Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Launcher Crashes on Update 9/04/2018

• Medivh50
    Medivh50
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm as well. My certificate was valid from 11/17/2016 to 1/3/2018.

What is the current work around that people are using?
    Stam Sorc ~ Ride Simpletree
    Pet Sorc ~ Scrupulous Simpletree
    Mag Warden ~ Sinister Simpletree
    Necro ~ Mystic Simpletree

"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee."
    —Every single guard, everywhere.
  • hobbes2424_ESO
    hobbes2424_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Medivh50 wrote: »

I can tell you what works. Here's two methods.

#1:
    Launch the game like you would normally and attempt to update the game.

Wait for it to freeze/crash after not even a minute. Close it.

Go into you launcher's directory and open host.developer.log in notepad or similar text editor.

Scroll down to see where the patch URL's are getting spammed and copy/paste this into your browser to manually download the files.

(The urls are usually formatted as .z01 .z02 etc. Don't forget to download the .zip by changing the end of the URL as well since that is also needed.)

Then navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online and you'll see three folders: depot, game, vo_en. Inside depot and game are folders with "patch" in the name and inside you'll find the files you manually downloaded.

Delete these temporary files the launcher created and replace with the ones you manually downloaded.

Then start the launcher again and it will keep going normally unless it hits another patch and you'll have to go back to the beginning (open the log and find the url).

Tedious, but it works and is relatively quicker than method #2

#2:
    Here's how to temporarily manually force the launcher to work, although it is going to crawl like a turtle through molasses:

Navigate to your game launcher's directory, for me it's in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher

Next, locate the file named "host.developer.log" and right click>properties

Head over to the Security tab and change permissions for Everyone so that this file doesn't have Write access. Tick on Deny under the Write field. Apply. Close.

Now when you open the game launcher it is going to CRAWL but--it does work and update. Hopefully after some waiting the game will finish updating. Upon the launcher finishing, close it and undo the Write permission we changed and untick Deny. When you open the game up again the launcher should be back to normal speed and should let you load into the game.

You might have to close and restart the launcher several times due to the launcher timing out.

I highly recommend doing method #1
    Edited by hobbes2424_ESO on October 29, 2018 10:41PM
  • LarsonofNi9e

#1:

Go into you launcher's directory and open host.developer.log in notepad or similar text editor.

Scroll down to see where the patch URL's are getting spammed and copy/paste this into your browser to manually download the files.

(The urls are usually formatted as .z01 .z02 etc. Don't forget to download the .zip by changing the end of the URL as well since that is also needed.)

Then navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online and you'll see three folders: depot, game, vo_en. Inside depot and game are folders with "patch" in the name and inside you'll find the files you manually downloaded.

Delete these temporary files the launcher created and replace with the ones you manually downloaded.

Then start the launcher again and it will keep going normally unless it hits another patch and you'll have to go back to the beginning (open the log and find the url).

#2:
    Here's how to temporarily manually force the launcher to work, although it is going to crawl like a turtle through molasses:

Head over to the Security tab and change permissions for Everyone so that this file doesn't have Write access. Tick on Deny under the Write field. Apply. Close.

Now when you open the game launcher it is going to CRAWL but--it does work and update. Hopefully after some waiting the game will finish updating. Upon the launcher finishing, close it and undo the Write permission we changed and untick Deny. When you open the game up again the launcher should be back to normal speed and should let you load into the game.

You might have to close and restart the launcher several times due to the launcher timing out.

yes this might work for some but earlier in the thread people were still having issues when doing this. I think there is a pattern emerging. If the OS thinks this application has expired certs its gonna wreak havok on it IE not letting it update correctly. I would like to see some others confirm if they have the same expired cert for their launcher then the hammering of customer service begins, i will open a ticket every day until they look at this, should be an easy and quick fix to do. and no its not an OS issue its an applicaition issue therefore ZOS has to fix and no its not something we can fix ourselves since ZOS has the cert.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_KaiSchober
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_BillE
    @ZOS_GaryA

Guys/Gals, Can you look at this as a possible issue on this problem? I would hate to bog your CS down with unneeded tickets. Please respond.
    Please see my comment on page 13 showing the local cert for the launcher is expired, have confirmed with a few other players they have the same scenario.
    Thank you
    Larson
  • Anarwyn
    Anarwyn
    Soul Shriven
    My certificate also expired 1/3/2018.

