The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The silence of zenimax

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    TheDuck wrote: »
    Instead of complaining on these boards (which accomplishes nothing) complain with your wallet.

Stop spending money on this game, and when the coffers run dry, Zen will do something about it.
    Or not, and the game goes under. Either way, problem solved.

I think the game might be going under already...I'm sorry, I'm not trying to insult the game or anything, I love it so much, but...the vibe I'm getting is that the servers may be shut down within the next few years, or even early next year.
    I'm going to miss this game but I am planning to delete it in the next few days. I had such a fun time with it but now...I just can't play because it's so laggy. It seems like they are not maintaining it like they used to. This has been going on since Summerset. I was expecting this to happen eventually, but I'm going to miss it so much.

uh. no. does it have issues? yes. yes it does. oh. so. many. but is it going down, as soon as next year even? not even remotely. how do I know? we are getting content updates. actual content, fairly meaty content at that along with balancing patches. I have played several games that are either shutting down or seem to be on a verge of shut down (wildstar and warhammer online to start).. and trust me, ESO is nowhere near that.

there is still so much room for improvement but to me at least it seems like they are actualy working on said improvement

Whatever you think...but are you playing on PS4 NA? I think that once the next consoles and more new games start coming out, people will have no reason to keep playing. I see hardly anyone anymore compared to when I started. I tend to spend a lot of time in the towns too. On PC this game will probably live for a while longer but I think people are getting frustrated with it. This is just my honest opinion.
    Anyway...I'm ditching this laggy mess of a game for RDR2. I'm going to miss it, but not enough to make me play again. I'm ready for next-gen games now.

so maybe if you clarify that you mean specific platform? i have seen performance of this game in ps4 and.. its not good at all. but to be honest... none of the multiplayer games I tried on my ps4 worked all that well, whether it was something like multiplayer mode for uncharted 4, or actual multiplayer games like Division and Destiny, and it was especially apparently to me since I have both Division and Destiny 2 on both ps4 and PC (long story) and the difference is kinda crazy. but all that means is that the game .. may shut down on ps4 MAYBE (or they may port it to the next gen, which isn't coming out for a few years, yet), but that doesn't mean its shutting down any time soon everywhere else.

Sorry, this isn't simply not true, the PS4 is perfectly fine handling multiplayer games, Destiny (1), FF14 and even the old versions of ESO are/were working mostly fine. It's the quality of the ESO's PS4 port that has gone down the drain during the last few years. For me it looks like they either lost the motivation to create a quality port for the Consoles or that they have lost any kind of hold on the quality of the PS4/XB1 port.

My personal bet is one the first options, Console has ever played 2nd fiddle to the PC and this shows. If I look on my old ESO friend list on the PS4 I only see a few people left still playing the game.

have you tried to compare them to PC versions though - like Destiny TWO (I specifically mentioned second, NOT first game)? like I said, I can see the difference when playing the same games. I've even played them side by side so the difference in performance is particularly apparent. working fine =/= working well. so probably with ESO as it gets more stuff added in - seams are starting to show a lot more. with PC at least, better systems can at least partially compensate for the added issues. console though.. no such luck. is it becasue they lost motivation? I'm not so sure. after all, according to ZoS 2/3 of their population plays on consoles. its possible that despite motivation they are having trouble balancing performance of the games with all the patches. not sure. who knows, maybe they are falling behind too much and getting more discouraged. but that still doesn't mean they are not working on it at all. becasue they ARE. they aren't very successful at it, but this game does NOT have a long of a game that developers gave up on completely.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is a reason why Robert went to public money raise to create Star Citizen instead of going the "proven" classic path, that is going through a publisher.

Because publishers in particular and parent compaines in general, are exclusively focused on shareholders value. If our collective deaths by drowning in acid netted them 1 cent, they would go for it without exitation.

Look at Activision, going to impose "costs cuts" on Blizzard the moment they stopped being the golden cash cow. Look at what EA has done to Bioware and countless others. When enthusiast coders-who-have-been-gamers get replaced by beancounters, THIS is what is going to happen. Always.

