The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The silence of zenimax

• JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Before you get scared away @ZOS_GinaBruno from answering questions is there a reason why console patches can't be released sooner then what they are when games like dcuo on console release patches days later to fix broken things not weeks or months later like zos does why can't zos do the same why must we wait a long time to get things fixed after you guys break them I'm sure their is a way you guys could release a patch for us console player's a lot sooner then what you all do but just don't

One of the big reasons is to make sure we get as many fixes as possible in a patch. It's no secret console patches have to go through a certification process, which takes time. If we were to put out a patch let's say, next week, then it wouldn't include any of the fixes we're currently working on, or perhaps even the ones that just recently went out on PC. That said, if there are cases where we can hotfix a serious issue, then we can and do.

You are right, console can wait for an incremental patch. Trials aren't that bad:

Untitled.png

Y'all need to hurry please.

Clearly that's been photoshopped. /s
    Kilnerdyne wrote: »
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Before you get scared away @ZOS_GinaBruno from answering questions is there a reason why console patches can't be released sooner then what they are when games like dcuo on console release patches days later to fix broken things not weeks or months later like zos does why can't zos do the same why must we wait a long time to get things fixed after you guys break them I'm sure their is a way you guys could release a patch for us console player's a lot sooner then what you all do but just don't

One of the big reasons is to make sure we get as many fixes as possible in a patch. It's no secret console patches have to go through a certification process, which takes time. If we were to put out a patch let's say, next week, then it wouldn't include any of the fixes we're currently working on, or perhaps even the ones that just recently went out on PC. That said, if there are cases where we can hotfix a serious issue, then we can and do.

You are right, console can wait for an incremental patch. Trials aren't that bad:

Untitled.png

Y'all need to hurry please.

Ohhh that's beautiful! Beautifully pain to see I mean!
    Yet I still prefer this one (you've probably seen it)

https://youtu.be/ijV7k4ADYFc

That looks like a disco ball
    I logged a bug report, got stuck in the bug report screen as my bg was starting then got hit with the time penalty after being forced to restart. This game is so bad right now.

"Working as intended!"
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sun7dance wrote: »
    Jimmy wrote: »
    I will never understand why anyone would play this game on console. It's not a console game. Console launch was only there as a money grab, it's not the platform this game is meant to be on. Eventually consoles will get no support so focus can be 100% on PC.

That's totally nonsense of course. ESO was especially designed for consoles. Best examples are menu navigation and the fact that you can only slot 5 skills.

Not really.
    The reason they had to release console versions over a year after PC launch is they couldn't get console UI right.
    Development of ESO began before Skyrim launch and was designed with PC in mind.

That's not true, sorry.
    The idea of a console version already exists from the beginning. Why do you think, PC players can only slot 5 skills? Because ZOS has already considered the consoles.

Well, I must disagree, sorry.
    I followed ESO development since 2010-2011, and even their first trailer video, in 2012, Matt, Paul & Nick mention that the target base is MMO players and Mouse/Keyboard playability.
    After the 2014 PC/Mac release the coding had to be totally re-done for each console system which led to the delay of over a year for console release. (1 year, 3 months actually). If they planned it all along, why did they have to re-develop it? And the 5 skill bar, actually 6 with ultimate, is another way ZoS tried to set ESO apart from games like WoW and other MMO's.

But back on subject, while looking at the "Old" vids and interviews, it made me think....
    WHY doesn't ZoS do the "Year Forward" videos like Matt & Paul used to do? Where are the peeks and interactivity that ZoS had with us the first couple of years??
    Heck, the "Bi-Weekly" ESO-Live that I used to love is now almost "Bi-Monthly".
    Communication hasn't always been like this. Perhaps this thread will help.... :)

You're grossly mistaken if you believe ESO was originally supposed to be a PC-only game. I followed the news of it pretty closely too, and it was supposed to be a PC and console game and was supposed to be released within the same month. That was my only reason for getting the PS4. Then, it was such a buggy hot mess of a garbage fire on PC, that console release got pushed back a year and 3 months so they could try to fix all of the bugs on PC and then on console so that console release wouldn't be a dumpster fire too. I ended up getting Dragon Age Inquisition that December to keep me occupied until ESO finally did release for console.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

--- JP_Dovahkriid

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, what we can gather from Gina's response is:

"We agree we haven't been communicating as well as you guys would like, but we are working as intended."

"We may or may not make some fixes by the end of the month."

and the icing on the cake:

"There are other games besides ESO" :trollface:

So, I guess ZOS is telling us to move on from ESO and play other games.