My daughter and I were able to download today's patch but my husband couldn't. Last week it was the reverse scenario. I have had to manually download ever since the Sept. 4th patch. The only difference today was I tried it first thing this morning where normally I would be waiting until the afternoon before I play. My husband started his launcher about an hour after mine but his failed.
  • LarsonofNi9e
    Anarwyn wrote: »

My daughter and I were able to download today's patch but my husband couldn't. Last week it was the reverse scenario. I have had to manually download ever since the Sept. 4th patch. The only difference today was I tried it first thing this morning where normally I would be waiting until the afternoon before I play. My husband started his launcher about an hour after mine but his failed.

Anarwyn, out of curiosity, what OS are you using? Win10 or Win7?
    Thank you
  • Anarwyn
    Anarwyn
    Soul Shriven
    Anarwyn wrote: »

Anarwyn, out of curiosity, what OS are you using? Win10 or Win7?
    Thank you

Win 10

Launching game through Steam if that makes a difference.
  • Medivh50
    Medivh50
    ✭✭✭
    I have resorted to reinstalling the game for the second bc of this issue. I also have Win 10.

• Crimsonorion
    Crimsonorion
    ✭✭✭
    I will check my certificate when I get home from work in the morning
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sureshawt wrote: »
    cgqd02hbeqpb.png

can anyone else confirm this on their PC? have a theory its causing issues when trying to update.
    Would be real nice if ZOS responds though, Have not heard from them on this thread since September 6.

Will check for this tonight.

Over a month and no fix from ZoS or even an update. Forced to use a VPN just to update the game. Ridiculously bad customer service.

Also confirmed. My certificate is expired or not yet valid with same date as yours. I think you may be on to something here. Well done!
    o8r1y7ci81sg.png
    Edited by Sureshawt on October 30, 2018 1:37AM
  • Crimsonorion
    Crimsonorion
    ✭✭✭
    cgqd02hbeqpb.png

can anyone else confirm this on their PC? have a theory its causing issues when trying to update.
    Would be real nice if ZOS responds though, Have not heard from them on this thread since September 6.

Over a month and no fix from ZoS or even an update. Forced to use a VPN just to update the game. Ridiculously bad customer service.

Also confirmed. My certificate is expired or not yet valid with same date as yours. I think you may be on to something here. Well done!
    o8r1y7ci81sg.png

While I'm not ruling this out, everyone seems to have expired in months before this issue started. The problem started in September and everyone so far has expired in May or January. Anyone know someone who has had no issues installing patches and see if they expired?
  • hobbes2424_ESO
    hobbes2424_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I really don't think this certificate has anything to do with the issue. The problem only started happening around August/September for me. The launcher just can't access the server properly. That's all.

Sometimes the launch will patch without a problem and sometimes it refuses to. The only thing I've noticed that is a pattern when failing is the launcher attempting to use port 80. Whether or not that's related, I have no idea. I really don't care either. I just want it fixed and for someone at Zenimax to give an update
    Edited by hobbes2424_ESO on October 30, 2018 3:54AM
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    cgqd02hbeqpb.png

o8r1y7ci81sg.png

While I'm not ruling this out, everyone seems to have expired in months before this issue started. The problem started in September and everyone so far has expired in May or January. Anyone know someone who has had no issues installing patches and see if they expired?

Agreed. Which is why I stated 'you may be on to something'.

I'm not ruling it out either even though there is a date mismatch. The reason being is that I believe different DS rulesets can be applied such as allowing a previously accepted certificate that has expired to still be accepted for a period of time before rejecting it (Grace Period).
  • xeledon
    xeledon
    ✭✭
    cgqd02hbeqpb.png

just checked, mine is exactly the same, add one to the list :smile:
  • LarsonofNi9e
    xeledon wrote: »
    cgqd02hbeqpb.png

cgqd02hbeqpb.png

Great, thank you all for checking that!. If you notice in the very bottom of my screenshot it shows i had re-installed the launcher on 9/30, now were the certs expired before the original issue began in September? I really don't know as the file could have reverted the cert originally and if ZOS is sure its not the problem then make our certs valid to a current time then we can know its not the issue. I have submitted a ticket to them with all of this information asking anyone from ZOS please respond. So if no response by this time tomorrow, i will open another ticket. Persistence is the name of the game. Who knows I might happen upon Robert Altmans email address and send him a letter, when my 30th ticket goes unanswered. Don't worry fellow adventurers we will see victory again!
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    cgqd02hbeqpb.png

cgqd02hbeqpb.png

Great, thank you all for checking that!. If you notice in the very bottom of my screenshot it shows i had re-installed the launcher on 9/30, now were the certs expired before the original issue began in September? I really don't know as the file could have reverted the cert originally and if ZOS is sure its not the problem then make our certs valid to a current time then we can know its not the issue. I have submitted a ticket to them with all of this information asking anyone from ZOS please respond. So if no response by this time tomorrow, i will open another ticket. Persistence is the name of the game. Who knows I might happen upon Robert Altmans email address and send him a letter, when my 30th ticket goes unanswered. Don't worry fellow adventurers we will see victory again!