And here we have another company that is owned by another. They created ESO, got rid off the original developers to put cheaper ones "just for maintenance" (this is not unique to ESO, actually) and then pretend they actually keep developing and expanding an immense codebase they don't even know well.

Results: embarassing.

Plus, I'd not be suprised if the Fallout Fiasco is prompting the parent company to subtract and move the already scarce ESO resources over, to go help revive that poor new game.

Now, what do you want to hear from Gina? "Sorry we had to reduce our already thin developer base to reinforce the guys on our other sister company, we hope to see them back in a year"?
    Edited by Vahrokh on November 25, 2018 4:57PM
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    There is a reason why Robert went to public money raise to create Star Citizen instead of going the "proven" classic path, that is going through a publisher.

Because publishers in particular and parent compaines in general, are exclusively focused on shareholders value. If our collective deaths by drowning in acid netted them 1 cent, they would go for it without exitation.

Look at Activision, going to impose "costs cuts" on Blizzard the moment they stopped being the golden cash cow. Look at what EA has done to Bioware and countless others. When enthusiast coders-who-have-been-gamers get replaced by beancounters, THIS is what is going to happen. Always.

And here we have another company that is owned by another. They created ESO, got rid off the original developers to put cheaper ones "just for maintenance" (this is not unique to ESO, actually) and then pretend they actually keep developing and expanding an immense codebase they don't even know well.

Plus, I'd not be suprised if the Fallout Fiasco is prompting the parent company to subtract and move the already scarce ESO resources over, to go help revive that poor new game.

Now, what do you want to hear from Gina? "Sorry we had to reduce our already thin developer base to reinforce the guys on our other sister company, we hope to see them back in a year"?

You do know that Zenimax was founded by the same person who founded Bethesda right? The same Bethesda that made the first Elder Scrolls game.

A big evil publisher did not buy Bethesda, nor did a big evil publisher buy the ESO developers, it's all the exact same guys (except for one or two who have retired) who created all the other Elder Scrolls games.

So this isn't a case of an Activision buying up a small development house and turning them into a shell of their former selves.

Oh and Robert as you call him is currently getting serious scrutiny from the CAP (which is the UK version of the FTC) So the jury's out on whether SC is a scam or not.
    Edited by Rain_Greyraven on November 25, 2018 5:34PM
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do know that Zenimax was founded by the same person who founded Bethesda right? The same Bethesda that made the first Elder Scrolls game.

A big evil publisher did not buy Bethesda, nor did a big evil publisher buy the ESO developers, it's all the exact same guys (except for one or two who have retired) who created all the other Elder Scrolls games.

So this isn't a case of an Activision buying up a small development house and turning them into a shell of their former selves.

Oh and Robert as you call him is currently getting serious scrutiny from the CAP (which is the UK version of the FTC) So the jury's out on whether SC is a scam or not.

yep. Obsidian entertainment and Pillars of eternity series would have been much better example since they actualy delivered very good games in a prompt manner without selling tens of thousands of dollars worth of ships in a process... but.. they also got bought by Microsoft, so I guess going indi only takes you so far..

that said.. we don't know exactly why its so difficult to fix performance issues. we DO know that a big part of the reason why so many developers, including ZoS ones are reluctant to communicate because anything they say WILL be twisted around almost beyond any recognition AND then held against them.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yep. Obsidian entertainment and Pillars of eternity series would have been much better example since they actualy delivered very good games in a prompt manner without selling tens of thousands of dollars worth of ships in a process... but.. they also got bought by Microsoft, so I guess going indi only takes you so far..

that said.. we don't know exactly why its so difficult to fix performance issues. we DO know that a big part of the reason why so many developers, including ZoS ones are reluctant to communicate because anything they say WILL be twisted around almost beyond any recognition AND then held against them.

Yes much better examples.

I can tell you exactly why there are performance Issues however: A homebrewed engine that uses the Rad Gaming tools suite, and barring a metric crap ton of time and money that won't improve ever.

