Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Solving AotP

• Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    No faction has done more to suck the life out of this game than EP since 1.5 TB.

Prime time PC/NA/Vivec @ 8PM EST:

voQSDH4.png

AvA is dying.

On a Saturday.
    Options
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruckly wrote: »
    Presently during prime-time NA Vivec an 80 man group sweeps across dc territory taking all keeps in its path. Fighting this group head on results in siege not firing and disconnects. In is also difficult to kill 80 that fight in echelons since negate will never hit all 80 and you can only bomb a chunk at a time plus all the heal stacking. The current solution is to back cap and try and fight half at a time. However at the same time the 80 man group sweeps across the map a 40 man AD group will take the keep that needs to be back capped.

Problem: How do you defend 80 man blob with siege not firing and disconnects? Or if that is not possible how do you create time to fight 40 man group defending keep that needs to be back capped without losing scrolls?

It should be noted ash is usually under siege at the same time so it's a double faction stack.

This happens in all campaigns ...

Shor EU PS4 has one that comes on around 11pm and tears through everything , a few hours later another one comes on does the same

On a weekend it's worse when both are on ... The lag n inability to lock on and fire skill is horrible but the numbers are as high as your saying ...

But in vivec they are and that's worse ... Clearly the servers can't handle the numbers in one area ... Game was designed for lots of players to be spread out not condensed into a ball, yet ZoS keep promoting ball group play
    Options
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    That map was awful. DC two keeps and AD one keep 40 minutes ago? I don't think I have seen that before during prime-time. Definitely a sharp contrast from the 3 previous campaigns which were relatively balanced. Behold the EP good shepherd enrichens the game for us all.
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruckly wrote: »
    That map was awful. DC two keeps and AD one keep 40 minutes ago? I don't think I have seen that before during prime-time. Definitely a sharp contrast from the 3 previous campaigns which were relatively balanced. Behold the EP good shepherd enrichens the game for us all.

It's because we all know it's a no-win scenario. If we log in and push EP to recover scrolls and depose, we know the lag will be even more crippling than it normally is on a Saturday night.

With the massive lead EP has, capping the map during a low pop interval prior to prime time was incredibly lame. But again, EP on PC/NA has a long history of this.

Truly, the only way to win tonight is to not play. GG.
    Edited by zyk on December 2, 2018 2:07AM
    Options
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm gonna see how people defend the stamwarden nightraid group that was able to catch up 1000 points a night. lol
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm gonna see how people defend the stamwarden nightraid group that was able to catch up 1000 points a night. lol

No one is gaining 1k points a night and no one has nightcapped more than EP this cycle. But that's not my point.

Capping the map when your faction is 2-3k points ahead in points already just before prime time on a weekend is bad for everyone because of lag. Emping nolifelandros for the 20th time this cycle just before prime time is also pretty weak.

There are shades of grey here. Yeah, every faction caps the map. but not everyone does it before prime time when they already have a chokehold on the score. Yeah, every faction stacks at objectives, but not every faction has a zerglord leading 3+ raids to them.
    Edited by zyk on December 2, 2018 3:48AM
    Options
  • _Crow
    _Crow
    ✭✭✭
    Praise be to the Lord of Lag that blesses my Army with the ultimate weapon known to man... The ZOS lag!

The Army of the Pact shall continue it's hive ways until we have stomped the DC and AD scum into dust.

The meta is changing, the age of small man groups is over... The time of the Zergs has come!

Now, joking aside, before anyone talks about getting me banned, trolling me, or pulling me out of my house and cutting off my head in the street irl, maybe you should try and play at least ONE raid with us before you make judges without any real info at all! AP is open to anyone who wants to play with us, and we have a fun drama free time in discord while playing! :smiley: if anyone ever wants to play with us, just let me know in game! :wink:
    GM: Army of the Pact
    Loves War almost as much as Tbagging
    -Crow, Mag DK
    -Murder of Crows, Stam Warden
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    evivnada wrote: »
    It'll probably be boring for EP cause AD will not attack until DC pushes.

Yeah, because AD will be too busy defending against DC who will ignore the depose because they're playing for second place. If DC players were less interested in competing for second, we'd actually have a competitive scoreboard from pushing our mutual enemy this cycle, EP.