Keep up the good work. Hope you hear back something soon. I can't answer your question even though I did some work with digital signatures in the past but that was some time ago and things change quick in the techie world.

Edited by Sureshawt on October 30, 2018 10:09PM
  • Nee
    Nee
    ✭✭
    Just wanted to post to say I too had this issue and the way I "resolved" it was by using a VPN (Private Internet Access) to patch. I also have Verizon Fios like the majority of people that I saw with this issue. Seems to be an ISP issue imo. I wonder if they have backup servers for patches if the main ones aren't reachable.
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nee wrote: »
    Just wanted to post to say I too had this issue and the way I "resolved" it was by using a VPN (Private Internet Access) to patch. I also have Verizon Fios like the majority of people that I saw with this issue. Seems to be an ISP issue imo. I wonder if they have backup servers for patches if the main ones aren't reachable.

It is not an ISP issue as people with multiple computers using same ISP, one computer has issue but the other does not even though same ISP. It has also been noted that the majority of ESO players are not having this issue at all yet these players use same ISPs as those that are experiencing the issue.

It can be resolved by using a VPN and that has been noted multiple times in this thread already but that is a temporary workaround to a problem that ZoS needs to address.
    Edited by Sureshawt on October 31, 2018 3:15PM
  • Tenesmus
    Tenesmus
    Soul Shriven
    I have an expired cert from May 2018.
  • LarsonofNi9e
    Good morning/evening,

So i have submitted numerous tickets and I still see no communication from ZOS. The responses i receive are bot-like and they obviously do not read the notes you submit other than it most likely scans for words and then sends responses that are close to what your issue is. 1st. shame on the community managers here, you have done absolutely nothing to respond or even care if the players have this issue are still having this issue. 2nd. Still looking for the top guys email, and although I'm sure hes most likely hands off for this, he can at least ask his underlings why the no communication or addressing the issue? I am sorry to you guys that we are all having this issue. I think when finally addressed there should be some type of compensation on ZOS part to show us they do care and pay us back for having to buy a VPN to download their game, even though pre-issue the game downloaded fine for all of us.
    Larson

videbimus victoria una die
  • Crimsonorion
    Crimsonorion
    ✭✭✭
    Good morning/evening,

So i have submitted numerous tickets and I still see no communication from ZOS. The responses i receive are bot-like and they obviously do not read the notes you submit other than it most likely scans for words and then sends responses that are close to what your issue is. 1st. shame on the community managers here, you have done absolutely nothing to respond or even care if the players have this issue are still having this issue. 2nd. Still looking for the top guys email, and although I'm sure hes most likely hands off for this, he can at least ask his underlings why the no communication or addressing the issue? I am sorry to you guys that we are all having this issue. I think when finally addressed there should be some type of compensation on ZOS part to show us they do care and pay us back for having to buy a VPN to download their game, even though pre-issue the game downloaded fine for all of us.
    Larson

videbimus victoria una die

Sadly it seems to have turned into a "Well it affects a very small group of people and its not gonna affect us financially so screw em"
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fun that we have not even got an answer from Zos.

If they don't care i don't care to give them any money :smile:

PS:

Also, since it was the tecs to tip me on Downloading a VPN for "fixing" the problem

If i happen to contract a malware and problems, I know where to give responsability for it :)
    Edited by Skander on November 5, 2018 12:38PM
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Geekgirl
    Geekgirl
    ✭✭✭
    22% and stuck.

Like the last patch.

And the one before that.

C'mon guys...
    PC/NA - Perpetually casual. Furniture and fish collector. Lover of exploration and opener of urns.
    Maxed CPs, still no clue how to endgame, too much time opening urns, prolly.
    Eve Morrison - Templar DPS - Furniture Crafter/Maker of Arms - Co-op w/hubby/achievements/crafting
    Jilly Narraway - MagDK DPS - Delves/Dungeons/Dolmans - She murders ALL THE THINGS!
    Fynn the Lucky - Warden Tank -- Seer of things/Explorer of places - RP/Solo/Storyline/Completionist
    Siluna Southpaw - StamDK DPS slippery-fingered type/Murder hobo - RP/Solo/Storyline
  • Geekgirl
    Geekgirl
    ✭✭✭
    Ran the Game Consultant:

System Information
    Time of this report: 11/5/2018, 08:22:45
    Machine name: DAREDEVIL
    Machine Id: Unknown
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming
    BIOS: 1.6.0 (type: UEFI)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
    Memory: 32768MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 32634MB RAM
    Page File: 6066MB used, 31431MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 32bit Unicode

DxDiag Notes
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Display Tab 2: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

DirectX Debug Levels
    Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

Display Devices
    Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
    DAC type: Internal
    Device Type: Full Device (POST)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_591B&SUBSYS_07981028&REV_04
    Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
    Device Problem Code: No Problem
    Driver Problem Code: Unknown
    Display Memory: 4095 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 128 MB
    Shared Memory: 3967 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    HDR Support: Not Supported
    Display Topology: Internal
    Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709
    Color Primaries: Red(0.640148,0.330578), Green(0.300305,0.600109), Blue(0.149914,0.060070), White Point(0.313000,0.329602)
    Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.500000, Max Luminance = 270.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 270.000000
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: unknown
    Monitor Id: AUO63ED
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.052Hz)
    Output Type: Internal
    Monitor Capabilities: HDR Not Supported
    Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP
    Advanced Color: Not Supported
    Driver Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\k127153.inf_amd64_3f3936d8dec668b8\igdumdim64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\k127153.inf_amd64_3f3936d8dec668b8\igd10iumd64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\k127153.inf_amd64_3f3936d8dec668b8\igd10iumd64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\k127153.inf_amd64_3f3936d8dec668b8\igd12umd64.dll
    Driver File Version: 23.20.0016.4973 (English)
    Driver Version: 23.20.16.4973
    DDI Version: 12
    Feature Levels: 12_1,12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1
    Driver Model: WDDM 2.3
    Graphics Preemption: Triangle
    Compute Preemption: Thread
    Miracast: Supported
    Hybrid Graphics GPU: Integrated
    Power P-states: Not Supported
    Virtualization: Paravirtualization
    Block List: No Blocks
    Catalog Attributes: Universal:N/A Declarative:N/A
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 2/27/2018 7:00:00 PM, 1930440 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp: Unknown
    Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-1A5B-11CF-F560-8827BFC2DA35}
    Vendor ID: 0x8086
    Device ID: 0x591B
    SubSys ID: 0x07981028
    Revision ID: 0x0004
    Driver Strong Name: oem0.inf:5f63e53499417f2d:iKBLD_w10_DS:23.20.16.4973:pci\ven_8086&dev_591b&subsys_07981028
    Rank Of Driver: 00D10001
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeWMV9_C ModeVC1_C
    DXVA2 Modes: DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_VLD DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_IDCT DXVA2_ModeVC1_D2010 DXVA2_ModeWMV9_IDCT DXVA2_ModeVC1_IDCT DXVA2_ModeH264_VLD_NoFGT DXVA2_ModeH264_VLD_Stereo_Progressive_NoFGT DXVA2_ModeH264_VLD_Stereo_NoFGT DXVA2_ModeH264_VLD_Multiview_NoFGT DXVA2_ModeVP8_VLD DXVA2_ModeHEVC_VLD_Main DXVA2_ModeHEVC_VLD_Main10 DXVA2_ModeVP9_VLD_Profile0 DXVA2_ModeVP9_VLD_10bit_Profile2
    Deinterlace Caps: {BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
    {BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
    {BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
    {BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
    {BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
    {BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
    {BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
    {BF752EF6-8CC4-457A-BE1B-08BD1CAEEE9F}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_EdgeFiltering
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY VideoProcess_AlphaBlend
    D3D9 Overlay: Supported
    DXVA-HD: Supported
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Enabled
    MPO MaxPlanes: 1
    MPO Caps: Not Supported
    MPO Stretch: Not Supported
    MPO Media Hints: Not Supported
    MPO Formats: Not Supported
    PanelFitter Caps: Not Supported
    PanelFitter Stretch: Not Supported