And honestly I don't care if they never say a word. Hello gaming doesn't have forums and the only time you hear from their devs is when you see a update and a list of improvements.

That's just Aces with me, but what we have a Zenimax is different, we have Directors and Producers that believe in their vision, and that vision isn't ever going to change.....they will stay with their flawed engine, they will keep mechanics that are not popular, because they want the game that they want to play, not the game we want to play.

If this wasn't the case we would not have seen the insistence of a subscription business model, a PVP end game or a mostly all public Dungeon system.

None of this has actually worked out for Zenimax, but unlike Square Enix or Hello Games, they refuse to do whats needed.

They can milk the cash shop and keep profits up, never mind actually wanting to make real changes. I look for their sister company has decided to do the exact same thing for Fallout 76.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Just to add to this, Chris Weaver who created Bethesda back when they were doing Wayne Gretskty hockey games and Terminator games, created Zenimax Media in 1998. TES3 was under the Zenimax flag. :)
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on November 25, 2018 7:53PM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Rak_am
    Rak_am
    ✭✭✭
    End of month, ps4 update tomorrow ? Yes ? No ? Rng ?
    zenimax, FIX THE GAME
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO will continue to loose players to inferior games because zenimax will still not give us a working product after 4 years.
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • Rak_am
    Rak_am
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    ...As far as consoles, we're looking at publishing the next patch before the end of the month....

Tomorrow ?
    zenimax, FIX THE GAME
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't talk to an angry mob with pitchforks and torches either.

At that point the anger is self sustaining and there's no amount of words or actions that would be good enough.

It's a lose-lose.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zacuel wrote: »
    I wouldn't talk to an angry mob with pitchforks and torches either.

At that point the anger is self sustaining and there's no amount of words or actions that would be good enough.

It's a lose-lose.

The pouty company tactic? That's been a staple here. Better to ask why the mob is angry.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zing.
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so we have a few comments from Gina regarding this topic (thanks to @SaltySudd) at: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/446497/so-about-that-communication-zos/p1
    SaltySudd wrote: »
    As for my end, there is a plan, but we need time to get it fleshed out and implemented. I don't want to speak on behalf of Rob in regards to the vision and strategy for the game moving forward, but he has been hard at work getting this together. Again, these things take time and isn't something you'll see after just a couple days.

Thanks for the update! It's good to know there is something in the works :)

Do you have an idea of the general timeframe it will be for the plan to be fully implemented?

No ETA?

:trollface:

Seriously though, don't want to commit to anything until everything is at least down on paper. Anywhere from a few weeks to the beginning of next year?

Now let's hope they can keep in touch regarding this matter of communication. It doesn't take much. All they need to do is say "Hey, we're making some progress on this "newsletter thing" or "we ran into issues when.." (or what ever solution they implement). It would be ironical if there's no proper communication about their efforts in improving the communication and that would sadly prove they don't care enough/know what the community is asking for.
    I say "care enough" because it's a matter of priorities.
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheDuck wrote: »
    Instead of complaining on these boards (which accomplishes nothing) complain with your wallet.

Stop spending money on this game, and when the coffers run dry, Zen will do something about it.
    Or not, and the game goes under. Either way, problem solved.

I think the game might be going under already...I'm sorry, I'm not trying to insult the game or anything, I love it so much, but...the vibe I'm getting is that the servers may be shut down within the next few years, or even early next year.
    I'm going to miss this game but I am planning to delete it in the next few days. I had such a fun time with it but now...I just can't play because it's so laggy. It seems like they are not maintaining it like they used to. This has been going on since Summerset. I was expecting this to happen eventually, but I'm going to miss it so much.

uh. no. does it have issues? yes. yes it does. oh. so. many. but is it going down, as soon as next year even? not even remotely. how do I know? we are getting content updates. actual content, fairly meaty content at that along with balancing patches. I have played several games that are either shutting down or seem to be on a verge of shut down (wildstar and warhammer online to start).. and trust me, ESO is nowhere near that.

there is still so much room for improvement but to me at least it seems like they are actualy working on said improvement