"But oh, by the way, here's a reskinned mount! Please buy!"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

--- JP_Dovahkriid

• Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 years is the average dead line that people start to spam forum with "FIX THE GAME" threads, meaning in 2 years maximum ESO servers will shut down :(
    PC EU

• Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheDuck wrote: »
    Instead of complaining on these boards (which accomplishes nothing) complain with your wallet.

Stop spending money on this game, and when the coffers run dry, Zen will do something about it.
    Or not, and the game goes under. Either way, problem solved.

I think the game might be going under already...I'm sorry, I'm not trying to insult the game or anything, I love it so much, but...the vibe I'm getting is that the servers may be shut down within the next few years, or even early next year.
    I'm going to miss this game but I am planning to delete it in the next few days. I had such a fun time with it but now...I just can't play because it's so laggy. It seems like they are not maintaining it like they used to. This has been going on since Summerset. I was expecting this to happen eventually, but I'm going to miss it so much.

uh. no. does it have issues? yes. yes it does. oh. so. many. but is it going down, as soon as next year even? not even remotely. how do I know? we are getting content updates. actual content, fairly meaty content at that along with balancing patches. I have played several games that are either shutting down or seem to be on a verge of shut down (wildstar and warhammer online to start).. and trust me, ESO is nowhere near that.

there is still so much room for improvement but to me at least it seems like they are actualy working on said improvement
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »
    2 years is the average dead line that people start to spam forum with "FIX THE GAME" threads, meaning in 2 years maximum ESO servers will shut down :(

umm... people have been spamming wow forums with "fix the game!" threads pretty much since its inception.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • Ashilda_Dragonheart
    Linaleah wrote: »
    Instead of complaining on these boards (which accomplishes nothing) complain with your wallet.

Stop spending money on this game, and when the coffers run dry, Zen will do something about it.

I think the game might be going under already...I'm sorry, I'm not trying to insult the game or anything, I love it so much, but...the vibe I'm getting is that the servers may be shut down within the next few years, or even early next year.
    I'm going to miss this game but I am planning to delete it in the next few days. I had such a fun time with it but now...I just can't play because it's so laggy. It seems like they are not maintaining it like they used to. This has been going on since Summerset. I was expecting this to happen eventually, but I'm going to miss it so much.

uh. no. does it have issues? yes. yes it does. oh. so. many. but is it going down, as soon as next year even? not even remotely. how do I know? we are getting content updates. actual content, fairly meaty content at that along with balancing patches. I have played several games that are either shutting down or seem to be on a verge of shut down (wildstar and warhammer online to start).. and trust me, ESO is nowhere near that.

there is still so much room for improvement but to me at least it seems like they are actualy working on said improvement

Whatever you think...but are you playing on PS4 NA? I think that once the next consoles and more new games start coming out, people will have no reason to keep playing. I see hardly anyone anymore compared to when I started. I tend to spend a lot of time in the towns too. On PC this game will probably live for a while longer but I think people are getting frustrated with it. This is just my honest opinion.
    Anyway...I'm ditching this laggy mess of a game for RDR2. I'm going to miss it, but not enough to make me play again. I'm ready for next-gen games now.
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop buying from the crown store every week and they might actually have to put money into the performance and quailty of the game again.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whatever you think...but are you playing on PS4 NA? I think that once the next consoles and more new games start coming out, people will have no reason to keep playing. I see hardly anyone anymore compared to when I started. I tend to spend a lot of time in the towns too. On PC this game will probably live for a while longer but I think people are getting frustrated with it. This is just my honest opinion.
    Anyway...I'm ditching this laggy mess of a game for RDR2. I'm going to miss it, but not enough to make me play again. I'm ready for next-gen games now.

so maybe if you clarify that you mean specific platform? i have seen performance of this game in ps4 and.. its not good at all. but to be honest... none of the multiplayer games I tried on my ps4 worked all that well, whether it was something like multiplayer mode for uncharted 4, or actual multiplayer games like Division and Destiny, and it was especially apparently to me since I have both Division and Destiny 2 on both ps4 and PC (long story) and the difference is kinda crazy. but all that means is that the game .. may shut down on ps4 MAYBE (or they may port it to the next gen, which isn't coming out for a few years, yet), but that doesn't mean its shutting down any time soon everywhere else.

but.. and this is important. this game is not just on ps4. its on ps4, pc and xbox. so you cannot judge the game's longevity solely on your own personal, limited experience. you have to look at all factors of it. I mean.. I've been playing a bit on EU server and I could be hopping on NA to do clockwork dailies and constantly have crowds of people waiting for world bosses to respawn... while on EU its ghost town around same time. I could say that EU servers are empty or I could be reasonable and remember that most EU players are NOT playing around 6pm eastern standard time.

so what I'm leading at is performance of the game on a single platform is not a definitive indication of its performance as a whole... especially with that whole needing ps plus and all just to acess.

and again. I'm not saying that the game doesn't have issues. it does ... so many of them. all I'm arguing against are your doomsday "game is shutting down next year" predictions. I know what the game that's shutting down soon looks like. and ESO is not it by a long shot.

dirty worthless casual.
  • SinfulPrinc3ss
    SinfulPrinc3ss
    ✭✭✭
    They havent put out meaty content since orsinium which took a quite some time to finish. Everything they put out now is basically completed in a day for many of us.