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 1050
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C8D&SUBSYS_07981028&REV_A1
    Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
    Device Problem Code: No Problem
    Driver Problem Code: Unknown
    Display Memory: 4095 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 3072 MB
    Shared Memory: 1023 MB
    Current Mode: Unknown
    HDR Support: Unknown
    Display Topology: Unknown
    Display Color Space: Unknown
    Color Primaries: Unknown
    Display Luminance: Unknown
    Driver Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvdm.inf_amd64_2c7c773e20d8bcfa\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvdm.inf_amd64_2c7c773e20d8bcfa\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvdm.inf_amd64_2c7c773e20d8bcfa\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvdm.inf_amd64_2c7c773e20d8bcfa\nvldumdx.dll
    Driver File Version: 23.21.0013.9125 (English)
    Driver Version: 23.21.13.9125
    DDI Version: 12
    Feature Levels: 12_1,12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1
    Driver Model: WDDM 2.3
    Graphics Preemption: Pixel
    Compute Preemption: Dispatch
    Miracast: Not Supported by Graphics driver
    Hybrid Graphics GPU: Discrete
    Power P-states: Not Supported
    Virtualization: Paravirtualization
    Block List: No Blocks
    Catalog Attributes: Universal:False Declarative:False
    Driver Date/Size: 3/15/2018 7:00:00 PM, 949016 bytes
    WHQL Date Stamp: Unknown
    Device Identifier: Unknown
    Vendor ID: 0x10DE
    Device ID: 0x1C8D
    SubSys ID: 0x07981028
    Revision ID: 0x00A1
    Driver Strong Name: oem52.inf:0f066de376641370:Section348:23.21.13.9125:pci\ven_10de&dev_1c8d&subsys_07981028
    Rank Of Driver: 00D10001
    Video Accel: Unknown
    DXVA2 Modes: DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_VLD DXVA2_ModeVC1_D2010 DXVA2_ModeVC1_VLD DXVA2_ModeH264_VLD_Stereo_Progressive_NoFGT DXVA2_ModeH264_VLD_Stereo_NoFGT DXVA2_ModeH264_VLD_NoFGT DXVA2_ModeHEVC_VLD_Main DXVA2_ModeHEVC_VLD_Main10 DXVA2_ModeMPEG4pt2_VLD_Simple DXVA2_ModeMPEG4pt2_VLD_AdvSimple_NoGMC DXVA2_ModeVP9_VLD_Profile0 DXVA2_ModeVP9_VLD_10bit_Profile2
    Deinterlace Caps: n/a
    D3D9 Overlay: Unknown
    DXVA-HD: Unknown
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Enabled
    MPO MaxPlanes: 0
    MPO Caps: Not Supported
    MPO Stretch: Not Supported
    MPO Media Hints: Not Supported
    MPO Formats: Not Supported
    PanelFitter Caps: Not Supported
    PanelFitter Stretch: Not Supported

Sound Devices
    Description: Speakers / Headphones (Realtek Audio)
    Default Sound Playback: Yes
    Default Voice Playback: Yes
    Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0256&SUBSYS_10280798&REV_1000
    Manufacturer ID: 1
    Product ID: 100
    Type: WDM
    Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
    Driver Version: 6.00.0001.8142 (English)
    Date and Size: 5/2/2017 12:00:00 AM, 5762568 bytes
    Other Files:
    Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
    HW Accel Level: Basic
    Cap Flags: 0xF1F
    Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000
    Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0
    Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
    HW Memory: 0
    Voice Management: No
    EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
    I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
    Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No

Sound Capture Devices
    Description: Microphone (Realtek Audio)
    Default Sound Capture: Yes
    Default Voice Capture: Yes
    Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
    Driver Version: 6.00.0001.8142 (English)
    Date and Size: 5/8/2017 08:10:40, 5762568 bytes
    Cap Flags: 0x1
    Format Flags: 0xFFFFF

Video Capture Devices
    Number of Devices: 1
    FriendlyName: Integrated Webcam
    Category: Camera
    SymbolicLink: \\?\usb#vid_0c45&pid_6a06&mi_00#6&dec57ec&0&0000#{e5323777-f976-4f5b-9b55-b94699c46e44}\global
    Rotation: 0
    Manufacturer: Microsoft
    HardwareID: USB\VID_0C45&PID_6A06&REV_6426&MI_00,USB\VID_0C45&PID_6A06&MI_00
    DriverDesc: USB Video Device
    DriverProvider: Microsoft
    DriverVersion: 10.0.17134.1
    DriverDateEnglish: 6/21/2006 00:00:00
    DriverDateLocalized: 6/21/2006 12:00:00 AM
    Service: usbvideo
    Class: Camera
    DevNodeStatus: 180200A[DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
    ContainerId: {00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF}
    ProblemCode: No Problem
    BusReportedDeviceDesc: Integrated Webcam
    Parent: USB\VID_0C45&PID_6A06\5&2849dbb0&0&12
    DriverProblemDesc: n/a
    UpperFilters: n/a
    LowerFilters: WdmCompanionFilter
    Stack: \Driver\ksthunk,\Driver\usbvideo,\Driver\ACPI,\Driver\usbccgp
    ContainerCategory: n/a
    SensorGroupID: n/a
    MFT0: n/a
    DMFT: n/a
    DependentStillCapture: n/a
    EnablePlatformDMFT: n/a
    DMFTChain: n/a
    EnableDshowRedirection: n/a
    FrameServerEnabled: n/a
    ProfileIDs: n/a