Whatever you think...but are you playing on PS4 NA? I think that once the next consoles and more new games start coming out, people will have no reason to keep playing. I see hardly anyone anymore compared to when I started. I tend to spend a lot of time in the towns too. On PC this game will probably live for a while longer but I think people are getting frustrated with it. This is just my honest opinion.
    Anyway...I'm ditching this laggy mess of a game for RDR2. I'm going to miss it, but not enough to make me play again. I'm ready for next-gen games now.

so maybe if you clarify that you mean specific platform? i have seen performance of this game in ps4 and.. its not good at all. but to be honest... none of the multiplayer games I tried on my ps4 worked all that well, whether it was something like multiplayer mode for uncharted 4, or actual multiplayer games like Division and Destiny, and it was especially apparently to me since I have both Division and Destiny 2 on both ps4 and PC (long story) and the difference is kinda crazy. but all that means is that the game .. may shut down on ps4 MAYBE (or they may port it to the next gen, which isn't coming out for a few years, yet), but that doesn't mean its shutting down any time soon everywhere else.

Sorry, this isn't simply not true, the PS4 is perfectly fine handling multiplayer games, Destiny (1), FF14 and even the old versions of ESO are/were working mostly fine. It's the quality of the ESO's PS4 port that has gone down the drain during the last few years. For me it looks like they either lost the motivation to create a quality port for the Consoles or that they have lost any kind of hold on the quality of the PS4/XB1 port.

My personal bet is one the first options, Console has ever played 2nd fiddle to the PC and this shows. If I look on my old ESO friend list on the PS4 I only see a few people left still playing the game.

have you tried to compare them to PC versions though - like Destiny TWO (I specifically mentioned second, NOT first game)? like I said, I can see the difference when playing the same games. I've even played them side by side so the difference in performance is particularly apparent. working fine =/= working well. so probably with ESO as it gets more stuff added in - seams are starting to show a lot more. with PC at least, better systems can at least partially compensate for the added issues. console though.. no such luck. is it becasue they lost motivation? I'm not so sure. after all, according to ZoS 2/3 of their population plays on consoles. its possible that despite motivation they are having trouble balancing performance of the games with all the patches. not sure. who knows, maybe they are falling behind too much and getting more discouraged. but that still doesn't mean they are not working on it at all. becasue they ARE. they aren't very successful at it, but this game does NOT have a long of a game that developers gave up on completely.

It's a bit unfair to compare a game running on current PC spec with a system 6 years old by now. I haven't played Destiny 2 much (only the campaign) but I played Destiny 1 extensively, and it was perfectly fine. So yes, you can, if you want, code a MMOxxx game perfectly fine on a PS4

I have play nearly daily since launch on PS4 till I stopped mostly a few months ago. What I can say is that the game quality on this platform has deteriorated drastically in last few years till the point where it's gotten really bad. I just logged in the other day for nostalgia and ported to Wayrest. There were not that many players there (it was late at night) but I still was greeted with now-familiar black shades (meaning the game hadn't loaded the char data yet). This misfeature has been in the PS4 for nearly a year now and they still haven't fixed it.

From what I can see I can say that they either have lost the control over the PS4 code base or they simply don't care anymore. Like I said, other publishers can deliver MMOs just fine for PS4, it's ZOS that doesn't do that anymore.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consoles performance started degrading whenever the patch that brought in vMOL and has only gotten worse since.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lifemocker wrote: »
    ZOS employees are not allowed to play other games? Then what are you people doing here? Get back to your work/school/whatever, unless you're unemployeed, then it's ok to play video games.

I find it encouraging that GILLIAM still plays, that SOMEONE at ZOS actually plays ESO. LOL.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lifemocker wrote: »
    ZOS employees are not allowed to play other games? Then what are you people doing here? Get back to your work/school/whatever, unless you're unemployeed, then it's ok to play video games.

I find it encouraging that GILLIAM still plays, that SOMEONE at ZOS actually plays ESO. LOL.

