The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    is it worth running Spell Power pots so I can make space for different skills on the bar: I would be opening 2 slots by dropping Degen and Vamp?

ok guys this may sound really stupid... One suggestion: is BT +Alifiq an outdated combo now? My take has always been: more mag more damage/healing. It's just that i'm not sure I fancy investing a lot of gold in NMA. Thanks for any suggestions

That set up still works fine, nma is nice bc of our minor sorcery.

Spell power pots for sure imo.

Agreed, but if you’re going to try and make a 1vX video or doing group play you’ll need immovability pots. There are also some other broken good pots like vitality + heroism + protection and stuff. There are times you need a DK buddy or some ability for major sorc.

I haven't used immovable pots in years.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, people want to talk PTS, or just keep our mouths shut until it hits live so stuff we find won’t get nerfed?
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well living dark has been nerfed further.

10% extra mitigation for block is a slight buff to something people already hate.

Loss of uptime on off balance will kill the last magplar holdouts with CP in thaum, and get stamplars to stop using toppling

What else was there? I just read over quick as I feel none of it .matters if performance improvements dont deliver.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Loss of uptime on off balance will kill the last magplar holdouts with CP in thaum, and get stamplars to stop using toppling

A pretty significant nerf to Armor of Truth for the stamplars using the set :/
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »

A pretty significant nerf to Armor of Truth for the stamplars using the set :/

Hadn't thought about that.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still keeping those points in Thaum regardless. That 10% damage increase will still be needed to close some kills.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still keeping those points in Thaum regardless. That 10% damage increase will still be needed to close some kills.

50% maximum uptime on a 10% damage increase isn’t worth 75 blue points unless you’re getting a lot of mileage out of the increased DoT damage.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

10% extra mitigation for block is a slight buff to something people already hate.

What else was there? I just read over quick as I feel none of it .matters if performance improvements dont deliver.

They nerfed living dark again? Missed that.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

50% maximum uptime on a 10% damage increase isn’t worth 75 blue points unless you’re getting a lot of mileage out of the increased DoT damage.

I have spoken.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. They had it in it's own unique collection of abilities and didn't add it under the templar section.
    The following “thorns”, or damage return-based abilities, now have a 7 meter range on their effect, rather than infinite ranges:
    Spiked Armor and its morphs
    Living Dark’s Snare
    Spiked Bone Armor

For me, I liked it if suddenly getting zerged where you are getting chased by a lot of ranged. The melee pursuers I almost want to get further away and follow me behind LOS so I can kill them and move on. It still will be slightly obnoxious to someone chasing you around LOS though.
  • Mister_DMC
    Mister_DMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys coming back after a year plus break. Nice to see you still playing Brutus. I'm surprised to see how much has changed and hope much has stayed the same. Dots are garbage now though and it seems my master dw is also ***. I still have a ton of gear available to try out. Gonna swap to new moons acolyte and back bar SPC with willpower active on frontbar and see how that goes. Is skoria still strong even though dots are crap?
    For context I spend most of my time in Imperial city
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    Can you make a new thread? This one started ages ago and it is very hard to find some up to date facts.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister_DMC wrote: »
    Hey guys coming back after a year plus break. Nice to see you still playing Brutus. I'm surprised to see how much has changed and hope much has stayed the same. Dots are garbage now though and it seems my master dw is also ***. I still have a ton of gear available to try out. Gonna swap to new moons acolyte and back bar SPC with willpower active on frontbar and see how that goes. Is skoria still strong even though dots are crap?
    For context I spend most of my time in Imperial city

Oh my God, hit me up got bgs
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. They had it in it's own unique collection of abilities and didn't add it under the templar section.
    The following “thorns”, or damage return-based abilities, now have a 7 meter range on their effect, rather than infinite ranges:
    Spiked Armor and its morphs
    Living Dark’s Snare
    Spiked Bone Armor

For me, I liked it if suddenly getting zerged where you are getting chased by a lot of ranged. The melee pursuers I almost want to get further away and follow me behind LOS so I can kill them and move on. It still will be slightly obnoxious to someone chasing you around LOS though.

Gotcha, i saw that. Not really why i use it anyway, although it was nice.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Last sentence exactly, from a few glances I didn’t see anything really game changing to most except the vamp drain nerf... Here’s hoping the Vampire changes bring an AOE fear with em.
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    any good magplar build in heavy?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I pretty much run my same build, just in heavy. But I prefer not to personally. I will do it when I am with my guild group and someone who is tanky is leading us into the thick of things pretty hard.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heavy shackle BTB can’t go wrong
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »

Heavy shackle BTB can’t go wrong

Meh, that would be oversustaining and you wouldn’t hit hard.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone run NMA , currently use spinners but trying to figure out what will give better results in pvp. Thinking the spell damage is nice but penetration is nicer?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Anyone run NMA , currently use spinners but trying to figure out what will give better results in pvp. Thinking the spell damage is nice but penetration is nicer?