Emp has no effect on the score and under the current circumstances, EP is likely to re-emp within 24 hours anyway. The reality is that it is usually more fun to go fight the other faction than the zerg faction stack, whichever campaign or whomever's zerg it is. You also don't crash trying to get there.

Under the circumstances, mustering interest in a dethrone is going to be a tough sell.

Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Emp has no effect on the score and under the current circumstances, EP is likely to re-emp within 24 hours anyway. The reality is that it is usually more fun to go fight the other faction than the zerg faction stack, whichever campaign or whomever's zerg it is. You also don't crash trying to get there.

Under the circumstances, mustering interest in a dethrone is going to be a tough sell.

The 2k hp bonus for their entire faction is significant. And while the emp himself may not be very scary, the ball group he runs in is competent. Plus if the precedent isn't to depose ASAP, it just encourages them to emp more often.

But whatever, AD went and emp'd after the depose... /facepalm. I wish we could show some restraint when lag is at its worst.
    Options
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    _Crow wrote: »
    Praise be to the Lord of Lag that blesses my Army with the ultimate weapon known to man... The ZOS lag!

The Army of the Pact shall continue it's hive ways until we have stomped the DC and AD scum into dust.

The meta is changing, the age of small man groups is over... The time of the Zergs has come!

Now, joking aside, before anyone talks about getting me banned, trolling me, or pulling me out of my house and cutting off my head in the street irl, maybe you should try and play at least ONE raid with us before you make judges without any real info at all! AP is open to anyone who wants to play with us, and we have a fun drama free time in discord while playing! :smiley: if anyone ever wants to play with us, just let me know in game! :wink:

You are post #248. I have heard nothing of bans, trolling, or decapitation. You might be living in an alternate reality. You should try playing one raid with DC or AD during a 40 minute siege with no lag. Those used to exist I remember 2 and 3 campaigns ago.

I dunno about AD but drama in DC goes about as far as a certain faction generals mood o:)>:) to whoever can come up with the cleverest way to immortalize in words the lag in the game.
    Options
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your response to the other alliance players' plea to stop lag-bombing the server is...join your zerg. RIP Vivec.
    Options
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am an AD raid leader, Crow, and our usual 12-16 person group has crashed into your 60 person zergs several times recently. What you're doing is bad for the campaign. Yes, every alliance faction stacks occasionally to take back key objectives, such as when we lose Faregyl, but that happens organically because everyone knows that's an important keep. When our group logged in last night and saw the map totally red, we logged out. Happy now?
    Options
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. I and many others just quit. Your terrible for the community. Don’t understand why anyone would follow you.

Oh that’s right they are all new and don’t know better. Must be challenging and fulfilling.
    Options
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    Don’t understand why anyone would follow you.

Oh that’s right they are all new and don’t know better. Must be challenging and fulfilling.

It’s simple: cognitive bias and dissonance on a cult sized scale.

image0.png

A screenshot of a conversation a friend sent me. The “salt” was me posing the rhetorical question of “what’s wrong with stacking three raids?” Lol. As you can see, they have a delusional echo chamber. The second message by pug#7339293 is really insightful I think for anyone trying to understand this group. They legitimately see what they do as “logic and tactics” lel.

This Lanathor guy conveniently left out my actual final message in that conversation which was “found the zergling”.

Edit: I will say though, it’s quite amusing in an ironic sense to see guilds that chase small groups around the map with a full raid complain about bigger Zergs doing the same to them.
    Edited by CyrusArya on December 2, 2018 6:49PM
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
    Options
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for the day when all three factions has a zerg-guild to join and see them clash.. and probably set fire to the servers along with it.. Maybe ZOS will do something about the performance once/if it happens.
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
    Options
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoragaal wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the day when all three factions has a zerg-guild to join and see them clash.. and probably set fire to the servers along with it.. Maybe ZOS will do something about the performance once/if it happens.

at PC EU all three factions, or at least ep and ad, have a huge zerg pve ing the map at odd hours. But, they respectfully stay at different servers....One would wonder why ep on sotha and ad on vivec deliberately avoid having to, god forbid, pvp in cyrodiil...
    Options
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They won’t. Everyone goes through the whole wishful thinking cycle. As you become more experienced u find less things to keep you entertained and motivated to play.

Ganking was my last joy. Now that is stale as well.