Yeah, but now the poor boy is muzzled and drinking the rest of the tainted kool-aid in the office like everyone else.
    Edited by Nebthet78 on November 29, 2018 5:39AM
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rak_am wrote: »

Yes, this thread going hot now.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5633061/#Comment_5633061

So we have found the issue is zenimax using Akamai as the internet transit. We are all getting bottle necked by this crummy company and dropping names like @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and @ZOS_GinaBruno and @whoever is really getting us no where.

So, after searching the forums, because my time now spent is not playing my game but hanging out here like a moron searching for answers. And the answer is there, these people at zenimax need to go back to what is was before September or hire a new company to peer our connection to their server.

Thus far, on PC side, September 4th, 2 files being blocked like trojans from within an entire packet load for the zos launcher. We have to manually download them, or, get vpn which may or may not damage our pc's. As personal experience, I used vpn, then it cost me $800 plus to fix my pc because it did let in a virus that destroyed my drive.

Then October, high ping more and more lag was present.

Then November. Exceedingly High ping, (999+) to lag, from lag to disconnects. And as to the comments being made by the community managers, that they rather play RDR2 as opposed to actually addressing the issue with Akamai, I find it now that they just don't give a damn and will not be doing anything about. I'm now also seeing board mods link people to these kind of threads instead of the normal link to the standard tech support trial and error elimination process of troubleshooting.

So call me paranoid, if you will, with so many people posting or just flat out telling me they canceled their eso + sub, after 4 years, we're all starting to think this game is simply going to die out based on the lack of proper response from the dev teams.

I'm a PC player, and found this thread simply by clicking this link:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5614300/#Comment_5614300

I don't have xbox or ps4, but after reading some of the issues, seems you guys are getting shafted as much as we are.
    Edited by chaz on November 29, 2018 9:33AM
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh for god's sakes.

1. community managers have NOTHING to do with actual coding. they manage community.
    2. playing other games=/= they don't give a damn, it means they are GAMERS. its a GOOD thing. unless they are playing those games during work hours? all it means is that gaming is part of their HOBBIEs.

I just.. I can't with you people.

I understand you are frustrated. I get it. but this whole idea that developers are not allowed life of any kind outside of the game they are working on and are not allowed to ever mention in public that they do? has GOT TO DIE.
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Aixy
    Aixy
    ✭✭✭
    ESO will continue to loose players to inferior games because zenimax will still not give us a working product after 4 years.

so true !! +1
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chaz wrote: »
    Rak_am wrote: »

Yes, this thread going hot now.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5633061/#Comment_5633061

So we have found the issue is zenimax using Akamai as the internet transit. We are all getting bottle necked by this crummy company and dropping names like @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and @ZOS_GinaBruno and @whoever is really getting us no where.

So, after searching the forums, because my time now spent is not playing my game but hanging out here like a moron searching for answers. And the answer is there, these people at zenimax need to go back to what is was before September or hire a new company to peer our connection to their server.

Thus far, on PC side, September 4th, 2 files being blocked like trojans from within an entire packet load for the zos launcher. We have to manually download them, or, get vpn which may or may not damage our pc's. As personal experience, I used vpn, then it cost me $800 plus to fix my pc because it did let in a virus that destroyed my drive.

Then October, high ping more and more lag was present.

Then November. Exceedingly High ping, (999+) to lag, from lag to disconnects. And as to the comments being made by the community managers, that they rather play RDR2 as opposed to actually addressing the issue with Akamai, I find it now that they just don't give a damn and will not be doing anything about. I'm now also seeing board mods link people to these kind of threads instead of the normal link to the standard tech support trial and error elimination process of troubleshooting.

So call me paranoid, if you will, with so many people posting or just flat out telling me they canceled their eso + sub, after 4 years, we're all starting to think this game is simply going to die out based on the lack of proper response from the dev teams.

I'm a PC player, and found this thread simply by clicking this link:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5614300/#Comment_5614300

I don't have xbox or ps4, but after reading some of the issues, seems you guys are getting shafted as much as we are.

