The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is Swift balanced?

WreckfulAbandon
WreckfulAbandon
✭✭✭✭✭
If Swift is balanced and healthy gameplay then the Steed Stone is crying along with Lady Liberty, and I'm glad I transmuted all those pieces to Swift!

I vote for 7.5% per piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xckrrXdUFBk
Edited by WreckfulAbandon on August 28, 2018 11:34PM
PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP

Is Swift balanced? 206 votes

Swift is fine as is
55%
jediodyn_ESOSolarikenKikazaruGilvothJoy_DivisionLegacyDMLightspeedflashb14_ESORedTalonWuffyCeruleiSpringt-Über-ZwergeRikumaruAnkaridanDUTCH_REAPERkkravaritieb17_ESOvanzanbarrrtfalcasternub18_ESOElongkollege14a5Soris 114 votes
Swift should be 5% per jewelry piece
20%
Ashannedassneakereb17_ESONicko_Lpsparkourpageeb17_ESOShareerimmidimdimDimentiy47synnermanKanarKartalinMinalandtsharplesIlluvatarrleepalmer95Sleep724susmitdsQbikenAntonShanhero2zer0Tommy_The_Gun 43 votes
Swift should be 7.5% per jewelry piece
6%
josh.lackey_ESOChrlynscholsborgWreckfulAbandonAnkael07TimeDazzlerDKsUniteworsttankeverAmdar_GodkillerGagginHeresyallJobooAGSPrax3desNerftheforums 14 votes
Buff Swift. It's 2018, there has to be a troll option
7%
wuka91AkgurdDankstakylewwefanGrigorijMalahevichRouDeRWernaertGothrockFur_like_snowRagnarock41ATomiX96ll_RevItsNebulaFiedelstrichHotdog_23ccmedaddy 16 votes
Option 4 made my IQ go down... I'm suing
3%
rfennell_ESOAnimus-ESOAlendrinSqcEdziushaielzafineTheRedRavenTRJamesDX 8 votes
Option 4 is the worst but I'm not suing
5%
TrollwutWingtechnohicTaleof2CitiesEclipse0990Sky_WKMazbtLordDovWooshaHankTwocrazy_catman21 11 votes
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t take issue with swift as a concept. You’re giving up something for mobility. The problem is the damned servers can barely handle normal speed
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swift is fine as is
    Can we go one week without a topic saying something in the game is overpowered?

Every time people convince ZOS to nerf something, something else will seem to be overpowered so more nerf requests start rolling in.

Jewelry crafting hasn't been out for too long. One swift by itself is hardly game-breaking. Three are good, but it gives up a bunch of stats and I haven't had enough time to judge
    Edited by Joy_Division on August 28, 2018 11:51PM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swift is fine as is
    Swift is fine primarily because you make a significant trade-off to use it.

Speed pots however need a bit of an uptime nerf IMO.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swift is fine as is
    Swift is fine. You are right that by comparison Steed is absolute garbage for movement speed. It's barely perceptible, even with full divines. Buff Steed.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depending on the build, swift can be a great choice. If you're going for more weapon damage rather than max stam, 3x swift is great.

As for whether it's unbalanced or not, I'd say it's very strong but not OP. You are giving away stats in exchange for speed.

Infused is great too, as is tri-une (my favorite). They all have their uses.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is not swift being overpowered or not, the problem is the combat system working like crap vs targets moving at high speed.

Trying to hit a stamsorc with minor+major expedition and swift jewerly with meele attacks is borderline stupid. If you understand some combat mechanics you can abuse the combat system to the point where a guy sitting right in front of you will miss 50% of his attacks, even when you are on range of their meelee abilities. I'm not going into details, but experienced stam PvPers know how to abuse this. And this is not a problem only with stamsorcs, you can do it with every class, stamsorcs are just the most obvious example of it.

Movement speed is already a problem, and i really dont see how they can fix it withouth some awful bandit fix like they did with the unresistable snare in gapclosers. That being said, i just finished with the research of the trait and i'm going to slap swift in every single build LOL
    Edited by ManDraKE on August 29, 2018 12:06AM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swift is fine as is

Every time people convince ZOS to nerf something, something else will seem to be overpowered so more nerf requests start rolling in.

Jewelry crafting hasn't been out for too long. One swift by itself is hardly game-breaking. Three are good, but it gives up a bunch of stats and I haven't had enough time to judge

Great. There goes my next topic discussing how OP the s&b and Mages Guild skill line is. :/
    Edited by Cadbury on August 29, 2018 12:06AM
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swift is fine as is
    It's fine
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swift is fine as is
    Run v Xers love swift. (Ppl who out number thier opponents and run when the tide turns.

king of gamez coined that i think

Fun in capture the flag tho.
    Edited by Brutusmax1mus on August 29, 2018 12:57AM
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swift is fine as is
    It’s fine
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swift should be 7.5% per jewelry piece
    I'm not entirely convinced it's fine as is. Just wanted to gauge opinion. I see people are protective of all the transmute crystals they spent! I would still keep my Swift jewelry at 7.5% each but it would make the choice more meaningful imo.

