO RP CROWD. :D
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it's funny, because ZOS can't/won't fix years-old performance issues. ha
This discussion has been closed.