The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar and Stamden recovery are far from each other, feels completely different. I’ve had as low as 1100-1200 on stamden , would be terrible to do it on stamplar.

As for the person asking, I don’t recommend switching to heavy, especially if you’re already starving for resources. Stamplar is a mobile + aggressive spec , you’ll run out of resources quick if you don’t have the appropriate amount of sustain. Cover your sustain first , then add your damage. Can’t do anything if you’re out of resources. And a lot of high mmr matches have dragged out combat so you need the sustain.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rate my new build please, pros and cons appreciated. It mainly cp pvp but occasional no co battle grounds.

2 skoria or balorgh (undecided)
    5 new moon (front bar lightning staff)
    5 transmutation (back bar - sword and board)
    2 potentates (on the jewellery so always have the effect up.) All jewellery is infused 2 x spell damage, 1 x reduced cost
    32k mag
    26.5k hp
    16.5k stam
    Over 4k spell damage buffed (skoria)
    1470 recovery unbuffed
    High elf
    Vamp
    Sugar skulls food
    Edited by Syiccal on February 24, 2020 7:02PM
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Rate my new build please, pros and cons appreciated. It mainly cp pvp but occasional no co battle grounds.

2 potentates (on the jewellery so always have the effect up.) All jewellery is infused 2 x spell damage, 1 x reduced cost
    32k mag
    26.5k hp
    16.5k stam
    1470 recovery unbuffed
    High elf
    Vamp
    Sugar skulls food

Should just make NMA both bars I’d use balorgh or Bloodspawn even Grothdarr but not Valkyn dots aren’t dead
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »

32k mag
    26.5k hp
    16.5k stam
    1470 recovery unbuffed
    High elf
    Vamp
    Sugar skulls food

Should just make NMA both bars I’d use balorgh or Bloodspawn even Grothdarr but not Valkyn dots aren’t dead

I'm not a fan of double baring it, mainly because extended and HtD are fairly expensive as is on high elf even with a reduced cost glyph.
    I also felt when I went to offensive set wise if i made a mistake and wasnt absolutely perfect i would get punished.
    You may be right about skoria although I still have 3 skills that proc it.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »

32k mag
    26.5k hp
    16.5k stam
    1470 recovery unbuffed
    High elf
    Vamp
    Sugar skulls food

I'm not a fan of double baring it, mainly because extended and HtD are fairly expensive as is on high elf even with a reduced cost glyph.
    I also felt when I went to offensive set wise if i made a mistake and wasnt absolutely perfect i would get punished.
    You may be right about skoria although I still have 3 skills that proc it.

I barely notice the cost increase I just use ele drain charge sweeps and crescent I slot mages and camouflage hunter but having the spell damage on back bar is much much better than when I only had NMA front
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

32k mag
    26.5k hp
    16.5k stam
    1470 recovery unbuffed
    High elf
    Vamp
    Sugar skulls food

Valkyn is pretty weak (low proc rate with jabs change and 1peice is bad) and balorgh is doesn’t work well on a magplar since your best ult is pretty cheap.

You could run shadowrend If you want a proc damage set (outperforms skoria in damage output) or the new-and-improved Molag kena as a balorgh replacement.

Blood spawn and slimecraw are boring but dependable sets as well.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

32k mag
    26.5k hp
    16.5k stam
    1470 recovery unbuffed
    High elf
    Vamp
    Sugar skulls food

It’s good. In no-CP you might find yourself a little squishy, swop in 2 1 piece armour pieces instead of your monster set. In CP looks good. I prefer a back bar resto to S&B, but that works too.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 24, 2020 8:58PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toppling charge feels a lot better now. Smoother finish into attacking
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

32k mag
    26.5k hp
    16.5k stam
    1470 recovery unbuffed
    High elf
    Vamp
    Sugar skulls food

Valkyn is pretty weak (low proc rate with jabs change and 1peice is bad) and balorgh is doesn’t work well on a magplar since your best ult is pretty cheap.

You could run shadowrend If you want a proc damage set (outperforms skoria in damage output) or the new-and-improved Molag kena as a balorgh replacement.

Blood spawn and slimecraw are boring but dependable sets as well.