I do, NMA plus BTB. I only run NMA on my front bar, back bar potatoes.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For BGs/No cp small scale I've been trying it out, here's the setup:

NMA: 3 body pieces + destro
    Lich: 2 body pieces, 1 jewelry + resto
    Potentates: 2 jewelry
    Blood spawn: head + shoulders

5-1-1 light w/atro mundus. Runs a little over 1300 recovery + ele drain + focus, and the lich proc once per minute

So essentially NMA front barred, Lich back barred, with blood spawn and potates 2 pieces active at all times

It has felt pretty nice so far, enjoying it.
    • PC/NA
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For BGs/No cp small scale I've been trying it out, here's the setup:

NMA: 3 body pieces + destro
    Lich: 2 body pieces, 1 jewelry + resto
    Potentates: 2 jewelry
    Blood spawn: head + shoulders

5-1-1 light w/atro mundus. Runs a little over 1300 recovery + ele drain + focus, and the lich proc once per minute

So essentially NMA front barred, Lich back barred, with blood spawn and potates 2 pieces active at all times

It has felt pretty nice so far, enjoying it.

How does this set up do in cp pvp
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't tried it there. I think it would work okay, but Lich may not be as necessary. Backbarring a different set like Transmutation could be good.

Edit: one drawback is that these sets aren't giving you a lot of max magicka, so maybe just go all in on spell damage and back bar something like Clever Alchemist instead.
    Edited by Kartalin on February 12, 2020 3:59PM
    • PC/NA
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't tried it there. I think it would work okay, but Lich may not be as necessary. Backbarring a different set like Transmutation could be good.

Edit: one drawback is that these sets aren't giving you a lot of max magicka, so maybe just go all in on spell damage and back bar something like Clever Alchemist instead.

Yea, clever alchemist on an argonian with 3x infused pot reduction jewellery is going to be awesome. Wish I was an argonian.

Only problem is you’ll need to slot that crappy mage guild dot for major sorcery. I think tri stat or immovable + spell crit + mag would be the best. I haven’t played much with the other ones, but there’s a major vitality + heroism + minor protection one too. If you’re loaded and want to be a wrecking machine, the vitality one is a no brainer.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 12, 2020 4:38PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How important is race on a magplar? Mine is a nord but was wondering if it's worth race changing to dunmer/breton?

I normally don't have sustain issues and sit at 26k health/34k mag/1700 mag regen and spell dmg is 4.6-5k fully buffed.. 32-30k resists in light
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing 2H+bow stamplar forever and was wondering if you guys have any other options to suggest.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heimpai wrote: »
    How important is race on a magplar? Mine is a nord but was wondering if it's worth race changing to dunmer/breton?

I normally don't have sustain issues and sit at 26k health/34k mag/1700 mag regen and spell dmg is 4.6-5k fully buffed.. 32-30k resists in light

For pvp Nord is a solid choice, I wouldn’t change it.

If you change it from Nord you’ll feel a lot squishier which is a magtemplar weakness. Both of the races you mentioned would be a downgrade, with Breton only really being good as a pvp healer.

Altmer, Nord or Argonians are probably the best. On a nord use a damage/sustain monster set, on an Altmer use a defensive monster set or 2 1 piece armour pieces, on an argonian use clever alchemist and pot reduction cooldown jewellery. The end result is pretty close.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 15, 2020 12:40PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Heimpai wrote: »

For pvp Nord is a solid choice, I wouldn’t change it.

If you change it from Nord you’ll feel a lot squishier which is a magtemplar weakness. Both of the races you mentioned would be a downgrade, with Breton only really being good as a pvp healer.

Altmer, Nord or Argonians are probably the best. On a nord use a damage/sustain monster set, on an Altmer use a defensive monster set or 2 1 piece armour pieces, on an argonian use clever alchemist and pot reduction cooldown jewellery. The end result is pretty close.

Thats gonna be a no from me dawg

I have both a High Elf and Breton. I would defintiley not say Breton is healer only and bottom tier.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing 2H+bow stamplar forever and was wondering if you guys have any other options to suggest.

Pretty much anything + 2her works but Bow is just nice to passively get minor expedition from roll and you can run your infused weapon damage back bar. Dual wield if you have BRP as even with the bow and running PI, still leaps stronger with major protection, but you'll need to infuse your 2her.

Really kind of sucks how thay changed 1h items to be half glyph strength. The gap was closest when giving 2her 2 item slot credits. Pendulum swung too far.
    Edited by technohic on February 15, 2020 2:33PM