@chaz as a console peasant, PS4, i can tell you that we're in as much pain as you are. I agree that ZO$ needs to prioritize game performance but they seem unwilling to do it because it would probably cost them more money than they could make back and they've made it clear that $>performance on any platform. You lost me at being upset that the devs or CM's play other games. They have a life outside of work just like all of us and they can do whatever they want. Gina never said she stops her work day to play RDR2 or other games so who cares what she and the others do after the work day. The decisions to ignore game performance are being made at a higher level by the people that only see $$$. Gina and Jessica are stuck in between trying to manage a forum of anger and devs that sometimes seem to "balance" based on throwing darts at a wall.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone. First of all, you aren't wrong. We agree we haven't been communicating as much as we should on this matter (among others) and for that, we apologize. There really is no excuse.

To give you all an update, we did have a couple fixes go into the PC incremental earlier this week. We didn't expect this to fix all the issues currently found in Trials, but it did appear to fix some. We aren't finished, though; our QA team has been working closely with the dungeon team to since Update 20 went live to try and pinpoint what's causing these issues. With a game this massive and no changes made to the Trials, it can be quite challenging and time consuming to figure it out. But we are trying and haven't stopped.

As far as consoles, we're looking at publishing the next patch before the end of the month, which should include the fixes that are already on PC.

There is a lack of clarity in the level of communication we get from ZOS. it increases as we enter a DLC or Chapter phase, followed by long silences.

Many games i have seen address this use the "newsletter" style, where once a week they pick the main forum issues and provide updates, even if it is just a "we're aware of this and we're working on it"
    I think this would be a huge step forwards.

Say for example we have recently had issues with Biting Jabs, Snipe and the lack of AoE's showing up in trials.

Imagine on a Friday if someone from ZOS (Gina or Jessica as an example) made a list of the main points from that week and some dev comments on where they are with the fix.

Have it on the forum banner so it's easy access. ESO Live is great but not regular enough to keep everyone in the loop on what the player base wants to know. The game moves fast and is huge so ZOS ideally needs more regular communication with us.

We've seen the forum and community basically explode in recent months over a number of issues and if even a bit of direct communication had been given it could have been *mostly* averted.
    You have some interesting ideas to consider here. I'll think about what we can commit to and try over the next few weeks.

I wonder what class Gina plays....? :*

RDR2
    Currently playing a stam Warden.... and RDR2 ;)

@ZOS_GinaBruno going back to the lack of communication, i found this gem in the PS4 Patch Notes, what was actually fixed? "General

Fixed a crash that would occasionally occur during combat."
  • FelisCatus
    FelisCatus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jimmy wrote: »
    I will never understand why anyone would play this game on console. It's not a console game. Console launch was only there as a money grab, it's not the platform this game is meant to be on. Eventually consoles will get no support so focus can be 100% on PC.

I agree and it's sad old gen consoles hold back PC players. We won't get any new or innovative changes because they are "too heavy" for the older consoles to handle.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Class rep system was revealed to be an absolute sham—as expected. I feel sorry for those roped into the program now.

Program ended...idk now I miss it. At least they would say something about this chaos
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is from 2018.... :|

A rare glimpse of pre-covid life....
    Edited by Wolf_Eye on August 24, 2022 12:25AM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FelisCatus wrote: »
    I will never understand why anyone would play this game on console. It's not a console game. Console launch was only there as a money grab, it's not the platform this game is meant to be on. Eventually consoles will get no support so focus can be 100% on PC.

I agree and it's sad old gen consoles hold back PC players. We won't get any new or innovative changes because they are "too heavy" for the older consoles to handle.

@FelisCatus How did you even stumble on this 4 year old thread to randomly bump it?
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@FelisCatus How did you even stumble on this 4 year old thread to randomly bump it?
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

Perhaps he just wanted it locked? ;)
    (we all know what happens VERY shortly after a thread is necroed)
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Rust_in_Peace
    Rust_in_Peace
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy necro post.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »

Perhaps he just wanted it locked? ;)
    (we all know what happens VERY shortly after a thread is necroed)

Was a good read though :) same old problems.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
This discussion has been closed.