Don’t need slime craw if you have room for camo hunter ;)
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monster set is the one I rotate the most as cant nail down what i like most really.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes I use blood spawn, slimecraw is an option. One I haven't seen suggested that I sometimes use is 1 armor boost (pirate skel/chudan/warden) and 1 domihaus. The double stats on domihaus are nice.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Sometimes I use blood spawn, slimecraw is an option. One I haven't seen suggested that I sometimes use is 1 armor boost (pirate skel/chudan/warden) and 1 domihaus. The double stats on domihaus are nice.

Anyone ever tried 2 piece potentates and no monster set? I was thinking of trying it but would need to make NMA shoulders and helm.

I’m finding stam are using crit rush again and with the loss of snares mist form isn’t nearly as good anymore. I need to switch my spec up and am not sure what to change. At least with potatoes there’ll be some protection from onslaught.

I’m seeing a lot of high burst 2H builds running shuffle, onslaught and dizzy and kiting isn’t working well whatsoever. Burst is REALLY up for stam this patch.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 25, 2020 6:45PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Anyone ever tried 2 piece potentates and no monster set? I was thinking of trying it but would need to make NMA shoulders and helm.

I’m finding stam are using crit rush again and with the loss of snares mist form isn’t nearly as good anymore. I need to switch my spec up and am not sure what to change. At least with potatoes there’ll be some protection from onslaught.

I’m seeing a lot of high burst 2H builds running shuffle, onslaught and dizzy and kiting isn’t working well whatsoever. Burst is REALLY up for stam this patch.

I'm using 5 new moon, 5 transmutation, 2 potentates, and slimecraw at min
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same @Syiccal except I have Lich (non cp) instead of Trans. Considering Warlock over Lich but I don't think I have the gear for it atm.

NMA destro
    Lich resto

3 NMA armor, 2 lich armor

1 lich jewelry, 2 potentates jewelry

monster pieces/set
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same @Syiccal except I have Lich (non cp) instead of Trans. Considering Warlock over Lich but I don't think I have the gear for it atm.

NMA destro
    Lich resto

3 NMA armor, 2 lich armor

1 lich jewelry, 2 potentates jewelry

monster pieces/set

Basically same as how I achieve it. I find with 1450 recovery, 1 reduced cost glyph, rune and ele drain I'm good for sustain on a high elf
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem with potentates is the way damage reduction is calculated. it says 5%, but if you are at about 27k armor already, which is around 45% damage reduction, you add potentates and you only get like 2%
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Problem with potentates is the way damage reduction is calculated. it says 5%, but if you are at about 27k armor already, which is around 45% damage reduction, you add potentates and you only get like 2%

I use it as I'm sitting at about 22k armour and 4600 crit resistance buffed. I can then use an offensive monster set instead of blood spawn etc
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I use it as I'm sitting at about 22k armour and 4600 crit resistance buffed. I can then use an offensive monster set instead of blood spawn etc

Might work out to be more there. At least if you get onslaught, you'll have 5% reduction, or at least closer as minor protection might get counted first.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Might work out to be more there. At least if you get onslaught, you'll have 5% reduction, or at least closer as minor protection might get counted first.

Yea my thinking is with the minor protection plus the 5% and then the dmg reduction from high crit resist as with all stam classes using onslaught having high resistance is meaningless at min
    Edited by Syiccal on February 25, 2020 7:55PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yea my thinking is with the minor protection plus the 5% and then the dmg reduction from high crit resist as with all stam classes using onslaught having high resistance is meaningless at min

Yea, that’s what I’m thinking too. I’ve noticed that if you tank your resistances too much you’re vulnerable to magsorcs though.

I might wait to see how the stam builds settle. My last magplar build worked wonders because it was designed to take advantage of stam slotting no gap closers; so ritual snare + 2x swift + mist and they’d never get a 2nd dizzy off. Then they started all using BRP DW, so it hurst my burst but whatever.

I’m finding stam have smartened up and a lot are running swift plus crit charge, I’m not faster anymore and am getting run down. I thought with MMR being reset it’d be like when I was low MMR and be going 20-1 or so again, instead I’m going maybe 8-4, and that’s in a good game.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 25, 2020 8:10PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They dont want us to be able to kite, hence why the snare has been removed in favour of extra block cost reduction I believe.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They dont want us to be able to kite, hence why the snare has been removed in favour of extra block cost reduction I believe.