DirectInput Devices
    Device Name: Mouse
    Attached: 1
    Controller ID: n/a
    Vendor/Product ID: n/a
    FF Driver: n/a

Device Name: Keyboard
    Controller ID: n/a
    Vendor/Product ID: n/a

Device Name: Intel(R) HID Event Filter
    Controller ID: 0x0
    Vendor/Product ID: 0x8087, 0x0A1E

Device Name: HIDI2C Device
    Vendor/Product ID: 0x06CB, 0x7E92

Device Name: HIDI2C Device
    Vendor/Product ID: 0x06CB, 0x7E92

Poll w/ Interrupt: No

USB Devices
    + USB Root Hub (USB 3.0)
    | Vendor/Product ID: 0x8086, 0xA12F
    | Matching Device ID: USB\ROOT_HUB30
    | Service: USBHUB3
    |
    +-+ Generic USB Hub
    | | Vendor/Product ID: 0x05E3, 0x0610
    | | Location: Port_#0003.Hub_#0001
    | | Matching Device ID: USB\USB20_HUB
    | | Service: USBHUB3
    | |
    | +-+ Generic USB Hub
    | | | Vendor/Product ID: 0x05E3, 0x0610
    | | | Location: Port_#0001.Hub_#0005
    | | | Matching Device ID: USB\USB20_HUB
    | | | Service: USBHUB3
    | | |
    | | +-+ USB Input Device
    | | | | Vendor/Product ID: 0x1D57, 0xAD17
    | | | | Location: Port_#0004.Hub_#0006
    | | | | Matching Device ID: USB\Class_03&SubClass_01
    | | | | Service: HidUsb
    | | | |
    | | | +-+ HID-compliant mouse
    | | | | | Vendor/Product ID: 0x1D57, 0xAD17
    | | | | | Matching Device ID: HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_MOUSE
    | | | | | Service: mouhid

Gameport Devices

PS/2 Devices
    + Standard PS/2 Keyboard
    | Matching Device ID: *PNP0303
    | Service: i8042prt
    |
    + HID Keyboard Device
    | Vendor/Product ID: 0x8087, 0x0000
    | Matching Device ID: HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_KEYBOARD
    | Service: kbdhid
    |
    + HID-compliant mouse
    | Vendor/Product ID: 0x06CB, 0x0000
    | Matching Device ID: HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_MOUSE
    | Service: mouhid
    |
    + PS/2 Compatible Mouse
    | Matching Device ID: *PNP0F13
    | Service: i8042prt

Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
    Drive: C:
    Free Space: 41.0 GB
    Total Space: 236.6 GB
    File System: NTFS
    Model: NVMe Samsung SSD 970

Drive: D:
    Free Space: 947.8 GB
    Total Space: 953.9 GB
    File System: NTFS
    Model: TOSHIBA MQ02ABD100H

System Devices
    Name: Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Processor Participant
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1903&SUBSYS_07981028&REV_05\3&11583659&0&20
    Driver: n/a

Name: Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #5 - A114
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A114&SUBSYS_07981028&REV_F1\3&11583659&0&E0

Name: High Definition Audio Controller
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A171&SUBSYS_07981028&REV_31\3&11583659&0&FB

Name: Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Host Controller - A160
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A160&SUBSYS_07981028&REV_31\3&11583659&0&A8

Name: Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family PMC - A121
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A121&SUBSYS_07981028&REV_31\3&11583659&0&FA

Name: Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family LPC Controller (HM175) - A152
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A152&SUBSYS_07981028&REV_31\3&11583659&0&F8

Name: Standard NVM Express Controller
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_144D&DEV_A808&SUBSYS_A801144D&REV_00\4&42816D&0&00E8

Name: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_07981028&REV_15\4&700FA19&0&00E0

Name: PCI-to-PCI Bridge
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1901&SUBSYS_07981028&REV_05\3&11583659&0&08

Name: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3165&SUBSYS_44108086&REV_79\4&D2449FF&0&00E5

Name: Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #6 - A115
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A115&SUBSYS_07981028&REV_F1\3&11583659&0&E5

Name: Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Host Controller - A161
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A161&SUBSYS_07981028&REV_31\3&11583659&0&A9