Trials on xbox na are unplayable. We disconnect, have graphic issues, fps rates drop its impossible. Our guild has cancelled trials until something is done which sucks. We were fine before murkmire came along.

The running joke in our guild is about the load screen that says real game masters have a z in their name. Ive been playing since dexember 2015...not once EVER have i come across a game master on xbox na. Do they even get on console to truly see whats going on? I only ever see them twitch on pc which makes me think thats all they play.

That being said though the issues we are having on console are the very same pc users brought up when murkmire was released to them meaning for some reason ZOS just isnt listening to us? I dont understand the silence...its concerning as i enjoy this game so much as do many others but now we cant complete content or compete against others because of issues that no one has an answer for.
    SinfulPrinc3ss Xbox Na
    kajiit stamblade AD
    imperial stamtank AD
    high elf magplar AD
    high elf magplar AD
    wood elf stamblade EP
    breton templar healer AD
    high elf magsorc AD
    dark elf magblade AD
    redguard stamsorc AD
    high elf magplar DC
  • killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    Greysson wrote: »
    .... and RDR2 ;)

Is it only my opinion or could this be the worst a ComManager could say?

This has to be the stupidest question i have ever seen. Suggesting people cannot play triple a industry standard franchise titles when they release because they are a games com manager is asinine. No wonder why ZoS has slowly given up on this ridiculous cry baby community.
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game is actually disgraceful.

4 years and still the performance is garbage. Honestly how incompetent can you be to not have sorted out a solution to fix the performance of open world combat when your game was advertised for large scale combat, yet the servers cant even handle more than 20 players in one time without terrible lag and delays.

Embarassment. Guild Wars 2 which came out 7 years ago managed to have an engine that had seamless large scale combat with my Australian ping of 200+ and yet here in this game we have NATIVE AMERICANS who live within kilometres of the server not getting ping below 150.

Just sickens me. The declining state of the population honestly fills me with joy because it might open ZoS's eyes that something is inherently wrong with their game and their broken product is on a one-way ticket to its grave.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the end of the day we are only khajiit, humans, elves or orcs behind these keyboards.

What, no Argonians?
    Miswar wrote: »
    .... and RDR2 ;)

Nothing wrong with playing other games.
    .... and RDR2 ;)

Nothing wrong with playing other games.

Highly recommend playing other games due to ESO been utterly bugged and beyond repair. Kind of fresh to play functional games for a change.

And this is why they don't comment much. As I said a few weeks ago, there is always that person, somewhere, will always make a comment and spin it no matter what was said.

As for the game being utterly bugged and beyond repair, why are you around? How come you haven't moved on? This speaks more of YOU than the company because you see something that "doesn't work" and yet stick around. Move on. After all, if the game is really that broken, how come you are here on the forums and not playing a "working" game?
    I will never understand why anyone would play this game on console. It's not a console game. Console launch was only there as a money grab, it's not the platform this game is meant to be on. Eventually consoles will get no support so focus can be 100% on PC.

That's totally nonsense of course. ESO was especially designed for consoles. Best examples are menu navigation and the fact that you can only slot 5 skills.

What about other MMO games that only have 5 skills and are only on PC? I really don't understand how you can say that the game is made for console because of 5 slots.
    Exodium wrote: »

4 years and still the performance is garbage. Honestly how incompetent can you be to not have sorted out a solution to fix the performance of open world combat when your game was advertised for large scale combat, yet the servers cant even handle more than 20 players in one time without terrible lag and delays.

Embarassment. Guild Wars 2 which came out 7 years ago managed to have an engine that had seamless large scale combat with my Australian ping of 200+ and yet here in this game we have NATIVE AMERICANS who live within kilometres of the server not getting ping below 150.

Just sickens me. The declining state of the population honestly fills me with joy because it might open ZoS's eyes that something is inherently wrong with their game and their broken product is on a one-way ticket to its grave.