This was a new one though that I hadn’t seen since that dude on DC did it in the first two or three years. Can’t remember his name but he stacked multiple raids too. But this new dude Crow actually thinking it’s funny destroying others gameplay is absolutely embarrassing.
    Options
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't make the next proposition with mentioning _Crow. There is no intent to name and shame it is a proposition specifically with regards to how he runs his raids.

For a guild that runs 72+ in raids is it a quantum leap forward to partition your raids into group of 16-18 and run two raids on one side of the map and two on the other. Or run two raids shallow on one side of the map and one raid deep with the 4th raid on the other side of the map. Do you have to run 24 man raids and stack two of them to take an outpost? There is an upper limit to how many numbers you can put at a keep before siege doesn't fire and a lag shield goes around the keep disconnecting anyone who approaches. Once you reach that point you are effectively PvDing and not sieging a garrison since if the garrison has 10 people and it is impossible to reinforce because of a lag shield the fort has to be abandoned and it is PvD. As a result of that the campaign score doesn't mean anything because you are abusing server restrictions to make that score. And thus the score that every other EP player makes doesn't mean anything. You effectively have the 1919 world series.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They won’t. Everyone goes through the whole wishful thinking cycle. As you become more experienced u find less things to keep you entertained and motivated to play.

This was a new one though that I hadn’t seen since that dude on DC did it in the first two or three years. Can’t remember his name but he stacked multiple raids too. But this new dude Crow actually thinking it’s funny destroying others gameplay is absolutely embarrassing.

Brandon South-Ga!
    Options
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I invite you to spend one hour on DC while your faction stack crap is on. You won't be fighting EP, you'll be fighting lag.

Options
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't get me wrong, I've been playing online since Quake 1 was first released. So a bit over 20 years now. I've gone from completely solo DM's, to small scale objective based pvp (CTF, 5vs5), to small scale DM's (Rocket Arena, iirc 5vs5/7vs7), to MOBA like 20vs20 pvp - some other forms of pvp - to eventually end up here where I do a bit of everything. The social aspect of group oriented gameplay has become more important through the years. And now I can get just as much joy out of seeing other people progress, both personally and team play-wise, thanks to my help. It's not only about the gameplay for me atm, it's sometimes about seeing people progress IRL too, all while standing inside a ram with a coffee in one hand and a keyboard in the other.
    But I've been both raid leading and guild leading, plenty of players plenty of times, I'm just surprised why nobody else is willing to do it.

So you got any ideas to why "they won't"?
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
    Options
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If what crow wants is no competition and a campaign full of pv-dooring, he has achieved it.
    Saying have a go to join his group isn't much of a solution to the 2/3 bar pop of ad/dc who get steam rolled whenever he takes his lag fest anywhere.
    Who will you zerg when most get bored of the crap you think is fine?
    Options
  • _Crow
    _Crow
    ✭✭✭
    The lord of lag works through me, I am but a vessel, and I will be rewarded in Valhalla with ping that never goes over 60 one day!
    -Crow, Mag DK
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lord of lag works through me, I am but a vessel, and I will be rewarded in Valhalla with ping that never goes over 60 one day!

In ages past, salt was worth has much as gold.
    Options
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Brandon South-Ga!

That’s it! Ty lol
    Options
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This thread if totally worthless. The guy is up on his high heels being praised by his hundreds men guild and feeling good about it. The entire world would go down and he would not change a thing because of how good he feels with so many people behind him supporting his behaviors, good or bad.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
    Options
  • _Crow
    _Crow
    ✭✭✭
    @frozywozy is 100% right! <3 plus we are still growing in numbers every day so look out, cause here comes 96 man raids! :o
    -Crow, Mag DK
    Options
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disgusting.
    Options
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    This thread if totally worthless. The guy is up on his high heels being praised by his hundreds men guild and feeling good about it. The entire world would go down and he would not change a thing because of how good he feels with so many people behind him supporting his behaviors, good or bad.

As a member of dracarys you can't possibly support him. The lag radiates everywhere and the people who it affects the most are the people most invested in ESO. Other people who have a couple CP toons and come and go it's not the end of the world we can play other games do other things or even play a different time slot. You won't have anyone left to fight except newly minted lvl 50s who don't have a clue about anything.
    Options
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still better than hump the ground db steel tornado nightraid pvd group
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.