Name: Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #9 - A118
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A118&SUBSYS_07981028&REV_F1\3&11583659&0&E8

Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_591B&SUBSYS_07981028&REV_04\3&11583659&0&10

Name: Intel(R) Management Engine Interface
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A13A&SUBSYS_07981028&REV_31\3&11583659&0&B0

Name: PCI standard host CPU bridge
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5910&SUBSYS_07981028&REV_05\3&11583659&0&00

Name: Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A103&SUBSYS_07981028&REV_31\3&11583659&0&B8

Name: Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family Thermal subsystem - A131
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A131&SUBSYS_07981028&REV_31\3&11583659&0&A2

Name: Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family SMBus - A123
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A123&SUBSYS_07981028&REV_31\3&11583659&0&FC

Name: Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A12F&SUBSYS_07981028&REV_31\3&11583659&0&A0

Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
    Device ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1C8D&SUBSYS_07981028&REV_A1\4&283D4F80&0&0008

DirectShow Filters

DirectShow Filters:
    WMAudio Decoder DMO,0x00800800,1,1,WMADMOD.DLL,10.00.17134.0001
    WMAPro over S/PDIF DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMADMOD.DLL,10.00.17134.0001
    WMSpeech Decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMSPDMOD.DLL,10.00.17134.0001
    MP3 Decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,mp3dmod.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    Mpeg4s Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mp4sdecd.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    WMV Screen decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvsdecd.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    WMVideo Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,wmvdecod.dll,10.00.17134.0112
    Mpeg43 Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mp43decd.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    Mpeg4 Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mpg4decd.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    DV Muxer,0x00400000,0,0,qdv.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    Color Space Converter,0x00400001,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    WM ASF Reader,0x00400000,0,0,qasf.dll,12.00.17134.0001
    AVI Splitter,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    VGA 16 Color Ditherer,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    SBE2MediaTypeProfile,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder,0x005fffff,2,4,msmpeg2vdec.dll,10.00.17134.0191
    AC3 Parser Filter,0x00600000,1,1,mpg2splt.ax,10.00.17134.0001
    StreamBufferSink,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    MJPEG Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    MPEG-I Stream Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,quartz.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    SAMI (CC) Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    VBI Codec,0x00600000,1,4,VBICodec.ax,10.00.17134.0001
    MPEG-2 Splitter,0x005fffff,1,0,mpg2splt.ax,10.00.17134.0001
    Closed Captions Analysis Filter,0x00200000,2,5,cca.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    SBE2FileScan,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,10.00.17134.0112
    Internal Script Command Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,quartz.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    MPEG Audio Decoder,0x03680001,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    DV Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,qdv.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    Video Mixing Renderer 9,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    Microsoft MPEG-2 Encoder,0x00200000,2,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,10.00.17134.0112
    ACM Wrapper,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    Video Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,quartz.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    MPEG-2 Video Stream Analyzer,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    Line 21 Decoder,0x00600000,1,1,qdvd.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    Video Port Manager,0x00600000,2,1,quartz.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    Video Renderer,0x00400000,1,0,quartz.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    VPS Decoder,0x00200000,0,0,WSTPager.ax,10.00.17134.0001
    WM ASF Writer,0x00400000,0,0,qasf.dll,12.00.17134.0001
    VBI Surface Allocator,0x00600000,1,1,vbisurf.ax,
    File writer,0x00200000,1,0,qcap.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    DVD Navigator,0x00200000,0,3,qdvd.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    Overlay Mixer2,0x00200000,1,1,qdvd.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    AVI Draw,0x00600064,9,1,quartz.dll,10.00.17134.0001
    Microsoft MPEG-2 Audio Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,10.00.17134.0112
    WST Pager,0x00200000,1,1,WSTPager.ax,10.00.17134.0001
    MPEG-2 Demultiplexer,0x006000
    PC/NA - Perpetually casual. Furniture and fish collector. Lover of exploration and opener of urns.
    Maxed CPs, still no clue how to endgame, too much time opening urns, prolly.
    Eve Morrison - Templar DPS - Furniture Crafter/Maker of Arms - Co-op w/hubby/achievements/crafting
    Jilly Narraway - MagDK DPS - Delves/Dungeons/Dolmans - She murders ALL THE THINGS!
    Fynn the Lucky - Warden Tank -- Seer of things/Explorer of places - RP/Solo/Storyline/Completionist
    Siluna Southpaw - StamDK DPS slippery-fingered type/Murder hobo - RP/Solo/Storyline
  • dark_zebra
    I just run a repair every time there is an update. I have it set to manually update, when I see the Update button instead of play, I use that. When it freezes, I quit in task manager, then open the launcher and Repair. Takes awhile, but it is simple.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/437485/9-24-2018-launcher-update-no-good#latest

@ZOS_BillE
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

November 5th 2018

Reporting my same issue. I am going to let you know, as of today Since September that I have to either manually download or use VPM like windscribe that cost me well over $800 to fix my computer because it let in a trojan that damaged it, as of today I'm move from being slightly inconvenienced to becoming upset now.