Disgraceful. Embarrassment. Yet you like another poster I quoted, hasn't moved on. If you are still here, I am sure your issues are not that bad.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so maybe if you clarify that you mean specific platform? i have seen performance of this game in ps4 and.. its not good at all. but to be honest... none of the multiplayer games I tried on my ps4 worked all that well, whether it was something like multiplayer mode for uncharted 4, or actual multiplayer games like Division and Destiny, and it was especially apparently to me since I have both Division and Destiny 2 on both ps4 and PC (long story) and the difference is kinda crazy. but all that means is that the game .. may shut down on ps4 MAYBE (or they may port it to the next gen, which isn't coming out for a few years, yet), but that doesn't mean its shutting down any time soon everywhere else.

Sorry, this isn't simply not true, the PS4 is perfectly fine handling multiplayer games, Destiny (1), FF14 and even the old versions of ESO are/were working mostly fine. It's the quality of the ESO's PS4 port that has gone down the drain during the last few years. For me it looks like they either lost the motivation to create a quality port for the Consoles or that they have lost any kind of hold on the quality of the PS4/XB1 port.

My personal bet is one the first options, Console has ever played 2nd fiddle to the PC and this shows. If I look on my old ESO friend list on the PS4 I only see a few people left still playing the game.
  • Aixy
    Aixy
    ✭✭✭

@Exodium "You can't solve a problem with the same mind that created it" Albert Einstein
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Embarassment.

I find it amazing that this did not turn into a "fix it NOW, or go find another job and we'll hire someone who can" scenario inside the studio. The way they casually treat this problem is alarming. I figure that I feel this way because I am missing a critical part of the story. The fix has to be so fundamental to the game that fixing it would be like starting over. It is also why I am fairly sure they will never fix it. It is already too late to fix it in ESO. It would be quite out of character for them to say that, so they just say nothing.
    Davor wrote: »
    If you are still here, I am sure your issues are not that bad.

I cannot speak for others. After suffering from crippling lag in Cyrodiil, I stopped playing in Cyrodiil. I found that other parts of the game did not manifest the problems like Cyrodiil did. I can still see that they have a performance problem, though. It is just a lot less noticeable in PVE. It was not tolerable in Cyrodiil. I play, and pay for, PVE these days.

Even if someone does not personally experience this, it is a problem for them. Those who do have a problem, will likely leave much earlier than if they did not. There is no guarantee that new players won't also experience it, and leave. If the net is fewer players, well, that is never good for an MMO. This is why I am an advocate that they need to fix this, even though I have positioned my game play so that performance problems are not in my face, anymore.

It would not surprise me to learn that player turnover is higher among the Cyrodiil players than it is among people who play other parts of the game. If performance is a problem, they just call the game *** and leave. They don't come to the forum to complain about it. Those who do come to the forum to complain are the gems. I am sure a lot of them eventually leave, since ZOS is not really doing anything.

This fall, the problem seems to be spreading outside of Cyrodiil. While I am not convinced that everything is due to ESO server performance (Akamai, DDoS, internet routing, etc), if part of it is due to server performance that they cannot, or will not, fix, that is not good.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SevenFantasy0
    SevenFantasy0
    ✭✭
    Joueurs Ps4, qui préfère être indépendant et réussir 1x chaque objectif
  • SinfulPrinc3ss
    SinfulPrinc3ss
    ✭✭✭
    Any updates for an xbox na patch? We are at a standstill in our trials guild and its causing quite a few people to just leave the game and move on to other things :(
    SinfulPrinc3ss Xbox Na
    kajiit stamblade AD
    imperial stamtank AD
    high elf magplar AD
    high elf magplar AD
    wood elf stamblade EP
    breton templar healer AD
    high elf magsorc AD
    dark elf magblade AD
    redguard stamsorc AD
    high elf magplar DC
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like they already forgot that they promised to be more transparent. @ZOS_GinaBruno Can you explain to me, what is your real job? Because I thought that community manager needs to speak with community but clearly that is not the case here. Stop with these nonsense, talk with us about your game or you will lose your playerbase. We are your paying customers and we want to be treated like it, not like idiots who can be silenced with crown store free items or non relevant discount.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czekoludek wrote: »
    Looks like they already forgot that they promised to be more transparent. @ZOS_GinaBruno Can you explain to me, what is your real job? Because I thought that community manager needs to speak with community but clearly that is not the case here. Stop with these nonsense, talk with us about your game or you will lose your playerbase. We are your paying customers and we want to be treated like it, not like idiots who can be silenced with crown store free items or non relevant discount.