Let us know if you change your mind after trying 3 swift for awhile. It's a game changer; 3k resources is not. With minor expedition and 3 swift you jog as fast as a lot of builds sprint. Throw in major and you're making people alt+f4 in BG's.

Swift is fine. You are right that by comparison Steed is absolute garbage for movement speed. It's barely perceptible, even with full divines. Buff Steed.

I think Steed is fine since it gives health regen and supposedly speeds up heavies. But Swift shouldn't outperform it to the degree that it does.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swift is fine as is
    I never thought that when people said that everything is going to have a thread about nerfing it made were serious...

Until now
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything it just made mag and stam builds fast now , a lot of stam builds already ran speed pots. The difference is now they don’t sprint to be as fast.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swift is fine as is

Yep! Agree. The Nerf team is in full force these days!
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is very frustrating trying to fight swifties using any kind of channeled abilities, but I don't know that it makes it imbalanced.

It certainly is strong, but on the other hand it's a trait that is occasionally completely useless.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not sure it matters. Apparently at times, I cant hit someone whos standing still right in front of me. At this point, they might as well make it like the games where you have to push the buttons rapidly, faster than the other guy to determine a winner.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Option 4 made my IQ go down... I'm suing
    I don't think it's Overpowered.

However it shows a little bit of an issue of balance for orcs and stamsorcs/stamwarden and particularly for orc stamsorc/wardens.

I'm ok with minor expedition... but the orc buffed sprint speed on top of it makes it a little too easy for certain combination to hit max speed versus other classes that have to sacrifice 2 traits to also do so. If speed is the goal, anyone not an orc and not a stamsorc/warden has to give up a bit to achieve it...

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swift is fine as is
    Swift is fine. One vamps bane or similar cheap snare drops your Swift bonus down to normal run speed.

It's 8 sec forward momentum for less than 2k cost that's the issue. Swap the duration with shuffle.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Swift is fine. One vamps bane or similar cheap snare drops your Swift bonus down to normal run speed.

It's 8 sec forward momentum for less than 2k cost that's the issue. Swap the duration with shuffle.

I actually ran shuffle on my Templar when going medium to run rally and then decided to leave FM and not bother with shuffle on my NB and even in medium I find FM better. Really should be swapped.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swift is fine as is
    Minno wrote: »

Nah what I would prefer is FM reduced to 4 sec.

For Shuffle I would prefer they reduce the cost and Major Evasion uptime by about 50%.
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not OP but it's a damn shame that stam toons can use speed+stam+brutality pots but mag toons cant use the same in their version.
    Edited by jaime1982 on August 30, 2018 9:25AM
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speed is for Sonic the terrible abomination of a hedgehog. And with bad targetting system and animations, you can barely hit anyone moving so fast
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on August 29, 2018 3:41AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swift is too strong on stamina anything, especially on HA brawler builds - it synergizes too well with Forward Momentum and Shuffle (not to the same extend due to lower immunity duration). We are at a point where even range damage can be outrun. The game can't handle that in my opinion.

But I don't like any of the proposed solutions. Snares are not popular, yet they are necessary. I personally preferred Elder Snares Online over the current Elder Swift Online.

My approach would be to strap any snare immunity function from forward momentum (and maybe even shuffle), the removal on cast can stay. Since snares have been nerfed heavily and swift has been introduced as soft counter I can imagine the outcome feeling a lot better than basically every stamina player running from anything that doesn't go his way. Swift stamina builds should be punishable, swift shouldn't be a free pass.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • dave011
    dave011
    ✭✭✭
    You are missing a option

# we don't care as speed has all ready been nurfed

the only place speed has a small factor is in PVP and only when scroll running. If you have a good team you can get a scroll back even from the far side of all it takes is planing and teamwork.
    PC/NA
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swift is fine as is
    Compared to robust u r losing 2,4k stamina, compared to infused u r losing 312 weapon dmg. Sounds fair.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swift is fine as is
    Swift is fine...

The sacrifice to get it is significant...

Swift x3 is costing me about 1.5k DPS on my Sweeps and it makes a big difference...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    Compared to robust u r losing 2,4k stamina, compared to infused u r losing 312 weapon dmg. Sounds fair.

Not when you can easily make up for it with proc or bleed damage, especially in noCP.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Not when you can easily make up for it with proc or bleed damage, especially in noCP.

But you can do it as well with 3 arcane or infused. Even more damage, uh.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pijng wrote: »

Procs or Bleeds are not amplified by stat pools.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Pijng wrote: »

Procs or Bleeds are not amplified by stat pools.

Still you'll deal more dmg, since you dont have only proc sets and bleeds as yojr dmg tools rigth?