October it is that I believe you said, "said" you were going to fix this on your end. Yet it is still the same thing happening. If this game is server side, (to which I quote that lightly with all the new high ping going on as it seems we're all being ported across the globe to different countries to reach the server in the U.S.), but if this game is server side, then why is it I'm getting/or we're getting an update on our end for something that's on your end?

(Yeah rant time) Seriously, help me understand. You move an NPC, or nerf a DK, and that exactly has what to do with my game launcher? Where is the disconnect.(End Rant)

Please for the love of all good or evil in this Universe/MultiVerse, "PLEASE" just fix this and make it the way it used to be.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    To update everyone on the patcher issue, we can confirm this is an ISP issue. We’ve reached out to the internet providers who are blocking the associated files, and at this point, it’s up to them to resolve the problem. In the meantime, using a different network path could fix the problem and allow you to fully patch the game since this issue only affects certain files. In this case, you could try using VPN or using a different network or WiFi connection. You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

We are currently looking into ways to prevent ISPs from doing this to our traffic in the future. Thanks for everyone’s patience, and if you require further assistance, we encourage you to reach out to our Support Team.
    Quoting this for reference:
    We are currently looking into ways to prevent ISPs from doing this to our traffic in the future. Thanks for everyone’s patience, and if you require further assistance, we encourage you to reach out to our Support Team.
    "Looking into ways to prevent this."

Interesting. That was a quote from September. Since then I have seen no other comment in this regards. Where is the customer service? Whom in this community is going to inform us of what steps are being taken to stop this from happening.

Can someone please , post an announcement or mass emails to everyone in this regards. As from the quote above, as a customer service rep for a great number of years, I am surprised no one pointed out the one thing that is a major wrong in that quote. There is no apology. Zenimax, is simply thanking us, for being stupid. It's like a slap in the face.

I have seen so many people post all kinds of info in this thread, one where some poor client has a zenimax certificate that's showing as expired. I'm not the one that publishes these updates or game files, I'm a customer. I bought this game to play and also then play with others, I've been around for some time, yes. Made a few friends, few enemies, done all kinds of things in game. Got help and helped others.

Seems after a good 4 year run, this game is pretty much going to die out. My opinion as to why, high ping, lag, disconnects, log out unexpectedly, incomplete rendered NPC's, and worse yet is this. If we can''t even get an update how is it that we're even able to Play?

As a customer, I and also as I acknowledge the needs of other customers, we all spent a lot of money on this game. I know I have spent a ton of cash, but know for a fact that there are people out there that spent a whole lot more than I have, and that is huge, what I have spent and I can speak to this, is well over the thousands mark. Several at least, now I'm not saying this game has to be perfect, other than the fact I'm posting something negative right now addressing this one major issue, I actually have a lot of good things to say about this game.

I have truly been impressed over the outstanding work, design, application of ESO. I can probably sit here for a few hours and write a short novel of everything I think is overwhelmingly fantastic about it. Sure, so as we all know, especially in an office setting emails can sometimes be misread by the recipient, and the recipient can judge the character of the sender incorrectly.

So to be clear, I am not demanding, anything, I'm not begging for compensation, I am not attempting at sarcasm or to express an emotion of anger , disgust , or hate , I am, for myself, and on behalf of others am asking for quantity and quality in customer service to gather all their notes on this one subject and address it appropriately with a well thought out courtesy response.

Thank you.

~Charles.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • Maximilian
    Maximilian
    ✭✭✭

#1:

#2:

Method #1 has worked for us since this mess started. ZoS fix your launcher. please
    Edited by Maximilian on November 5, 2018 11:42PM
  • Medivh50
    Medivh50
    ✭✭✭
    Well once again this is happening to me. Even with this small patch. Made it to 33% this time. ZOS you are alienating part of your player base, loyal player base by not at least saying something about this. I know you know it is happening to us, please respond with SOMETHING!!!

I am TIRED of having to reinstall they game every time there is any patch!!!!

• Medivh50
    Medivh50
    ✭✭✭
    I have tried method #1 before and it didnt work, but it was on a multi hundred gig patch. I will try it on this smaller patch and see what happens.

This discussion has been closed.