You have to watch the Dev Tracker because there were multiple threads on this subject and not all the information got posted in here.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5619493/#Comment_5619493
    "As for my end, there is a plan, but we need time to get it fleshed out and implemented. I don't want to speak on behalf of Rob in regards to the vision and strategy for the game moving forward, but he has been hard at work getting this together. Again, these things take time and isn't something you'll see after just a couple days."

In summary: "Anywhere from a few weeks to the beginning of next year"
    Edited by Elsonso on November 24, 2018 12:24PM
  • Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Edward @ZOS_Chris and @ZOS_Holden.

Hello, Do you still exist? Does anyone except out-sourced Moderators check this Forum anymore?
    What's the lifespan of this game? Another year? 6 months?

Would be nice to know so we can move onto other games like @ZOS_GinaBruno & @ZOS_JessicaFolsom have done.
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silence seems to be a Bethesda-related thing.

Fallout 76 is a complete disaster critically and commercially, and people have been asking why Bethesda is so quiet on that as well.

0JKq3DY.png

Edited by Lake on November 24, 2018 2:52PM
  • Kilnerdyne
    Kilnerdyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the weekend so we probably won't get a response until June 2020...
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A vacuum is the worst. Into a vacuum of zero comms traffic we players will collectively inject some of the worst reasons we can think of.

Of course zeni isn't actually just sitting back and counting crown crate income like Ebeneezer scrooge before his redemption. But when there's nothing at all to counter that mental image... Then zeni becomes a building of many scrooges.

@ZOS_GinaBruno for what it's worth, I request an informal tone for these week-ish updates, with an amount of remedial explanation so people can relate to the size of the tasks.

Seriously. Remedial explanation. It's needed, I'm sure, because far too many people throw suggestions into these threads as if there's magically enough room in the program to handle whatever they want. Nobody wants the cookie-cutter copy pasta bug responses that the legal department would put out because those aren't human. But there's no need for crunchy details either.

Here's another idea to knock down that oft-tossed bomb "They never play their own game"... How about streams of playtime? Nothing structured or scheduled or even planned. Lots of people stream just to have fun, so what about turning off all the name stuff on the UI and streaming some plain fun times? When Rich said "FRAK YOU STRANGLER!" in march of sacrifices, every person I shared that story with had a chuckle over the very human very relate-able outburst. I can already imagine the commiseration after a developer turns to the camera and explains they are stuck in one of those "Fake tank in a dlc dungeon" pug groups. Some developers would get a regular roster of followers, depending on their preferred platform. Are you aware that the tutorial vids are largely put out by the pc crowd, and are of less help to console people because of the wildly variant interfaces along with the wildly different control styles? There's no single-press key for break free or synergy, for example.

Just a couple thoughts.
    Xbox NA
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Pretty sure that Fix the game threads has been around since early 2014, how many years ago is that again? ;)
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

Pretty sure that Fix the game threads has been around since early 2014, how many years ago is that again? ;)

To be honest, they have been around since 2013, during 1st & 2nd betas. So are the "Game gonna die by Christmas", "Never make it a year", etc.
    Game is almost 5 years live and already some of us have played for 5 years. ESO is still here. It most likely will be in another 5 years.
    But yes, there are issues from launch that still are in game. But they won't kill the game.. IMO...
    My 2 drakes.... :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

To be honest, they have been around since 2013, during 1st & 2nd betas. So are the "Game gonna die by Christmas", "Never make it a year", etc.
    Game is almost 5 years live and already some of us have played for 5 years. ESO is still here. It most likely will be in another 5 years.
    But yes, there are issues from launch that still are in game. But they won't kill the game.. IMO...
    My 2 drakes.... :)

I know, I did not bother to take part on the forums till early 2014, despite being part of the closed betas in 2013 but these kind of threads exist probably in every game that has the dubious honour of having a forum.

Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a simple test:
    Put 6 skill slots on the PC version, and see if/how the population numbers shift.
    If the PC numbers go up - consoles are holding us back.

:*
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »

Here's a simple test:
    Put 6 skill slots on the PC version, and see if/how the population numbers shift.
    If the PC numbers go up - consoles are holding us back.

:*

Honestly, 5 seems to work on PC very nicely. I changed ultimate from R to 6 just to get it away from the main keys. I have found that, on a keyboard where WSAD is used for movement, R is too close and the 6 key is just out of the way enough.

I played WoW for a long time, and while I had the game configured so that movement was based on the mouse, I always felt that the distance between 1 and 8 was too far. I found that I tended to center my actions around 3, making 1 - 5 primary. Keys 6 - 8 were secondary, as they required more attention, and movement, than the primary keys. Then I moved to a gaming mouse and keyboard and that went away.

Exceptional keyboard dexterity and special hardware should not be needed to effectively play a game.
This discussion has been closed.