Yea, I think so too. That’s too bad, trying to tank up and not kite doesn’t work well unless you’re a DK super tank. Kiting isn’t really an option really, it’s a requirement for solo play... but then again Magplars were never good 1vX classes anyways, this will just reinforce it.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Played some bgs yesterday, and yeah, Stam seems to be killing it. Interestingly, Stam Sorcs were top kills. Not sure why though. But dawnbreaker, dizzy, etc were hitting me hard on my magplar. I use two one piece monsters for armor. But I was considering switching to heavy after yesterday.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Played some bgs yesterday, and yeah, Stam seems to be killing it. Interestingly, Stam Sorcs were top kills. Not sure why though. But dawnbreaker, dizzy, etc were hitting me hard on my magplar. I use two one piece monsters for armor. But I was considering switching to heavy after yesterday.

I noticed the same, makes sense. Stamsorc can get up really high weapon damage on a non-glassy build giving them really high healing and damage.

I don’t think heavy is the answer though, everyone’s using onslaught. I’m not sure what the answer is, likely adding more speed... for my playstyle at least. In a speed race mag wins I think, in the sense that stam give up more max stats because of better weapon damage passives than mag does by using swift. Giving up arcane doesn’t mean much for a mag, giving up infused with a weapon damage glyph is a lot for stam.

Maybe back to wizard’s repost too? A good burst combo is about 4 hits per kill though, IDK how good a proc set would be for defense.

I liked it better when no stam ran gap closers and were easy to kite.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 25, 2020 10:49PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Theres been a couple stam sorcs at least that I have cone againt that di hit hard. I've found I want major evasion as the big hitter ultimates these days are AOE as is blastbones and shalks. What's more is I have started using my stamden as it's a combination of my stamplar and magplar, in having vigor as a HoT and spores to burst heal while blocking, but with a ranged projectile defense. I miss jabs/sweeps but I'm getting used to the dizzy meta
    Edited by technohic on February 25, 2020 11:06PM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monster set is the one I rotate the most as cant nail down what i like most really.

Bloodspawn legit
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m not sure what the answer is, likely adding more speed... for my playstyle at least. In a speed race mag wins I think,

Thing is that I'm using the Steed Mundus, so have speed. So I'm not really sure what to do. I'm running a typical NMA/Lich set up, 2 infused dmg 1 mag recovery. But I'll likely go back to Atro mundus and 3 infused dmg. I've felt for a while now that Stam have been shrugging off the 40% speed debuff from reflective light, so once I get into a Jab animation, they are out of reach before I finish it.

I'm at a point in no cp where I get players so low that the kill is almost there, but I can't quite get them before they speed away. I still have Radiant Opression on my bar. Maybe I'll change that for Javelin.

Another idea, I might give Clever Alchemist a run. A 20 sec window of dmg and wear Pariah. Then a monster for sustain. Maybe Engine?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m not sure what the answer is, likely adding more speed... for my playstyle at least. In a speed race mag wins I think,

Thing is that I'm using the Steed Mundus, so have speed. So I'm not really sure what to do. I'm running a typical NMA/Lich set up, 2 infused dmg 1 mag recovery. But I'll likely go back to Atro mundus and 3 infused dmg. I've felt for a while now that Stam have been shrugging off the 40% speed debuff from reflective light, so once I get into a Jab animation, they are out of reach before I finish it.

I'm at a point in no cp where I get players so low that the kill is almost there, but I can't quite get them before they speed away. I still have Radiant Opression on my bar. Maybe I'll change that for Javelin.

Another idea, I might give Clever Alchemist a run. A 20 sec window of dmg and wear Pariah. Then a monster for sustain. Maybe Engine?

I think typically a stamsorc will use that ability that gives minor expedition for 10% speed. Couple I saw were a bit quicker, or maybe I’m just missing ritual, IDK, might be running 1x swift too or the steed. I think they’re running shuffle for evasion because sweeps isn’t snaring. Point about the 10% is the steed is 10% too so you won’t be faster. I’m a vampire too so swift > steed, and steed is more stat dense if you exclude the health recovery.

I’ve been looking for an answer too, what’s happening - I think - on those guys who stop taking damage at low health is the vampire undeath passive (maybe) + major evasion (prob shuffle). Javelin sucks, I wouldn’t use that, maybe try the Templar execute.

I personally hate javelin, the only time I see it being used is by other Templars defensively and messing up my toppling burst combo.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 25, 2020 11:38PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone using reflective light over inner light any more. I just can't see the point when the dot is terrible. I'd rather have the max mag, small amount of recovery and crit at all times. Especially as half the time it gets dodged any way and I dont the crit buff.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to use dark flare but cant find space and the cast time is horrible